I think my Saturn Return wants me to run off and join a band...

heretolearn

So I'm currently in the midst of my Saturn Return. I think it started on or about the 30th of Oct and will be going til July of next year.

For whatever reason, I keep wanting to run off and join a band in much the same way that people supposedly ran off to the join the circus in years past.

So, why am I feeling this way? Any musical indicators? Any chance of success?

Chart attached. Looking forward to hearing your comments! :tongue:

Attachments

• astro_245gw_01_jt_2012119.74625.35491.jpg
    astro_245gw_01_jt_2012119.74625.35491.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 22

Queen of Wands

Congratulations ! What an important time for you.

Your ascendant in Pisces and Neptune is conjunct your MC. Those point toward musical inclinations. Sounds like going into music could definitely be a good life choice for you.

I am less willing to make hasty pronouncements on success, but there seem to be several good indicators there, as well. Jupiter, the ruler of your MC and ascendant, is strong in its own sign and on the cusp of the 9th house, which it is often associated with. On the other hand, Mars squares it, and although Mars is the weaker of the two planets, it could still indicate a certain hastiness or even recklessness in career choices, so make sure this is something you've thought through seriously before deciding to do it.

In addition, your North Node is in the 10th house. Sun in the 11th house points to a relative facility in networking, which is of such importance in this field. Its square with Saturn can help to give the perseverance to succeed.

heretolearn

Congratulations ! What an important time for you.
Haha, thanks. It definitely feels like I'm at a turning point for a number of reasons. Just a few weeks ago, things were rather different, as I was expressing to some other board members here in a different thread.
Your ascendant in Pisces and Neptune is conjunct your MC. Those point toward musical inclinations. Sounds like going into music could definitely be a good life choice for you.
:surprised: :love:
I am less willing to make hasty pronouncements on success, but there seem to be several good indicators there, as well. Jupiter, the ruler of your MC and ascendant, is strong in its own sign and on the cusp of the 9th house, which it is often associated with. On the other hand, Mars squares it, and although Mars is the weaker of the two planets, it could still indicate a certain hastiness or even recklessness in career choices, so make sure this is something you've thought through seriously before deciding to do it.
At this point, it seems like any deviation from the j.o.b. would indeed be a reckless career choice, but I just can't seem to shake this feeling. I was also told that my next upcoming transit is of Neptune. Could one possible effect of that be unrealistic dreams? Like being in a band?
In addition, your North Node is in the 10th house. Sun in the 11th house points to a relative facility in networking, which is of such importance in this field. Its square with Saturn can help to give the perseverance to succeed.
So does that mean that people will actually like me? Like in the Sally Field sort of way? Or just that I know how to work the machine?

Thanks for your reply, QoW!

kimbermoon

If I might suggest, your yearnings may be somewhat misguided at this time due to other important transiting influences accompanying your Saturn Return. Remember that Saturn is about caution and restraint, often bringing delays and disappointments, when we don't heed the practical concerns in life.Consider that natally, Saturn squared your Sun and this too is being activated by the Return of Saturn. That aspect relates to identity issues and contentions with authorities and/or the father. Personally I don't see a lot of connections with musical success to support the concept of running off with a band: I think it is actually 'the running away' that is the primary issue. The question then is 'what are you trying to run away from, rather than running towards a potentially unrealistic pursuit. Consider also that Uranus has entered Aries recently, indicating a greater tendency towards aggression and the need to be in control, which does fuel energies of restlessness, often though in reality, it is bound to create recklessness. Uranus is about the urge for freedom and independence. These times are very unstable globally and as we approach a new era of awareness and understanding, being totally independent will not necessarily be a good thing. Instead there is indeed this urging to come together in groups in the spirit of generosity and co-operation, as we already see our resources diminishing with food shortages, unemployment, political tyranny and global meltdowns. This will in fact be the New Reality. Now here is the thing: Uranus in it's positive expression is indeed about working with groups and organizations: it can denote a strong interest in humanitarian issues and working for the good of all. It also symbolizes the Higher Intellect, that once connected with, can increase one's awareness and understanding about the purposes and meanings of life. We find Uranus natally in the 9th house, which is also about higher awareness and journeys of the mind. This house represents the difference between working through the lower intellect [instinct and habits] as opposed to the Higher Intellect that can provide breakthroughs in consciousness. I do believe that this is more along the lings of what your purpose and mission in life is all about. As we see, your Sun is also in Aquarius [which Uranus rules] and is found in the 11th house of 'shared interests and group affiliations'. Also Mercury in Capricorn can also be rebellious about the 'system' and prone to fighting against the establishment. Further we see that Saturn is going to transit your 8th house, which also has more to do with psychological issues and critical self-development. For you this house is ruled by the sign of Scorpio, which can also relate to psychic or mystical interests and development. I would err on the side of caution in consideration of these influences, before you go running off to join a band at this time. Mars is also re-initiating it's own cycle, and this is not the best time for making rash or impractical decisions. Of course there are many other aspects to consider and analyze in the chart. Good Luck.

