Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Spiritual Realm

Spiritual Realm This is the place for deep conversations on the divine, spiritual, esoteric, metaphysical, and arcane in your life.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Unread 11-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Aaronmcc11's Avatar
Aaronmcc11 Aaronmcc11 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 143
Re: Recurring dream portends change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall View Post
I can do that without dreaming. Have you ever studied your face in the mirror long enough to start to not recognize yourself? I do wonder if your "ghosts" might not be other incarnations of you? For myself, if I close my eyes and try to focus on nothing (for me, quite a trick in and of itself, lol) I will always get a series of faces appearing and morphing into other faces. And as I mentioned, most of my dreams have me as someone other than myself.

Random, not astrological (or logical) thinking...maybe these dreams of looking in the mirror and seeing yourself as someone other than who you are used to seeing is your subconscious way of suggesting that you are not reflecting (mirror) or expressing some part of the core of who you really are to the world? Are you perhaps hiding something from yourself and those around you?
I believe that these experiences are related to the fact that I have been "uncovering" and confronting various aspects of myself that are at a very deep level of my subconscious. I have been setting the intention to confront and reveal these presences in my dreams and .. lo and behold it has been working. I have also been simultaneously exposing hidden parts of myself, so there is obviously a connection there.

Now, talking reincarnation..
I definitely believe in reincarnation. It is quite possible that I am seeing people that I have known or have been in past lives. I also believe in the "oversoul" or the universal mind. So it is also possible that these entities are not of past lives but instead, at a certain level, I am connected to them and so I am experiencing these meetings with them in my dreams. It is really impossible to say with certainty WHAT or WHO they are.. whether they have actually been incarnated, or if they are purely archetypes of the dream realm, but I can say with 100% conviction that there is a greater purpose at work regarding them.. I FEEL different after these few, powerful dreams.

__________________
“There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.”
Friedrich Nietzsche

My Chart
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Unread 11-18-2011, 12:24 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 52,777
Re: Recurring dream portends change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronmcc11 View Post
Now, talking reincarnation..
I definitely believe in reincarnation. It is quite possible that I am seeing people that I have known or have been in past lives. I also believe in the "oversoul" or the universal mind. So it is also possible that these entities are not of past lives but instead, at a certain level, I am connected to them and so I am experiencing these meetings with them in my dreams. It is really impossible to say with certainty WHAT or WHO they are.. whether they have actually been incarnated, or if they are purely archetypes of the dream realm, but I can say with 100% conviction that there is a greater purpose at work regarding them.. I FEEL different after these few, powerful dreams.
piercethevale originally posted this link on another thread http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF3Kq...eature=related
and here's one I found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRTBo...eature=related and another http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbWME...eature=related
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Last edited by JUPITERASC; 11-18-2011 at 01:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Unread 12-04-2011, 05:54 AM
R4VEN's Avatar
R4VEN R4VEN is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: under the Southern Cross
Posts: 2,864
Re: Recurring dream portends change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmall View Post
I don't know that, based on my own experiences with tornado dreams, the changes are always rude and unexpected. Maybe, if someone hasn't been paying attention, the changes could be unexpected....

I see them more as something telling me that there is something in my life that needs to be torn down, in order to build something new and more secure/stable (sounds a bit like Saturn transits?) So to me, tornado dreams are about clearing away that which is no longer useful, to make way for that which is...
Just getting back to basics, tsmall.............

You have natal Saturn in the 8th - as have I, and I have had my fair share of tornado/flood/tsunami dreams, I can tell you!! Saturn in the 8th house resists letting go - since the 8th is the house of `letting go' - of control, of desired outcomes, of relationships, etc, etc. Thus, a tornado dream - which is about the air element, rather than the fire or water - will be about what ideas, beliefs, expectations and hopes & dreams you may still have which are about to be turned upside down - probably unexpectedly and violently. As you state in the quote above, what goes from your life has no doubt outlived its usefulness - the dream(s) about new rooms in the house/home are signs that there are new parts of yourself which are waiting to be discovered.

Recurring dreams occur in order for us to sit up and take notice; we should always pay attention to recurring dreams. I was 5 years old when I had my first dream of rolling a car while I was the driver. I'd have this dream every 2 years or so, each time with me driving the car (which changed as my family's car changed) At age 31 I rolled my car, and I haven't had this dream again. Of course, there was the other side of these dreams, which was that of feeling myself to be out of control in my own life; both interpretations were relevant.
__________________

"There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in."
- from Anthem
by Leonard Cohen
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Unread 12-04-2011, 07:58 AM
stainedBlue's Avatar
stainedBlue stainedBlue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Neither here nor there
Posts: 137
Re: Recurring dream portends change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4VEN View Post
Recurring dreams occur in order for us to sit up and take notice; we should always pay attention to recurring dreams.
Agreed. There are several different types of dreams, each with their own relevant messages. In my own experience, recurring dreams have always been my subconscious telling me to take a closer look at something in my life because it needs to be faced. When I've figured out what it is, the dream stops recurring. Follow the symbolism of the dream based on your own concepts to find the answer. Someone else's tornado probably isn't the same as your own tornado.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Unread 12-04-2011, 12:30 PM
tsmall's Avatar
tsmall tsmall is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 3,114
Re: Recurring dream portends change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R4VEN View Post
Just getting back to basics, tsmall.............

