Another look at the 12th house

R4VEN

OrcinusOrca, your tales of being someone other than yourself are very interesting - but I think that particular ability may involve the trine that your Venus-Mars conjunction forms with Uranus in Sag. Uranus brings in the ability to express yourself from your unconscious (i.e. 12th house), but in a unique way. With Uranus being in the 8th house your connections with others can be quite psychic.

My son has an abilty, also, to become what others need him to be - quite unconsciously - but I attribute this to his Mars in the 12th in Libra. A Libran Mars (which I also have) can render one quite undefined around who they are and how they go about things, and `the other' tends to define them.

This is different to what you were describing, which sounds like it's a deliberate form of creative expression.

Seymour

This is an interesting discussion. I have My Moon in Aries in the 12th House...And the It Squares Both Uranus and Neptune...Moon in this house could mean, as I've read before, a tendence to hide feelings, generally...Am I correct? Anyways , talking about me, I Have strong emotions, very sensitive and understanding about the other's feelings but Just hard time when trying to express mine...I feel pretty uncomfortable in those situations...

Yes Uranus and Neptune squaring the moon in the 12th would tend to make the moon extremely so.
Strong Uranus and Neptune aspects tend to make people feel alien somehow. You are in good company though... astrologers have strong Uranus and Neptune aspects...that includes me :)

Damo Mayo

I have always felt that Jupiter in the 12th is an excellent placement because it acts as a guardian angel and good luck charm, protecting from hidden danger. This was confirmed this evening in blood-chilling fashion. My partner has Jupiter in Aries in his 12th. Earlier this evening he told me for the first time that he should have been on board the Marchioness pleasure boat that crashed into another boat and sank on the River Thames 20 years ago today (20/08/1989). 51 people drowned, including 3 of his friends, but he was late, missed the boat and was left on the river bank, watching it move away to what turned out to be its doom.

Ebenia

I do extremely need my sleep! I have in the 12th Jupiter, Venus and probably Mercury (this is the factor that changes in my chart with an earlier or later time). I sleep very deeply and have always have the impression that a lot is going on while asleep, maybe because of the few times I can recall a bit. :)

I have Jupiter and Venus in my 12th and I need a LOT of sleep. Say, 9 hours is usually good. But I love to wake up early, so I usually cut my day early and go to bed in 9-10pm - yeah, and I am a young adult. :lol: I'm also noted for speaking while sleeping and I have noticed that I seem to put lights on in the middle of the night in my appartment. So apparantely I have a very wild and restless nights without my self knowing it. :biggrin:

Timshel

I don't want to open new topic about the 12 house, so I would post my question here. It concerns people with 12-house suns. Do you feel like showing people different faces, if I can call it in this way? I mean playing roles, misleading them about your true nature? Maybe it depends on other factors in the chart, but still I come to associate it with this. I've been thinking about it for quite long, because in my case I tend to need security and I find it in keeping secrets about myself. I am not the trusting type which I think alienates me from the others. Seems like a typical 12-house sun trait, but I don't like it. I want to be more open with people, but something stops me. So, has anyone felt in this way?

Here's my chart:

Attachments

• astro_2gw_58_anonymous_he_65648_28911.gif
    astro_2gw_58_anonymous_he_65648_28911.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 26

aquaphiliac

I don't want to open new topic about the 12 house, so I would post my question here. It concerns people with 12-house suns. Do you feel like showing people different faces, if I can call it in this way? I mean playing roles, misleading them about your true nature? Maybe it depends on other factors in the chart, but still I come to associate it with this. I've been thinking about it for quite long, because in my case I tend to need security and I find it in keeping secrets about myself. I am not the trusting type which I think alienates me from the others. Seems like a typical 12-house sun trait, but I don't like it. I want to be more open with people, but something stops me. So, has anyone felt in this way?

Both of my brothers have their suns in the 12th house. One has sun, moon, & mercury in gemini & the other one has sun, chiron, & mercury in scorpio.

From what I can tell, they both put up a sort of front to the public & value keeping deeper/private matters to themselves & limit it to the comforts of close loved ones, or at least between us 3. I can tell they also keep certain things to themselves alone.

I myself have chiron in cancer, & jupiter, & my southnode in leo in the 12th. I think it's safe to say that people w/ planets in the 12th house somehow feel disconnected from the world & flourish in "our own world".

kanshu

I have a busy 12th house with a stellium of four planets--the Moon, Mars, Uranus and Pluto. So, if anybody wants to know how a person behaves with these planets in the 12th, I'm a good specimen.

Incidentally, the stellium is in opposition to Saturn in the 6th and square to another stellium of three (the Sun, Mercury and Jupiter) in the 9th forming a T-square pattern.

blacksun?

Fascinating article takeout in the OP. I think it's absolutely true, though nothing ever pointed me in this direction before, until I saw Obama's chart with Jupiter and Saturn in the 12th.

Mohammed Ali has Pluto, Chiron and part of fortune there. Einstein has Pluto in 12 as well, and considering his contribution to the atomic project during the time of Pluto's discovery that's pretty significant...

Franklin Delano Roosevelt had Uranus in the 12th trined by a massive of Saturn, Jupiter, and Neptune in the 8th - here was a man at the pinnacle of responsibility, idealistic outlook and imagination having to do with death and regeneration concentrated on the drive for individual rights and freedom.

I looked at Bill Gates chart next - no, he just has a Jupiter/Pluto conjunction in the house of personal resources right on the royal star Regulus with a biquintile to his midheaven... ****! But that's disgressing. Hitler's Uranus is also in the 12th, like FDR's - let me look at Stalin... he has the Sun and Venus there. Berlusconi, with his media empire, has Neptune in XII... a 80% hit ratio so far for big impact and a significant 12th house. Hillary Clinton also has Uranus in 12.... seems a placement of militant politicians. Wow, Bill Clinton has Mars/Neptune and Venus there. This all is definitely above the threshold of significance. The 12th house kicks three little six pointed stars!

Last edited: