Da Vinci Code – Is Any Of It Fact?

JUPITERASC

Hi Monk,
However, for the sake of argument,
I will grant you that Jesus Christ was born on the date
that corresponds to January 5
and that Sirius was rising as the Sun was setting.
What does this mean?
What benefit do you derive from this?
Petosiris,
For me it is about ancient civilizations, far past, beyond the Bible.

The benefit for me is that it is rather comforting,
to feel that the time keepers, the watchers, the Cosmos, God, goes on
infinitely, repetitively, through the Ages, over and over and over.
The Cosmos gifted us the tools to use, and be with and know “it”
by studying the myths that repeat,
the Cosmos wants to share,
what some of humankind, would prefer us fear
and not be a part of “its” glory.
It makes me all warm and fuzzy.
I hope your belief choice
gives you the same satisfaction that, mine gives me.
I speak for myself,
I expect no one to believe in anything but what they choose to.
It is personal, it can’t be forced or feared.
Thanks Monk :smile:

Thanks for the on topic links,
it is interesting to see how many worldwide myths there are.
All pointing us in the same direction.
Keepers of time, through myth,
ensuring by oral tradition can be carried on.
There are those that will use the myths for their own gain.

And those that will give their pearls to swine.
That, it would seem will never change.
Quite

petosiris

Banned
Petosiris,

For me it is about ancient civilizations, far past, beyond the Bible. The benefit for me is that it is rather comforting, to feel that the time keepers, the watchers, the Cosmos, God, goes on infinitely, repetitively, through the Ages, over and over and over.

The Cosmos gifted us the tools to use, and be with and know “it” by studying the myths that repeat, the Cosmos wants to share, what some of humankind, would prefer us fear and not be a part of “its” glory.

It makes me all warm and fuzzy.

I hope your belief choice gives you the same satisfaction that, mine gives me.

I speak for myself, I expect no one to believe in anything but what they choose to.

It is personal, it can’t be forced or feared.

It sounds as an impersonal and a cold belief to me.
I prefer to believe in a personal and consuming fire.
You are right that a person can't be forced to believe.

The same is true for the only-begotten Son of God.
For if we died together, we also shall live together,
if we do endure together, we shall also reign together;
if we deny him, he also shall deny us;
if we are not steadfast, he remaineth steadfast;
to deny himself he is not able.

That is his faithful word.

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Siriusly, don't believe every claim about a person. Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly. I quoted what the man himself wrote. Stop slandering him with your anti-Christian deceptions, just as you slandered and blasphemed Jesus Christ.

Of course, Newton was an alchemist. He was Master of the Mint and responsible for overseeing possible forgeries which required great expertise in the chemistry of the time. There is nothing adversarial or occultic in the modern sense of the word about corpuscular chemistry and doubting a man-made creed.

Just as some parts of what people call astrology are definitely forbidden by the Bible, but others aren't, the same is true for what people call alchemy.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Siriusly, don't believe every claim about a person.
Stop judging by mere appearances,

but instead judge correctly.
g5bjack1i5d31.jpg

petosiris

Banned
Misquoted and also out of context.

Talking about coin, here is a saying of Jesus Christ not found in the canon - ''Be skillful money-changers.''

petosiris

Banned

Monk, can you comment on some of the following quotes from Sir Isaac Newton who is recognized as one of the most influential scientists of all time, at least in relation to your assertion that he was a student of Cabbalism.

