Juno in a male chart

hermetic

I've been reading threads about Juno here, but have a specific question regarding relationships, so I am posting here in relational forum. If mods think it is better somewhere else, feel free to move

It says everywhere that Juno for a male is a description of a wife he searches. My question is - how does a male feel towards a girl when there is a conjunction of his Juno and girl's Sun or Moon in synastry?
How different is this then when his Moon or Venus conjuncts her's Sun, Venus or any other possibility of personal planets contacts.
Is it more ideals/values connection - 'this is the woman that would be good for me' - or is it felt like a real emotional connection as it is with Moons and such...
I hope my question is clear, if someone has stories, for example how did some girl who 'touched' your Juno made you feel, share please :)

freedomlover

It says everywhere that Juno for a male is a description of a wife he searches. My question is - how does a male feel towards a girl when there is a conjunction of his Juno and girl's Sun or Moon in synastry?
How different is this then when his Moon or Venus conjuncts her's Sun, Venus or any other possibility of personal planets contacts.
Is it more ideals/values connection - 'this is the woman that would be good for me' - or is it felt like a real emotional connection as it is with Moons and such...
I hope my question is clear, if someone has stories, for example how did some girl who 'touched' your Juno made you feel, share please :)
My 2 cents:

I have found that Juno represents how a woman is within the confines of the household, as a "wife". So, it represents how she is in relation to the husband regarding household matters. Household matters would include the finances and the care and cleaning of the house. It also includes controlling tendencies, as Juno was very jealous and controlling. The man's Juno would indicate how he expects a woman to be in these circumstances, and also the type of women he will tend to attract. Juno was very money-oriented. I have not found Juno to be a very positive asteroid, but tends to show the negative, controlling qualities of the woman. In a man's chart, it would tend to show the negative, controlling qualities in a woman he tends to attract. To me, Juno's natural abode, and ruler, should be Capricorn. Juno tends to show the side of a marriage based on material support, rather than on true love. In a man's chart, it can also show what he expects a woman to do for him in the marriage - what he wants out of it, ego-wise.

To give an example of Juno, and it happens to be in Capricorn..... I have ASC in Capricorn. I keep attracting men in my life with Juno in Capricorn conjunct my ASC. These men all tend to have the "Women are subservient to men. They stay home and do all the cooking and cleaning while the man works to support her" mindset.

I read a really good article somewhere on the web a year or so
ago about all of these things. If I can locate it again, I will post it.

As to specifically, how his Juno would relate to Sun and Moon in synastry, I cannot say. But hopefully this information may help you or someone else to figure out that part. I can only hazard a guess or two. My own personal guess at her Sun conjunct a man's Juno is that this is an area where she would "shine some light" on his idea of a wife, or alternatively, would be willing to give/provide these Juno qualities to him. I would think her Moon conjunct his Juno would show some sort of hidden agenda, or repressed feelings concerning these issues, maybe something she is not aware of, or he is not aware that she has - something hidden that needs brought to light.

The way it is different than Moon or Venus is what I elaborated on. Juno tends to carry these specific qualites in to the relationship, and could be seen as a giver of details concerning the Moon/Venus contacts about this area specifically. I do not see Juno as an indicator of emotional connection at all, for Juno had a cold personality, if I remember correctly. Juno is more about the money.

Edit: Also, Juno could show under what conditions the person would be willing to marry/partner with someone - what is important to them in a marriage - because Juno is all about marriage.

Anyway, hope these ramblings helped a little.

FL

Last edited:

Polo

I was under the impression for a long time that Juno was all that should come with a marriage- love, safety, a warm home.
I read recently about Juno in Magi astrology, and they claim it's purely sexual.

flea

suppose the jury is still out on her meaning. At the least it is an ongoing interesting debate. My longest relationship was where his juno conjuncted my mars and my juno conjuncted his venus. This was the only strong contact apart from my sun conjunct his south node. There was compelling attraction, yet not really based on a true compatability, as I have a fire sun and merc and he missed all fire signs.

Anyway there were hidden issues about the goddess working away in the background I think. Maybe it pushed me into discovering my own goddess energy after we split. I certainly have far more respect for womanly pursuits than I ever had in my youth, and have found it very powerful.

I suppose the problem is that the goddess energy is in most peoples shadow, and as hidden it can cause problems.

FleaXXX

hermetic

freedomlover, your post made a lot of sense and made some things clearer for me. I figured it would be less emotional connection, but had to ask because I was not sure.
I seem to get lots of contacts from males whos Junos are somehow related to my personal planets, Sun and Moon mostly.
And now I see the difference you describe between Sun and Moon conjunctions with Juno, thanks for the explanations

flea, you mention your Juno, but I thought for females Juno placement is not that important ?? or is it?

How about Juno contacts in one's natal chart?
If someone has Juno conj Moon? A guy with this could look for a mother in a wife? expecting motherly qualities?

OR a female has Juno conj Neptune? unclear ideas about marriage, or imagining marriage as a dispersing, border-dissolving experience?
I appologize for some unclear formulations, english is not my native and there are some things I don't know how to translate

Polo

Moon conjunct Juno would point to someone being nurturing in a relationship and expecting the same from others. It could impart a very motherly quality.

VENUS

anyone know how many deg you use for juno conjunctions? mine is in aquarius 4 deg away from my sun. is 4 deg too wide?

flea

hermetic
I work on the basis that we all havw feminine and masculine traits....feminine being the intuitive, the parasympathetic, the right brain, the receptive quality and the masculine the analytic, the sympathetic, the left brain and the action principle.

Juno is the counterpart of Jupiter..... she is not just a wife.....she is the goddess principle in which ever way you want to see it. Small forgotten ignored...;. not sure how to use her....

Do the stories relate to her just as a wife or a creative force in her own right?? How do women see themselves??

I have Juno on my MC conjunct Lilith, and have been looking at the suppression of the feminine, as a result of feeling the impact in my life.

So Juno is something there playing out in my outer social life. My sun sq pluto/uranus prob gives me an unorthodox experssion or demeanor, which are all tied in to my juno. Anyway the receptive juno connections being the main aspect for an eighteen year relationship sparked my interest esp as one of the synastry aspects was sun/sat sq merc.

FleaXX

Lolabelle

My Uranus is conjunct (minus 2 degrees) sig other's Juno, in Leo. My Chiron is exactly opposite in Aquarius. Any thoughts on this? Thinking maybe since Uranus is ruled by Aquarius, my placement there might be a refreshing about face from what he "expects". He just went through a nasty divorce so maybe my Chiron can have some healing effect?

Poupoupidou

Well, I would describe it not as the wide he searches, because sometimes we search for ideals. Juno is not about ideal partners, but about partners that would work in committed relationships.

A synastry conjunction between Juno and Sun or Moon is surely supportive. She would have the right personality or he would probably feel well with her, like in a cocoon. But, that partner may not have the maturity to see it if he is young at heart. You would also want to check other aspects between the both of them.

The difference with aspects not involving Juno is that affinities don't necessarily imply committed relationship or marriage material. They could be friends. Juno energies are about soul partners.

Last edited: