Signs for nations and countries

CapAquaPis

Like I said on an earlier post somewhere in this forum, signs can rule whole nations and peoples. Each one is ruled by a particular sign and astrological influences can determine the fate of them. The United States of America or USA, for example, is treated as a Gemini country, despite it's foundation was on July 4, 1776 under the solar sign Cancer and lunar sign Aquarius (full moon?), thus the USA will have some Cancerian and Aquarian traits in its prominent Gemini character.

I can give out 12 examples to start the topic, anyone else can post other countries and what their signs are.

Aries - Iran, Taurus - Turkey, Gemini - the USA, Cancer - Scotland,
Leo - Spain, Virgo - Germany, Libra - China, Scorpio - Mexico,
Sagittarius - Chile, Capricorn - Israel, Aquarius - Australia, Pisces - Japan.

The countries would have partial sun sign and lunar signs based on when (by date) their foundations were. Some are ancient and it's hard to find a precise date when they were originally established. You can mention states/provinces or towns/cities' signs as well, because it also goes to direct geographical locations.

Marinka

Might I suggest that you purchase the book by Nicholas Campion titled "The Book of World Horoscopes". I think this would provide the information that you are looking for.

athenian200

But the US has a Sagittarius rising. How is it Gemini?

You're not seriously talking about assigning a nation a sign based on what it "feels" like, are you?

CapAquaPis

But the US has a Sagittarius rising. How is it Gemini?

You're not seriously talking about assigning a nation a sign based on what it "feels" like, are you?

I don't have the answers, the info. I posted in the first post cames from a number of sources like websites and books on mundane astrology. The USA's foundation chart has two major factors: Aquarius' ruler planet Uranus...in Gemini since the Moon was in Aquarius on July 4, 1776 and Pluto sits right next to the Moon, itself rules Cancer the sun sign. The declaration of independence was thought to been signed between 2-4pm on July 4, 1776, when Sagittarius ascendant and Gemini descendant while Uranus sets, the Sun in 8th house and the Moon hasn't risen yet.

CapAquaPis

But, dude, Japan is an Aquarius Sun with Capricorn rising, or it could be the other way around.

According to Japanese history, their nation was founded in 660BC when the procession of zodiac signs was different, could be an Aries Sun and Pisces rising now shifted to where it is now. Japan's maritime history and affinity to fishing gravitates towards Pisces, and so does other nations with history in the world's seas: Greece and Portugal. Nations with Aries characteristics value strong militaries and national defense, which WW2-era Japan qualifies, and this goes to the USA with its Sagittarius rising.

ALRESCHA

Hmm, Japanese historians and the people don't necessarily think of the Yamato state as of early/ancient Japan (personal experience).

I do consider the ancients Japanese, but, they had several other history periods and the artifacts found testify of an advanced civilization way ahead of its time at around 14 000 BC.

According to Kojiki, there are three stages in ancient history, the Origins, the legendary emperors period (600 BC to 310 AD) and the early state formation period that ended with the passing of the empress Suiko (313-628).

What you are referring to is the emperor Tenmu's time, as he was the first to to be assigned the title of tenno contemporaneously.

I don't have my Nihongi on me right now, but, I'll research more using its calendar next week.

I know it's Aqu Sun with Cap rising, I'll find the chart.

Until I do, here is a paragraph from Kojiki

Then came the time of the rule of the emperor who claimed rulership over the land of eight great islands in the great court Kiyomihara in the place of Asuka. He was still only a hidden dragon, and he already had ruler's virtue, and the frequent thunder came at its appointed moment. Interpreting the songs he heard in his dreams he came to realize that he will inherit the throne, and after he came to the water at night he learned that he will claim the empire. But, the God's time wasn't yet, thus he took his robes off in the Southern mountains, like a cicada does his skin and only after the people and the matters were in his favour, like a tiger he moved up to the Eastern lands. Suddenly, the imperial palanquin moved forcefully over the mountains and rivers and six armies rolled like a thunder and three armies swooped down like lightnings. The battle spears revealed their force and brave warriors arose like smoke, the weapons glistened under the red flags and the rebellious soldiers fell down like tiles. Not twelve days later (means short time), the evil spirits came clean by themselves. Then the warriors let their cattle loose and gave their horses repose, and peacefully and joyfully they then returned to the capital, folded their flags, put their spears away and remained in the city, dancing and singing. During the second month of the year, when Jupiter aligned with the Pleiades, he ascended to the imperial throne at the great palace of Kiyomihara.

