What are some of the Indicators that shows moving?

hbn_235

Hey What are some of the indicators to show a person is moving?

spock

There are no indicators that show that a person is moving (or for any other external event). There are, however, various transits that may coincide with the desire to move. Quite commonly transiting Mars conjoining, squaring or opposing its natal place will find us dissatisfied with some element of our daily routine, and we might find ourselves rearranging the furniture, changing an habitual route to work, or shift, or the grocery store or bank that we shop and bank at. Relationships can begin or end. Or we might decide to move from one apartment to another one. It's the decision, not the actual move, that will coincide with the Mars transit. Sometimes a major move, to a different part of the country, will coincide with a career or identity change, timed by Saturn conjoining, squaring or opposing the Nonagesimal (90° above the Asc) or Sun, enabling you to establish a new identity among people who don't know you by the old one. Uranus squaring or opposing natal Uranus, indicating a new kind of career or calling, might during an appropriate Saturn transit within the (approximately) three-year period of the Uranus transit result in a move. There are, in short, lots of reasons for moves. There is no one reason, and therefore no one transit, that by itself is associated with moving per se. If it's only a move, if you're just not satisfied with the place you're at, Mars transits will be relevant. If the move is part of a larger change in your life Mars will still be relevant to the timing of specific decisions, but each decision/change will be an episode within a larger overall shift, and therefore will be falling within the longer period of a more gradual planetary transit/transition.

Last edited:

Ernesto

is it like moving places, reallocating oneself or what does it have anything to do with astrology it is a tendency more or less that works within to get on with such decision.

JUPITERASC

Hey What are some of the indicators to show a person is moving?
An eclipse conjunct planetary ruler of 4th
and/or an eclipse in 4th aspecting planetary ruler of 4th
and so on

is potential indicator of changes in the home which may or may not include moving
:smile:

Lin

Unfortunately, the same transits which might imply that there is reason to want to move might also imply that that person decides to remodel his/her house or EVEN might represent the moving IN of new people...like a new spouse with a child or a parent or other relative.

Also: the person moving......is this person moving out of a WISH to move? Out of a NEED to move? Because of an opportunity in employment? Is this the primary home owner or a spouse.....or a child? When my parents relocated from the city to the suburbs when I was a child, I am sure my transits were different from theirs. THEY felt they had to move as the neighborhood had transitioned and was downsliding.
I had very little thought about it as I was only 8 years old and I didn't realize till much later what it meant to live somewhere totally different.

So you see the quesiton is not specific enough.
LIN
BUT ....there are always aspects....often of heavier planets in or opposing the 3rd and 4th houses.

Hanzzo

Lin explained it pretty well.

im only going to add, to search for progressed moon transiting 4th house cusp, i've seen it countless times.
Moon (the progressed) is the one i search for this type of things, because it literally means change.

ashriia

Lin explained it pretty well.

im only going to add, to search for progressed moon transiting 4th house cusp, i've seen it countless times.
Moon (the progressed) is the one i search for this type of things, because it literally means change.

Definitely agree with prog moon transiting 4th. Also transit jupiter transiting natal 4th for moving far, or moving to larger home. Possibly uranus entering 9th house for long distance moves.

jkxx74

Premium Member
Thank you to those who shared these different configurations, I had not heard of many of them.

I had seen the progressed moon conjuncting the AC as an indication for relocation as well as a hard aspect from an outer planet to the ruler of the 4th or any (personal) planet placed in the 4th.

Is anyone aware of the difference between this happening in the natal vs progressed 4th? The materials I have read seem to treat both as if they are the same but there must be differences.

craft94

Definitely agree with prog moon transiting 4th. Also transit jupiter transiting natal 4th for moving far, or moving to larger home. Possibly uranus entering 9th house for long distance moves.

I was going to say the same thing! I also think transits from Pluto (transformation) to the 4th house (home) or to the moon might indicate a move. Possibly Uranus transiting the 4th or Pluto transiting the 9th, as well?