Controversial Theory: Venus exalted in Aquarius

waybread

There is no need to take it so personally for this is a discussion about Rulerships. Aquarius traditional Ruler Saturn is not known for warmth and empathy. Water signs are more emotional. There is no need to make such broad, throwaway comments about Venus in Cancer or Venus in Pisces people.

Oh, c'mon Blackbery. :lol: I take very little of what I read on this forum personally. I'm a triple Aquarian with sun-Mars trine Uranus, remember??? We're known for our detachment, right?

So where is your Venus? In a water sign?

You happened to pick all water signs that you feel are against you.
I spoke about why Venus cannot be exalted in Scorpio and there's a reason also why it cannot be exalted in Aquarius. It's too masculine, not sweet like sugar and pie like Libra. All air signs can be rather detached but Libra's detachment is very different from Aquarius detachment. Venus in Pisces are far from clingy. They love deeply, truly and often get hurt because they allow themselves to be vulnerable as they give over their egos to a higher form of love. That is the very opposite of insecurity. Overall, looking at the entire chart can give further clues as to how a person loves but the Rulership of Venus and dignities/fall of the signs make perfect sense if you truly understand what each sign represents. People really need to study Venus in greater depth.

I don't feel that water signs are against me. What an odd concept.

I don't think that a masculine sign is unloving. What an odd concept. Love isn't just for girls. Traditionally the air and fire signs are masculine, and the earth and water signs are feminine.

Astrologically, your information is incorrect. Venus is in detriment in Scorpio, because Scorpio is opposite the sign Venus rules: Taurus. Venus is exalted in Pisces and in its fall in Virgo. The domiciles go back at least to ancient Hellenistic astrology, and the exaltations go back even further to Babylon or ancient Egypt. Scholars disagree on which country had them first, but either way, exaltations pre-dated the horoscope, let alone modern concepts. (References available on request.) The dignities and debilities have nothing to do with modern personality stereotypes.

What you've given is a kind of psychological astrology overlay on some far older concepts.

I'm not personalizing anything, except that my personal experience sometimes provide an example or contradiction to what other people post. And sometimes I can't resist jabbing an elbow in the ribs of information that is patently incorrect.

Speaking of which, I've been married to a sun-Libra for the past 22 years. I could tell you a thing or two about Libra. Also about the notion that Pisces are motivated by a higher form of love.

Rulerships by sign Taurus (by night) / Libra (by day)
Signs of detriment Aries & Scorpio
Exaltation (sign & degree) Pisces - 27°
Fall (sign & degree) Virgo - 27 °

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/venus_att.html

Lovely. I've been studying astrology since about 1990, and have a few hundred books and articles in my home collection. And am a member of the Skyscript forum. How about you?

Last edited:

BaoSanniang

Very interesting theory. Following the theoretical mindset of debate, I have to point out that the core function of Venus is to share loving feelings. And Aquarius is a cold, detached, rather mercurial sign, whom many blame with an inability to truly feel.

Its like Venus in Virgo without the critical nature, and with more expansiveness and big ideas to help humanity, not helping and assisting on small details.

If I were to pick a better point of theoretical exaltation, it would be Venus in Leo. Venus is warmed by the Sun, and is thus generous, demonstrative, magnanimous and affectionate.

In real life, I've observed Venus in Aquarius can be oddly unloving. The placement holder fights for fairness, humanitarian ideas, and can be one to sacrifice significant personal time and effort fighting for the underdogs and for those concepts.

Yet tell them that their son or daughter needs a hug, or their child need love, affection and encouragement, make them "feel" better and loved -- and they are surprisingly deficient, or in other cases, completely confused and don't know what to do. They just don't get feelings and how to transmit love in this respect.

For those reasons Venus in Aqua concept doesn't jibe with me. Venus work well in Pisces (a water sign of feeling and sacrifice for love).

This is what I hate the most about Aquarius placements. I believe one who is concerned with issues of the world and humanity while their own family's left to starve is simply unacceptable. I have Moon in Aquarius but thank god I'm a Cancer sun and I don't feel "humanitarian" at all, being honest with myself.

I have Venus in Gemini but why do I resonate so much with descriptions of Venus in Cancer, Virgo, even Capricorn? I show affection by DOING THINGS, and it's the small things that count. I have a hard time expressing my feelings upfront but I do things.

My Venus is in VI, Sextile Saturn, Trine Moon, Conjunct Mars, Opposite Ascendant. 7th house ruler is Mercury (GEM) in Cancer, conjunct Sun and square Saturn.

Last edited:

HeartTree

Venus in Virgo people you mention are very practical about love. Not the most romantic of signs. This is why it is in its fall in this sign. They love but it's tainted with the element of martyrdom. Love is not about sacrificing your own needs to serve the other. Or they can go the other way & make the other their 'victim'. Again, it's about the lack of balance and fair play..

