Mental Illness in my chart?

craft94

Based on my chart, what mental illnesses would you guess I might have? I know the 12th house and the 6th house are both related to mental illness and so, I'm curious.

I don't know if this post belongs here or medical astrology so feel free to move it if its in the wrong thread.

Attachments

• chartastro.jpg
    chartastro.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 150

PlutorisingLee

Hello,
I only glanced at your chart but I hope this is helpful.
As far as mental illness goes- it's any tension in the chart that gets unbalanced.
Some Natal Charts just show more tension that can take out of this balance. I always thought the 8th house and aspects are a good place to start.
Your Moon in the 12th in Taurus apposing all the Scorpio planets is a tension point-big time. A Moon here really doesn't allow self-expression and your own emotions may be hidden from you. When an emotion is hidden it can take control over your life and come out as a health problem. Having all the opposing Scorpio planets in the 6th house is related to that as well. You have a Gemini rising- so open expression of the mind (moon) is natural to you. But when in the 12th house this may be a bit harder to do- until you use your Sun- the ego in Libra. Libra are a sign that is ironically the most unbalanced and if you don't balance your mind out with the hidden emotions then you get problems with the health of the mind. But the Libra can help you "think" your emotions through! and because you have this pretty Gemini rising- talking to others about problems is very healthy.
Anyway if I had to say what the problem was- repression of emotions and of you true self that seeks balance. The kind of mood swings that cause stress and don't allow you to work (Saturn in the 1oth house).
Please tell me if any of this makes sense.
Lee

craft94

Hello,
I only glanced at your chart but I hope this is helpful.
As far as mental illness goes- it's any tension in the chart that gets unbalanced.
Some Natal Charts just show more tension that can take out of this balance. I always thought the 8th house and aspects are a good place to start.
Your Moon in the 12th in Taurus apposing all the Scorpio planets is a tension point-big time. A Moon here really doesn't allow self-expression and your own emotions may be hidden from you. When an emotion is hidden it can take control over your life and come out as a health problem. Having all the opposing Scorpio planets in the 6th house is related to that as well. You have a Gemini rising- so open expression of the mind (moon) is natural to you. But when in the 12th house this may be a bit harder to do- until you use your Sun- the ego in Libra. Libra are a sign that is ironically the most unbalanced and if you don't balance your mind out with the hidden emotions then you get problems with the health of the mind. But the Libra can help you "think" your emotions through! and because you have this pretty Gemini rising- talking to others about problems is very healthy.
Anyway if I had to say what the problem was- repression of emotions and of you true self that seeks balance. The kind of mood swings that cause stress and don't allow you to work (Saturn in the 1oth house).
Please tell me if any of this makes sense.
Lee

Yep, it all makes sense. I feel very misunderstood.

craft94

Have you ever been diagnosed with a mental illness? If not, what makes you think you have one?

It's complicated and I don't feel comfortable going into the details on an open forum like this.

My question was, based on my chart (specifically my 12th and 6th houses since those are the ones associated with mental illness), what mental illnesses would you guess I had?

waybread

With nothing to go on, I have to stress that I am not a qualified mental health professional. I have looked at a lot of charts of people diagnosed with mental illnesses, as these are indexed at the Astro-Data Bank.

My sense is that it's not as simple as looking at your 6th and 12th houses. The 6th deals with illness of all sorts in a generic way, not a particular mental health issue in particular.

For one thing, afflicted moons were common (though not universal) with the charts I looked at. I don't see your moon as hugely afflicted, with the oppositions from Venus-Jupiter. Maybe that wide Mars square moon: I would think this would incline you to sudden outbursts of anger, but a lot of people have this problem without being mentally ill. Since the moon is one indication of the mother in your chart and she's in the 12th house of hospitals and institutions, possibly you experienced your mother as a troubled soul who didn't give you a lot of positive support when you were growing up.

Mercury is more your thinking/communicating capacity, and some highly intelligent people can suffer from mental illness, so we have to be cautious. I would see your Mercury square Uranus-Neptune as inclining you to unrealistic (Neptune) thinking (Mercury.) With Uranus in the mix, you might feel you're getting incredible flashes of insight, but then these may dissipate or not be what you think, with Neptune involved.

