Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Hot topic arena

Hot topic arena As the title suggest, this sub-board is dedicated to non-astrological talks on interesting, important or controversial topics.

Unread 04-09-2020, 07:54 PM

Re: Covid-19: how are you responding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Ugh, leomoon. How extra scary that the transpersonal planets are also involved.

Kshantaram has mentioned the nodal binding phenomenon before in the natal chart of a narcissistic physical and emotional abuser and thief (IIRC). He called it darkness below the lamp. One of the explanations arising from that discussion had to do with how transits affect planets in that kind of natal configuration without respite or support, I think.

Have not seen it used in mundane astrology til now. Seems like we should request more insight from Vedic practitioners. This is the second time I’ve heard the May 29 end date from a Vedic source. Obviously that set of dates doesn’t need to line up with the lifting of specific lockdown orders and small business strangulation, because the orders are not happening simultaneously globally.

Thanks for the update , and yes, I miss K, but I think he is a member here too. ...not the actual nativity of a person born with the "between the bounds" of the Nodes. Surely, it must be karmic whatever it is...That's how manda saw it too.

(* changed the sentence, as I have no idea what "K" means until I talk with him again) **dh.

That TOO is an excellent note you made regarding global shutdowns, as the Moon for sure is not in the same place globally either.

Please keep me updated and I will too if I hear anymore about this nodal phenomenon...I'd love to know more about the "darkness below the lamp". Sounds so poetic in a way. Perhaps it only affects a natal for a certain period of time and not their entire lives too? We'll need to hear more.

Added: from Manda: in the natal chart - and mundane -

Quote:
Kalasarp is the not the same as having all the planets bound (including outer planets). kalasarp happens with 1 in 8 people so around 12 percent of the population, but a complete nodal bind with moon in or out, occurs 3% of the time..This does not occur that often but when it happens, it is very challenging energy. Like right now we are having it and I talk to my neighbor who is 94 yrs, and he says never seen anything like this..
and I found this article explaining it more in natal charts:

https://celebrateyoga.org/kala-sarpa-yoga/

Last edited by leomoon; 04-09-2020 at 08:38 PM.
Unread 04-09-2020, 08:26 PM

Smile Re: Covid-19: how are you responding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post
Thanks for the update , and yes, I miss K, but I think he is a member here too. ....I suppose he meant in "transit to a natal?"...and not the actual nativity of a person born with the "between the bounds" of the Nodes. Surely, it must be karmic whatever it is...Thats how manda saw it too.

That TOO is an excellent note you made regarding global shutdowns, as the Moon for sure is not in the same place globally either.

Please keep me updated and I will too if I hear anymore about this nodal phenomenon...I'd love to know more about the "darkness below the lamp". Sounds so poetic in a way. Perhaps it only affects a natal for a certain period of time and not their entire lives too? We'll need to hear more.

Added: from Manda: in the natal chart - and mundane -

and I found this article explaining it more in natal charts:

Passiflora may have meant "nodal configuration", not "natal".
Unread 04-09-2020, 08:31 PM

David S:
Quote:
Passiflora may have meant "nodal configuration", not "natal".

I suppose she'll be back to clarify again sometimes or other.
Meanwhile, have you read the article?

It is about BOTH mundane charts & personal Natal charts, but its a rare configuration.

There is also a link I posted with a few talks about it. Joni Patry does one of them...and explains it rather well.

In a natal chart - she (Patry) appears to have it herself, and I'm not surprised (NOT) as she is extremely ambitious so it makes sense why she'd want to talk about it. She also says, its a "newer" yoga they discovered as its not in their holy books.

Quote:
It is a challenge to understand this personality, but in reality, the person is both ambitious and material hungry for elite privileges under Rahu and a non-acquisitive wandering mendicant who may come off as dysfunctional or saintly, sometimes both. Evidence shows that Rahu dominates the KSY personality meaning that there are times of burning desire for unearned privilege and recognition.
The Following User Says Thank You to leomoon For This Useful Post:
david starling (04-09-2020)
Unread 04-09-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leomoon View Post
David S:

I suppose she'll be back to clarify again sometimes or other.
Meanwhile, have you read the article?

