Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

Bossette353

Hello all,

I'm confused as to why Venus is supposed to be exalted in Pisces. It's supposed to mean a dreamer, an idealist, a hopeless romantic, but how is that beneficial to the native in real life? On one blog I read, it was described a rinky-dinky hole-in-the-wall nightclub where those who are standing outside can see and hear the show inside. To me, that sounds f****** horrible. Who wants to have their deepest desires on display for the world to see without even being given the proper respect?! I have Venus in Pisces - 3rd house, a person whose ideals exist only in her head and who has extreme difficulty communicating them to others, doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Does anyone else have this placement and what are your thoughts on it?

JUPITERASC

Hello all, I'm confused as to why Venus is supposed to be exalted in Pisces. It's supposed to mean a dreamer, an idealist, a hopeless romantic, but how is that beneficial to the native in real life? On one blog I read, it was described a rinky-dinky hole-in-the-wall nightclub where those who are standing outside can see and hear the show inside. To me, that sounds f****** horrible. Who wants to have their deepest desires on display for the world to see without even being given the proper respect?! I have Venus in Pisces - 3rd house, a person whose ideals exist only in her head and who has extreme difficulty communicating them to others, doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Does anyone else have this placement and what are your thoughts on it?

There are millions - if not hundreds of millions of astrologers - all with their own point of view :smile:

Last edited:

SteveGus

In the traditional Western system, it seems fairly simple. My understanding is that Venus is exalted in Pisces because both Pisces and Venus are moist, and the sign itself represents the end of winter, a situation that favors Venus.

Venus is in detriment in Virgo, and Pisces is the opposing sign. Virgo is a dry sign that represents the end of summer.

This just makes me think of all of the Neptuney people I have known who have hard solar/lunar angular Neptune aspects or strong Pisces and have struggled in life (myself included!). The thing is, though, that those are all people I'd trust with my life, seriously kind-hearted, S-O-F-T sweethearts. That said, Neptune and Pisces don't always express well through the Sun or Saturn or anything associated even remotely with guarding the ego. But that's not Venus's concern. Venus finally gets to be as creative, as lazy, as sweet sweet sweet as it wants to be in Pisces. It makes sense, I think.

MaeMae

Banned
debbie kempton smith said it best in her book,
Secrets From a Stargazer's Notebook...
"venus in pisces is the best placement for anbody whom venus in pisces loves."

i am a ViP as well. Always wondered why a planet so lusty and desirous could be exalted in a sign known for selflessness and asceticism.
probably because we can love anybody, even the ones deemed unlovable by most other people.

JUPITERASC

Hello all, I'm confused as to why Venus is supposed to be exalted in Pisces. It's supposed to mean a dreamer, an idealist, a hopeless romantic, but how is that beneficial to the native in real life? On one blog I read, it was described a rinky-dinky hole-in-the-wall nightclub where those who are standing outside can see and hear the show inside. To me, that sounds f****** horrible. Who wants to have their deepest desires on display for the world to see without even being given the proper respect?! I have Venus in Pisces - 3rd house, a person whose ideals exist only in her head and who has extreme difficulty communicating them to others, doesn't sound like a good deal to me. Does anyone else have this placement and what are your thoughts on it?
Since Pisces is the domicile of Jupiter, other people with this placement (Venus Pisces) won't necessarily have the same or even similar traits to you. That's not only because their natal Jupiter may be in a different Sign and/or House than your natal Jupiter but is also related to whether or not there is an aspect between natal Jupiter and Venus – not to mention whether or not natal Jupiter and/or Venus aspects other natal planets... and there are other considerations as well. :smile:

This is kinda what I was thinking of...surely PV can be wonderful partners, friends, family memebers, etc. My Venus is in 12th house, so I have a little bit of that PV magic, but it's in Leo...sure Venus in Leo can throw on some glamour and dazzle the people we love (when we FEEL like it, anyway) but who really cares about about that **** when it comes to inimacy in relationships?

