Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology

Other Astrology Here, you can discuss anything else astrological that doesn't belong in the other boards. Includes medical astrology, mundane astrology, parts, sports astrology, research and development, degree symbols, fixed stars, asteroids, symbols systems, karma, and Aquarian astrology.

Unread 06-12-2020, 04:03 AM

Smile Re: A Voyage of Discovery: Astrological Ages for the Tropical Zodiac

I'm trying to make contact with The Mountain Astrologer magazine without formally submitting an outline for an article. I first want to know what one of the editors in particular, Ray Grasse, thinks of the tropical Age of Capricorn topic. They have my email address, and I'm hoping to hear from them.

Jessica Adams is a widely known astrological author, psychic, and Chart-reader who has been published in the magazine, and is unavailable for communication other than paying for a Chart-reading. I want to know how she arrived at the (correct) conclusion that we are globally transitioning out of the tropical Age of Capricorn into the tropical Age of Aquarius. I did sign up for her newsletter, but got no confirmation that it went through.

Last edited by david starling; 06-13-2020 at 06:31 AM.
Unread 06-12-2020, 10:26 PM

Well, I'm now "in contact" with the magazine. They sent me instructions on how to format and submit my research concerning the astrological Ages, including that it sounds "interesting". Big step for me though.
Unread 06-13-2020, 02:33 AM

Question Re: A Voyage of Discovery: Astrological Ages for the Tropical Zodiac

In the current astrological age we're in, what if 2020 was the 2012 the Maya predicted, but the change in our western calendar made the date 8 years off? Saturn rules both Capricorn and Aquarius, the planet represents death of the old and bringing in the new. This year could well represent a large global crisis and social renewal afterward, the Maya calendar foretold it all.

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2020/...yW0pFI9RZDbw1k
Unread 06-13-2020, 06:50 AM

Unhappy Re: A Voyage of Discovery: Astrological Ages for the Tropical Zodiac

And the Mayas used a 270-day Venus calendar (about 9 months) along with the solar and lunar cycles. March 1st-Nov 30th in 2020 forms one cycle, we're in the 100th day (June 10-11) and there's the 111th day (June 20-21) falls on the summer solstice. Dec 21st is on the winter solstice is farther down the calendar after the end of the Venusian cycle on the 9th month and 20th day. The Mayas based the Venusian calendar on the average length of human pregnancy and it does last around 9 months or 40 weeks, but it can last up to 43 weeks in a few cases. Venus was in 23' Aries on March 1st and in 6' Sagittarius on Dec 21st, both are malefic degrees (conjunct the malefic Eris in 23' Aries on Mar 1st, and Venus squares the Moon in 1' Aries on Dec 21st, when the Moon conjunct Eris).
Unread 06-13-2020, 07:12 PM

I'm attributing the 2020 turmoil and mayhem to the approach of the Uranian-ruled tropical Aquarian Age, with Saturn being strongest in Capricorn, the Sign of its Domicile, and fighting to maintain its unilateral grip on the Age-authority it has had during this tropical Age of Capricorn.

Like the Nodes and BML, the tropical (unlike the sidereal) Age-indicator has both a "True-setting", and, a "Mean-setting" which is the average placement of the True-settings.

The True-setting for the tropical Age-indicator is calculated at the time of Earth's Perihelion for each year, and in 2020 it had its closest approach to tropical Aquarius yet--less than 1 degree away.
Meanwhile, Pluto is a rival to Saturnian authority, and its presence in Capricorn has Saturn very riled up, and doing its worst.

Last edited by david starling; 06-14-2020 at 04:50 AM.
Unread 06-14-2020, 08:42 PM

Locating the True-setting for Earth's Perihelion in a tropical Chart is easy. But locating the Mean-setting is more difficult, and I'm still not entirely satisfied that I've gotten it exactly correct. After doing a lot of calculating using available data, I settled on 2149 as the Mean-setting ingress of the tropical Age-indicator into tropical Aquarius. However, given the extremely slow transit of the Age-indicator, and the huge swaths of time involved, a variation of about 1-10 years is only to be expected, and has little impact on the ultimate result.