''This most beautiful System of the Sun, Planets and Comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful being. And if the fixed Stars are the centers of other like systems, these being form'd by the like wise counsel, must be all subject to the dominion of One; especially, since the light of the fixed Stars is of the same nature with the light of the Sun, and from every system light passes into all the other systems. And lest the systems of the fixed Stars should, by their gravity, fall on each other mutually, he hath placed those Systems at immense distances one from another...'' - http://www.newtonproject.ox.ac.uk/vi...ized/NATP00056

''This Being governs all things, not as the soul of the world, but as Lord over all: And on account of his dominion he is wont to be called Lord God παντοκράτωρ, or Universal Ruler. For God is a relative word, and has a respect to servants; and Deity is the dominion of God not over his own body, as those imagine who fancy God to be the soul of the world, but over servants. The supreme God is a Being eternal, infinite, absolutely perfect; but a being, however perfect, without dominion, cannot be said to be Lord God; for we say, my God, your God, the God of Israel, the God of Gods, and Lord of Lords; but we do not say, my Eternal, your Eternal, the Eternal of Israel, the Eternal of Gods; we do not say, my Infinite, or my Perfect: These are titles which have no respect to servants. The word God usually signifies Lord; but every lord is not a God. It is the dominion of a spiritual being which constitutes a God; a true, supreme or imaginary dominion makes a true, supreme or imaginary God. And from his true dominion it follows, that the true God is a Living, Intelligent, and Powerful Being; and from his other perfections, that he is Supreme, or most Perfect.'' - Newton 1968, Principles, vol. 2, p. 389.

[[20r]] For there were certain principles of religion preached by the Apostles from the beginning, & in which all men were to be instructed before baptism by catechizing them, & there were many other truths which they were to learn after baptism by studying the scriptures to the end of their lives. The Principles the Apostle compares to milk to be given to babes, the other truths to strong meat which belongeth to men of full age .... (MS. Bodmer, Ch. 2, p. 20),6 Newton goes on to tell us that these "Milk" doctrines are "repentance from dead works, faith in God, Baptism, laying on of hands, & the doctrine of the resurrection & day of judgment...." (MS. Bodmer, Ch. 2, p. 20) 77 - quoted from Goldish, M. (2013). Judaism in the theology of Sir Isaac Newton (Vol. 157). Springer Science & Business Media.

''And I think it is not to be doubted but that the hereticks of the circumcision who before their conversion were instructed in the Jewish Cabbala and other fabulous traditions of that nation, would borrow some opinions from thence. For the Apostle in opposition to the first heresies admonishes the Christians not to give heed to Jewish fables endless geneologies & oppositions of science falsly so called [[1 Timothy 6:20]] .... (Yahuda MS. 15.3, p. 53r)

By Jewish fables he means the fables delivered down by tradition among the Jews in their Cabbala, by endless genealogies, the genealogies of the Sephiroths & separate intelligencies in those
fable[] which may be multiplied to infmity, & by oppositions of science falsely so called the disputes of the Gnosticks & contentions which were apt to arise amongst those who pretended to skill & understanding in this sort of Theology falsely called science. These hereticks & their disciples from their boasting of knowledge were called Gnosticks, & gloried in the name. (Yahuda MS. 15.7, p. 1l0r)26'' - ibid.

''They err therefore saith Irenaeus in ascribing to God the affections & passions of men & making him a compound. For God is not as man nor are his thoughts like ours. He is simple & not compound. He is all like & equal to himself all sense all spirit all perception all Ennaea all Logos, all ear, all eye all light. He is all sense which cannot be separated from it self, nor is there any thing in him wch can be emitted from any thing else. Thus does Irenaeus represent & confute the Metaphysicks of the Gnosticks. (Yahuda MS. 15.7, p. 128r)'' - ibid.

The ancient heresies consisted chiefly in certain cabbalistical & heathen opinions superstitions & impieties web some converted Jews & Gentiles had imbibed before their conversion & would not relinquish but mixed with the Christian religion. And the chief of those opinions was that all things came from one first Being by emanation, emission, dilatation or projection of substance & were animated by him & returned into him: & that all the Gods were either parts or powers of the Supreme God & by unity of substance were but one God; & that the chief of them were begotten of the supreme God & of one another successively before the world began or at least before the flood. For these were the opinions of the ancient Egyptians, Phoenicians, Greeks <& Cabbalists> & is the opinion of the Indian Brachmans to this day. (MS. Bodmer, Ch. 4, p.lr.)