For example, I think my venus in Leo has operated on the level of getting attention for much of my life. I used to put a lot of effort onto making an impact on people and being desired. That is BS, it's only been since I went through my saturn return that I am starting to understand how to love, give, be present, and to think of those around me before myself. Those traits will probably come naturally to a Venus in Pisces. Lucky, those of us who love them indeed!

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

Venus is exalted in Pisces because it brings all people together into one. Pisces is about bringing all things together into one and Venus is about bringing people together. It has more to do with calculations that what's convenient for people.

Bossette353

Since Pisces is the domicile of Jupiter, other people with this placement (Venus Pisces) won't necessarily have the same or even similar traits to you. That's not only because their natal Jupiter may be in a different Sign and/or House than your natal Jupiter but is also related to whether or not there is an aspect between natal Jupiter and Venus ?– not to mention whether or not natal Jupiter and/or Venus aspects other natal planets... and there are other considerations as well. :smile:
I have Jupiter in Capricorn- 2nd house, and it is my chart ruler(Sag Asc). I have Venus sextile Jupiter as well.

Munch

This just makes me think of all of the Neptuney people I have known who have hard solar/lunar angular Neptune aspects or strong Pisces and have struggled in life (myself included!). The thing is, though, that those are all people I'd trust with my life, seriously kind-hearted, S-O-F-T sweethearts. That said, Neptune and Pisces don't always express well through the Sun or Saturn or anything associated even remotely with guarding the ego. But that's not Venus's concern. Venus finally gets to be as creative, as lazy, as sweet sweet sweet as it wants to be in Pisces. It makes sense, I think.

I like your take on this a lot! I think that you are also spot on.

Bossette353

This is kinda what I was thinking of...surely PV can be wonderful partners, friends, family memebers, etc. My Venus is in 12th house, so I have a little bit of that PV magic, but it's in Leo...sure Venus in Leo can throw on some glamour and dazzle the people we love (when we FEEL like it, anyway) but who really cares about about that **** when it comes to inimacy in relationships?

For example, I think my venus in Leo has operated on the level of getting attention for much of my life. I used to put a lot of effort onto making an impact on people and being desired. That is BS, it's only been since I went through my saturn return that I am starting to understand how to love, give, be present, and to think of those around me before myself. Those traits will probably come naturally to a Venus in Pisces. Lucky, those of us who love them indeed!

See, that's what I hate about this placement: the whole altruistic, selfless thing doesn't sound beneficial or practical to the native. It 's too easy for people to take advantage and ***** you over. Yeah, they enjoy the benefits of all this selfless love, but what about this helps me love myself, which I think is key to attracting anything meaningful in life? My Venus is conj my IC(Aries) and trines my Saturn (Scorpio-11th house), so I think that gives me incentive to guard myself and only give to those who actually deserve it.

Munch

Since Pisces is the domicile of Jupiter, other people with this placement (Venus Pisces) won't necessarily have the same or even similar traits to you. That's not only because their natal Jupiter may be in a different Sign and/or House than your natal Jupiter but is also related to whether or not there is an aspect between natal Jupiter and Venus – not to mention whether or not natal Jupiter and/or Venus aspects other natal planets... and there are other considerations as well. :smile:

Also great insight.

Rebel Uranian

1/6 of the world has Venus in Pisces and/or the 12th house (not the same, but both hazy places.) Add in any sort of dodeks, and it becomes 1/3. Then you have to add in the chances of Neptune being within 16 degrees (8 either way) of any Zodiac sign of Venus, which is 16/30 = 8/15 or about 1/2. 1/2 + 1/3 = 5/6. 5/6 of the world has the same hazy Venus placement, or placement of any planet for that matter. of course, it'd be most accurate to subtract the % of pitted degrees in the Zodiac as well as account for some other statistics such as speed of motion in the different signs...

(replace Neptune with Jupiter if you're a traditionalist. I know plenty of non-modern astrologers who will use Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto as objects but not domicile rulers of anything.)