heretolearn

If I might suggest, your yearnings may be somewhat misguided at this time due to other important transiting influences accompanying your Saturn Return. Remember that Saturn is about caution and restraint, often bringing delays and disappointments, when we don't heed the practical concerns in life.Consider that natally, Saturn squared your Sun and this too is being activated by the Return of Saturn. That aspect relates to identity issues and contentions with authorities and/or the father. Personally I don't see a lot of connections with musical success to support the concept of running off with a band: I think it is actually 'the running away' that is the primary issue. The question then is 'what are you trying to run away from, rather than running towards a potentially unrealistic pursuit. Consider also that Uranus has entered Aries recently, indicating a greater tendency towards aggression and the need to be in control, which does fuel energies of restlessness, often though in reality, it is bound to create recklessness. Uranus is about the urge for freedom and independence. These times are very unstable globally and as we approach a new era of awareness and understanding, being totally independent will not necessarily be a good thing. Instead there is indeed this urging to come together in groups in the spirit of generosity and co-operation, as we already see our resources diminishing with food shortages, unemployment, political tyranny and global meltdowns. This will in fact be the New Reality. Now here is the thing: Uranus in it's positive expression is indeed about working with groups and organizations: it can denote a strong interest in humanitarian issues and working for the good of all. It also symbolizes the Higher Intellect, that once connected with, can increase one's awareness and understanding about the purposes and meanings of life. We find Uranus natally in the 9th house, which is also about higher awareness and journeys of the mind. This house represents the difference between working through the lower intellect [instinct and habits] as opposed to the Higher Intellect that can provide breakthroughs in consciousness. I do believe that this is more along the lings of what your purpose and mission in life is all about. As we see, your Sun is also in Aquarius [which Uranus rules] and is found in the 11th house of 'shared interests and group affiliations'. Also Mercury in Capricorn can also be rebellious about the 'system' and prone to fighting against the establishment. Further we see that Saturn is going to transit your 8th house, which also has more to do with psychological issues and critical self-development. For you this house is ruled by the sign of Scorpio, which can also relate to psychic or mystical interests and development. I would err on the side of caution in consideration of these influences, before you go running off to join a band at this time. Mars is also re-initiating it's own cycle, and this is not the best time for making rash or impractical decisions. Of course there are many other aspects to consider and analyze in the chart. Good Luck.
Thanks for your reply, kimbermoon. Always nice to have a tempering perspective. I'm pretty practical, so any actual "running away" would probably signal some kind of psychotic break on my part, were it to happen. Too bad you don't see a lot of connections to musical success, though I suppose it should be some sort of indicator in the negative since I haven't dreamt up (literal use of the term here) anything. What about writing? Actual dreams there. Although with Mercury in Cappy, perhaps all my writing will be practical stuff?
My actual job is in academia, and I currently do work in a large institution (university) involved in an intellectual movement that does have some rather humanitarian elements at the root.
Still... Neptune calls. *Insert non-existent wistful emoticon.*