From this opinion [[emanation]] came the metaphysical philosophy of the heathens about the origin of the world the generation & nature of the Gods & the transmigration of souls. And this doctrine of Daemons [[!]] was as old as the Idolatry of the heathens. For their Idolatry was grounded upon it. And therefore Moses to prevent the spreading of this sort of Philosophy among the Israelites wrote the history of the creation of the world in a very different manner from the Cosmogenies of the heathens, attributing the production of all things to the immediate will of the supreme God. Yet the Israelites by conversing with the heathens frequently lapsed into the worship of their Gods & by consequence received their Theology until they were captivated for these transgressions. And afterwards by conversing wth the <Babylonians> Chaldaeans <Assyrians, Egyptians & Persians> Egyptians & Greeks they imbibed their metaphysical Theology as is manifest by the Cabala ofy· Jews web consists chiefly in describing how the first Being ... emitted ten gradual subordinate emanations .... (Yahuda MS. 15.7, p. 137r)20

petosiris

Banned
You have made so many false claims in this thread, I have undisputedly corrected you on so many points, yet you are so hardened and blinded by the devil, that you refuse to see and love the truth. You keep heaping misdirections one upon another.

JUPITERASC

Monk, can you comment on some of the following quotes from Sir Isaac Newton who is recognized as one of the most influential scientists of all time, at least in relation to your assertion that he was a student of Cabbalism.

''This most beautiful System of the Sun, Planets and Comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent and powerful being. And if the fixed Stars are the centers of other like systems, these being form'd by the like wise counsel, must be all subject to the dominion of One; especially, since the light of the fixed Stars is of the same nature with the light of the Sun, and from every system light passes into all the other systems. And lest the systems of the fixed Stars should, by their gravity, fall on each other mutually, he hath placed those Systems at immense distances one from another...'' - http://www.newtonproject.ox.ac.uk/vi...ized/NATP00056

''This Being governs all things, not as the soul of the world, but as Lord over all: And on account of his dominion he is wont to be called Lord God παντοκράτωρ, or Universal Ruler. For God is a relative word, and has a respect to servants; and Deity is the dominion of God not over his own body, as those imagine who fancy God to be the soul of the world, but over servants. The supreme God is a Being eternal, infinite, absolutely perfect; but a being, however perfect, without dominion, cannot be said to be Lord God; for we say, my God, your God, the God of Israel, the God of Gods, and Lord of Lords; but we do not say, my Eternal, your Eternal, the Eternal of Israel, the Eternal of Gods; we do not say, my Infinite, or my Perfect: These are titles which have no respect to servants. The word God usually signifies Lord; but every lord is not a God. It is the dominion of a spiritual being which constitutes a God; a true, supreme or imaginary dominion makes a true, supreme or imaginary God. And from his true dominion it follows, that the true God is a Living, Intelligent, and Powerful Being; and from his other perfections, that he is Supreme, or most Perfect.'' - Newton 1968, Principles, vol. 2, p. 389.

[[20r]] For there were certain principles of religion preached by the Apostles from the beginning, & in which all men were to be instructed before baptism by catechizing them, & there were many other truths which they were to learn after baptism by studying the scriptures to the end of their lives. The Principles the Apostle compares to milk to be given to babes, the other truths to strong meat which belongeth to men of full age .... (MS. Bodmer, Ch. 2, p. 20),6 Newton goes on to tell us that these "Milk" doctrines are "repentance from dead works, faith in God, Baptism, laying on of hands, & the doctrine of the resurrection & day of judgment...." (MS. Bodmer, Ch. 2, p. 20) 77 - quoted from Goldish, M. (2013). Judaism in the theology of Sir Isaac Newton (Vol. 157). Springer Science & Business Media.