Last edited by david starling; 06-14-2020 at 09:13 PM.
Unread 06-14-2020, 09:11 PM

Having "done the math" and ended up with 2149 as the Mean-setting ingress for the tropical Aquarian Age, an interesting coincidence hadn't occurred to me until I saw tropical astrologer-extraordinaire Robert Hand's opinion, that the only Aquarian Age he knows about, the sidereal version, will begin in 2149. This is based on this Age's A.D. dating system, beginning at the date, 1 A.D. and adding the length of a sidereal Age of 2148 years (at the current rate of Precession). Since there is no "0 A.D." year, you end up at 2149. I think his intuitive ability led him to unconsciously choose a method applied to the sidereal Zodiac that lines up with his own tropical Zodiac's Age of Aquarius start-year.

The vast majority of actual sidereal astrologers, who are using their type of Zodiac for actual Chart-readings, have a start-year for the sidereal Aquarian Age that's more than 200 years later than 2149.

Last edited by david starling; 06-14-2020 at 09:17 PM.
Unread 06-14-2020, 09:27 PM

Using my astronomically calculated Mean-setting start-year of 2149 for the tropical Aquarian Age, the year 2033 looms large. This is because not only will the True-setting of the tropical Age-indicator come within less than half a degree away from ingressing tropical Aquarius for the first time. In that same year, the steadily Direct Mean-setting of the tropical Age-indicator will reach the milestone of 28 degrees, only 2 degrees away from ingressing tropical Aquarius. And, a new Age-degree Generation will begin, with that Mean-setting in its Natal-charts.

Last edited by david starling; 06-14-2020 at 09:42 PM.
Unread 06-14-2020, 09:31 PM

Arrow Re: A Voyage of Discovery: Astrological Ages for the Tropical Zodiac

If 2012 (or 2001) wasn't the hallmark year in the transition of the ages, how about 2023? These 3 years have full moons within the first 8 days of the year. Jan 6, 2023...although every 19 years, a full moon falls on the same day (the last time it was in 2004).
david starling (06-14-2020)
Unread 06-14-2020, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
If 2012 (or 2001) wasn't the hallmark year in the transition of the ages, how about 2023? These 3 years have full moons within the first 8 days of the year. Jan 6, 2023...although every 19 years, a full moon falls on the same day (the last time it was in 2004).
Definitely 2023 for another hallmark year, with Pluto's ingress into Aquarius breaking it open for yet another transformational phase in this incredible, Global Transition.

Last edited by david starling; 06-15-2020 at 12:42 AM.
Unread 06-15-2020, 10:13 PM

It was the work and opinions of Cyril Fagan, founder of Western siderealism, that enabled me to delineate these tropical Ages. He wasn't an enthusiastic proponent of the sidereal Ages, since he couldn't relate them well enough to the historical characteristics they purport to describe. For example, he (correctly, imo) would have expected a very peaceful Age of Pisces, instead of the constant warfare, with increasingly powerful weaponry, which transpired.

The Age-window innovation was actually designed to explain his point of view, while promoting the approach of a sidereal Aquarian Age as well.
Unread 06-17-2020, 10:57 PM

The Age-window provides both a foreground Age-sign and Age-ruler, AND, a background Age-sign and Age-ruler.

Tropically, this explains the "Big 2", Saturn foreground, as Capricornian Age-ruler and Jupiter background, as Sagittarian Age-ruler. Saturn's running the show, but Jupiter has a lot of influence over how it plays out.

Sidereally, the foreground Age of Pisces with its Neptunian-rulership is heavily influenced by the background Age of Aries and the background Age-ruler, Mars..

So, the Age-window incorporates the overlap of Age-signs, which many of those who study the Ages have already noted.

Last edited by david starling; 06-17-2020 at 11:18 PM.
Unread 06-18-2020, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
I'm attributing the 2020 turmoil and mayhem to the approach of the Uranian-ruled tropical Aquarian Age, with Saturn being strongest in Capricorn, the Sign of its Domicile, and fighting to maintain its unilateral grip on the Age-authority it has had during this tropical Age of Capricorn.

Like the Nodes and BML, the tropical (unlike the sidereal) Age-indicator has both a "True-setting", and, a "Mean-setting" which is the average placement of the True-settings.

The True-setting for the tropical Age-indicator is calculated at the time of Earth's Perihelion for each year, and in 2020 it had its closest approach to tropical Aquarius yet--less than 1 degree away.
Meanwhile, Pluto is a rival to Saturnian authority, and its presence in Capricorn has Saturn very riled up, and doing its worst.
Funny, I was thinking they were trying to outdo each other.
Unread 06-18-2020, 03:39 AM

The tropical Age-window is centered on the center-line of the Earth's elliptical orbit.