I would also guess that, with your loaded 6th house, your health is very important to you. With cusp ruler Mars in the 3rd, I can see that your mental health might be of concern.

Since you haven't verified that you actually have been diagnosed with a mental illness (never mind which one in particular,) I'm a little reluctant to assume that you have one without such verification.

Frisiangal

It's complicated and I don't feel comfortable going into the details on an open forum like this.

My question was, based on my chart (specifically my 12th and 6th houses since those are the ones associated with mental illness), what mental illnesses would you guess I had?

How do you come by that the 6th and 12th houses are associated with mental illness?

Further to Waybread's comments, you have Gemini, an air (mentality) sign, on the Ascendant....equivalent to the physical constitution. You might say that your window to the outer world is experienced through your mental patterns.
As the ruler of Gemini, Mercury, is also in the second air sign, Libra, this could suggest that 'how you think of others'...or how you think they think of you...plays a very important role in the view you see through your window.
There's a Sun-Mercury conjunction. With an accurate birth time, Sun would be ruler of the 3rd house that is associated with how the immediate environment can effect one's thought processes and, consequently, mental patterns.
The Sun-Mercury squares the generational Uranus-Neptune in Capricorn. a generation born without the restriction and confinement of physical boundaries, that therefore allows and gives free range to all kinds of perceptions.....also mental....in a positive or negative sense. With a harsh aspect, one's thoughts could be as a balloon that gets 'carried away' on the wind, yet without a string that controls them from ground level (reality).
Sun Spirit and Mercury Mind can be weakened by the conjunction, that could suggest irrational thought based upon fantasy, yet just as easily be guided by it towards producing a spirit of mind that is way beyond the limits of today's reality.

The 3 Earth planets are in water houses, which are strongly associated with the forces of the imagination rather than physical practicality. Are things actually as they are perceived?A Moon-Jupiter might tend to exaggerate circumstances beyond their actual physical nature, especially when emotions are heightened by them. Moon-Jupiter can totally believe that what it feels is actually so.

A person may be mentally and/or emotionally disturbed (by its circumstances) at times, yet this does not mean they have a mental illness. Just that they come up against stronger forces that there may be a necessity for them to understand and then control....even if they cannot be fully rationalised.:smile:

muchacho

Based on my chart, what mental illnesses would you guess I might have? I know the 12th house and the 6th house are both related to mental illness and so, I'm curious.

I don't know if this post belongs here or medical astrology so feel free to move it if its in the wrong thread.
I don't think that one can see mental disorders in a chart. What one can see, however, is how people deal with stress. And With Mercury and Sun in an air sign, that indicates rationalizing feelings away. With Moon in the 12th in Taurus, this indicates that you keep it rather to yourself and retreat into silence.

Spiritlite

I see you have moon H12 and H12 is Gemini. I have those exact aspects too. I feel that with just those aspects we tend to think a lot and with those aspects we tend to have anxiety and nervousness.

muchacho

I see you have moon H12 and H12 is Gemini. I have those exact aspects too. I feel that with just those aspects we tend to think a lot and with those aspects we tend to have anxiety and nervousness.
It should definitely be something Moon and/or Mercury related. Moon is about our perception and cognition in general and Mercury about how those perceptions are translated into abstract ideas and concepts. Lunacy (Moon) and madness (Mercury) are ruled by those two planets.

GeminiFour

Can someone help me with my chart? For some reason my chart isn't even showing up.
I'm June 9th 1983, Delaware, United states, around 6pm.
I've had a lot of mental illness and I've done a lot of work, but I am still struggling. Wonder if being a super gemini si to blame?

waybread

It's best if we can see your chart. An easy way is to construct your chart on the free charts pages at Astrodienst www.astro.com . Their charts are the easiest to read. Click on it to save it to your computer. Then on your next post, follow the "go advanced" and "manage attachments" prompts. You should be able to upload it as a clickable thumbnail. I don't think you can do this from a smart phone, nor can you link us to your chart at Astrodienst. Others may have better ideas for you.

I don't think it's Gemini per se, but there are many kinds of mental health issues so one type of placement doesn't describe everyone. An afflicted moon shows up in many but not all charts.

