Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Show off board

Show off board A tiny place to show off pictures of yours, your environment, favorite pictures, whatever you want and it\'s legal ;)

Unread 02-22-2009, 11:40 PM

Sprite, Fairie or Deva photos!

Greetings. In 2007 I moved into another dwelling here on the American River in No. Calif.
The first month I had an experience with small entities of Light about the size of large hummingbirds on two out of three nights in my living room. Very unusual, beautiful and interesting encounters.
Two months later, in July, I was taking photos outside my residence of the spectacular Sunsets we were having on two successive eves.
I had just been given an older 2.1 megpixel Olympus digital camera to entice me back into a hobby I had abandoned in the 70s'.
Fascinated with the realization I could take as many photos as the memory card would hold, and then even more, in a sense, if I chose to delete any. [quite unlike the limitations that a 'Film' camera imposes] I shot away as fast as I could.
Each eve I took over a hundred shots and each eve one of these photos would appear upon upload.
My friend, Suryakant, was renting my other bedroom at the time and was once a professional photographer and he was here, watched me take these shots and was by the computer when the results came in...he was amazed as I. And having heard my recount of the encounter I mentioned was now convinced...[Although we are both old, long time yogis and had shared many a story and a few mutual encounters of a mystical nature together already].
Anyways, here's the photos. Unfortunately we mistakenly cropped one 'Sprite' from the top right hand corner of the first photo...meaning there are six in all in that photo, the second photo is more spectacular and I took the shot askew as I was trying to capture the entire cloud formation in the shot to possibly use in a future painting [I majored in Fine Arts in college]...as I still paint occasionally....enjoy....All Glory To God...Dave Mastry aka Devananda.

ps. Thanks to Ms. Theresa for your help in making these fit...Kudos!

{Since I was able to provide larger and more visible copies of the same photos on the following post, I deleted the copies that were originally attached to this one so as to save file space and the part that was cropped is no longer so.}

Last edited by piercethevale; 05-15-2014 at 12:23 PM. Reason: correct grammar, spellin', & make the account more accurate, i.e. it was two months later
Unread 05-11-2014, 08:47 AM

Re: Sprite, Fairie or Deva photos!

So, I figured since I posted the above that I had learned how to do image hosting that I'd give it a try and let these photos be seen by others besides just members of the forum.

This is the lone Sprite taken the second evening

Last edited by piercethevale; 05-06-2019 at 02:50 PM. Reason: image was missing
Unread 05-11-2014, 08:49 AM

and here's the photo from the first evening and with the part that was cropped out in the first post above.

Last edited by piercethevale; 05-06-2019 at 02:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to piercethevale For This Useful Post:
Inline (05-16-2014)
Unread 05-12-2014, 01:57 PM

Skies are always fascinating....
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil For This Useful Post:
piercethevale (05-14-2014)
Unread 05-14-2014, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Skies are always fascinating....
Yes! ...and because you are a true artist you can understand why I took that one photo deliberately askew in an, successful, attempt to capture the entire cloud formation for possible use or reference for a painting that I might do in the future...though that was 7 years ago and that was about 6 years from the last time I did a painting.

...John Lennon was never more right than when he sang the words: "Life has a funny way of happening despite our plans", or in words to that effect in similar verse.

Last edited by piercethevale; 05-15-2014 at 12:27 PM. Reason: changed "thought" that was 7 years , to 'though'
Unread 05-14-2014, 03:59 AM

I just started into painting in the past year... skies are my favorite thing to paint... (as well as maybe trees and birds..)

Simple stuff.. not too impressive but who cares its soothing for the soul.

i would like to get to the point where i could paint the sabian symbols.. i find them to be so inspiring.

great with colors but not so great with brush strokes yet... just takes some practice.

my favorite dream had a brightly, awe-inspiring orange sky...

and another favorite dream had a wonderful forrest full of trees with blue leaves.

i remember the colors being so vibrant... blue trees, and the sky was pure white behind them... ha... what a sight

another dream about a lady with a blue eye in the center of the back of her head... the way that blue eye stared at into my core.

i recently painted an indigo shadow lady in violet flames. (I guess you could say your mention of it inspired me...)

In a way, its a spirit of its own.

Last edited by Phoenix Venus; 05-14-2014 at 04:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix Venus For This Useful Post:
Unread 05-14-2014, 04:32 AM

Hope you don't mind me posting this here but i thought id share...

Here is my 3rd attempt at watercolors, probably 8 or 9 overall painting... its hanging on the wall next to the indigo lady... i plan to one day fill the whole wall...

And the indigo lady... you can't make out the colors too well with the camera but you get the point....

Here is my very first painting

Last edited by Phoenix Venus; 05-14-2014 at 04:39 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix Venus For This Useful Post:
Unread 05-14-2014, 04:47 AM

Wow, this just blew me away.
I had been asked a few years back at what time these photos were taken and at that time I didn't know that the exact time is listed in the "properties of the photos, So I gueesed at it and said 8:42. A chart was cast...nothing to report.
As I was going and am about to, upload and put on posts as visible images another 6 or 7 photos taken the first evening and I checked the properties dfor the photo with seven in flight and that time was 8:42:10 on July 23, 2007
The photo askew with the lone sprite for some reason is listed as having been modified on Sept. 18, 2007 but ads it was one of a series that itook of ther oak tree in the foreground ...or middle ground.... it is photo 049.
Photo 046 was taken at 8:36:12, Photo 048 @ 8:36:14 so I'm figuring at 8:36:16 for the photo049 [and I know I can get an unmodified one from one of the other files i have stuff buried in.]
So I cast a chart and the M.C. for theevent is 27* Scorpio 36' 20 and do you what the Sabian Symbol is?

From Dane Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols, "An Astrological Mandala"

SCORPIO 28: THE KING OF THE FAIRIES APPROACHING HIS DOMAIN.

KEYNOTE: The capacity in man to recognize and to pay homage to an integrating Principle at the core of all existence.

This rather peculiar picture tells us perhaps a good deal about the limitations of the mind of the clairvoyant who saw it, though it can be related to the symbolism of the various creatures of a spirit world mentioned in some alchemical and Rosicrucian books. What seems to be implied is that beyond both outer nature and the realm of the proud ego, a spiritual world exists to which the intuitive consciousness of man can pay allegiance. In that world, all manifested entities are seen as multiple aspects of a central Power and Consciousness. It is such a central principle of unity that human societies have sought to revere symbolically in human, all-too-human kings. In an individual sense, this principle is the Self.

This is the third stage in the forty-eighth five-fold pattern of symbols. It adds a new dimension to the two preceding ones. At this stage the presence of a spiritual unifying factor begins to be sensed by the individual perhaps weary of the outer shows of his culture. An INNER ALLEGIANCE begins to polarize the consciousness. "

And an Asc. with a degree that close to dead center of the degree indicates at a rate of 4 min per degree on the Asc. Average , i.e. 1444 minutes in a day divided by 360 = 4
The photo could have been taken well over a minute later than the previous one in the cycle, and I know it wasn't more than 10 or 15 seconds, most extreme case scenario. ...as I do remember having to make two or thee attempts to get the right zoom and level of askew angle to get the shot I wanted.

...it really made my day to find this surprise and having been through a period of some years where at times 'signs' that were immediately recognized as being such , or of high suspicion that gave cause for focused attentiveness and resultant confirmation as to being a 'sign" and sometimes in symbolic form subsequent confirmation, I have no doubt that the time the Sprite appeared in one particular photo that eve was no accident and I've said all along that as the shutter speed both evenings was 1/30th of a second, these entities, that are entities of Light and energy and being as such it would stand to reason that they can move at or dang near the speed of pure light itself...

and what I'm getting at, is that they were posing...knew right when and where and are cognizant and sentient entities that I have to believe are of an Angelic order of some greater or even lower level than the main body of the Angelic legions,

...and I would tend to think...and size doesn't matter pertaining to the subject here. I'm rather certain if they wish to appear 6 or 60 feet tall that they likely can do so.
I'm suddenly quite jazzed and enthusiastic to visit England and Glastonbury by next year sometime at the latest.

...as so back to what I began to do a little over two hours ago [as I called my friends Clarisse and Suryakant to tell them of this, ...Clarisse got a huge kick out of it, Suryakant is so serious at times and though he is only 11 years older than me, He likes to play the role of a Father figure] and post those other photos of those two evenings that I think are the best of the lot...as it was the way the sky suddenly "lit up" and the atmosphere had a crystal like clarity and with an eerie hush to all the nature around us that I have not experienced since nor have but 4 or 5 times in all my years altogether.

Feel free to copy or whatever as they have mostly all been posted on the internet at some time since they were taken and as such they are in the public domain. [but I would appreciate being accredited if used for any public display or publication. thanks, ptv

Last edited by piercethevale; 05-14-2014 at 06:18 AM. Reason: grammar and bold type text where needed
Unread 05-14-2014, 04:55 AM

A shot from the first evening, July 23, 2007 @ 8:41:48 pm

Last edited by piercethevale; 03-11-2018 at 01:15 AM.
Unread 05-14-2014, 05:01 AM

first evening @ 8:41:10 pm July 23, 2007

Last edited by piercethevale; 03-11-2018 at 01:17 AM.
Unread 05-14-2014, 05:08 AM

first evening @ 8:41:40 July 23, 2007

Last edited by piercethevale; 03-11-2018 at 01:39 AM.
Unread 05-14-2014, 05:11 AM

first evening @ 8:41:22 pm July 23, 2007

Last edited by piercethevale; 03-11-2018 at 01:41 AM.
Unread 05-14-2014, 05:17 AM

First evening @ 8:41:18 pm July 23, 2007

The photo is darker and appears to be taken later than the photo with the same composition but this is due to my changing the aperture and not because of a sudden 'darkening' of the skies and then a sudden re-illumination.

Last edited by piercethevale; 03-11-2018 at 01:43 AM.
Unread 05-14-2014, 05:20 AM

One last one from the first evening @ 8:41:52 pm July 23, 2007

Last edited by piercethevale; 03-11-2018 at 01:46 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to piercethevale For This Useful Post:
Inline (05-16-2014)
Unread 05-14-2014, 05:46 AM

shot from the 2nd evening July 24, 2007 @ 8:35:34 pm

Last edited by piercethevale; 03-11-2018 at 01:48 AM.
Unread 05-14-2014, 05:50 AM

second evening July 24, 2007 @ 8:35:24 pm

Last edited by piercethevale; 03-11-2018 at 01:49 AM.
Unread 05-14-2014, 05:51 AM

2nd evening July 24, 2007 @ 8:35:18 pm

Last edited by piercethevale; 03-11-2018 at 01:51 AM.
Unread 05-14-2014, 05:53 AM

second evening July 24, 2007 @ 8:46:00 pm
Late Edit: March 11, 2018. I was in error as to what I wrote above. This photo was taken the first evening. i.e July 23, 2007... the time is correct however.

Last edited by piercethevale; 03-11-2018 at 01:55 AM.
Unread 05-14-2014, 05:55 AM

July 24, 2007 @ 8:35:52 pm

Last edited by piercethevale; 03-11-2018 at 01:57 AM.
Unread 05-14-2014, 05:58 AM

July 24, 2007 @ 8:35:26 pm

Last edited by piercethevale; 03-11-2018 at 01:59 AM.
Unread 05-14-2014, 06:00 AM

July 24, 2007 @ 8:36:00 pm

Last edited by piercethevale; 03-11-2018 at 03:02 AM.
Unread 05-14-2014, 06:01 AM

July 24, 2007 @ 8:35:12 pm that is all I've got that's worth sharing.

Over the years since these were taken, I've oft entertained the notion, some might say the fantasy, that the sky being so "lit up", as it was, but not in any way I had ever experienced before or since, that these 'Sprites" may have had a hand in achieving that.
Putting on a spectacular light show while my friend, and room mate at the time, Suryakant were sitting at the kitchen window and playing our instruments and observing out side what look to be just another clear warm July evening and then so suddenly, and with such intense luminosity, the entire sky to the East of us...as that is the direction the kitchen window faces. That same window that one flew in and out of on two separate evenings in May right after I had moved in ...lit up to where it almost appeared to be ablaze. ...in the attempt to draw me out side and take photos to provide the message of the event chart... which was obviously done deliberately by design for that purpose and demonstrating that these entities are cognizant perceptive and highly intelligent.

That's a big score for the validity of the Sabian Symbols, and also the M.C's importance for an event chart seems to be emphasized here.

Last edited by piercethevale; 03-11-2018 at 03:03 AM.
Unread 05-14-2014, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Venus View Post
I just started into painting in the past year... skies are my favorite thing to paint... (as well as maybe trees and birds..)

Simple stuff.. not too impressive but who cares its soothing for the soul.

i would like to get to the point where i could paint the sabian symbols.. i find them to be so inspiring.

great with colors but not so great with brush strokes yet... just takes some practice.

my favorite dream had a brightly, awe-inspiring orange sky...

and another favorite dream had a wonderful forrest full of trees with blue leaves.

i remember the colors being so vibrant... blue trees, and the sky was pure white behind them... ha... what a sight

another dream about a lady with a blue eye in the center of the back of her head... the way that blue eye stared at into my core.

i recently painted an indigo shadow lady in violet flames. (I guess you could say your mention of it inspired me...)

In a way, its a spirit of its own.
I know that Edgar Cayce said in a few readings how important it is for a person to engage in making music and expressing themselves through artistic means and not to neglect that as to make it sound as if you owe to your own well being and as we are merely custodians or caretakers of these physical forms we are alleged to be obligated for their care and condition.

He went so far as to once say something as like; 'Even if all you can do is sing and sing rather poorly , sing, it doesn't matter that it may sound as so to you or others the soul needs that ...very much so.

The same goes for artistic works if you feel like slinging paint at a canvas ala Jackson Pollock style ...DO IT....!
Unread 05-14-2014, 06:56 AM

here's a watercolour I did in Feb/March 1977 when I was 23.[IMG][/IMG]
Inline (05-16-2014)
Unread 05-14-2014, 06:57 AM

Such beautiful, captivating pictures... I can keep staring at them..
The Following User Says Thank You to Ambersole11 For This Useful Post:
piercethevale (05-15-2014)