The sidereal Age-window is conventionally boundary located, with its leading boundary-point on the First boundary-point between Seasons.
Unread 06-18-2020, 03:42 AM

Quote:
The tropical Age-window is centered on the center-line of the Earth's elliptical orbit.

The sidereal Age-window is conventionally boundary located, with its leading boundary-point on the First boundary-point between Seasons.
Who will in your thoughts, enter Aquarius first. Sidereal or Tropical?
Unread 06-18-2020, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Funny, I was thinking they were trying to outdo each other.
Saturn's having a tantrum. He's Pluto-phobic.
Unread 06-18-2020, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Saturn's having a tantrum. He's Pluto-phobic.
😄😄😄thatís funny ^^^

Saturn restricts, Pluto explodes.
Unread 06-18-2020, 04:01 AM

Re: A Voyage of Discovery: Astrological Ages for the Tropical Zodiac

https://askastrology.com/astrology-v...and-pluto/amp/

You might like this.
Unread 06-18-2020, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
Who will in your thoughts, enter Aquarius first. Sidereal or Tropical?
I have to go with tropical, simply because of the way the sidereal astrologers are locating their Sign-boundaries.

Siderealist Terrence MacKinnell is the exception, because instead of following convention, and boundary-locating the sidereal Age-window at the Vernal Point, which has the leading point of the Age-window coincidental with the VP, he is (in effect) centering the sidereal Age-window on the Vernal Point, which then has the leading point of the 30 degree sidereal Age-window located 15 degrees in advance of the VP. So, for him, the Aquarian Age began in the 15th Century A.D.

Last edited by david starling; 06-18-2020 at 04:39 AM.
Unread 06-18-2020, 04:14 AM

The leading point of the Age-window, both tropically and sidereally, is the "Age-indicator", telling us which Age is currently affecting us as individuals.

Last edited by david starling; 06-18-2020 at 04:41 AM.
Unread 06-18-2020, 08:32 PM

The Vernal Point (VP) is one end of the Line of Intersection of the Earth's orbital and Equatorial planes. It marks the boundary between Winter and Spring in the Northern Hemisphere.

Tropically, it's used to locate the First Point of Aries, which is a constructed 30 degree interval measured along Earth's orbital plane.

Last edited by david starling; 06-19-2020 at 06:46 AM.
Unread 06-19-2020, 07:03 AM

So, now we have an awkward situation:

Tropically, the Vernal Point marks the First boundary-point of the tropical Sign Aries. So, the VP can't transit the tropical Zodiac.

But--

Sidereally, the Vernal Point does transit the Zodiac, and functions as the Age-sign locator.

And--

As the VP transits the sidereal Zodiac, the entire tropical Zodiac rotates along with it!.

However--

The vast majority of sidereal astrologers dispute the validity of the tropical Zodiac, and refer to the First Point of tropical Aries as simply, "the VP", and ignore all of the other tropical Sign-boundaries.

Last edited by david starling; 06-19-2020 at 07:15 AM.
Unread 06-19-2020, 07:43 AM

Now, enter the Age-window concept:

Instead of erasing ALL of the tropical Sign-boundaries except for the first point of tropical Aries, include the last point as well.

So then--

Instead of a single point designating the sidereal Age, we have a measured, 30 degree interval, in keeping with the overlap of Age-signs.

As a result--

This "Age-interval", or "Age-window", tells us that in addition to the "foreground Age", there's a "background Age" that goes along with it, and provides the continuity for these extremely long swaths of time, linking them together.
Unread 06-19-2020, 08:33 AM

So, that was the first revelation in this Voyage of Discovery: Not a single-point to mark the Ages, but a single 30 degree interval, the length of a Sign, moving into and out of convergence with each Sign of the sidereal Zodiac. The leading-edge of the Age-window functions as THE "Age-indicator", while the trailing-edge maintains continuity with the previous leading-edge Age.

When the Age-window fully converges with the Age-sign, only that Sign is contained within the window. Then, the leading-edge of the window ingresses the next Sign, and a new Age begins.

Last edited by david starling; 06-19-2020 at 10:04 AM.
Unread 06-19-2020, 09:58 AM

The next leg of the Voyage resulted from asking this question:

Does tropical astrology have its own transiting Age-window, that can tell us the Ages from a tropical perspective?

Last edited by david starling; 06-19-2020 at 10:01 AM.

Tags
ages, astrological, discovery, tropical, voyage, zodiac