Clothes for Children

aquarius7000

Hi,

I am endeavouring to start a sort of a programme for collecting (decently used) clothes (from friends and co-workers) and then sending them over to countries like India and Bangladesh where there are many street children that could use them.

Since posting boxes via USPS or FedEx is quite expensive, I intend on first requesting both USPS / FedEx if they will taken on the cost of shipping. If they decline, then I may even ask one of the senior management at my place of work to take on the cost. I intend sending the boxes over about two times a year. I know someone in India that will take care of distribution locally. In Bangladesh, I will have to go via some people from Bangladesh I know here.

Question, of course, is: will the endeavour be successful?

I know that some consider the 12th house for welfare and charity, but I am not so sure about that. I think the 11th house does well for humanitarian concerns especially when involving groups (there will be at least a couple of people involved, even if initially my idea).

So, firstly, I very well like the facts that the N. Node is rightfully placed in the 9th, as this endeavour is meant for the overseas, as well as that Jupiter is on the Asc., albeit retrograde. The Moon is in Aquarius, and not that strong. Mars, I, am exalted in Cap, but will receive a square from Mercury, which rules the 10th house. Since I plan on seeking help from my company in funding it as well as from co-workers that they donate generously, could it be that I may encounter obstruction? Although, Mercury is in Mars dignity. Hmmm... The Moon will translate from Venus (rules the 11th) to Mercury (rules the 10th of work and goals), but in a square. However, given the aspects (connections), I would say that the project will take off, but will not be easy.

Thoughts? Thanks.:smile::smile::smile:

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_clothes_for_children.1556.24988.png
    astro_w2gw_clothes_for_children.1556.24988.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 35

Whoam1

Not really sure how the lot of this works exactly but I can say a few things. The first is in India, they Use sidereal dates mostly for astrology. I would have therefore drawn this chart up as such. (This would in theory put precedence on the clothes getting there and being evenly distributed rather than the asking for shipping help on your end.)

If you would do so, the AC would be in Libra Conj. Jupiter (perhaps the luck of you giving, As Libra is justice Jupiter is luck), the Venus (the clothes perhaps) is domiciled in Taurus(meaning the clothes would be like a luxury of the children?). The moon then in capy would counteracted by the exalted Aries sun.

muchacho

Hi,

I am endeavouring to start a sort of a programme for collecting (decently used) clothes (from friends and co-workers) and then sending them over to countries like India and Bangladesh where there are many street children that could use them.

Since posting boxes via USPS or FedEx is quite expensive, I intend on first requesting both USPS / FedEx if they will taken on the cost of shipping. If they decline, then I may even ask one of the senior management at my place of work to take on the cost. I intend sending the boxes over about two times a year. I know someone in India that will take care of distribution locally. In Bangladesh, I will have to go via some people from Bangladesh I know here.

Question, of course, is: will the endeavour be successful?

I know that some consider the 12th house for welfare and charity, but I am not so sure about that. I think the 11th house does well for humanitarian concerns especially when involving groups (there will be at least a couple of people involved, even if initially my idea).

So, firstly, I very well like the facts that the N. Node is rightfully placed in the 9th, as this endeavour is meant for the overseas, as well as that Jupiter is on the Asc., albeit retrograde. The Moon is in Aquarius, and not that strong. Mars, I, am exalted in Cap, but will receive a square from Mercury, which rules the 10th house. Since I plan on seeking help from my company in funding it as well as from co-workers that they donate generously, could it be that I may encounter obstruction? Although, Mercury is in Mars dignity. Hmmm... The Moon will translate from Venus (rules the 11th) to Mercury (rules the 10th of work and goals), but in a square. However, given the aspects (connections), I would say that the project will take off, but will not be easy.

Thoughts? Thanks.:smile::smile::smile:
What does 'successful' mean here?

aquarius7000

What does 'successful' mean here?
That the complete venture will come to life - people in the US will contribute, that I will be able to get fundings for shipment and that the clothes will get distribute by my acquaintances in India. In one sentence, success = that clothes will reach the street children for whom they are actually meant.

muchacho

That the complete venture will come to life - people in the US will contribute, that I will be able to get fundings for shipment and that the clothes will get distribute by my acquaintances in India. In one sentence, success = that clothes will reach the street children for whom they are actually meant.
So the question is basically "Will my stuff (clothes) reach its supposed destination (foreign land/people)?" - is that correct?

aquarius7000

So the question is basically "Will my stuff (clothes) reach its supposed destination (foreign land/people)?" - is that correct?
Yes, will the stuff reach the needy children? That is the question with the consideration of course that people have to donate it, it has to be shipped- shipment funded, then distributed there.

muchacho

Yes, will the stuff reach the needy children? That is the question with the consideration of course that people have to donate it, it has to be shipped- shipment funded, then distributed there.
Okay, that makes it a lot easier. Then I think we can treat this question as a question about sending/receiving mail.

