Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 05-05-2018, 06:34 AM

Smile Re: War - do we need it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
To answer all your statements - if you don't engage in any way , there is no battle and the war lover has no war.

On the topic of slavery, well then I guess we have a choice. Do we prefer to die, be a slave, or risk finding happy ways to live in that environment. I'd choose death. That takes away their power.
That's how Christianity took over Rome!

Unread 05-05-2018, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
That's how Christianity took over Rome!
Thank you. I think you understand where I'm coming from with the death talk.

Let's imagine a psychopath threatening to kill ppl if he doesn't get his way. If one person refuses to conform and chooses death, the psychopath would be infuriated, kill the person, and move on to the next person. If the psychopath finds himself in a situation where everyone chose death over obeying the psychopath, the psychopath would absolutely lose his s*it and kill himself. A psychopath cannot function in anyway without having someone to control. All he needs is someone like appleo who thinks he's better off obeying. Haha. Hey, at the end of the German war, those German officers were hanged for their actions. So you'll still suffer consequences. In the end, lots of ppl die whichever way you choose to go but MORE ppl die when ppl obey a psychopath.

Having said that, god help leaders of countries who have to deal with psychopath leaders of other countries. It's not like there's a shield to protect it's ppl from the bombings. And psychopaths don't negotiate.

Last edited by Abby83; 05-05-2018 at 07:22 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Abby83 For This Useful Post:
Ukpoohbear (05-06-2018)
Unread 05-05-2018, 07:26 AM

If I'm right about the Collective shift in Consciousness that I'm expecting from the gradually increasing Aquarian Age effect, psychopaths will become more and more isolated and less and less powerful.
Unread 05-05-2018, 07:35 AM

Re: War - do we need it?

I think you're forgetting those psychopathic leaders for whom death is the answer. Jonestown, for example.

Quote:
Thank you. I think you understand where I'm coming from with the death talk.

Let's imagine a psychopath threatening to kill ppl if he doesn't get his way. If one person refuses to conform and chooses death, the psychopath would be infuriated, kill the person, and move on to the next person. If the psychopath finds himself in a situation where everyone chose death over obeying the psychopath, the psychopath would absolutely lose his s*it and kill himself. A psychopath cannot function in anyway without having someone to control. All he needs is someone like appleo who thinks he's better off obeying. Haha. Hey, at the end of the German war, those German officers were hanged for their actions. So you'll still suffer consequences. In the end, lots of ppl die whichever way you choose to go but MORE ppl die when ppl obey a psychopath.

Having said that, god help leaders of countries who have to deal with psychopath leaders of other countries. It's not like there's a shield to protect it's ppl from the bombings. And psychopaths don't negotiate.
Unread 05-05-2018, 07:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'd honestly probably try to seduce him... Seriously. Disarm him with tending to the ego. They always fall for that shi*.
You're very naive.
Unread 05-05-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
I think you're forgetting those psychopathic leaders for whom death is the answer. Jonestown, for example.
It's the suicidal followers that are the problem in that case.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (05-09-2018)
Unread 05-05-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ru33erDucky View Post
You're very naive.
Haha I know. But sometimes it gets me places...
Unread 05-05-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
If I'm right about the Collective shift in Consciousness that I'm expecting from the gradually increasing Aquarian Age effect, psychopaths will become more and more isolated and less and less powerful.
This definitely led me to my next thought.
Aquarians always managed to work along psychopaths. I think they're the only sign I've seen that can communicate that well that they get out of all the hard jobs and are used as a personal advisor. Yet if you ask an Aquarian how they did it, they'll never tell you their secret.

We live in a time now where some leaders are brilliant at dealing with psychopath rulers. How do they do it? I'm pretty sure everyone wishes they knew the answer cos we need it to deal with a psychopath in our own life. But those skills will always be kept secret and that's why some of those ppl are at the top.
Unread 05-05-2018, 11:55 AM

Abby, as the Earth goes, we ALL go. These are Earth's Ages, and we are of the Earth. They're about the way the Earth as a planet is "acting upon us". We each respond in our own way, but in the final analysis, we're ALL becoming Aquarian. Sun in Aquarius doesn't rule out psychopathology, although it might lessen it. But the Aquarian Age-influence will make it completely ineffectual in terms of gaining power and authority. That's my sense of the transformation that's slowly occurring. Like the Dylan line, "Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command", from "The Times They Are A-Changing".
Why do you think they had to eliminate the Draft? I remember a saying from I think the early 1970s--"What if they held a war, and nobody showed up?"
Unread 05-05-2018, 12:00 PM

