venus return

hyphen

Banned
Hello here! :biggrin:
yesterday I had my venus return for this year (and today its my solar return-birthday too). How can I interpret a venus return? should I look only at venus and the house/aspects of venus? Also in this venus return I have a libra ascendant.. does this shows more importance in venus issues this year? actually lately people tell me that I've become more beautiful..
these are my venus return and natal.. please take a look :wink:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_166_venus_return.28996.13517.jpg
    astro_2gw_166_venus_return.28996.13517.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 27
  • astro_2gw_01_michelle.28845.9308.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_michelle.28845.9308.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 26

Culpeper

Premium Member
In the Venus return chart, both Venus and Sun have moved into more favorable houses. As you wrote Venus rules the ascendant. There is a strong Jupiter in the first house with trine aspect to Venus. Jupiter also has a favorable aspect to Saturn. Saturn rules the ascendant of your natal chart, and will rule the profection chart beginning with your birthday. It looks like a pleasant and prosperous year ahead. You could use this chart in place of the solar return chart.

hyphen

Banned
In the Venus return chart, both Venus and Sun have moved into more favorable houses. As you wrote Venus rules the ascendant. There is a strong Jupiter in the first house with trine aspect to Venus. Jupiter also has a favorable aspect to Saturn. Saturn rules the ascendant of your natal chart, and will rule the profection chart beginning with your birthday. It looks like a pleasant and prosperous year ahead. You could use this chart in place of the solar return chart.
Oh its so strong its influence that I could use this instead of solar return?? Thank you dear!! :) Does this chart also shows anything about my love life next year?

jkxx74

Premium Member
hyphen,

I think Culpepper answered the Venus return question well so instead I'll ask for a Solar return and natal chart if you are ok with posting them. I could give you some answers to your relationships questions from those.

Edit: here's the interpretation so far.

Looks like it's a good time to ask about this! Since your natal chart has nearly the same angles and vertex as mine I'll just use the things I look for when doing my own chart with yours.

And good news because you are getting some interesting configurations over the next 6 weeks or so. Two easy alignments to look for are progressed Moon to Venus aspects and Jupiter-Saturn concurrent aspects to Venus. As it happens you have both of those coming up, lining up most strongly in in the last two weeks of August through the first week of September. While only Jupiter makes a major aspect Saturn is still present as well.

Over the next month your Moon-Venus square kicks in at degrees 22-23 of Cancer-Libra with Saturn inconjunct progressed Venus while Jupiter squares it. At the same time Neptune is sextile your Ascendant and trine the Descendant so you will be more alert to any potential interests. Should you run into someone, this person is likely to be different from whoever you imagine you'd like to end up with - I am not sure in what way but there is some ambivalence about this attraction.

There are some other indications in your chart such as your Sun-Chiron progressed conjunction in 28 Leo. I have to warn you about the upcoming solar eclipse on August 21st as that is in 29 Leo and is just 1 degree away from these planets. Please stay safe and avoid anything dangerous or questionable at this time. If you are normally around fire or anything burning, try to stay away from that on the 21st.

I have to actually go out to do something but can add more later if you find this useful.

Last edited:

hyphen

Banned
hyphen,

I think Culpepper answered the Venus return question well so instead I'll ask for a Solar return and natal chart if you are ok with posting them. I could give you some answers to your relationships questions from those.

Edit: here's the interpretation so far.

Looks like it's a good time to ask about this! Since your natal chart has nearly the same angles and vertex as mine I'll just use the things I look for when doing my own chart with yours.

And good news because you are getting some interesting configurations over the next 6 weeks or so. Two easy alignments to look for are progressed Moon to Venus aspects and Jupiter-Saturn concurrent aspects to Venus. As it happens you have both of those coming up, lining up most strongly in in the last two weeks of August through the first week of September. While only Jupiter makes a major aspect Saturn is still present as well.

Over the next month your Moon-Venus square kicks in at degrees 22-23 of Cancer-Libra with Saturn inconjunct progressed Venus while Jupiter squares it. At the same time Neptune is sextile your Ascendant and trine the Descendant so you will be more alert to any potential interests. Should you run into someone, this person is likely to be different from whoever you imagine you'd like to end up with - I am not sure in what way but there is some ambivalence about this attraction.