Notice that L1 is about to change signs soon. L2 peregrine, retrograde and in H12. L1 also in fall of L2. So maybe you are going to change your mind soon because of the (lack of) funding? L2 in H2 probably means your main concern is the funding.

Based on receptions, I do think that the Moon could be your intermediary in India, which would be L9. In that case the needy children, the final destination, would be L7.

Moon (L9) is also running into SN before making any aspect to Venus (L7) or Mercury (L8, 2nd from L7; or L10, 2nd from L9). Which would mean your stuff probably won't reach its final destination because the intermediary won't make it. How well do you know this person in India? And how competent or reliable is that person?

There are also no aspects between L3 (mail) and L7/L8 (the children), not even between L3 (mail) and L9/L10 (intermediary). Venus is also L6 (the carrier), so no aspects could mean that it won't even be shipped to begin with.

So this doesn't look like your project is going to be successful.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi,

So, if I am following you correctly, you have assigned every piece a significator.

To answer your questions about "the intermediary in India", yes, I trust her completely because she herself also collects things for children and distributes to slum kids. She also goes thru the Lions club and all its distribution centre.

At my end, I now have to prepare notices and get permission to hang them around in my office, as well send the co-workers a motivational email requesting them to donate clothes and shoes. Let us see how it goes. I will certainly update as I make progress. Right now the plan is to do this twice a year at least. Wish me luck.

muchacho

Hi,

So, if I am following you correctly, you have assigned every piece a significator.

To answer your questions about "the intermediary in India", yes, I trust her completely because she herself also collects things for children and distributes to slum kids. She also goes thru the Lions club and all its distribution centre.

At my end, I now have to prepare notices and get permission to hang them around in my office, as well send the co-workers a motivational email requesting them to donate clothes and shoes. Let us see how it goes. I will certainly update as I make progress. Right now the plan is to do this twice a year at least. Wish me luck.
L9 for the intermediary is just an educated guess. So you can ignore that if what I've said there doesn't make sense to you. You can use Frawley's method of looking at (mutual) receptions to find out who is who.

Okay, does this mean this project so far only exist as an idea and you are still in the collecting information and pre-planning stage, i.e. no specific actions taken yet? I'm asking because in about 3 weeks (3 degrees) L1 (you) is going to change signs and will lose a lot of essential dignity and also around that time Moon (your co-significator?) will be conjunct SN. I'd take that as an indicator that there will be a change of situation (change of signs) and maybe something happening beyond your control (SN) that will force you to reconsider (change of dignities) the entire project. Moon and SN are in H3 so this may have something to do with the logistics of your project. L3 is also retrograde and slower than usual, i.e. nothing happening. And the house occupied by the SN is usually seen as severely 'damaged'.

Currently L1 is in own exaltation sign, so this prediction may probably seem absurd to you at this point in time. Anyway, I wish you good luck with your project. Keep us updated. I'm curious what kind of event Moon conjunct SN is indicating here.

Also, even though the horary seems to mostly indicated that this project is not going to take off, this only means that it is not taking off given your current approach, if you don't change anything. It doesn't mean that this kind of project is forever doomed. Just not right now based on the current circumstances, the current approach and the current players involved. So don't lose hope! I'd just take it as an indicator that your current approach needs some tweaking in order for your project to be successful. :smile:

aquarius7000

Thanks.

Well, it certainly is more than an idea in my own head. And, it is not that no action has taken place because this is what I have done so far:

1) I have spoken to someone recently about hanging notices to get people's attention to donating.
2) I have spoken to this person in India that will collect the boxes in India and get them over to the Lion's club for distribution purposes.
3) I have prepared the email for my email campaign that I would like to send around to the colleagues.
4) I am going to talk to our Senior Mgmt. as soon as I find an opportune moment in order to pre inform them.

Yes, the email still has to be sent out and donation/collection yet to begin. Whilst I do think that I will send the email to colleagues (the most important step) within the next three weeks, the whole collection and sorting process here itself will go beyond that.

The action-plan as mentioned above pretty much stands and I don't think I have room for change because there really isn't much room for it. If you have any suggestions now that you pretty much know the whole story, I'm waiting :)

muchacho

Thanks.

Well, it certainly is more than an idea in my own head. And, it is not that no action has taken place because this is what I have done so far:

1) I have spoken to someone recently about hanging notices to get people's attention to donating.
2) I have spoken to this person in India that will collect the boxes in India and get them over to the Lion's club for distribution purposes.
3) I have prepared the email for my email campaign that I would like to send around to the colleagues.
4) I am going to talk to our Senior Mgmt. as soon as I find an opportune moment in order to pre inform them.

Yes, the email still has to be sent out and donation/collection yet to begin. Whilst I do think that I will send the email to colleagues (the most important step) within the next three weeks, the whole collection and sorting process here itself will go beyond that.