''And I think it is not to be doubted but that the hereticks of the circumcision who before their conversion were instructed in the Jewish Cabbala and other fabulous traditions of that nation, would borrow some opinions from thence. For the Apostle in opposition to the first heresies admonishes the Christians not to give heed to Jewish fables endless geneologies & oppositions of science falsly so called [[1 Timothy 6:20]] .... (Yahuda MS. 15.3, p. 53r)

By Jewish fables he means the fables delivered down by tradition among the Jews in their Cabbala, by endless genealogies, the genealogies of the Sephiroths & separate intelligencies in those
fable[] which may be multiplied to infmity, & by oppositions of science falsely so called the disputes of the Gnosticks & contentions which were apt to arise amongst those who pretended to skill & understanding in this sort of Theology falsely called science. These hereticks & their disciples from their boasting of knowledge were called Gnosticks, & gloried in the name. (Yahuda MS. 15.7, p. 1l0r)26'' - ibid.

''They err therefore saith Irenaeus in ascribing to God the affections & passions of men & making him a compound. For God is not as man nor are his thoughts like ours. He is simple & not compound. He is all like & equal to himself all sense all spirit all perception all Ennaea all Logos, all ear, all eye all light. He is all sense which cannot be separated from it self, nor is there any thing in him wch can be emitted from any thing else. Thus does Irenaeus represent & confute the Metaphysicks of the Gnosticks. (Yahuda MS. 15.7, p. 128r)'' - ibid.

The ancient heresies consisted chiefly in certain cabbalistical & heathen opinions superstitions & impieties web some converted Jews & Gentiles had imbibed before their conversion & would not relinquish but mixed with the Christian religion. And the chief of those opinions was that all things came from one first Being by emanation, emission, dilatation or projection of substance & were animated by him & returned into him: & that all the Gods were either parts or powers of the Supreme God & by unity of substance were but one God; & that the chief of them were begotten of the supreme God & of one another successively before the world began or at least before the flood. For these were the opinions of the ancient Egyptians, Phoenicians, Greeks <& Cabbalists> & is the opinion of the Indian Brachmans to this day. (MS. Bodmer, Ch. 4, p.lr.)

From this opinion [[emanation]] came the metaphysical philosophy of the heathens about the origin of the world the generation & nature of the Gods & the transmigration of souls. And this doctrine of Daemons [[!]] was as old as the Idolatry of the heathens. For their Idolatry was grounded upon it. And therefore Moses to prevent the spreading of this sort of Philosophy among the Israelites wrote the history of the creation of the world in a very different manner from the Cosmogenies of the heathens, attributing the production of all things to the immediate will of the supreme God. Yet the Israelites by conversing with the heathens frequently lapsed into the worship of their Gods & by consequence received their Theology until they were captivated for these transgressions. And afterwards by conversing wth the <Babylonians> Chaldaeans <Assyrians, Egyptians & Persians> Egyptians & Greeks they imbibed their metaphysical Theology as is manifest by the Cabala ofy· Jews web consists chiefly in describing how the first Being ... emitted ten gradual subordinate emanations .... (Yahuda MS. 15.7, p. 137r)20

Hi Petosiris,
I am not part of any denomination currently

though I have been in the past for a few years.
I said I want to be part of the congregation of Christ
according to the scriptures.

Perhaps you need to start your own church,

it is fairly easy,
claim you have had a vision on day that is aligned to Sirius
or Alnilam.
Please see 7th January 1934 below in Eugene, Oregon:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Communion_International

Ancient Greek day marker being previous sunset to 7th January 1934
as Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris star rises
graph on private members download.

I'm not keen on your belief of speaking in tongues that is gibberish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SkLKJwzRlU
excellent idea

Hi Petosiris,
I'm being respectful,
but in your faith do you believe in "Speaking in Tongues" in your church?
I leave viewers to make up their own minds over this without comment,
on video below:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Ep0WHAsIY
I believe that God the Father doesn't have a form
i.e.
is formless :smile:
He also says that true worshippers worship the only God,

who is incorporeal,

in the Holy Spirit and the Truth,
not with forms and idols.
you also said :smile:
I don't understand.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob

doesn't have a form.