Not agreeing. There doesn’t have to be martyrdom or going extremes. Venus is Virgo manifests their love by taking keen interest of their loved ones life. By acting towards their loved ones best interest with sincerity. And for example by giving thoughtful gifts and doing thoughtful deeds. That’s not very common in my experience.

So by serving and by deeds. I think that is romantic..but sometimes rejected or misunderstood way to love by others. For example I made lotion for my loved one to cure his rash only to see it be tossed away. Broke my heart as the deed of making that lotion and thinking his best interest was core manifestation of my love. I’m Venus in Virgo / Moon Aquarius myself.

Last edited:

Starsareround

Not agreeing. There doesn’t have to be martyrdom or going extremes. Venus is Virgo manifests their love by taking keen interest of their loved ones life. By acting in their loved ones best interest with sincerity. And for example by giving thoughtful gifts or doing thoughtful deeds. That’s not very common in my experience. So by serving and by deeds. I think that is romantic..but sometimes rejected or misunderstood way to love by others. I’m Venus in Virgo / Moon Aquarius myself.

My sense about Venus in fall in Virgo is no so much about martyrdom as it is misplaced analysis. Love is basically having a bad memory lol. Looking too closely at your love will tend to produce uncomfortable results. My thoughts anyway...esp since Venus is exalted in Pisces. Being selfless in love is a good thing. Yes you can be taken advantage of, but you are expressing the true nature of love and it’s not so important that other imperfect humans don’t receive it graciously.

greybeard

Sunday should come between Tuesday and Wednesday.

WHY is Venus no longer to be exalted in Pisces? I think Venus has been exalted in Pisces since Babylon.

The zodiac should have 13 signs of unequal size.

Two millennia of stupid, gullible incompetent astrologers bought into the old "Venus exalted in Pisces" trick.

But then they thought the world was flat.

Last edited:

david starling

Sunday should come between Tuesday and Wednesday.

WHY is Venus no longer to be exalted in Pisces? I think Venus has been exalted in Pisces since Babylon.

The zodiac should have 13 signs of unequal size.

Two millennia of stupid, gullible incompetent astrologers bought into the old "Venus exalted in Pisces" trick.

But then they thought the world was flat.

If the Earth has gone flat, it needs some Air-signs to pump it back up.

jac

Aspects, planets in signs, houses, etc.. are all in synthesis with the rest of the chart. Why does everyone keep issuing proclamations on parts of a whole entity?

Schematic of a soul, ingredients in a recipe, calculations in a formula, part and parcel of a being. This is not one size fits all.

serafin5

I know this might seem left field as all **** (blame my Jupiter-Uranus square and my Mercury-Uranus sesiququadrate), but since Aquarius is about bringing progress to humanity, wouldn't place Venus in exaltation because that brings the subjective focus of the energy to a higher level. I know Aquarius is also ruled by Saturn, but Saturn tends to bring things out of the air into something tangible and brings a sense of constancy to it. Also, both planetary energies are of the air element, with Uranus being the esoteric ruler of Libra and Venus being the esoteric ruler of Gemini. Yes, I know that it seems that Pisces is a good fit for the exaltation of Venus, with it being ruled by Jupiter and Neptune, but in traditional astrology Jupiter was the higher mind and Neptune even though it's a modern planet, is more about comfort and emotions to me, so that would be the higher octave of the Moon, since the creative aspects of Luna tends to be overlooked. Let's not forget that Venus is the daughter of Uranus. I know Uranus is detached but so is Venus if you think about it, since it's more about mental pleasure than emotional satisfaction. I know I'm all over the place with this
The one I have more issues with is Mercury. It is domiciled in Gemini and Virgo so how can it also be exalted in Virgo? I say it is exalted in Aquarius.

Humanitarian

Aquarius and Venus both wants reconciliation and unity for the humanity, yes, but Aquarius is more fixed, rigid and rational, while Venus is flowery, soft, watery, earthy, generally yin, and Aquarius likes being alone, because of Uranus, but Venus wants to meet people, socialize with people, practicing social skills, and even marry a person that the person truly loves, and so Pisces fits way more on Venus than Aquarius in term of exaltation, because Aquarius can be just brooding, rigid, stubborn as a Leo can be, while Pisces is more emotional and open-minded, and it can help to unite the whole world into one entity of Source!

Peakachoo79ta

I feel like, with Aquarius energy, in general, there's a fear of being too attached. It can be great for friendship, but friends don't have to be as intimate as a partner. But this could be my Venus in Scorpio talking.

MarsUranus

Aquarius does not care about anything personal and will hope you have your self together, they are not compassionate to people close to them.
So no, I disagree.

MarsUranus

If the Earth has gone flat, it needs some Air-signs to pump it back up.

You may be aware but... this was genius lol.
They call Air theoretical people, thinkers.
Well it would need thinking through and then Earth to make it objective, the true reality of the Earth, and Fire for the visionary aspect of it (sight).

You as an Aqua Moon are correct. 👏