There are some other indications in your chart such as your Sun-Chiron progressed conjunction in 28 Leo. I have to warn you about the upcoming solar eclipse on August 21st as that is in 29 Leo and is just 1 degree away from these planets. Please stay safe and avoid anything dangerous or questionable at this time. If you are normally around fire or anything burning, try to stay away from that on the 21st.

I have to actually go out to do something but can add more later if you find this useful.
thank you friend!! :biggrin: that was really helpful! actually today starts my new lunar return with lunar return moon in 5th house and lunar return ascendant in natal 7th house. haha so yeah there are many indications that I'll be focused more on romance this month.
As for eclipse... oh god I'm really worried about this. I'll try to avoid anything dangerous these days..
I'll post my solar here so if you could, please take a look! My natal venus is conjunct the solar venus and vertex! But its in 8th house.

Attachments

• solar astro_32gw_01_michelle_201782.30229.3277.jpg
    solar astro_32gw_01_michelle_201782.30229.3277.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 18

katydid

Culpepper covered the Venus Return pretty well so I will just add that Venus rules your natal 4th and 9th, so the Venus Return kind of reboots those houses for you.

Taurus ruling 4th, IC, so you may have a renewal emotionally. You may change some of your long held beliefs and become more open to change and emotional growth, beyond what you were taught by your family.

You may reevaluate where you want to live and settle down and may perhaps move house. :innocent:

Venus rules your natal 9th, and it is placed in your SR 9th. So you may travel or even move out of the country. Or perhaps date someone from another country/culture? :love:

hyphen

Banned
Culpepper covered the Venus Return pretty well so I will just add that Venus rules your natal 4th and 9th, so the Venus Return kind of reboots those houses for you.

Taurus ruling 4th, IC, so you may have a renewal emotionally. You may change some of your long held beliefs and become more open to change and emotional growth, beyond what you were taught by your family.

You may reevaluate where you want to live and settle down and may perhaps move house. :innocent:

Venus rules your natal 9th, and it is placed in your SR 9th. So you may travel or even move out of the country. Or perhaps date someone from another country/culture? :love:
thank you dear! :joyful: well I dont plan moving house but maybe I make money from house (renting/selling my house). I dont know if that'd be the case though..
as for 9th house.. well I have some traveling in mind and maybe in another country :smile: so you think I have chances for romance there? :love:
9th house rules also higher education right? well I'm not a university student but I have still interactions with university students and I participate in some of their activities.. so could venus in 9th house show something involving higher educations?

jkxx74

Premium Member
hyphen,

interesting coincidence because my own SR for this year has the same placement (Venus in the 9th conjunct its natal position exactly and you even get the Moon-Jupiter aspecting Pluto too) and on requesting a reading I received the same suggestions katydid just gave you. So have to back those up since it's the second time I'm seeing them :)

I am curious about the Venus-Uranus sextile in your SR though straddling H6-H8. Maybe some unusual circumstances will surround this event if you do end up meeting someone.

It does seem to have something to do with higher education although it might not play out in the literal sense with going to university. For me Venus has been in the 9th for two years in a row and it has been the two years when I've started studying astrology (something I love to work with) much more - along with new and unfamiliar techniques and authors to get some different angles on it so that would be the 9th house side of it.

katydid,

thank you for that interpretation and for confirming what was written in the SR report I had done earlier this year. And one question - how would this placement be interpreted (SR Venus in 9th) if one is not living in their native country? It would still just fit people that satisfy the 9th house definition for that person?

katydid

I think the Venus in the 9th placement is about 'expanding one's horizons.'