31-planes-of-existence.003.jpg

. I quoted what the man himself wrote. Stop slandering him with your anti-Christian deceptions, just as you slandered and blasphemed Jesus Christ.

Of course, Newton was an alchemist. He was Master of the Mint and responsible for overseeing possible forgeries which required great expertise in the chemistry of the time. There is nothing adversarial or occultic in the modern sense of the word about corpuscular chemistry and doubting a man-made creed.

Just as some parts of what people call astrology are definitely forbidden by the Bible, but others aren't, the same is true for what people call alchemy.
Siriusly fact check
religion has strong Egyptian links :smile:
What is the evidence for it?

tumblr_p6jdjvlrDJ1w29u9yo1_400.jpg

evidence for the Egyptian link is obvious :smile:

R1n27.jpg

The Torah was given neither in the age of Taurus as you previously said, nor in the age of Pisces as you now say, but in the age of Aries.
Jesus Christ according to the true gospels is simply the end of the law.

Your astrology does not match reality.
main-qimg-5b27e71d8dc17d0ff8299b8e4699e357

Misquoted and also out of context.
Talking about coin, here is a saying of Jesus Christ not found in the canon

- ''Be skillful money-changers.''
Perhaps you need to start your own church....

petosiris

Banned
A very ignorant statement made by someone committing several logical fallacies in a specific order.

1. Believing the pseudoscientific idea of non-overlapping magisteria.
2. Committing to the naturalistic fallacy to excuse most sinful deeds.
3. Peddling Eastern nihilistic beliefs against God and the soul as truth.

JUPITERASC

A very ignorant statement

made by someone committing several logical fallacies in a specific order.

1. Believing the pseudoscientific idea of non-overlapping magisteria.
2. Committing to the naturalistic fallacy to excuse most sinful deeds.
3. Peddling Eastern nihilistic beliefs against God and the soul as truth.
You have made so many false claims in this thread,
I have

undisputedly corrected you
on so many points, yet
you are so hardened and blinded by
the devil,
Siriusly :smile:

quote-if-your-hate-could-be-turned-into-electricity-it-would-light-up-the-whole-world-nikola-tesla-48-76-75.jpg

that you refuse to see and love the truth.
You keep heaping misdirections one upon another.
EaEawohXYAAWkm0.jpg

JUPITERASC

Hi Monk :smile:
There are some Siriusly funny ideas
such as
the belief that morality is something made up by religious people.
Morality is not merely a religious idea :smile:
it is not some philosophical creation.
Morality is about nature

JUPITERASC

Hi Opal,
Yes i have heard of Prince Hall Masons.
They are affiliated with "The Order of the Eastern Star"
On 1st December 1874, Queen Esther Chapter was opened in Washington DC, As the Sun rose, Sirius was setting:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Eastern_Star

Astronomy paran graph below:-
Thanks Monk :smile:

For there were certain principles of religion
preached by the Apostles from the beginning
& in which all men were to be instructed
before baptism by catechizing them
& there were many other truths
which they were to learn after baptism
by studying the scriptures to the end of their lives.

Monk

Premium Member
Behold Petosiris,
Strange human without a church, i am the Devil, i have my eye on you, i will keep you nice and warm in the winter!
Did you not guess that i had the mark of Satan (stifled giggle)
Graph below:-

Attachments

• picture 220 40% (2).png
    picture 220 40% (2).png
    523.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

david starling

Behold Petosiris,
Strange human without a church, i am the Devil, i have my eye on you, i will keep you nice and warm in the winter!
Did you not guess that i had the mark of Satan (stifled giggle)
Graph below:-

You have my sympathy!

Wait....the Devil giggles???