You have natal Saturn in the 8th - as have I, and I have had my fair share of tornado/flood/tsunami dreams, I can tell you!! Saturn in the 8th house resists letting go - since the 8th is the house of `letting go' - of control, of desired outcomes, of relationships, etc, etc. Thus, a tornado dream - which is about the air element, rather than the fire or water - will be about what ideas, beliefs, expectations and hopes & dreams you may still have which are about to be turned upside down - probably unexpectedly and violently. As you state in the quote above, what goes from your life has no doubt outlived its usefulness - the dream(s) about new rooms in the house/home are signs that there are new parts of yourself which are waiting to be discovered.

Recurring dreams occur in order for us to sit up and take notice; we should always pay attention to recurring dreams. I was 5 years old when I had my first dream of rolling a car while I was the driver. I'd have this dream every 2 years or so, each time with me driving the car (which changed as my family's car changed) At age 31 I rolled my car, and I haven't had this dream again. Of course, there was the other side of these dreams, which was that of feeling myself to be out of control in my own life; both interpretations were relevant.
R4VEN, this post makes so much sense I smacked myself in the head (one of those "well duh..." moments?)
__________________
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Unread 12-04-2011, 06:01 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,453
Re: Recurring dream portends change?

There is a correlation between dreams and transits. In the early 1990s when I was first learning astrology, I was also involved in a dream workshop lead by a woman with a Ph. D. in counseling and a Jungian diploma The participants had to keep a dream journal, and I began to notice correlations between dream symbolism and transits.

To really do this well, I think you'd have to have a handbook on planetary rulerships, which I didn't at the time. However, Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book (AFA) is pretty good in this regard. He gives Uranus as the ruler of tornadoes. Traditionally, the ruler of most bad and scary things would be Saturn. Maybe Mars, or Mars and Saturn in combination.

[I have to ask: did you love the Wizard of Oz books or the MGM film when you were young?]

In my case, dreams usually relate to those planets of the sub-conscious: the moon and Pluto. Sometimes Neptune is involved. My "natural disaster dreams" ususally involve flooding! You might look at transits of the moon to your natal Uranus.

In astrology, the moon rules one's home.

The leader in the dream workshop was not a fan of dream symbolism handbooks. She said we have to ask, "What does a particular symbol or dream element mean to me?" The other question to ask about dream themes is, "Where do I see this in my everyday life?"

I can imagine, for example, that with 3 children at home, plus your husband and mother--and who knows what else going on in your life-- life seems pretty chaotic. You mentioned on another thread that your family moved frequently when you were young, and that your parents got into scary rows: this must have seemed very disruptive. A dream tornado might be an "efficient" image of the constant uprooting and fear you experienced. As the waking you "stayed beneath the radar" the dreaming you came up with images to process your experiences.

Also, even when our adult lives move on, sometimes our psyches haven't completely digested troubling childhood experiences, so they can come back in our dreams for years later.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 12-04-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Unread 12-04-2011, 06:10 PM
Rebel Uranian's Avatar
Rebel Uranian Rebel Uranian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: My natural habitat
Posts: 2,090
Re: Recurring dream portends change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
The leader in the dream workshop was not a fan of dream symbolism handbooks. She said we have to ask, "What does a particular symbol or dream element mean to me?" The other question to ask about dream themes is, "Where do I see this in my everyday life?"
That's great advice. A lot of the stuff I see about symbolism when I try dream interpretation is like "...What?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
To really do this well, I think you'd have to have a handbook on planetary rulerships, which I didn't at the time. However, Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book (AFA) is pretty good in this regard. He gives Uranus as the ruler of tornadoes. Traditionally, the ruler of most bad and scary things would be Saturn. Maybe Mars, or Mars and Saturn in combination.
If you're going to use Uranus, don't forget Pluto since it's like Mars.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Unread 12-05-2011, 02:08 AM
tsmall's Avatar
tsmall tsmall is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 3,114
Re: Recurring dream portends change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Uranian View Post
That's great advice. A lot of the stuff I see about symbolism when I try dream interpretation is like "...What?"



