What am I sick with?

Iced8Ace

@Waybread I appreciate the thought that you've put into this. I think I considered lyme disease at some point. I don't get night sweats, don't have swollen joints, though I do get stiff randomly. No sensitivity to light, or skin outbreaks. In 2017, I don't recall hiking, or going near ravines or forests.

Hi, @Osamenor, congratulations on becoming a moderator. Thank you for the link. I never knew Gemini ruled the nerves. I'm following Lilly's chart.

I'll share what I'm thinking and how I'm trying to read this chart:

I was looking at another horary from my past. Here's the thread: https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87420

The question doesn't pertain but what I noticed was the chart was radical. I also noticed, Mercury in Libra, ruling the 2nd and 6th house cusps. Venus (L1) recently separates from a sextile with Mercury. This is money for an illness, I believe.

About 2 years ago, I asked the question, "Will I be poor next year?" I wanted to move out, but being sick and unable to work, I couldn't. The chart showed the LOF in the 6th house, ruled by Mercury in Sag, and the lot trine Venus (L2). The chart was radical.

Looking at the illness chart, there's the LOF in the 5th house, ruled by Mercury in Libra. The source of cash is the illness. Moon is in the 2nd house. I wasn't even thinking of money when I asked this. I don't particularly care for money but I know in my chart, there is potential to make money (L2) from illness (conjunct L5, L6).

If there's potential to make money, someone messed up. Though, I doubt I'd even get money for that; I really doubt any of its intentional. I'm also thinking there's a fatal aspect to this illness, with the 8th house in play. I don't think I'll die, hopefully. I'm going to try to research more, thanks everyone for your help.

waybread

With Lyme disease, not everyone gets 100% of the symptoms. As I said, my niece got Lyme disease, and it took probably a year to get a correct diagnosis. She was tested, but got a false negative. Finally a doctor said for her to take antibiotics, which will clear it up, as it did. If the person doesn't have Lyme disease, the antibiotics won't do much harm. Did you take any antibiotics for something else during the course of your illness, and if so, what happened?

An 8th house emphasis, in this day or modern medicine, doesn't mean death so much as a life-threatening illness.

Osamenor

Staff member
In 2017, I don't recall hiking, or going near ravines or forests.
Ticks are most often found in grassy meadows. Been in any?

Pets can bring them home, too. And there are some studies indicating that Lyme disease can be sexually transmitted. If you were sexually active during that time, that's a possibility.

Hi, @Osamenor, congratulatins on becoming a moderator.
Thanks!

I've been a moderator over a year and a half now. Where have you been? ;)
Thank you for the link. I never knew Gemini ruled the nerves. I'm following Lilly's chart.
Yes, Gemini rules the nervous system. Aquarius, meanwhile, rules nerve impulses. (I just took a medical astrology course and like the chance to show off! :tongue:) Maybe this chart's moon in Aquarius is also suggestive of something affecting the nerves? Or something in the blood (Aquarius is also blood and circulation).

The article I linked you to has another link to the American Herbalists' Guild, which has a whole publication on herbal treatment for Lyme disease. If there's scientific research on herbalism to be had, AHG has it. In general, the risks of using herbs as a treatment are less than the risks of using drugs such as antibiotics, in that there's much less potential for side effects and you won't create resistant bacteria and won't wipe the good bacteria out of your body along with the bad--although treating it herbally does require knowing what you're doing or working with someone who does, and those people are usually not as easy to find as doctors.

Osamenor

Staff member
If there's potential to make money, someone messed up. Though, I doubt I'd even get money for that; I really doubt any of its intentional. I'm also thinking there's a fatal aspect to this illness, with the 8th house in play. I don't think I'll die, hopefully. I'm going to try to research more, thanks everyone for your help.

Maybe you'll get paid to be in a research study for your condition, ie for an experimental treatment.

A fatal aspect doesn't necessarily mean you'll die of it, as waybread pointed out.

Iced8Ace

With Lyme disease, not everyone gets 100% of the symptoms. As I said, my niece got Lyme disease, and it took probably a year to get a correct diagnosis. She was tested, but got a false negative. Finally a doctor said for her to take antibiotics, which will clear it up, as it did. If the person doesn't have Lyme disease, the antibiotics won't do much harm. Did you take any antibiotics for something else during the course of your illness, and if so, what happened?

An 8th house emphasis, in this day or modern medicine, doesn't mean death so much as a life-threatening illness.

With L1 receiving the illness, it's like the illness will be "welcome" to do whatever it wants. That may signify death, but I have little experience so I'll take your word for it. I haven't taken any antibiotics, if I recall correctly. I will ask a doctor about potential lyme disease as well. Thanks!

Ticks are most often found in grassy meadows. Been in any?

Pets can bring them home, too. And there are some studies indicating that Lyme disease can be sexually transmitted. If you were sexually active during that time, that's a possibility.

Hm, no pets at home. I don't think I was sexually active at that time.

Thanks!

I've been a moderator over a year and a half now. Where have you been? ;)
Welcome. Around. How's policing the forums been?

