Saturn in the natal chart

Summery Joy

Obviously, the whole natal chart works together to provide a picture of the health of the native. But I have been wondering if the placement of Saturn could mean something on its own; medically, that is. I have it in Virgo in the 4th house. What could that mean (if anything)?

Frisiangal

Hi,
In terms of medical astrology there is a theory that Saturn can but not necessarily does represent the 'weak spot' of the body. This is because it rules the outer skin, which is the limits of the physical body. The skin is the final physical layer that should protect the individual from outer forces. Saturn also rules the skeleton, the casing which protects the organs that allow one to function.
Saturn functions as the limits of physical endurance in the manifested world....the 'this far and no further.' This can work either positively or negatively, with or without aspects to the outer planets that bring about change from the old and out-dated Saturnal structures. It's when Saturn has difficulty with any kind of change that it can crystalise and harden. Its energy can work inwards and the the body can develop physical issues of the sign....and even degree... it is in/on, which might even become chronic of nature. Saturn's 'weak spot' in Virgo would coincide with the digestive,
small intestines and pancreatic systems, as well as dermatological skin complaints.
The 4th house is associated with family inheritance, which could also relate to physical disorders.

As you rightly state, the whole chart should work together. Other factors might be more dominant, yet once Saturn does not work as is its intent, the first signs of the break down of the physical structure of the body can occur.

ScorpioCrow

I have Saturn in Aries in the 3rd house. When I was a kid I had these awful colds & breathing problems. I snored so loudly, I remember one time I woke myself up! :)

Is there a link between an afflicted Saturn in Aries and mental illness (Aries ruling the head)? I wonder sometimes... However, I'm a great example of difficulty being bold and straightforward (Aries) in communication (3rd house). I used to have THE HARDEST time telling my crushes I liked them back in grade school...

Frisiangal

I have Saturn in Aries in the 3rd house. When I was a kid I had these awful colds & breathing problems. I snored so loudly, I remember one time I woke myself up! :)

Is there a link between an afflicted Saturn in Aries and mental illness (Aries ruling the head)? I wonder sometimes... However, I'm a great example of difficulty being bold and straightforward (Aries) in communication (3rd house). I used to have THE HARDEST time telling my crushes I liked them back in grade school...

I'd think that might be too simply put, although the thought is by no means wrong.
Saturn can provide good concentration qualities which can actually help a (b)rash, hasty, quarrelsome Aries quality that might otherwise act first without any serious thought of the consequences. It can give form to, and establish Aries concepts and ideas. Or, as you say, it could actively hold one back from taking action to do and achieve anything.
Saturn in the air associated 3rd house can show a tendency towards mental depression when harshly aspected. It might stifle the Aries spirit. Yet other chart factors would have to be taken into consideration as well, especially the rising sign (personality and constitution), which could fall in one of Saturn's two rulerships.
Medically speaking a harsh Saturn in Aries could find an involvement in anything of an Arian(region) and/or Saturn(functional) nature, or be a contributing factor in a health situation from another planet with which it is aspected.

desperateneptune

saturn in the 4th, 28 degrees leo without any major aspects. i ve never been sick in my whole life till saturn crossed my 6th house when i started getting any affliction possible....sun mercury uranus there... so it has to do with the whole chart obviously. the 4th house shows conditions towards the end of life so maybe the affliction signified by it is not about general health, but about the weak point which eventually will get us into trouble

Noel Eastwood

Premium Member
Some good comments here Summer Joy, and I think you have already said it, take the entire chart into consideration when you look for health indicators in your chart.

Health points in your chart will be much easier to locate during Transits, minor and major transits will both help you better understand particular health strengths and weaknesses.

Saturn in a House, a sign and in aspect to other planets is something that astrologers for years have studied and debated. Take the time to look at all factors in your chart, and include Saturn, that may be really the best thing to do.

Noel Eastwood

Premium Member
How about the Saturn in the 6 house in Sagitarius?

Izzy, Saturn in the 6th House of health? In Sag? Can't be that bad if nicely aspected. I have no idea what else is in your chart so I would hesitate to offer advice.

But having said that and its almost home time so I can visit my favourite forum, basically Saturn solidifies what the House represents or rules. Saturn is organisation, structure and so we look at our bones and skeleton for that in the body. Bones and skeletons add structure to our body, they old us upright and give us shape, Saturn qualities.

What we worry about in Health is the other qualities of Saturn. Psychologically he can be depression, or sadness, or physically he can be structural illness, but then, EVERY planet can be illness if poorly aspected in the natal chart or triggered by transit.

If I had Saturn in my 6th House I wouldn't worry too much, it could be a positive motivator to structure your healthy living. In fact, we could say Saturn in the 6th House in Sagittarius suggests that he motivates you to exercise.

Saturn in the 4th in Virgo, for Summer Joy, suggests that your home life and your childhood are structured and ordered, you love to serve your family and your children. Negatively your childhood was excessively structured and discipline ruled. You had to clean your plate before you left the table, and remove your shoes before entering the house.

Every planet has a good side and a bad side, we always consider them as part of the whole chart, not singularly like I just did.

Saturn isn't always bad, he is often set up with bad press yet he doesn't always deserve it.