Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Hot topic arena

Hot topic arena As the title suggest, this sub-board is dedicated to non-astrological talks on interesting, important or controversial topics.

Unread 04-15-2020, 09:14 PM

Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
I have 4 Dali prints hanging around. And yet I did not know when I bought it, that it was Dali. It is very Dali in retrospect.

Thank you UK and Hkk, and Passiflora!

Many moons ago I had a huge coffee table print book of the Dali paintings, but gave it away to Goodwill finally.
Some of his work just turned me off!

I kept 2 of my prints I bought when we were first married, they were huge ones so I had them professionally framed then.
But somehow, my eldest daughter "lost" one I loaned her along with furniture years ago. She always manages to just lose my things

It was the one of Jesus on the Cross.

the other I retained, its the Last Supper, perhaps 4 feet wide by 3 feet tall.
I loved those two in particular.

Kind of neat lips for a perfume bottle, lol

The Following User Says Thank You to leomoon For This Useful Post:
Opal (04-15-2020)
Unread 04-15-2020, 09:14 PM

You must like the surrealist style. Daliís paintings are interesting. Time moving backwards and on a beach one comes to mind. More interesting now Iím aware of the concepts of time changing in different dimensions.
Unread 04-15-2020, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post
Many moons ago I had a huge coffee table print book of the Dali paintings, but gave it away to Goodwill finally.
Some of his work just turned me off!

I kept 2 of my prints I bought when we were first married, they were huge ones so I had them professionally framed then.
But somehow, my eldest daughter "lost" one I loaned her along with furniture years ago. She always manages to just lose my things

It was the one of Jesus on the Cross.

the other I retained, its the Last Supper, perhaps 4 feet wide by 3 feet tall.
I loved those two in particular.

Kind of neat lips for a perfume bottle, lol
I have a beautiful print of The Last Supper from The Vatican. Bought it for $10 framed at a yard sale. The lady thanked me for not trying to talk her down. It is fabulous.

Yes, I was very surprised and shocked that it opened, and that it contained poison. I never would have bought it, but, I have had it for over 10 years, and never smelled it.
Unread 04-15-2020, 09:28 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
367 ◊ 500

For Hkk and UKpoohbear

I did not know it was perfume when I bought it. I didn't know it opened either. I googled the description, and found out what it was.

Passiflora, I think it is the only thing in my house with scent. It is in a spot, that I can see it, and others don't even notice it. I have too many other things that stand out to their eyes. I can pick it up and I can't smell it. It is very nice to my eyes, probably not my nose though.
Oooooh I thought or was expecting a glass bottle now what I thought seems average compared to this! Very striking and different wow 🤩
Unread 04-15-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
I will use your line. I am too ďlazyĒ to do it again.
I donít appreciate that.
Unread 04-15-2020, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
I don’t appreciate that.
Hahaha hahaha, what? From you it was an acceptable answer�� what’s wrong with my usage of it? Hahaha

Last edited by Opal; 04-16-2020 at 01:39 AM. Reason: If you are interested you will read it, if not, you won't!
Unread 04-16-2020, 01:41 AM

[QUOTE=Opal;1039398]367 ◊ 500

Notice the signature in gold on the lower right lip.
The Following User Says Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
leomoon (04-16-2020)
Unread 04-16-2020, 02:32 AM

Wink Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
Actually they do. It is minor evidence, because the sample pool is small, but this is how it works with infectious diseases. You usually perform multiple studies on small controlled groups of volunteers and determine whether the drug works. And the results for the drug are actually promising.

https://www.mediterranee-infection.c...l_DOI_IJAA.pdf

The proportion of patients that had negative PCR results in nasopharyngeal samples significantly differed between treated patients and controls at days 3-4-5 and 6 post-inclusion (Table 2). At day6 post-inclusion, 70% of hydroxychloroquine-treated patients were virologicaly cured comparing with 12.5% in the control group (p= 0.001).

We show here that hydroxychloroquine is efficient in clearing viral nasopharyngeal carriage of SARS-CoV-2 in COVID-19 patients in only three to six days, in most patients. A significant difference was observed between hydroxychloroquine-treated patients and controls starting even on day3 post-inclusion. These results are of great importance because a recent paper has shown that the mean duration of viral shedding in patients suffering from COVID-19 in China was 20 days (even 37 days for the longest duration) [19]

Whether you agree or disagree doesn't matter. Facts speak for themselves. Early data from studies does show the drug has at least some succes in treating the disease.
A few Covid19 survivors actually met Trump in person (if I was these people, I prefer to do it via teleconference video chat or don't talk to the **** president) and praised Trump for his zinc treatment and hydroxylchloroquine idea "saved their lives" if these people were really the 18% critical or severe Covid19 cases. TBH, the very scientists, drug companies and national governments in Asia and Europe who discovered the formula, made the pharmaceuticals and declared this treatment to be relatively promising should be thanked, not Trump who announced the finding to the world a month ago...for only stock investment purposes. Trump is an opportunist finding a new way to make money when the stock market was really down, now climbing slowly and in better shape, except we have to save main street from depression (where are the stimulus checks?).
Unread 04-16-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
A few Covid19 survivors actually met Trump in person (if I was these people, I prefer to do it via teleconference video chat or don't talk to the **** president) and praised Trump for his zinc treatment and hydroxylchloroquine idea "saved their lives" if these people were really the 18% critical or severe Covid19 cases. TBH, the very scientists, drug companies and national governments in Asia and Europe who discovered the formula, made the pharmaceuticals and declared this treatment to be relatively promising should be thanked, not Trump who announced the finding to the world a month ago...for only stock investment purposes. Trump is an opportunist finding a new way to make money when the stock market was really down, now climbing slowly and in better shape, except we have to save main street from depression (where are the stimulus checks?).
You should thank Trump, he is the only political figure promoting the drug, while the media did its best to disregard this treatment option, which as it turns out, is saving lives. If it wasn't for him, many people wouldn't know about it, and might not even request it as treatment.