Sweet Pea

Could it be telepathy/hearing voices, with Sun/Mercury square Neptune/Uranus in 8th house which has occult connotations. Maybe an inherited tendency? Flashes of 'knowing' and you don't know where they came from?

rahu

Banned
hi
just looking for mental problems without trying to analysize psychology of your chart as a whole, you have several syndromes.
mercury/sunoppoosed to Uranus/Neptune can give manic symptoms. Saturn/Uranus and satrun/Neptune midpoint square the north node can give depressions, so between the two you have manic/depressive syndrome or more politically correct bipolar syndrome. but it is a bit more complicated as Neptune/Saturn shows you have self destructive attitudes or behavior. this could translate into drug abuse or pathological lying. then sweet pea's view point is also valid. the mercury/Uranus/Neptune can give voices and vision/illusions. this aspect can give true psychic abilities and you are liley subject to astral/vivid dreams or out of the body experiences. some of your dreams could be prophetic but with low self esteem, it is difficult to distinguish between the prophetic and the crazy.
with venus conjunct the north node and the moon conjunct the south node, you may have trouble with sexual/emotional impulses. this pattern usually bring emotional and sexual energies toward you but with the moon on the dragonstail, you mother may have confused you emotional responses to love and sex early in your childhood.
with the sun/pluto midpoint conjunct the node and opposed to the moon it is more than likely that your issues stem from early sexual and likely physical abuse.
again ths is not an attempt to provide a analysis of an integrated personality, but to point out he type of mental problems that could evolve from you chart

rahu

waybread

But please realize that astrologers are not qualified to diagnose mental illness unless they happen to have psychiatry (MD) or licensed clinical psychology qualifications. Nobody gets to practice medicine without a license. Our interpretations are suggestive, not diagnostic.

craft94

I'm not looking for a literal diagnosis. I was just wondering what the chart said. But thanks everyone.

Anyway, I am mentally ill. That much is obvious, or so I'm told. But it seems like everytime I go to a new psychiatrist or therapist, they tell me different things. It's almost like...I fit the symptoms for every, well not literally every but most disorders but I don't fit all of the symptoms for any. I feel like I've been labelled (by a psychiatrist, not by anyone on this site) and that label doesn't really match up to my real issues or true personality. I don't know what's accurate. I'd rather talk about this in a private message, but people seem to be wondering why I asked and I doubt any of you know who I am anyway so who cares?

Anyway, I do not have drug problems and I am not a pathological liar. I know myself well so I'm not going to take an astrologer on the internets diagnosis too seriously haha.

The whole "you don't know how to distinguish between what's prophetic and what's crazy" thing is so true. I ask myself this question a lot: Am I psychic or am I just psychotic?

Last edited:

waybread

Are you psychic? Note that in many traditional shaman cultures, the shaman was both.

According to www.aliceportman.com a septile relationship between a planet and the vertex usually indicates psychic ability. To see if you've got this aspect, input the vertex, then scroll down the list of types of charts to the second one for harmonic charts (not the first one, which is for a lot of little harmonic charts.) Then locate today's date (Jan. 26 or whenever you do this) and substitute the number 7. When you pull up the 7th harmonic chart, see if you see any planets conjunct the vertex.

craft94

Are you psychic? Note that in many traditional shaman cultures, the shaman was both.

According to www.aliceportman.com a septile relationship between a planet and the vertex usually indicates psychic ability. To see if you've got this aspect, input the vertex, then scroll down the list of types of charts to the second one for harmonic charts (not the first one, which is for a lot of little harmonic charts.) Then locate today's date (Jan. 26 or whenever you do this) and substitute the number 7. When you pull up the 7th harmonic chart, see if you see any planets conjunct the vertex.
On astrodienst? And this is the Vertex of the harmonic chart, not my regular natal right? And assuming this is astrodienst, where do I substitute the 7? I'm confused

Last edited:

waybread

Your natal planetary & vertex relationships are the ones that matter, but unless you have software that will calculate septiles (360/7) for you, they're a little hard to just eyeball. (Aspects of 51, 103, and 154 degrees.) Although the harmonic chart moves things around compared to your basic natal chart, planets and angles that have a septile relationship show up as conjunctions. So I find it to be an easy way to spot them.