So if you have already done so, and are living in another country already, it is still about that expansion , even from your new expanded place...:sideways:

Maybe it is about higher education, teaching, publishing, traveling, learning new languages, new religions and spiritual practices, sports/ athletics, the urge for change, and a zest for joy and life...:innocent:

jkxx74

Premium Member
katydid,

thank you for this too. With apologies to all for hijacking the thread, my natal Pluto in the 9th interpretation says

"The first part of your healing method is simple to say, but absolutely
essential to the recovery of your high destiny. You must physically
leave the land of your birth. This leaving is not necessarily permanent, although it often is. Nor
does it necessitate crossing international boundaries; cultural lines
count for more here than political ones. If you're a native Californian
moving to New Hampshire might do it. "
(Steven Forrest)

Which happened long ago although the expansion definition you gave makes a lot of sense given what I've been up to the past two years. Learning new languages might be a bit too challenging for me though :)

hyphen

Banned
thank you both for your answers :biggrin: so it will be about expanding my horizons.. I'm actually thinking about learning a new language :smile:

jkxx74, what do you mean with that:
I am curious about the Venus-Uranus sextile in your SR though straddling H6-H8. Maybe some unusual circumstances will surround this event if you do end up meeting someone.
h6 with h8? does that mean that maybe the potential love interest is a coworker? (6th house)

jkxx74

Premium Member
Well, California and New Hampshire speak a different language, so there's that,,,lol
lol.. I suppose so though have only been to one of the two

Yup :) but with the caveat that expanding horizons can mean a bunch of different things since expansion is about more of everything. The only clue is that the 9th house is ruled by Jupiter which always has something to do with patterns and meaning - so a more distant interpretation would be refinement of values toward/through meaningful experiences. The language possibility does fit your Venus in Gem well. If I may ask, which language are you considering? I couldn't imagine learning a 3rd myself though I guess astrology counts as a language.

On the second point, it is actually H9 and H7 with my mistake the first time around - so Uranus in the 7th and in Aries can suggest that something develops suddenly (if you are not in a relationship one starts or if you are it ends, abruptly) and more generally surprises in relationships, contracts, and partners. But the sextile to Venus means you have some room to reconcile any potential problems with such people as Venus will think out of the box (and Uranus represents such thinking anyway.) So a few things going on there.

*Just saw Jupiter on the Asc there - with the Asc ruled by Venus in Jupiter's house and Jupiter in Venus' sign things look rather good in this chart :)

Workwise, you have Chiron falling in the sixth so it actually points to some problems happening within the workplace (you won't get fired or anything like that) so keep an eye out for those.

hyphen

Banned
lol.. I suppose so though have only been to one of the two

Yup :) but with the caveat that expanding horizons can mean a bunch of different things since expansion is about more of everything. The only clue is that the 9th house is ruled by Jupiter which always has something to do with patterns and meaning - so a more distant interpretation would be refinement of values toward/through meaningful experiences. The language possibility does fit your Venus in Gem well. If I may ask, which language are you considering? I couldn't imagine learning a 3rd myself though I guess astrology counts as a language.

On the second point, it is actually H9 and H7 with my mistake the first time around - so Uranus in the 7th and in Aries can suggest that something develops suddenly (if you are not in a relationship one starts or if you are it ends, abruptly) and more generally surprises in relationships, contracts, and partners. But the sextile to Venus means you have some room to reconcile any potential problems with such people as Venus will think out of the box (and Uranus represents such thinking anyway.) So a few things going on there.

*Just saw Jupiter on the Asc there - with the Asc ruled by Venus in Jupiter's house and Jupiter in Venus' sign things look rather good in this chart :)

Workwise, you have Chiron falling in the sixth so it actually points to some problems happening within the workplace (you won't get fired or anything like that) so keep an eye out for those.
thank you so much my friend :biggrin: well I had many problems with work the last 4-5 months so yeap you found out!!
As for language I'm thinking of learning italian and spanish :biggrin:
I'm quite extited with the venus-uranus and all this jupiterian energy haha some sudden events or surprises are always there for me (but I think all my life is like this.. with really sudden changes for good or for bad.. I guess this happens because my chart ruler is in Aquarius and I'm a bit uranian haha)
May I ask you something more? I noticed that my solar mars is conjuncting sun.. does this suggests physical exercise? I used to exercise a lot during the previous summer (mars jupiter transit) but I stopped. I started exercise again now and I want to do it everyday (Sometimes I suffer from pains though because I strech too much I guess hehe)
I want to improve my curves so does jupiter in the first house of venus return helps with that? :tongue: I've always been a little chubby since childhood. Now I'm normal but with wide hips (jupiter- ascendant square natally makes me loveee food) so I want my body to become more toned..

jkxx74

Premium Member
:)
You can talk about the work stuff if you want. Lovely picks for the languages - I have family who speaks Italian (will get to see them in about a month) and it always sounds really nice listening to them.

