US President

fairylight

Banned
Blessings to all.

I have read the postings regarding the above and can I make a suggestion to everyone?

What will be will be........fighting amongst yourselves does not change what is going to be regarding this matter...let is slide.

Love and Light.

Last edited by a moderator:

cjc

Out of the mouth of a newbie comes sense.

The postings on this forum have deteriorated from astrological concepts to emotion, and I have to chide the moderators for not nipping it in the bud. I guess it's important to get the last word in....

I have lived longer than most of the members of this site and have seen and analyzed many elections. I can see many of past patterns reemerging. Although I do not consider myself a "master" astrologer, I have also been studying it for longer than many of you have been breathing.

One thing I can say for certain: Horary is useless here. How many millions of people are asking those questions? "Will XXX win?" at how many millions of places and times? With how may horary astrologers differing on the answer?

There are techniques that apply to an election. Stick to these. If you must cite an example, reference it. In my profession, we must reference every statement of fact down to the very line of the article in which it appeared. (Which does not mean simply posting an article from another source; this also violates a forum rule to avoid plagiarism) I feel the presidency of the United States deserves no less respect.

This just came in:
[SIZE=+1]Yahoo! Alerts[/SIZE] [SIZE=-2] Yahoo! News - My Alerts - Edit Alert
[/SIZE]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-2] Sunday, September 7, 2008, 5:35 AM PDT [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1] TORONTO (AP) Canada's prime minister dissolves Parliament and calls an early election.

So... Who is a Canadian to make biased comments on our elections?

I could go on and on, but one of my favorite Shakespearean quotes is "Brevity is the soul of wit; therefore I will be brief."

Stick to astrology!

c
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited:

cjc

I think Mundane Atrology is one of the areas where this belongs... with unbiased comments based on how the election would affect the US.

It could also come under Predictive Astrology based on how transits, progressions, etc affect the candidates.

c

archergirl

Who is a Canadian to make biased comments on our elections?

I would urge you to forego the idea that non-US citizens should not be able to comment on US politics. What happens in the US is of great interest to the rest of the world, and as a US citizen living somewhere besides the United States, I can tell you that the concern about who is elected is quite real, and well-justified.

This is a multi-cultural website and anyone is free to comment on anything, even politics, so long as it sticks to astrology and avoids *too* much bias...some bias will be normal, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and we must remember that not everyone will agree, nor should they feel they have to.

AG:)

cjc

NOBODY should be making biased comments on this forum. This is a forum, supposedly based on astrology, which is quickly going to hell in a handbasket.

As far as the fact that he is a Canadian, the loony hasn't been stronger against the dollar in a very long time. No wonder he would want to keep it going. Which I do not think is in America's best interest. The day after elections, all foregn diplomats will be lining up behind the winner with their palms up.

While I grant that bias may influence astrological interpretation, what we're seeing here is nothing but unbridled emotion spewing out with little or no basis in fact or reality.

Again, I chide the moderators for not stopping the astrological discussions of the upcoming election from morphing into non-astrological knee-jerk bull.

Again, I ask that all political discussions be based solely on astrology.

Again, I ask for reliable references for all supporting statements.

I am an American by choice, not chance, and I agree with the right to reasonably argue political issues. However, this must be done in the proper venue... which is not here.

c

archergirl

Um, cjc, this is the General Chat area, in case you hadn't noticed, and if you will look at the intro...it says, and I quote, "Posts aren't moderated, though." We reserve the right to step in when it gets stupid; otherwise, anything goes.

NOBODY should be making biased comments on this forum.
That isn't mentioned anywhere in the rules. The fact of the matter is, everyone is biased. Even you. Which is why others' biases bother you so much.

I chide the moderators for not stopping the astrological discussions of the upcoming election from morphing into non-astrological knee-jerk bull.
And I will chide you for your knee-jerk reactions to other people's opinions, when they don't suit your particular worldview.

I would suggest that you take five, have a cup of tea, and stop expecting things to run just the way you'd like them to. Nothing in the world does.

AG:)

aquarius7000

Hey CJC, relax! ;)

Again, I chide the moderators for not stopping the astrological discussions of the upcoming election from morphing into non-astrological knee-jerk bull.
The moderators are doing the best they can while dealing with *grown-ups*.
Go and have a look around at the threads, where you will find postings by mods, as and when necessary, to appease people/get the threads back on tracks.., as the case may be. It's always a very fine line we mods walk between first (politely) requesting and later (firmly) warning those concerned, taking into our stride that there will always be someone out there to raise a hue and cry about something or the other.

While I grant that bias may influence astrological interpretation, what we're seeing here is nothing but unbridled emotion spewing out with little or no basis in fact or reality.
I do agree with you that on Astrology forums we should all try to stick to Astrology as far as possible, which however, as it is being practised by human-beings, will always be accompanied by some (human) emotion and bias. The ideas put in postings belong to 'someone', and so, will invariably be coloured by that 'someone's' thinking/understanding/emotions/experiences....the list is long. The colour is darker or deeper, for obvious reasons, when issues such as politics, religion, culture, and the like are in question. These issues interest all, some more some less; and are certainly not restricted to a geographical boundry, not on a multi-cultural, worldwide forum. The challenge is to remain cultured when dealing with other cultures and backgrounds.

So it helps perhaps for all of us to stay cool about it all, at least as long as those ideas/postings are not shamelessly meant to hurt/offend anyone in particular.

Btw, since we are all on the General-Chat forum here, happy chit-chatting a bit.:D

Best
:)aquarius7000

aquarius7000

Nah, you can't always have that Saturn rule over you, now can you? You've got to let Uranus tickle you a bit, and Venus and Jup make you enjoy life. Just kidding.:p

Like I said MB, this here is the General Chat forum, so we can be easy, and indulge in some non-astro blah blah, even do some 'monkey business' here :D, within the bounds of decency and common sense (I just love that term), of course.

Generally, you can read below the forum titles - there's a short description of what that forum aims at - to get some idea.

;)aquarius7000