I'm not the only one who envisions the Age of Aquarius as a "functional anarchy". Which is the exact reverse of a prevalent view that it will be a lock-step, mind-controlled dictatorship.
Unread 05-05-2018, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Abby, as the Earth goes, we ALL go. These are Earth's Ages, and we are of the Earth. They're about the way the Earth as a planet is "acting upon us". We each respond in our own way, but in the final analysis, we're ALL becoming Aquarian. Sun in Aquarius doesn't rule out psychopathology, although it might lessen it. But the Aquarian Age-influence will make it completely ineffectual in terms of gaining power and authority. That's my sense of the transformation that's slowly occurring. Like the Dylan line, "Your sons and your daughters are beyond your command", from "The Times They Are A-Changing".
Why do you think they had to eliminate the Draft? I remember a saying from I think the early 1970s--"What if they held a war, and nobody showed up?"
I agree. There's definitely a push towards less power and more freedom these days. Even when I see controlling ppl, eventually, a lot of them are learning how to be free and let go.
Unread 05-05-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
All he needs is someone like appleo who thinks he's better off obeying.
Umm.. scuse me, I didn't say anything about obeying.
Unread 05-05-2018, 07:25 PM

You live in Australia. That's even more of a nanny state than Canada is, albeit we're catching up. How do you reckon that's more free than things used to be?

Quote:
I agree. There's definitely a push towards less power and more freedom these days. Even when I see controlling ppl, eventually, a lot of them are learning how to be free and let go.
Unread 05-05-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Umm.. scuse me, I didn't say anything about obeying.
Yes you did hahaha.
Unread 05-06-2018, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Yes you did hahaha.
No I didnít.
Unread 05-06-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Oooh, I'm happy to find someone else who believes in the coming of a shift in consciousness. There are many people who feel it and many who will come to start feeling it

The way I see it, we're becoming too 'powerful'. We have too much egotism and too much desire to continue exerting power over others, over nature, over everything and all of it is basically the antithesis of true advancement. It's like we're just operating like a bunch of raging teenagers who haven't truly found their way yet
Unread 05-06-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Hey its nice to see you chose the path of discovering self love and self worth. I've had to learn that over many years too. There's a lot of tests to help understand what self love is. Congrats on overcoming the darkness and heading into the light. I'm sure it's an inspiration to many.
I don't know if I'm an inspiration to anyone... I try to help as many people as I can. I hope if I can become a writer like I really want to be, I can inspire and help more people, whoever resonates with me. Particularly people who are inclined to disturbed and intense emotions and thoughts. A lot of people like that don't have any guidance whatsoever and I think I've just been lucky in life

If I really think about it, I think for me, my mom set the foundation. She instilled a light in me right from the beginning even if I was always plagued by anxiety or darkness and self destructive emotions
Unread 05-09-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
I have a question about war. Is it really necessary? Like I once talked about this with an Aquarian man who said we need it, but I can't remember why. Something about breaking the old and starting new.
But I think of it in everyday life.
So again, I ask, why do we need war and destruction of souls in this world?
You have wrote somewhere that the natural cycle of life and death is enough and I agree with you. Destruction is not necessary part of life if people use inteligence and ethics. Many individual and collective transformations happen all the time without war. Peaceful exchange of goods and ideas is an example.

On the other hand, it is the destruction itself that many times leads to stagnation and regression. The war is more about fighting or stealing other people/cultures resources. Destruction is not even necessarily connected with fight. It can simply be a destruction that ruins life without enabling new form of life.

Last edited by demetraceres; 05-09-2018 at 11:35 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to demetraceres For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (05-09-2018)
Unread 05-09-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demetraceres View Post
You have wrote somewhere that the natural cycle of life and death is enough and I agree with you. Destruction is not necessary part of life if people use inteligence and ethics. Many individual and collective transformations happen all the time without war. Peaceful exchange of goods and ideas is an example.

On the other hand, it is the destruction itself that many times leads to stagnation and regression. The war is more about fighting or stealing other people/cultures resources. Destruction is not even necessarily connected with fight. It can simply be a destruction that ruins life without enabling new form of life.
Yesssss!! Thank you.
Unread 05-11-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
You honestly believe that?
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Unread 05-11-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Fusion View Post
You honestly believe that?
Yes, although the change-over is too slow to suit me. I've worked out the astronomy and I'm finally starting to see SOME light at the end of the tunnel. There's also a shift back and forth, but the "mean" movement is in the Aquarian direction.
Unread 05-11-2018, 09:33 PM

If you hope to see a change, you should promote the Golden Rule. A psychopath is incurable, but the Golden Rule should help alleviate evil inspiration in non-psychopaths.

The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Unread 05-11-2018, 09:50 PM

Yes. That's exactly what constitutes an "Age"--a majority of people promoting its Sign-qualities due to the Age Effect in everyone's Chart, but with some few opposing it. It doesn't happen by itself. Our Mind Waves () are in the process of making it happen. The psychopaths are banding together, attempting to stem the tide. But that won't work.
Unread 05-11-2018, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Yes. That's exactly what constitutes an "Age"--a majority of people promoting its Sign-qualities due to the Age Effect in everyone's Chart, but with some few opposing it. It doesn't happen by itself. Our Mind Waves () are in the process of making it happen. The psychopaths are banding together, attempting to stem the tide. But that won't work.
I think what is going on is more Uranus than Aquarius.

Unread 05-11-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Fusion View Post
I think what is going on is more Uranus than Aquarius.
Ouranos (the correct spelling) is becoming enhanced in our Charts because it's the ruler of Aquarius.