Bossette353

i am a ViP as well. Always wondered why a planet so lusty and desirous could be exalted in a sign known for selflessness and asceticism.
probably because we can love anybody, even the ones deemed unlovable by most other people.

I can see how this placement is good for others the native may come into contact with, but to me this is like walking around with "Sucker" written on your forehead. How can ViP people be more discriminate about who they share themselves with, and more guarded of their ideals in such a cold, cruel world?

Munch

See, that's what I hate about this placement: the whole altruistic, selfless thing doesn't sound beneficial or practical to the native. It 's too easy for people to take advantage and ***** you over. Yeah, they enjoy the benefits of all this selfless love, but what about this helps me love myself, which I think is key to attracting anything meaningful in life? My Venus is conj my IC(Aries) and trines my Saturn (Scorpio-11th house), so I think that gives me incentive to guard myself and only give to those who actually deserve it.

I think the sun is important in figuring out how to support your particular Venus expression.

For instance my sun is in Capricorn and it wants to express the ego need of structure, discipline, certainty, etc. It supports my Venus (in Sagittarius) needs of freedom and limitlessness by making sure that I am grounded and taken care of first. This is important because my Venus is locked into a mutual reception with Jupiter (and conjunct Moon/Neptune) and that could get a little out of control. With the two sharing important placements in my chart as well. Too much of a good thing!

So maybe check out your sun and see how it can support your Venus influence as well as Jupiter. Remember, no planet operates without another planets influence, even if it is 'hidden.'

Also, if I may. Venus in Pisces allows for an ability to forgive and empathize. Sure you may get stepped on from time to time, but people can never take your sense of true self from you for too long. You are supremely in touch with who and what you really are. Tapping into this shows that you can direct the 'laws of the Universe' much more easily than others and can manifest and manipulate 'reality' far more easily than other people.

Even science shows that the Universe started in a Big Bang, though they have no idea what came before that. They speculate that everything came from nothing. This is the Universal Law (http://www.marjadevries.nl/universallaws/index.php) that says that everything already 'is.' There is nothing new. All that remains is to 'remember' and 'manifest.' You have a strong ability to do this. You just have to look at this placement from a different perspective.

Last edited:

MaeMae

Banned
bossette~ in my angriest moments at my own stupidity, i raise my fist to the sky and curse and wail over my ViP.
Fortunately, Jup-Sat Cap sextiles it. They don't necessarily reduce the Neptune influence, but they are good at helping me manage and contain it.
I would say Saturn's relationship to Venus in a vip chart is integral in keeping Venus in tune with what's real. Tough aspects can reinforce the characteristic worthlessness that vip can experience in those darker moments. but even so, saturn is usually able to maneuver thru the fog to get neptune out of it. usually with a bruise or scar to remind vip her folly. venus in pisces has a hard time learning lessons without some reminder of the pain involved. still, they move onto further punishment, however in many spititual ways, they become stronger and it helps them handle future pain better. I believe JC is likely a Pisces type.

Rebel Uranian

Venus is not all about love. It's also about art, money, sensuality, good luck, physical appearance, and a bajillion other things. Also, see my calculations. ViP is not that much of a problem. I have Venus in the 12th. You can't take all your anger out on the stars. 5/6 of the planets we have are "hidden" to some or another extent unless you're insanely lucky. Anyways, is it something being hidden that's bad, or is it the thing that comes in afterwards to make you find out that it was hidden?

ashakamath

My daughter has V i P in 7th house along with Jupiter itself and North Node.
Her ascendant is Virgo.

My friend has V i P in 11th house and he is the Ascendant Lord.

My friend is Happily Married but seems to have numerous affairs!!

My daughter has V i P in 7th house along with Jupiter itself and North Node.
Her ascendant is Virgo.

My friend has V i P in 11th house and he is the Ascendant Lord.

My friend is Happily Married but seems to have numerous affairs!!

what is this please? is it Vedic terminology?