It is about BOTH mundane charts & personal Natal charts, but its a rare configuration.

There is also a link I posted with a few talks about it. Joni Patry does one of them...and explains it rather well.

In a natal chart - she (Patry) appears to have it herself, and I'm not surprised (NOT) as she is extremely ambitious so it makes sense why she'd want to talk about it. She also says, its a "newer" yoga they discovered as its not in their holy books.

Right, probably is about one's personal Natal-chart configuration.
Unread 04-09-2020, 09:43 PM

Here is the thread in which he described it in a natal chart:

https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...d.php?t=124911
The Following User Says Thank You to passiflora For This Useful Post:
leomoon (04-09-2020)
Unread 04-09-2020, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
It's considered the end period of the "seasonal pneumonia" danger. Makes sense that cases of those strains of the disease would be declining in number.
Uh what? That is no different to any other year, where they also report pneumonia death cases declining within this time period, but this year there are suddenly way less cases just as covid-19 picks up and there can't possibly be a connection whatsoever? That's too much to be a coincidence imo. I could be wrong, sure, but something tells me that whatever the explanation is, the US suddenly becoming better at saving people from pneumonia isn't it, but if it is, then you have Trump to thank , it happened on his watch.

I'd like to know if there's another map of a different country where they report a similar trend of pneumonia cases dropping off way more than normal.
Unread 04-09-2020, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamaria View Post
Uh what? That is no different to any other year, where they also report pneumonia death cases declining within this time period, but this year there are suddenly way less cases just as covid-19 picks up and there can't possibly be a connection whatsoever? That's too much to be a coincidence imo. I could be wrong, sure, but something tells me that whatever the explanation is, the US suddenly becoming better at saving people from pneumonia isn't it, but if it is, then you have Trump to thank , it happened on his watch.

I'd like to know if there's another map of a different country where they report a similar trend of pneumonia cases dropping off way more than normal.
Trump.was dragged along into finally admitting it was a real problem. He didn't take the lead, he followed the dictates of a bipartisan legislature. Not to have done so would have been political suicide.

As for the fewer number of "seasonal flu" cases, I read that it's the end of the season so fewer cases would have been expected. To check this theory, you could look at past "seasonal flu" rates at this time of year, with no Covid-19 virus present.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
waybread (04-09-2020)
Unread 04-13-2020, 07:50 PM

Question Re: Covid-19: how are you responding?

The nodal periods in 3 winter seasons (covid19 like the cold and flu is most active in the winters) of 2019-20, 2020-21 and 2021-22 is similar to the SARS cov 1 pandemic of 2002-03, 2003-04 and it seemed to disappeared in the middle of 2004, thanks to better containment strategies because patients were more symptomatic in this case. Hopefully, the world will manage the rise of a new disease, whether it could mutate (3 known strains of covid19 in the world) or humanity adapts to it (a form of evolutionary challenge?) or a vaccine is discovered (within a year and they need to approve it in every country). New cases were reported in parts of China, a second wave is happening in East Asia and with experience, the ability to control covid19 would be easier for them.
leomoon (04-13-2020)
Unread 04-13-2020, 08:02 PM

We have got to adjust to the deleterious effects of 5G on our immune systems. It's being beamed at us 24/7, and it's not going away. If it's not this virus, it will be another, in addition to all of the other chronic diseases we're already dealing with from other forms of environmental degradation.