Uranus in the 1st opposite Mercury will definitely make things buzzlike and exciting around you and I'm thinking the rest is the Saturn-Pluto square. Pluto in square always likes to throw you curve balls whenever you have things stable and tuned in.

Yep, it does suggest exercise as one possible outlet for the strong energy with the conjunction falling in the 1st house but more so the sun in the chart is always "becoming" something so with this placement you are becoming more martial - people will get the feeling you are not to be messed with this year - plus with it being in Leo you'll make an impression just by being present, which is good indeed.

Jupiter is sporty so not surprised you felt like pouring energy out with exercise. I'm thinking too the Mars-Sun in the SR will make you just feel good about being yourself regardless which should help with staying motivated if you decide to go for an exercuse routine. It is more even more general than that though so you'll just as easily be able to work on the language learning or anything else you want to "do" at this time.

To give you a counter example, I don't normally exercise much although I can't sit around either (Mercury-Asc.) During my Jupiter-prog Mars transit a few months back I had to walk some 8+ km a day just to work off the energy of that. Like you I also suffer from pain most of the time so that was actually pretty painful for me.. another transit I've been having is Pluto sextile Mars which can also be considered an exercise promoter except it has worked in other ways for me - where two friends of mine were both affected more literally by their Pluto trine and square to Mars - one has gone back to the gym on a daily basis, the other picked up running and kick boxing.

I think here the Sun-Mars will help you the most since it translates motivation into action, while Jupiter keeps you feeling good about doing it all. It might even make you feel you're just fine already which would be best, and then you can go through with the exercise as a "want to" deal.

hyphen

Banned
:)
You can talk about the work stuff if you want. Lovely picks for the languages - I have family who speaks Italian (will get to see them in about a month) and it always sounds really nice listening to them.

Uranus in the 1st opposite Mercury will definitely make things buzzlike and exciting around you and I'm thinking the rest is the Saturn-Pluto square. Pluto in square always likes to throw you curve balls whenever you have things stable and tuned in.

Yep, it does suggest exercise as one possible outlet for the strong energy with the conjunction falling in the 1st house but more so the sun in the chart is always "becoming" something so with this placement you are becoming more martial - people will get the feeling you are not to be messed with this year - plus with it being in Leo you'll make an impression just by being present, which is good indeed.

Jupiter is sporty so not surprised you felt like pouring energy out with exercise. I'm thinking too the Mars-Sun in the SR will make you just feel good about being yourself regardless which should help with staying motivated if you decide to go for an exercuse routine. It is more even more general than that though so you'll just as easily be able to work on the language learning or anything else you want to "do" at this time.

To give you a counter example, I don't normally exercise much although I can't sit around either (Mercury-Asc.) During my Jupiter-prog Mars transit a few months back I had to walk some 8+ km a day just to work off the energy of that. Like you I also suffer from pain most of the time so that was actually pretty painful for me.. another transit I've been having is Pluto sextile Mars which can also be considered an exercise promoter except it has worked in other ways for me - where two friends of mine were both affected more literally by their Pluto trine and square to Mars - one has gone back to the gym on a daily basis, the other picked up running and kick boxing.

I think here the Sun-Mars will help you the most since it translates motivation into action, while Jupiter keeps you feeling good about doing it all. It might even make you feel you're just fine already which would be best, and then you can go through with the exercise as a "want to" deal.
oh god youu are sooo good at this!!:kissing: actually my life is always turning upside down every time I feel like I can relax. :(
the problems I had with work were quite chironic! I felt really bad when I started the job because I thought I wasn't suitable for this!! I had to double check everything. I had so much stress and my co-worker really disliked me. (I even had a sun-chiron conjunction with her)
But the good thing was that my job had to do with children and I really received much love from them :love: And I needed this affection because chiron's pain was unbearable for me since I lost my father half a year ago..

you have family who speaks italian!! you re lucky!! I love this language :love: I love listening to italian songs! do you speak italian too?