Yes, Gemini rules the nervous system. Aquarius, meanwhile, rules nerve impulses. (I just took a medical astrology course and like the chance to show off! :tongue:) Maybe this chart's moon in Aquarius is also suggestive of something affecting the nerves? Or something in the blood (Aquarius is also blood and circulation).
Lol, I see. Someone on this forum told me from looking at my natal chart that I'd have circulation problems (apologize for not recalling your name). I have Aquarius on the natal 6th house. Moon is void and doesn't seem to do much. When I look at what body parts Mercury represents, the consistency even when changing signs is the heart.

The article I linked you to has another link to the American Herbalists' Guild, which has a whole publication on herbal treatment for Lyme disease. If there's scientific research on herbalism to be had, AHG has it. In general, the risks of using herbs as a treatment are less than the risks of using drugs such as antibiotics, in that there's much less potential for side effects and you won't create resistant bacteria and won't wipe the good bacteria out of your body along with the bad--although treating it herbally does require knowing what you're doing or working with someone who does, and those people are usually not as easy to find as doctors.
I wouldn't mind getting into herbal medicine, I just haven't the means. I'll try to keep it in mind if it turns out that I have lyme disease.

Maybe you'll get paid to be in a research study for your condition, ie for an experimental treatment.

A fatal aspect doesn't necessarily mean you'll die of it, as waybread pointed out.

Merc's dignified in triplicity--that's too much for a study. I explained the thinking up there, but I also know I have to apply some common sense.

muchacho

Hey all,

I've been ill for some time; the doctors don't know what it is. I'm doing much better now, which I'm thankful for, just some lingering effects. I couldn't help but wonder what the illness is, in case it reoccurs.

Question was: What was I sick with from Oct 2017 to February 2018

I haven't got much experience with health matters, so I am asking for a hand. I'll write down what I saw in this chart:

Mercury is Lord of the hour, the chart is radical!

Querent is L1, which is Saturn, in the 12H, in domicile. I'm doing well.

Saturn joys in the 12H. Moon is in Aquarius, in face, ruling the 7th sign. Moon's in 2nd house.

Mars is a malefic in the first! OH no. L6 is domicile, exalted and in decan, about to change to Libra who is peregrine and going to square Saturn. Mercury is in the 8th house of death... conjunct Sun, who rules 8th sign/house! Oh no.... both are applying to a square with Saturn.

The problem is Saturn receives Mercury in Libra! By exaltation and term (I use Egyptian terms). Luckily, Mercury receives Saturn by term, so I'll be ok, I really hope.

Doesn't the combustion make mercury powerless, however? Do I have nothing to worry about?
Who meets me first? It's Mercury.
If you want to know what happened in the past you should look at separating aspects.

And your first house is severely damaged, 3 natural malefics there - SN, Pluto, Mars. Additionally, L1 is also a natural malefic and located in the 12th. That's not an indicator of well-being.

I'd say L6 combust and SN in H1 plus L1 in 12th all somehow indicate that your illness is hard to detect/diagnose.

Iced8Ace

If you want to know what happened in the past you should look at separating aspects.

And your first house is severely damaged, 3 natural malefics there - SN, Pluto, Mars. Additionally, L1 is also a natural malefic and located in the 12th. That's not an indicator of well-being.

I'd say L6 combust and SN in H1 plus L1 in 12th all somehow indicate that your illness is hard to detect/diagnose.

Combustion hides things; I completely forgot. Yeah I'm not doing too well right now, but it's not enough to hinder me absolutely, thankfully.

I think you're right, I drew up a chart for the diagnosis. It appears the illness will be diagnosed.

We'd look at moon's separating aspects, I think. Moon in Capricorn was trine Mercury and Sun with Sun receiving by decan. No reception really, so not sure how to read that.

Iced8Ace

Update: Didn't find out what the illness was. I had a follow up MRI in June because there was a slight chance they found something back in November 2018. The follow up in June confirmed it was nothing. There is no neurological explanation for my symptoms.

I'm going to ask my family doctor to try to look at different routes. I lost my sense of touch and sense of taste like a year and a half ago? That's still lingering. Also, been dealing with tactile hallucinations, thoughts. Blah. Currently on anti-depressants, though they're supposed to help with the hallucinations. I'm thinking of having an astrologer look into this. All I knows my Mercury (L1) and Saturn (L5, L6) firdaria came and then wham. Illness city.

Iced8Ace

Saturn is in Capricorn in 12th and I'm suspicious of the course of treatment. Did you take any meds prior to illness onset?

Not really. When I began having headaches, difficulty with speech and confusion, I was told to take tylenol or advil or both together for headaches. I took them both for awhile until the headache became too severe and they were ineffective. I started retaking them until my neurologist told me Advil actually worsens headaches and I've discontinued since then.

Hm isn't Mars the treatment? Mars is a peregrine malefic in the 1st.

Good catch btw, I've noticed that Saturn in Cap in the 12th in my Lunar Returns representing me. I don't know why. I may post my natal chart in the natal section.