Please use this chart until I find the other one:

JUPITERASC

According to PAULUS ALEXANDRINUS an astrological author from the late Roman Empire
- extant work, Eisagogika, or Introductory Matters (or Introduction),
written in 378 AD
is a treatment of major topics in astrology as practiced in the fourth century Roman Empire https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulus_Alexandrinus
AND OLYMPIODORUS https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympiodorus

The Zoida resonate with the following images :smile:

Aries with Persia
Taurus with Babylon
Gemini with Cappadocia
Cancer with Armenia
Leo with Asia
Virgo with Greece
Libra with Libya
Scorpio with Italy
Sagittarius with Crete
Capricorn with Syria
Aquarius with Egypt
Pisces with the region of India

ALRESCHA

According to Japanese history, their nation was founded in 660BC when the procession of zodiac signs was different, could be an Aries Sun and Pisces rising now shifted to where it is now. Japan's maritime history and affinity to fishing gravitates towards Pisces, and so does other nations with history in the world's seas: Greece and Portugal. Nations with Aries characteristics value strong militaries and national defense, which WW2-era Japan qualifies, and this goes to the USA with its Sagittarius rising.

I forgot to write about the emperor who is considered the original monarch, Jinmu and the year 660 BC.

But first, affinity to fishing for food should place Pisces in the 2nd house somehow :) (please don't take this the wrong way, I am simply passionate about Japan, I am not being critical of you, but of your post!) :biggrin:

I can't get the book where the chart is for another couple of days or so, but I have to address this now. :biggrin:

Placing Cap in the first makes perfect sense. They think like Caps, because their papa is China. :biggrin: Their value system is specific, it is based upon Chinese Confucianist thought, so it shaped them as a society and all their matters too.

According to their authentic animistic Shinto tradition they believe that the monarchs and every family can be traced back to a divine spirit that dwells in anything extraordinary found in nature. They live in harmony with the nature and the whole concept of purity in Shinto is shaped around water (2nd-8th), however, the majority of them are Buddhists like no other nation (3rd-9th axis) They value hard work and superb organisation. I could write about the language, but it's gonna be boring :D But I'll say that it is so old and simplistic, if you analyse it, it is much like the original languages, so Pisces def belongs in the 3rd.

They are a nation that has had a terribly long period of domestic wars. There are legends of ancient monarchs invading one of the ancient Korean kingdoms, but they never attacked others in ancient history, so Aries in the 4th fits.

I am sorry, I do not mean to offend them, and I love them as much as one possibly can, they are the gems of this world, but they lack creativity. The only thing they have ever invented is origami, but they are **** good at perfecting things. Nobody can top them.

4th, 8th and 12th are all fire signs. Being arrogant is so not their thing that they still bow. They value collectivity, not individuality.

Pisces Sun has nothing to do with Japan. Nor does Aries rising, sorry. Those people value peace more than anything in this world. Samurai were the intellectual elite whose prime purpose was to protect what belonged to their masters and establish law and order. Their culture is a unique blend of modern and traditional values, that is what it has always been.

As for the original monarch and the establishment of the nation, I was free to use the location of today's Usa, although there is no concrete evidence that today's Usa is the Usa mentioned in Kojiki as the location he founded the empire at. However, today's Usa and the one mentioned in Kojiki are located in the same prefecture. The shrine that is in modern Usa is linked to the emperor Ojin who used the Jinmu myth to justify his divine right to rule, so he must have had the info on where the original Usa was located when he built it.

This is the chart of the date traditionally considered as the nation's establishment date:

Last edited:

ALRESCHA

But maybe what I count Aquarius you count Pisces. :)

Anyway, as much as it makes sense to count all islands Pisces no matter what-it doesn't! :biggrin:

Please take all information sources into account before making the final decision.

CapAquaPis

Today is statehood or admission day for California...wishing the Golden State a Happy Birthday! 165 years old...CA came to being in 1850, the union's 31st state. Now we need some rain all over the place to end the worst ever recorded drought.

California does have a Virgo sun, in addition to a Scorpio Moon, there's an quintessential Aquarian character of Californians the world knows of. More Geminian than the entire USA, the leading state CA moves and changes fast.