Thank you so much for the sun-mars interpretation :joyful: I like this "dont mess with me" feeling hahaha Actually I can feel it these days when I go out :cool: haha I know what you mean with the mars- jupiter progression hehe I used to exercise a loooot back then (3-4 hours every day) and all that started after a really bad solar eclipse that affected me with a great heartbreak that ruined my confidence. I started doing workouts like maniac. I lost pounds, my body became more toned and I really felt good (and sexy.. daaamn lilith in aries haha)

can I ask you a favor dear? if you have time and want to, could you take a look at the solar of a friend of mine? sorry for asking that in this thread but you re really good at this and I want to especially take a look at the solar pluto in her 9th house. She plans a journey in asia later this year and she will go alone in a country that its a bit difficult to communicate and she doesnt know the language (japan).. so she asked me to look at this but I'm a bit worried.. here is her natal with solar for this year (actually she will have this journey in winter.. and she was born in march.. should I sent you the solar of next year?)

EDIT: she will go in december

Attachments

• astro_31gw_04_seva_201785.69336.31383.jpg
    astro_31gw_04_seva_201785.69336.31383.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

jkxx74

Premium Member
I am really sorry you went through losing your father - that is a really tough one and takes a long time to bounce back from once it happens. (there is no hug smiley but imagine I put one in right here..)

There are some things in your chart that do point to things getting rough at times but to this I wanted to add that you get better at tolerating it the more it happens - not that it makes it any less unpleasant. The Sun-Chiron at work sounds hard core. I can only imagine what that would have been like. Working with children fits perfectly for a Leo though :) and I'm glad that helped you during the hard times.

Yup, I love hearing it too and the songs especially have lots of passion in them - same for the Spanish music I've heard. I wish I did speak Italian, but no, only Bulgarian and then English for now. Computer languages don't count lol.

You might get better interpretations on Sun-Mars but it sounded like it would do more or less that based on reading I did on it just the other day. Sounds like Jupiter had an even better effect on you with getting you to keep it up that long on a daily basis. My Mars placement is pretty sucky so even with good planets it takes a lot before I actually "do" anything - or at least it always seems like it. Was this the March 16th 2015 eclipse? I had some crazy stuff happen around that time too.. Well, you recovered remarkably well after all those shocks so hopefully with things quieting down you'll get to see some happier times going forward.

Lilith in Aries? Do say more, it's one of my natal placements as well. You seem to be really well versed in astro by the way. If you want to go into it I'd love to hear about how you started learning it.

Your friend's SR chart: One important thing with the trip is whether it's happening before your friend's birthday next year or after. If before then it's this year's SR chart that describes it, if not then it's next year's. I would definitely be careful if it's this year's because the 9th house Pluto can describe life-changing events involving a foreign culture and in some way that is overwhelmingly powerful and maybe disturbing if there are hard aspects to Pluto. However it can also mean she is obsessed with the trip at present for reasons unknown. Japanese is really a rather hard language to learn - only managed to ever get one of the alphabets down here. So yes winter means this year's chart... with the 9th house Pluto.

Ah and since you clarified that is definitely the reading of that placement - SR Pluto also falls in the natal 7th house so dramatic changes through and involving personal relationships are possible but so are contacts with rather powerful people. This same theme is echoed by transit Pluto square her natal Venus which I have a feeling I've written to her about in the recent past. Either way things look to be rather complicated relationship-wise at the moment and it might even be that this is what's driving her to travel abroad.

There are some other themes shown too like SR Saturn in the 8th (6th natal) sextile natal Saturn in the 8th (11th) which also has some connotations similar to Pluto in 7 and Pluto-Venus. You may be in for a shocker if you start questioning her about about relationships in the past half year. If anything it's the SR Saturn in the 8th that would make me recommend against the trip until after next March.

hyphen

Banned
you are so sweet dear <3 thank you very much!! *hugs* :love:
There are some things in your chart that do point to things getting rough at times but to this I wanted to add that you get better at tolerating it the more it happens - not that it makes it any less unpleasant.

