Why is my Jupiter not working??

waybread

I think the main issue is Jupiter square Saturn.

The "Santa Claus" effect of Jupiter varies by person. I would say it's relative to your entire chart and life circumstances. Obviously Jupiter would seem to work out a lot better in the chart of a wealthy CEO than in the chart of a welfare recipient.

Saturn rules the bones and hard tissues of the body. In a square relationship, it can mean that these are problematic health areas. Also, with Aquarius on the cusp of your 6th house, Saturn is the traditional ruler of your health sector.

Note that the 6th house also relates to the principles of service to others and volunteerism, small animals, and and those aspects of your health that probably are going well.

clip11

I think the main issue is Jupiter square Saturn.

The "Santa Claus" effect of Jupiter varies by person. I would say it's relative to your entire chart and life circumstances. Obviously Jupiter would seem to work out a lot better in the chart of a wealthy CEO than in the chart of a welfare recipient.

Saturn rules the bones and hard tissues of the body. In a square relationship, it can mean that these are problematic health areas. Also, with Aquarius on the cusp of your 6th house, Saturn is the traditional ruler of your health sector.

Note that the 6th house also relates to the principles of service to others and volunteerism, small animals, and and those aspects of your health that probably are going well.
Is there any way I can change the effects of Saturn on my Jupiter

waybread

A square indicates challenges. So try to rise to the challenge. Squares are not all bad. People will sometimes work very hard to succeed in areas symbolized by the squared planets.

Saturn, to my way of thinking, works best as self-discipline. This might be a good time to work on your overall fitness and health.

JUPITERASC

Is there any way I can change the effects of Saturn on my Jupiter
notice that natal MARS is conjunct natal Jupiter :smile:
Vedic astrologers often offer advice on these issues
so then
for more answers on "changing the effects"

consider posting your chart on our Vedic board

Osamenor

Staff member
Here's a thing with Jupiter in the sixth: the sixth house is a house where you must put in effort. Routines, daily duties, sometimes just plain drudgery. Jupiter in that house can still bring fortune, but it doesn't just come to you, you have to work for it. That's where your efforts are especially rewarded if you work for something, but the key phrase is work for it.

But there's a case to be made that your Jupiter is really a seventh house planet. It's within five degrees of your DC, which is what many astrologers consider to be the "next house" zone, and it's in your seventh house whole sign. With that in mind, Jupiter could be working mainly in your partnership/other people arena.

In a case like that, I look at the overlapping meanings of the houses. Sixth house is work and routines and health. Sixth house is also the process of developing skill. Seventh house is partnership. Together, they become working partnership, or health partnership, or partnership in developing some kind of skill.

Translation: if you focus on the process of developing skill, or a process to maintain your health (given that you have chronic health issues, this would be especially pertinent), in some kind of partnership, or simply with others who may be focused on similar things, then you're engaging your Jupiter.

If you haven't had this happen in your life so far, then that's a potential waiting to be developed.

Jupiter being conjunct Mars and square Saturn indicates that this isn't the easiest kind of process, but it's something you can reap big rewards in if you put in the effort. It's not necessarily your job. It's not necessarily your medical appointments (assuming you have them). It could be anything you choose to do for this purpose.

clip11

Here's a thing with Jupiter in the sixth: the sixth house is a house where you must put in effort. Routines, daily duties, sometimes just plain drudgery. Jupiter in that house can still bring fortune, but it doesn't just come to you, you have to work for it. That's where your efforts are especially rewarded if you work for something, but the key phrase is work for it.

But there's a case to be made that your Jupiter is really a seventh house planet. It's within five degrees of your DC, which is what many astrologers consider to be the "next house" zone, and it's in your seventh house whole sign. With that in mind, Jupiter could be working mainly in your partnership/other people arena.

In a case like that, I look at the overlapping meanings of the houses. Sixth house is work and routines and health. Sixth house is also the process of developing skill. Seventh house is partnership. Together, they become working partnership, or health partnership, or partnership in developing some kind of skill.

Translation: if you focus on the process of developing skill, or a process to maintain your health (given that you have chronic health issues, this would be especially pertinent), in some kind of partnership, or simply with others who may be focused on similar things, then you're engaging your Jupiter.

If you haven't had this happen in your life so far, then that's a potential waiting to be developed.

Jupiter being conjunct Mars and square Saturn indicates that this isn't the easiest kind of process, but it's something you can reap big rewards in if you put in the effort. It's not necessarily your job. It's not necessarily your medical appointments (assuming you have them). It could be anything you choose to do for this purpose.
That's the thing. I work all of the time with nothing to show for it. All I am rewarded with is more work.