I'm responding by looking beyond Covid-19 and its mutations, and thinking long-term, overall, immune system support.
Unread 04-13-2020, 08:49 PM

Back on the thread, there are 2 other possible scenarios of the nodal periods: Trump voted out of office will heavily divide the US and could challenge our stability in early 2021. And a possible conflict between the US and China with its allies known to oppose the US government in early 2022. Like Leomoon said on future events to divide a country and the world in a similar fashion covid19 would do (not by stay-at-home orders, more like riots and global warfare).
leomoon (04-14-2020)
Unread 04-14-2020, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
Back on the thread, there are 2 other possible scenarios of the nodal periods: Trump voted out of office will heavily divide the US and could challenge our stability in early 2021. And a possible conflict between the US and China with its allies known to oppose the US government in early 2022. Like Leomoon said on future events to divide a country and the world in a similar fashion covid19 would do (not by stay-at-home orders, more like riots and global warfare).
You don't see a resolve to strengthen our immune systems to be "on the thread"?
Unread 04-14-2020, 12:39 AM

What I also learned.

How we're reacting to the virus is WAY more destructive than the actual virus itself. The virus is a mirror. It's reflecting the evils that are inside us. We will be the end of ourselves.

I'm honestly afraid for the future.
Unread 04-14-2020, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post

I was thinking the same when I first saw the 2021 -22 dates. Likely, we'll have long ago had the immunity shots for Covid19...seems like something else may be "in the winds" of fate.

note: when I saw the astrology positions, I almost thought it was mine at the bottom of your post.

Mine too: Aries MC - Cancer Rising Saturn ruler of the Sun-Mer-Mars
Unread 04-14-2020, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
What I also learned.

How we're reacting to the virus is WAY more destructive than the actual virus itself. The virus is a mirror. It's reflecting the evils that are inside us. We will be the end of ourselves.

I'm honestly afraid for the future.
Just maintain your immune system. It's been said that we're "a nation of sheep", so no surprise about how we're reacting.

Even the Libertarians are going along with the program.
Unread 04-14-2020, 01:50 AM

Libertarians in a quarantine.

kekekekeke
Unread 04-14-2020, 02:19 AM

Constitution trumps Trump about lifting Covid lockdowns and protocols. He thinks he's above the law, as written. The protocols in this situation are under the control of the State governments, not the Federal, according to the very document that he swore an oath to uphold.
Unread 04-14-2020, 03:49 AM

David, I agree with you. King Donald I actually does not have the constitutional authority he claims.

My experience of sheltering-in-place has actually been pretty good. Friends are phoning one another to see how we're all getting along. Our neighbors' main form of activity seems to be walking on the road in the afternoon, so we always greet each other (from a 6-foot distance) and ask how they're doing. Three neighbors posted a sign by some rural mailboxes, with their names and phone numbers, asking anyone who needed help to phone them.

My extended family literally is spread out from the Atlantic to the Pacific, but my sister and daughter are sending group emails almost daily to check in on our family members.

For Easter dinner, one of our neighbors dropped off a bottle of decent home-made wine for us.

If all goes as planned, my husband and I are moving to town (and selling our rural acreage) at the end of May. (The house is under contract, but I won't believe it until we actually have the money in the bank.) One of our neighbors who works at the local supermarket just dropped off a bunch of sturdy produce boxes for us to use for our packing.

So far as anyone knows, CV-19 has not come to our area yet. But with our local hospital having only 20 beds and one respirator, we don't take anything for granted.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 04-14-2020 at 03:52 AM.
Unread 04-14-2020, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Just maintain your immune system. It's been said that we're "a nation of sheep", so no surprise about how we're reacting.

Even the Libertarians are going along with the program.
those libertarians are fake
Unread 04-14-2020, 05:19 AM

Quote:
those libertarians are fake
LINOs! (Libertarians In Name Only).
Unread 04-14-2020, 05:32 AM

who needs freedom when you have security?
Unread 04-14-2020, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Due to recent declines in daily cases and death tolls in Italy and Spain, as well parts of the Northeast and West coast US, their presidents and state governors (like my CA gov. Gavin Newsom) hinted on May, there will be a reduction of lockdown restrictions. I recommend we continue CDC or WHO guidelines while society slowly reopens and will manage smaller or localized second waves. The Chinese are cautiously doing this, so are the Japanese where cluster areas are under partial lockdowns or restricted access to better contain their majority of covid19 cases (confirmed by testing and symptomatic-whether or not mild).