I really can't believe there are people who are so far gone, that they would criticise him just for that. You have no idea how spoiled, childish and petty your comment makes you look mate.

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Unread 04-16-2020, 10:50 AM

Smile Re: What are you learning from COVID?

Quote:
You should thank Trump, he is the only political figure promoting the drug, while the media did its best to disregard this treatment option, which as it turns out, is saving lives. If it wasn't for him, many people wouldn't know about it, and might not even request it as treatment.

I really can't believe there are people who are so far gone, that they would criticise him just for that. You have no idea how spoiled, childish and petty your comment makes you look mate.
Wonder who tipped him off about the drug? It's been on the market since 1955, and is especially important in combating malaria. It's also been on WHO's (World Health Organization's) list of Essential Medicines for many years. Medical research laboratories were in the process of testing its effectiveness against Covid-19 when he promoted it.

What I'm getting at is, that it was already in the works, and didn't require his promotion, so once again, he's taking credit for something he didn't do. It's also not for everyone, and can have severe side effects. AP news had no hesitation in reporting that it worked for one particular person, so it's not true that the media is disregarding it. It's not a miracle cure, just a welcome step in the right direction.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
leomoon (04-16-2020)
Unread 04-16-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Wonder who tipped him off about the drug? It's been on the market since 1955, and is especially important in combating malaria. It's also been on WHO's (World Health Organization's) list of Essential Medicines for many years. Medical research laboratories were in the process of testing its effectiveness against Covid-19 when he promoted it.

What I'm getting at is, that it was already in the works, and didn't require his promotion, so once again, he's taking credit for something he didn't do. It's also not for everyone, and can have severe side effects. AP news had no hesitation in reporting that it worked for one particular person, so it's not true that the media is disregarding it. It's not a miracle cure, just a welcome step in the right direction.
He didn't take credit for the drug. When did he do that?

The media are pushing it to the sidelines, promoting the search for a vaccine. Go figure.

Unread 04-16-2020, 11:20 AM
Account Closed

What Iím learning from Covid- never to argue with a fool as life is really too short and arguing with a fool wonít get you anywhere and they bring you to their level.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hkk For This Useful Post:
leomoon (04-16-2020)
Unread 04-16-2020, 11:31 AM

Quote:

The media are pushing it to the sidelines, promoting the search for a vaccine. Go figure.
WHO has been studying its use against Covid-19 since early March, well before Trump heard about it on Fox News. Now, he's cut off funding to WHO. Go figure indeed!
leomoon (04-16-2020)
Unread 04-16-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:

You're giving him credit for promoting the drug. He obviously didn't create it.
Unread 04-16-2020, 11:54 AM

The original clinical trial in France that was reported successful was flawed. The results so far, worldwide, have been "spotty", and very bad side effects have been reported. What exactly should the media have been reporting about it? Now, with many thousands of human guinea pigs to try it out on, we may get some real answers concerning its effectiveness against Covid-19, and its failures.
leomoon (04-16-2020)
Unread 04-16-2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
You're giving him credit for promoting the drug. He obviously didn't create it.
Then by definition your entire paragraph accusing him of "taking credit" for the drug was just nonsense.

Unread 04-16-2020, 02:58 PM

Girls talking perfume bottles, guys arguing politics, itís almost as if we had been manipulated into gender appropriation roles
Unread 04-16-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Then by definition your entire paragraph accusing him of "taking credit" for the drug was just nonsense.
The expression "taking credit" is non-specific. You, yourself, like many of his supporters, are using his unnecessary cheerleading for the drug as an excuse to praise his worthless "leadership" in this time of crisis.
leomoon (04-16-2020)
Unread 04-16-2020, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Girls talking perfume bottles, guys arguing politics, itís almost as if we had been manipulated into gender appropriation roles
Let's combine them:
What would a perfume called "Fragrance de Trump" smell like?
Unread 04-16-2020, 04:28 PM
Account Closed

Shite?..............
Unread 04-16-2020, 04:29 PM
Account Closed

Or call it Dirius, named after trumps supporter 🤪
Unread 04-16-2020, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Or call it Dirius, named after trumps supporter 🤪
For Trump supporter, that's actually a compliment!
Unread 04-16-2020, 04:38 PM

The bottle for Fragrance de Trump should be blimp-shaped, and the cap should have a tiny blonde toupe on top!
leomoon (04-16-2020)
Unread 04-16-2020, 04:42 PM
Account Closed

Lmao 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤪 youíre so funny DS!!!!! Hahahaha and when you pull the top off it talks lmao voice of trump
Unread 04-16-2020, 04:46 PM

What does a selfish lover smell like?