Osamenor

Staff member
That's the thing. I work all of the time with nothing to show for it. All I am rewarded with is more work.

What do you work on all the time?

I think your Jupiter message might be geared to a different kind of work from what you're thinking. But that depends on what you mean by "work."

clip11

What do you work on all the time?

I think your Jupiter message might be geared to a different kind of work from what you're thinking. But that depends on what you mean by "work."

I mean I work 8, 9, 10 hours daily at jobs I hate nearly everyday, involving physical labor. And I have nothing to show for it. When I was growing up, everyone told me that to be successful all you had to do was be willing to work hard. I see that's a lie or at least, it's a mistaken notion. I'm starting to think that luck and who you know is worth alot more than any amount of hard work.

I remember, I tried to enlist in the Air Force and I was really looking forward to going and traveling the world and having a military career. I met all of the requirements except for one detail.....I didn't have a straight spine like 99 percent of people have. Even my German Shepherd has a straight spine. I don't. So I was rejected.

I had a career in law enforcement, but unlike the majority of the population, I don't have a correctly functioning brain. I have ADD from as far as I can tell was caused by being born slightly pre maturely and being very sick as an infant. The first week of my life was spent in the NICU. So because I had undiagnosed ADD I lost my career.

And it's been just horrible for me when it comes to jobs my whole working life.

katydid

I mean I work 8, 9, 10 hours daily at jobs I hate nearly everyday, involving physical labor. And I have nothing to show for it. When I was growing up, everyone told me that to be successful all you had to do was be willing to work hard. I see that's a lie or at least, it's a mistaken notion. I'm starting to think that luck and who you know is worth alot more than any amount of hard work.

I remember, I tried to enlist in the Air Force and I was really looking forward to going and traveling the world and having a military career. I met all of the requirements except for one detail.....I didn't have a straight spine like 99 percent of people have. Even my German Shepherd has a straight spine. I don't. So I was rejected.

I had a career in law enforcement, but unlike the majority of the population, I don't have a correctly functioning brain. I have ADD from as far as I can tell was caused by being born slightly pre maturely and being very sick as an infant. The first week of my life was spent in the NICU. So because I had undiagnosed ADD I lost my career.

Yes, you do have Jupiter in the 6th. But it is squaring Saturn and Uranus /Moon in Sag and conjunct Mars.

So your Jupiter is under a lot of stress.

You mentioned your spine. The MC/IC axis rules the spine. Look at the placements on your MC/IC.

Chiron, the wounded warrior is on your MC.
Your MC is opposing Saturn/Uranus/Moon, which are straddling the IC.

And that opposition, which is aligned with your spine, is forming a T-square to Mars/Jupiter on the Descendant.

Those squares also have an impact upon your work/employment issues.

I think it is possible for you to find a career that you love and can be successful in. But it will take some focus on your part. What have you done about your ADHD? Have you sought help from a professional?

You will need help with that so you can focus on your strengths. What are you good at?

Frisiangal

Yes, you do have Jupiter in the 6th. But it is squaring Saturn and Uranus /Moon in Sag and conjunct Mars.

You mentioned your spine. The MC/IC axis rules the spine. Look at the placements on your MC/IC.

And that opposition, which is aligned with your spine, is forming a T-square to Mars/Jupiter on the Descendant.

Hi,
I am not contradicting the above, yet after re-checking my medical books and Googling for information, including Vedic and Greek medicine, and finding nothing to verify it, can I ask through which source the rulership of the spine along MC-I.C axis was obtained? I have never read of an axis ruling anything from the med. astrology perspective, whereas the signs on the cusps or planets associated with health issues in a house can.
The spine is 'generally' associated with the Leo-Aquarius axis and eventual ruling planets. With ruler Asc.(physical constitution) and M.C conjunct Neptune-Sun in Capricorn (ruler skeleton), a weakness(Neptune) in structure (Capricorn) of the spine (Sun, ruler Leo) is not unthinkable, although not necessarily problematic in itself.
I agree that Saturn conjunct Uranus, rulers 6th house of physical issues, to Moon could be associated with the spinal cord. Uranus rules the vertebrae and Sagittarius has rulership over the lower spine (tailbone), from which any curvature of the spine as a result of calcium (Saturn) deficiency (Jupiter in Pisces) could find its source.

clip11 wrote:
........... unlike the majority of the population, I don't have a correctly functioning brain.