The action-plan as mentioned above pretty much stands and I don't think I have room for change because there really isn't much room for it. If you have any suggestions now that you pretty much know the whole story, I'm waiting :)
Well, I always only have one and the same advice and that is to create from the inside out instead of the other way around, i.e. you apply leverage. Which means you focus on what you want and why you want it instead of what to do and who to contact etc. Because if you focus on what you want and why you want it most of the time, you will be in alignment with your goal most of the time and radiate confidence which will attract people that support that vision. If you focus mostly on what to do and when to do it, you get overwhelmed easily because there are still so many unknowns right now, so many questions you don't have answers to right now and so you lose sight of your vision. And if you are not in alignment with your vision most of the time, the people you attract aren't in alignment with your vision either.

So I would say that you spend most of your time doing some kind of virtual reality, where you jump right to the desired end result and skip the entire process of getting there, i.e. you see those children overjoyed receiving those clothes, you see your colleagues enthusiastically preparing boxes full of clothes, you see your boss handing you over a generous amount of money, you see your project becoming the main talk in your company, you see yourself being called by people you've never even heard of asking you eagerly how they can help you and get in on the fun etc. etc... That's how I would do it. I would make this vision so alive and real in my mind that at some point I'd be just oozing that kind of vibration in a way that is almost palpable to others. And then I'd just do what I feel like doing. The specific action wouldn't even matter because when I am in alignment with my goal, no matter what I do it can only contribute to achieving my goal. this also works the other way around, i.e. when you are not in alignment with your goal, not matter what you do, it will not contribute to achieving your goal.

So if you send emails and prepare flyers or not won't even matter because if you focus on your emotional journey instead of the action journey you will encounter a lot of 'weird'/serendipitous circumstances where people suddenly start approaching you instead you having to approach them. They will suddenly go out of their way just so that they can be part of what you've got going on, they will even be willing to ignore or bend rules. I've seen that happening thru-out my life. So, if you can, refrain from being realistic! That will just put unnecessary roadblocks in your way. Do nothing in terms of physical action for a while and just be be Pollyanna for a while, i.e. do the vibrational/focus work and ignore reality for a while. And that really works. After a while you will have exceptionally good timing and magically end up at the right time at the right place with the right people in a way that you could never have orchestrated with an entire army of supporting staff.

So maybe that's what the chart is telling us. Now is not the time for physical action, now is the time for the mental preparation work, virtual reality. L1 is exalted. You are in high spirits and sufficiently confident. No applying aspects. Maybe too early to act. Things, people and circumstances are not in place yet. If you act now, you will not succeed.

aquarius7000

Hi again,

Whilst I am very grateful for your efforts, which are quite enlightening - in general, I can assure you that all the thinking, looking inwards and introspecting as to why I am doing what I am doing has long happened. I have a Cap Moon that does a lot of deliberating to understand how to action on the needs of my Venus in Pisces - helping others. My Moon and Venus are also in a tight sextile, so they work extremely week in harmony. Now, both Venus and Moon have handed over the doing part to my exalted Mars in Cap, which, in turn, is conjunct Moon and also sextile Venus, so now all three are actioning together. So, the emails and flyers and seeking the necessary permissions are all carefully thought-of necessary actions. It is a bit useless to just keep emotinally thinking and planning without any outward action because thoughts and plans, only when manifested, can bear fruit. So, whilst what you say in terms of the emotional journey, is important, it has already happened.:)

muchacho

Hi again,

Whilst I am very grateful for your efforts, which are quite enlightening - in general, I can assure you that all the thinking, looking inwards and introspecting as to why I am doing what I am doing has long happened. I have a Cap Moon that does a lot of deliberating to understand how to action on the needs of my Venus in Pisces - helping others. My Moon and Venus are also in a tight sextile, so they work extremely week in harmony. Now, both Venus and Moon have handed over the doing part to my exalted Mars in Cap, which, in turn, is conjunct Moon and also sextile Venus, so now all three are actioning together. So, the emails and flyers and seeking the necessary permissions are all carefully thought-of necessary actions. It is a bit useless to just keep emotinally thinking and planning without any outward action because thoughts and plans, only when manifested, can bear fruit. So, whilst what you say in terms of the emotional journey, is important, it has already happened.:)
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't implying that you are a sloppy thinker or planner. I don't doubt at all that you have given it a lot of thought and consideration. You presented your case very well and in a very consistent manner.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough what this emotional journey means. It doesn't mean that you have to come up with a very specific reason. Your reason could as well be as nebulous as that helping people in need makes you feel good. The point of the emotional journey is to get you into alignment with your goal most of the time so that you get into the right state of mind that allows you to recognize opportunities where a minimum of action or effort nets you maximum results.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, but if it were true that your emotional journey has already been completed, then you wouldn't bother with an horary because your dominant vibration would be one of knowing instead of one of uncertainty or doubt and you would know exactly when to act and what to expect and how it is going to turn out.

I'm just saying this to clarify my point. My point is not that you are doing something wrong. We all have our own way of doing things. And that's fine. And I think you should stick to your way of doing things because you'll be the one responsible for your actions. So, good luck and remember to keep us updated! :smile: