Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 12-03-2017, 10:13 PM

Re: How did you get into astrology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
The SYNCHRONICITY doesn't require materialistic Physics. The Earth's magnetic field is clearly strong enough to affect our own personal fields, and our own fields relative to one another are strong enough as well. WHY the synchronicity works concerning the Chart configurations is a mystery, which is why those prejudiced against Astrology simply dismiss it out of hand. I'm not imputing materialistic-magnetic field influence to the Planets other than Earth. Personally, I believe in the theory of an "Astral Plane", with its own characteristics, which aren't described by materialistic Physics. But if you're trying to convince skeptics that Astrology works, neither that nor "Synchronicity" will impress them.
It isn't a mystery, it's mathematical. That's been my point from the start.

There is a particular type of person that delights in obscurity and the mystification of the mundane through poetry and misinformation. I don't have an issue with your proclivity to live your life in this way, David, but please understand that I live life according to observable facts. I'm not interested in poetry or mysticism, I'm interested in understanding. That's what gets me out of bed everyday, the boundless quest for comprehension of things that lay beyond the veil of ignorance.

So when I tell you that one idea or another has no basis in proven, solid scientific fact, I'm not doing so out of some ridiculous sense of superiority (since I've never been, nor will I ever be) but out of the same sort of steady curiosity that has created countless marvels throughout the centuries. "Astral planes," healing crystals and bio-energy fields that interact with solar systems are outside the purview of science. They make great stories, but they are poor explanations for natural phenomena. In truth, the natural world is simply more mundane than someone in your position may be comfortable with, while simultaneously being incredibly complex and structured. I understand that both of these facts of life may run counter to your personal ideals and beliefs.

That said, the methods I aim to employ are generated in a 'language' of logic that speaks directly to the rational skeptic's mind. You may be convinced my efforts will not bear fruit, as you believe that skeptics are stubborn and unbending forms of concentrated bias. But you don't speak their language. I do, which grants me an advantage in targeting a specific vulnerability in their outlook. Namely, as I've said before in some other earlier thread, my employment of tangible data. That is to say, successful long-term relationships, as well as a swift, passionate and predetermined attraction between multiple couples. The data will speak for itself, thus proving my point. The issue is getting people in our lazy, skeptical, socially neutered culture to take part in the experiment. And when all people do is complain about how it will never work, they make it difficult for me to show them how wrong they are and how much better things can be.

It's honestly sad how self-defeating and pessimistic our culture is these days. But, no, once I have the data (and it will happen in time; it's a matter of when, not if) I have no concern that my efforts won't bear fruit.

Unread 12-03-2017, 11:24 PM

Smile Re: How did you get into astrology?

Actually, I'm impressed that you're going for an incontrovertible statistical record of success. If this works, and I'm not saying it won't, it will be extremely convincing. More power to you!
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
AquarianRising (12-04-2017)
Unread 12-27-2017, 12:21 AM

Sports Astrology. I like to look and see who is the most likely winner. It is still a study. I can see some but not all winners.
Unread 01-12-2018, 05:41 AM

I was searching online for ways on how to know what job/career is my calling and purpose. I was actually researching about psychics and fortune-tellers. Then somehow I got into astrology.
Unread 02-06-2018, 12:20 AM

The desperate, desperate pain of heartache and ensuing dark night of the soul.
Unread 02-06-2018, 12:24 AM

A friend introduced me and reading Capricorn traits I had to find out what people were smoking bc nothing Capricorn said was even remotely close, my friend being a Gemini it matched perfectly.
Unread 02-07-2018, 01:37 AM

I was drawn to astrology when a reading I had from many years back rang true in the present. It was a Deja Vu...I could hear the astrology reading almost as if it overlayed my realization in the moment. I figured, maybe I should spend some time exploring the probability of astrology.
Unread 02-21-2018, 01:30 AM

I just started looking at my sign... then everyone else's. Im a Gemini Rising so I love knowledge
Unread 05-22-2018, 02:36 AM

I had been having some very colourful and fantastic dreams about unrealistic cosmic events in the sky that kept confusing me. I was trying to find the reason for them. So finally I got interested in astrology. But soon I was disappointed with traditional astrology. The dreams kept coming. And then one day I had an insight. An idea about a completely new form of horoscope. So I started to explore and develope it. And the strange cosmic dreams stopped. And now what I keep finding makes me believe that my discovery is a real thing.
Unread 06-02-2018, 03:55 AM

When I was in junior high, my aunt who is 2 years older than me started talking to me about her horoscope and her sun sign. She's a Virgo with a Sagittarius ascendant and an Aquarius moon. I then found out my sun sign, but I didn't pay much mind to it until I was in high school. Still, I was extremely religious, so I considered it a sin! Haha! But I think that being devoted religiously eventually led me to spiritual freedom and also, the knowledge of astrology that I have today.

Last edited by InMyHands; 08-21-2018 at 07:12 AM.
Unread 06-02-2018, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
In school my partners asked me about my zodiac sign, I told them I tought I was Libra, later I discovered this is the sign of my parents. Some years later I looked in the newspaper at the sign that my birth date indicated, and found out I was Virgo. Later I experienced a period of crisis, because my religion was tested. I turned to atheism, however I rised again and embraced all religions and occult arts. So then I decided to investigate a little deeper into astrology, and here I am now.
Our experiences are quite similar!
Unread 06-19-2018, 05:21 AM

My life to this point had been in a long and arduous period of transformation. It went on for half a decade, involving a kind of self imposed isolation you could say. I didn't accept who or what I was, my head was a mess of self doubt and I couldn't find it in myself to socialize for fear of being ostracized by my peers.

In the past two months I've received the medical attention my body required in order for my mind to have been freed. I've always had a passive interest in astrology, prediction, and the intricacies of natal charts; and began to untangle my own in the hope of discovering what the next step on my life path is.

Has astrology helped anyone else here in combating their own particular brands of depression?
The Following User Says Thank You to TheTwoFacedBull For This Useful Post:
InMyHands (08-21-2018)
Unread 07-23-2018, 11:48 AM

Red face Re: How did you get into astrology?

Hello!

My name is Anne and I'm new to the forum.

I got into astrology through the tarot. Each of the 78 cards has an astrological correspondence with the 22 Major Arcana cards corresponding with either a planet or sign. The Minor Arcana is separated into 4 suits/elements and the astrological correspondence has to do with Chaldean decans.

For example:

The Fool (Major Arcana card) is Uranus.
Two of Cups (Minor Arcana card) (Two of Water) is represented by Venus in Cancer.

It's a really cool connection that I'm still learning about. If you have any questions regarding tarot and the astrological correspondences, let me know!

Thanks,

Anne
The Following User Says Thank You to moonkat235 For This Useful Post:
InMyHands (08-21-2018)
Unread 09-30-2018, 05:12 PM

Hi. I got into astrology by a friend 30 years ago. Being s cynic at the time I was making fun out of my astrologer friend until she drew up a transit chart for the coming year at the time. I still didn't think anything of it until probably s couple of years later when so found her chart for me amongst a box of things. It was very accurate portrayal of the year in question. From then on I began to take an interest although I never stop testing it.
Unread 09-30-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonkat235 View Post
Hello!

I got into astrology through the tarot. Each of the 78 cards has an astrological correspondence with the 22 Major Arcana cards corresponding with either a planet or sign. The Minor Arcana is separated into 4 suits/elements and the astrological correspondence has to do with Chaldean decans.

For example:

Two of Cups (Minor Arcana card) (Two of Water) is represented by Venus in Cancer.

It's a really cool connection that I'm still learning about. If you have any questions regarding tarot and the astrological correspondences, let me know!

Thanks,

Anne
What about 7 of cups? Also, how is one's own Significator determined in your opinion? Thanks!
Unread 09-30-2018, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonkat235 View Post
Hello!

For example:

Thanks,

Anne
This is exactly how I got into Astrology through relating the tarot cards to Astrology.
Unread 09-30-2018, 09:22 PM

7 cups is venus in scorpio.
Unread 09-30-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
7 cups is venus in scorpio.
What about determining one's Significator?
Unread 09-30-2018, 09:27 PM

Quote:
What about determining one's Significator?
The significator usually pops up in the card's you pull.

If you want to beforehand choose your own significator, then you'd choose the card you correspond with.

I.e if your a Scorpio sun your significator would be the king of cups.
Unread 09-30-2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
The significator usually pops up in the card's you pull.

If you want to beforehand choose your own significator, then you'd choose the card you correspond with.

I.e if your a Scorpio sun your significator would be the king of cups.
What about adding the digits of one's calendar birthdate?
Unread 09-30-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
What about adding the digits of one's calendar birthdate?
Yes you could do that, I've never tried that actually I don't think.

Mine would be 40 if I did mine, which would make me the emperor card number 4.
Unread 09-30-2018, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Yes you could do that, I've never tried that actually I don't think.

Mine would be 40 if I did mine, which would make me the emperor card number 4.
Also, 4 of whatever suit your Sun-sign would make it in the minor arcana.
Unread 10-01-2018, 12:25 AM

My 7 of cups (from adding the birth date digits and having Sun in Pisces) fits me well, although I don't have Venus in Scorpio. But I can link that to astrology, since I am attracted by women with a Scorpio Ascendant.

Last edited by david starling; 10-01-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Unread 01-21-2019, 03:44 AM
Banned

For me, it was tarot that brought me into astrology.
I was doing tarot reading, and learning about tarot when I first heard about astrology. As tarot and astrology are deeply linked, that instilled in me a curiosity to find up more about astrology.
Unread 04-02-2019, 08:23 AM

For me it's because I want to have a better chance of winning the lottery LOL though I've always been attracted to occult stuff (natal Sun in 8th house)... so here I am :P