That would describe the way a negative Jupiter square Chiron in Gemini might think, with Saturn creating a huge chip on the shoulder (Gemini area).
Jupiter in Pisces could well add an excess amount of self pity that, together, would then find it easy to disassociate one's self from what 'everyone else' has.

I believe Osamenor would be the first to encourage the thought that you don't have an incorrectly functioning brain, and would use the term 'neuro-atypicality' to describe its alternate wiring activity to that of others. There's simply a necessity (Uranus) to find the niche through which its mind can work functionally.

The chart gives a birth place in Detroit. Do you still live within the vacinity?

Mercury of Virgo, ruler Asc., is very mechanically-minded. Literally every ***** (i.e. nail, nut!!) and bolt has to be fitted, and every crook and cranny filled exactly as it should be. Wouldn't that work exceptionaly well in the motor industry, or a subsidiary division in the oil industry - ruled by Pluto or Neptune, according to whether it's associated with underground or through the sea? Jupiter in Pisces could then seek opportunities and work advantageously because it makes good aspects through a trine and quintile with each planet.

Mercury in Capricorn can learn via structural teaching, especially if there is enough interest in a subject. But the heart (Sun) must be willing to give it a try, through starts and stops and ups and downs, to climb that mountain to reach its top.
There is an exceptionally strong inherent will (Sun-Pluto) that could well overcome a harshly working Jupiter-Saturn (depression?) and Mars-Pluto defeatist tendency.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
The spine is 'generally' associated with the Leo-Aquarius axis and eventual ruling planets.
I thought that was broken down by which part of the spine we're talking about. Upper back and the upper part of the spine is Leo. Lower back, and the lower spine (lumbar and sacral bones) is Libra. Then we have Capricorn for bones in general. And Saturn.

So wouldn't the ruling signs/planets involved in his scoliosis depend on where the curve is? My understanding is that scoliosis is usually a curve in the mid to upper spine, which would make it Leo/Sun, but I could be wrong about that.

One way or another, we already know he has scoliosis. The only question is what the astrological signature for it is in his chart.

Osamenor

Staff member
And back to what I was originally going to say....

Your jobs are not the real work here. Not what I was referring to with that sixth house Jupiter. While the sixth house can indicate work you do for a living, and yours probably does describe the jobs you've had, in some way, its core meaning is vocation, in the traditional sense: a calling. Originally, the word meant a religious calling: what made someone become a monk or a nun, and devote their life to it.

What do you have that you can give to society? It may or may not be anything you get paid to do. The meaning of sixth house transcends that.

Katydid excellently explained the difficulties, astrologically, that you have with work:

Those squares also have an impact upon your work/employment issues.

I think it is possible for you to find a career that you love and can be successful in. But it will take some focus on your part. What have you done about your ADHD? Have you sought help from a professional?

You will need help with that so you can focus on your strengths. What are you good at?

Again, I would take that "what are you good at?" question and divert it, at least for now, away from anything that has to do with a job. Focusing on work-related talents, under these circumstances, would be beating a dead horse. Time to give it another meaning.

To start with, you obviously write very articulately. Do you write anything besides forum posts? Anything publishable? Blog? Book?

Mercury rules your MC. You can become known for what you have to say. Chiron at the MC: you could speak your truth about your afflictions, which would provide affirmation not only for you, but also for others with similar problems. Disabilities, especially hidden ones, are much more common than you would think. And a Scorpio Mercury needs to go deep. Expose the hidden things.

Writing is a process of skill development that develops self. That's a sixth house message, and a Virgo message. It's extremely common for writers to have at least one significant placement in Virgo. Your Virgo rising fits that bill.

A Pisces sixth house suggests a kind of development in the spiritual realm, or through creativity. Is there anything you're interested in that fits that bill? You might or might not think of it as spiritual or creative, so feel free to think about your interests creatively!

Or it might point to something you do to help your health. Could be something similar to what the person I talked about in this post did. Not that you necessarily have to take up tai chi, but it's one example of something that would fit with that Saturn/Mars and your Pisces sixth house, and engage your Jupiter in a health giving way.

Osamenor

Staff member
@Osa

Is your interpretation altered if his Mercury is actually in Capricorn?

Slightly, but my overall interpretation of his chart still stands. I meant to say his Venus is in Scorpio. That would provide the impetus to go deep and uncover hidden things. And with Venus trine Jupiter and Mars, his Venus is a big player, even if it's not the ruler of his MC. You are correct, he has Mercury in Capricorn.

That Capricorn Mercury would help provide drive and focus.