what you think are the things that makes my life rough at times? I guess that saturn- pluto square and saturn- chiron opposition..
I'm also going through some difficult progressions and especially I can feel that chiron pain. Chiron begged for his death because he couldnt stand the pain. So for me this progressed sun-chiron conjunction was the hardest of my life. (and the previous solar).

anyway, you can try and learn new language. since you have that ascendant-mercury conjunction it must be easy for you and you can be fluent in no time :wink:
May I ask at which sign is your mars? I used to hate my virgo mars until someone told me I had a strong mars because it is positioned in 8th house (and traditionally mars was ruler of scorpio). But I guess sometimes it's too strong for me to bear with it hehe
And yes it was that eclipse and always the solar eclipses affect me in some way I think because I'm a leo.

well the lilith in aries has that aggressive strong libido..:wink: I think physical exercise is the best outlet for its energy. no wonder that Madonna and bruce lee had this placement (and they were maniac with building their bodies!!) I recommend you start workout if you have the time :wink: for me worked and really makes me feel good. I dont intent to be a bodybuilder haha but it really "feeds" my lilith's needs! I feel more sexy aand good about myself.
But beside that I have also an exact eros-sun opposition. Eros is soooo egoistical. Eros is turned on only when he feels others are attracted to him. So working out has helped me also with eros selfish disgusting hunger for "love".

Back to my friends chart: I'm afraid of pluto in this solar too. I've told her all the things you pointed out but unfortunately she already made the reservation and wants soo bad to go there. you found out.. she is OBSESSED with this trip. What should I said to her to be wary of?? I think it's dangerous and I think she will be disappointed with this trip :unsure:

jkxx74

Premium Member
You are sharp and yes those are the two I was thinking of when looking at the chart after you mentioned going through rough times just when you think you have everything going well. I have the sun in Saturn's sign square Pluto in its own sign and have experienced that kind of stuff throughout my life - partially what led me to learn about both of these planets and that they both push hard in different directions. As for the Saturn-Chiron, yes, and this has come up as a theme for me in synastries and composites - have been studying it lately to better understand it. This one is a difficult collective (societal) pattern even if it doesn't link up with personals/angles in one's own chart.

Yes, in the myth Zeus had to grant Chiron mortality to release him from the pain and that says something about what those transits are like.. it could take a long time to come to a place of peace with this kind of transit but I'm hoping you'll start feeling some relief as the prog. Sun moves past the exact conjunction with Chiron even though the mourning will still be there. I have an applying Sun square Chiron this year into next so wondering what will happen.

I'll take your positive attitude with the language-learning :) - truth is the second major I learned happened during difficult circumstances and that has put me off from learning any new ones becomes of the memories associated with that (Chiron in Gemini..) but maybe trying to learn a new one is the way to make progress there. You can look at my chart - https://ibb.co/dx5epv - and Mars is in Pisces so not particularly active especially next to Venus which is the stronger of the two. Although I suppose it can get fired up in certain cases. Yours is a good placement - Mars in the 8th is "the crusader" where once it gets going it there is no stopping it - not to mention being placed in Virgo which is an earth sign so it's really good at practical work and just getting things done in general. The thinking on solar eclipses makes sense because of the sun being your solar ruler so they would affect you more directly than other sun signs.

I get the idea with these two as examples :) - it is true too, I did a hike earlier today and it felt great climbing the hills for a few hours. Will try to do another one next week to keep it up. And I like the reasoning since, why not. You seem to be more familiar with asteroids and I get what you're describing with the sun in Leo but then that is the archetype of the divine child so I think Leos can get away with being special because they are, in a particularly solar way. Or in other words, you can go about knowing you are even if no one is validating it at any particular point in time. [Btw that last part you described might be the Saturn-Chiron too just because of the example you used.]

The thing that scares me with your friend is Pluto square Venus - and in particular the Hades-Persephone myth story which makes me think she could really get abused badly over there. Of course the same could happen at home if she gets involved with a foreigner at this time but it is far more likely if she undertakes the trip. It would be a transforming experience for sure but I'm just not sure what you can tell her to dissuade her. The best is to try and figure out where the obsession comes from (has she been secretly talking to someone who lives there and is having some dreams about meeting that person? - also in line with Pluto in a way there) and then work backwards from there.