A little more freedom, but be prepared for thermometers hovering over heads to enter certain public places, you're asked to keep on your masks and gloves, and continue with the 6 foot/1.76 meter social/physical distancing in public. To be sure society doesn't have to stay at home all day for a long time and their economy is back open, but our state and national officials have to be cautious and they better wait until there's not a single daily case of new death in a week after the peak or a true flattened curve in their state and national jurisdictions, esp. through mass testing of suspected cases.
Unread 04-14-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
"Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose...." -{from song "Me & Bobby McGee" by Roger Miller}

"Is a bird free from the skyway?"-{Bob Dylan}

Last edited by david starling; 04-14-2020 at 07:55 AM.
Unread 04-14-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Constitution trumps Trump about lifting Covid lockdowns and protocols. He thinks he's above the law, as written. The protocols in this situation are under the control of the State governments, not the Federal, according to the very document that he swore an oath to uphold.

As my husband always quipped, "you give a monkey a stick of dynamite, when he blows the place up, you don't blame the monkey"

WHO gave Wm.Barr all this power?

https://www.city-journal.org/william-barr-constitution

WHO gave the monkey, djt, this power?

Unbridled power in the hands of political leaders like Trump and Barr is as great of threat to the long-term national security as any pandemic. Medicine and science can save us from pandemics but nothing may be able to save us if Barr and Trump can successfully suspend the constitution.

https://www.johntfloyd.com/william-b...-constitution/

Last edited by leomoon; 04-14-2020 at 03:37 PM.
Unread 04-14-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:

Does it matter that he can't read? Very likely, dyslexic. And his extreme narcissism, doesn't allow for others to inform him first before he acts.

https://www.quora.com/Is-Donald-Trump-dyslexic
Quote:
Feb 08, 2017 · I conjecture that Trump is an EXTREMELY defensive dyslexic. Trump is the only American President known for making fun of disabled people. He has made fun of people with MS, for instance. However, he appears to be unusually sympathetic to people with dyslexia. Trump would take away all subsidies for just about everything else.
In the documentary “The Words That Built America,” six living presidents and six vice-presidents were filmed while reading the constitutions. Trump had the easiest part but he had trouble reading the opening of Article III. It came to a point when he blamed the crew for making a lot of noise because it was distracting him.

https://www.ibtimes.com/donald-trump...rs-say-2923049

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I also recall, before he went to prison to serve his 3 years time, his "fixer" Michael Cohen said that regarding Trump's education, he (Cohen) sent off letters at Trump's request, barring under threat of lawsuit, for 3 different schools he attended, including Wharton Business school, to dare not release his grades or they will be sued.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/yo...ate-2019-02-28

BTW: William Barr's first year in office, he had the New York Southern District dismiss the charges against Trump as Trump was the "indicted co-conspirator" with Michael Cohen, which means, Cohen pays for Trump's sins as well as his own.

Bottom line, since he cannot read, refuses help at every turn, and is suffering from extreme narcissism, likely its very possible, we ALL will suffer the indignities because of this surrounding what he decides on the Corona Virus re-opening the Govt. early phase.

Did he read the science? President Obama use to spend hours every day, just reading science on Ebola and other viruses he was given.

Does he read the Intel information? He said himself, "NO" he depends only on his own internal gut.

The way I see it, except for his stupid luck (Jupiter in the 2nd trine Sun & Sextile Moon) the rest of us are doomed creatures with his man in charge i.e. Jupiter square Mars, square Venus, square Saturn) so Lord help us we'll need it!

Last edited by leomoon; 04-14-2020 at 04:00 PM.
Unread 04-14-2020, 05:33 PM

Unhappy Re: Covid-19: how are you responding?

My father's side of my family lives in France where they had a lockdown as of March 16th, 4 days before my state CA had one. Theirs are stricter like a fax printed permit from your computer is required to be outdoors for essential work and errands. France is one of the hardest hit nations in the covid19 pandemic, but fortunate to not get extremely high or too mortal like Spain and Italy which are their geographical neighbors, but I wish the best for France and the world.