If you're going to use Uranus, don't forget Pluto since it's like Mars.
Rebel Uranian (do you have shortcut you prefer? Reb? Rebel?) I <think?> waybread was pointing out Uranus personally for me, based on other threads. You are totally right though. Most of what I read in dream interpretation books/websites leaves me like "Seriously...What??"
__________________
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Unread 12-05-2011, 02:26 AM
tsmall's Avatar
tsmall tsmall is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 3,114
Re: Recurring dream portends change?

waybread, I absolutely agree with you that dream interpretation needs to be personal, and I think stainedBlue had it on the nose with

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainedBlue View Post
Someone else's tornado probably isn't the same as your own tornado.
I watched Oz once a year, like everyone else I knew (on a b/w tv with rabbit ears and only three channels, lol) but mostly remember the flying monkey scene as the one that fascinated me. Though without re-viewing, I am now wondering if the pattern of take off didn't resemble a funnel cloud??

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Also, even when our adult lives move on, sometimes our psyches haven't completely digested troubling childhood experiences, so they can come back in our dreams for years later.
So true! I haven't had it for a while, but several times--ususally when I am feeling insecure or "out of control"--I have dreamed about returning to college, living in the same dorm, and the anxiety always surrounds not being able to find my way, not remembering where things were supposed to go..it's right up there with the "I can't get into my high school locker to get the homework that oops I didn't do" dreams...or the ones where all your teeth shatter and fall out of your mouth. All about feeling insecure in our lives? For many years after my divorce from my "student" marriage (at 19) I dreamed of returning to the house in Spokane in which we lived. Every time I had the dream, the house was more deteriorated than the last time...holes in the roof, holes in the walls, stairways collapsing..until finally I stopped having the dream.
__________________
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Unread 12-05-2011, 05:46 AM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,453
Re: Recurring dream portends change?

Right! With the Oz question, I was thinking of the tornado that took Dorothy from Kansas to Oz.

Pluto is associated with decay and deterioration of various kinds.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Unread 12-05-2011, 09:27 AM
piercethevale's Avatar
piercethevale piercethevale is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alta California
Posts: 8,332
Re: Recurring dream portends change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Right! With the Oz question, I was thinking of the tornado that took Dorothy from Kansas to Oz.

Pluto is associated with decay and deterioration of various kinds.
Am I going to have to do a Chris Crocker impersonation here...?....Leave Pluto Alone...!


...in the most malefic sense yes...but as a Rudhyarian modernist I see only opportunity for the 'positive' growth potential...and the opp. being that of 'Transformation'.

Uranus IS change...but change in order to communicate [possibly to educate, in some instances]...bring a higher understanding and awareness of the life situation and as cause for one to consider all, 'That Was', previous in respect to that 'Change'.
__________________
You Are A Divine Creation Of The Universe

Last edited by piercethevale; 12-05-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Unread 12-05-2011, 06:26 PM
waybread's Avatar
waybread waybread is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: A class M planet near you
Posts: 14,453
Re: Recurring dream portends change?

piercethevale, I stated a simple fact focused on tsmall's dream images of deterioration. For a traditional astrologer, we would substitute Saturn. Is Pluto more than decay and deterioration? Of course.

One book I highly recommend for anyone interested in the transformative nature of Pluto is Steven Forrest, The Book of Pluto. I don't recommend Jeffrey Greene's books on Pluto-- they are based more on his feelings and intuition than sound astrology.

Hard Pluto transits to personal planets can be brutal, but ideally they work by clearing out what is metaphorically dead or dying in our lives so that new growth can take place.

When I kept a dream journal, images of decay and deterioration related strongly to transiting Pluto. It was interesting that I had a lot of images of decaying old warehouses, slums, grungy house interiors, and so on when Pluto was in Scorpio. The day that Pluto transited into Sagittarius, I had a dream image of a deteriorating old ocean-going ship. Cosmic, huh?

Pluto operates on both the conscious and sub-conscious level. In its latter capacity it is well worth tracing in dreams through its astrological symbolism via its rulerships.
__________________
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:59 PM
piercethevale's Avatar
piercethevale piercethevale is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alta California
Posts: 8,332
Re: Recurring dream portends change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
piercethevale, I stated a simple fact focused on tsmall's dream images of deterioration. For a traditional astrologer, we would substitute Saturn. Is Pluto more than decay and deterioration? Of course.
Ah...so, I see...my bad! [had I read ALL of the prior post I would have caught that...]
__________________
You Are A Divine Creation Of The Universe
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Unread 12-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Rebel Uranian's Avatar
Rebel Uranian Rebel Uranian is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: My natural habitat
Posts: 2,090
Re: Recurring dream portends change?

General dream interpretation opinion:
A monster is chasing you.
When you turn around and see the terrifying brute, that's Mars.
When you turn around and see nothing, that's Saturn.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help with a recurring dream tee_jay66 Spiritual Realm 14 10-25-2011 07:48 PM
help with a recurring dream tee_jay66 Spiritual Realm 9 05-04-2011 11:36 AM
Dream of my second sister Squapius Spiritual Realm 2 07-17-2009 12:41 AM
Disturbing reoccuring dream needing resolution 4leafclovah Karmic Astrology 9 12-31-2008 12:59 AM



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.