intense research pluto 3rd

or1000

intense research pluto 3rd

i am very big on self discovery and wellbeing, and i do heavy amounts of research. and it's getting to the point that i don't know what to do with the information, and where to store it. it is so intense that is seems quite impossible to get all of this in-depth research into writing. so what happens is it stays up in my head.

whats your thoughts on this?

miquar

Hi. My thought on tbis is that perhaps the important question is: what feelings come up when you stop researching for a while?

Best wishes

Miquar

or1000

Hi. My thought on tbis is that perhaps the important question is: what feelings come up when you stop researching for a while?

Best wishes

Miquar

My concern here is that I spend my free time staring at books and articles when I should be relaxing. It’s teaching myself how to not do that thats proving to be a problem. Because my healthy escape IS that. Hmmmm.

miquar

Hi. I guess it's about finding a balance (sorry to state the obvious). It sounds like it's in your nature to explore ideas, but that you sense a compulsion that doesn't always feel healthy. There will no doubt come a time - most likely during a relevant Saturn transit - when it all feels futile, and then you will perhaps become more aware of any fears and insecurities that you are trying to alleviate by striving after understanding. But you can try to look at these fears at any time.

Best wishes

Miquar

Lykanized

I can certainly relate to this compulsion to dig deeper and deeper until you hit a solid rock wall and even then you gather all you have and chip away, dust by dust

It does get to the point it's destructive, like it can destroy the very foundations on which you've built the models and conceptualizations in your mind. It can get to the point it almost feels like there's nothing at all. It can get to the point the realness of what is around is questioned and no one can deter you, not even God. So in a way there may be a sense of making oneself God, a closeness to the idea that we are the Gods of our own universes

I like to liken the process to the ideal that trails along with Pluto, the proverbial phoenix rising from the ashes. The foundations will destroy to become rebuilt anew with all that stood the trial of fire

As Miquar digs a little into and as is evident with Pluto's power struggles, I think we have to check ourselves as the unaware Plutonian self can easily project their fears and needs for power and hurt others

For us, our power struggles will manifest in the mental realm, in communication, in dealings with others so it's especially crucial to check ourselves

Last edited:

Lykanized

I could imagine the individual who dreams of orchestrating the perfect crime, complex and perplexing, not leaving a trace behind, ripping away from others something so precious and being able to get away with it to be an unhealthy Pluto 3rd houser. That or perhaps a creator of a wholly destructive movement

But the healthier Pluto 3rd houser? They've been through the trials of fire and their dreams now are to guide others through, show them the way through the darkness by helping them find their own ways and learning what their darkness has to offer

miquar

Hi.I guess that over time the sense of urgency around understanding will fade, and you'll also acquire a better understanding of where it comes from. I hope you don't mind me saying, but it's relatively easy to compulsively seek understanding, and more difficult to seek understanding of the compulsion to seek understanding. You mention the foundations of knowledge crumbling and leaving nothing to stand on. When you try to understand where the compulsion comes from, the foundation that may crumble is your very sense of identity.

Of course although the thread has focused on Pluto in the 3rd, there will be other significators in your chart that reflect your need to investigate and probe. It would be interesting to see your chart if you're happy to post it.

Best wishes

Miquar

Lykanized

Hi.I guess that over time the sense of urgency around understanding will fade, and you'll also acquire a better understanding of where it comes from. I hope you don't mind me saying, but it's relatively easy to compulsively seek understanding, and more difficult to seek understanding of the compulsion to seek understanding. You mention the foundations of knowledge crumbling and leaving nothing to stand on. When you try to understand where the compulsion comes from, the foundation that may crumble is your very sense of identity.

Of course although the thread has focused on Pluto in the 3rd, there will be other significators in your chart that reflect your need to investigate and probe. It would be interesting to see your chart if you're happy to post it.

Best wishes

Miquar
Sure, if you want to look at mine. I believe you're addressing me. Perhaps there are other significators there. Virgo probably helps. or1000 also has some Virgoishness

Interestingly, I've studied that compulsion in myself before I got into astrology and I could recognize there was a power aspect to it, perhaps even compensatory. I think that inherent in Pluto's power struggles will be a need to compensate when one doesn't feel they have that power which is where it can get dark

Attachments

• astroChart.jpg
    astroChart.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 16

yuriv

We are all different yeah, and one might probably stay compulsive fi life. However I also think it's just a phase anyway, a time will come when you will feel the need to share all that knowledge you gobbling up.

miquar

Hi or1000 and Lykanized. Sorry - I somehow lost track of the fact that I was no longer replying to the posts of the thread-starter.

Yes, Lykanized your chart has various interesting significators that relate to the need to delve deep to find understanding.

The 3rd house Pluto is square the 12th house Chiron. There is a square between Mars in Virgo and Venus in Gemini which also connects with Uranus and Mercury. Mercury in Cancer can hunger after knowledge, and it is also in the 11th house. Jupiter and Saturn are in air signs. Jupiter is right on the Chiron/Pluto midpoint and semi-square these bodies also. Saturn aspects the 11th house Sun. Moon is rising in Virgo, with the ascendant quintile Pluto. The lunar nodal axis and the meridian axis are aligned across Gemini and Sagittarius.

Best wishes

Miquar.