Careers in Birth Chart

IfIKnewBetter

I'm thinking about going back to school, what possible careers do you see that would give me both money and happiness? Or at least happiness.

Attachments

• Placidus.jpg
    Placidus.jpg
    341.5 KB · Views: 50
  • astro_2gw_01_me_hw.82694.30783.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_me_hw.82694.30783.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 38

AppLeo

I have no idea. Follow your heart because Leo has your MC. Do something associated with Leo like acting, art, public speaking, politics, leadership...

JUPITERASC

I'm thinking about going back to school, what possible careers do you see that would give me both money and happiness?

Or at least happiness.
Interesting that if you had been born only six minutes earlier
ascendant would have been Libra
However your time of birth is precise :smile:
is it from medical records or a birth certificate?

IfIKnewBetter

I have no idea. Follow your heart because Leo has your MC. Do something associated with Leo like acting, art, public speaking, politics, leadership...

I'm asking because there's really nothing, if I could I'd stay at home and sleep. I wasted tuition money and a full ride scholarship jumping from major to major, class to class, taking whatever I wanted until I finally decided it was a waste of money. I liked everything I was studying and nothing stood out to me. I don't want to work for Nordstrom my whole life.

Last edited:

AppLeo

I'm asking because there's really nothing, if I could I'd stay at home and sleep. I wasted tuition money and a full ride scholarship jumping from major to major, class to class, taking whatever I wanted until I finally decided it was a waste of money. I liked everything I was studying and nothing stood out to me. I don't want to work for Nordstrom my whole life.

Well I mean, if you just want to sleep then maybe there's nothing in college that you'll enjoy or make you happy. I'd pick a career that generates a lot of money and security because it will make your life at home sleeping and relaxing so much more enjoyable.

Like for me, I hate work and passions and all that. I don't have a passion for anything; I'm just going to pick something that makes me money.

I want to help you with your chart, but charts just seem to fail when it comes to determining career. Having a Leo MC and three Leo planets points to Leo careers.

95e69efeca8b418f37889b10355dab99.jpg

Here's a great article for determining career through astrology:

http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_vocation2_e.htm

IfIKnewBetter

Well I mean, if you just want to sleep then maybe there's nothing in college that you'll enjoy or make you happy. I'd pick a career that generates a lot of money and security because it will make your life at home sleeping and relaxing so much more enjoyable.

Like for me, I hate work and passions and all that. I don't have a passion for anything; I'm just going to pick something that makes me money.

I want to help you with your chart, but charts just seem to fail when it comes to determining career. Having a Leo MC and three Leo planets points to Leo careers.

95e69efeca8b418f37889b10355dab99.jpg

Here's a great article for determining career through astrology:

http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_vocation2_e.htm

Lol I didn't mean that so seriously, I'd get bored and feel unfulfilled. All I'm looking for are some suggestions based on my chart so I can consider them. Thanks for the link

katydid

I don’t think it matters all that much which career you choose. It is not the choice of a career that is holding you back, in my opinion. In fact, if you would just choose one and go for it, you would likely have great success.

But I don’t think there is any ‘magical’ choice which will get you to instantly buckle down and go all in and commit to it. It is not about what you choose. It is more about YOU making the commitment to choose one that suits you and DO IT.

With the Moon exactly on your Ascendant, and the Sun in Gemini, you will always have some doubts, feel the need to make changes, be worried that you are in the wrong career path. The Moon squares the Saturn [Career] so it may be a life long theme that you second guess yourself and your choice of goals/ambitions/

However, if you can choose one and take the initial steps, then it is up to you to follow through and stop thinking the grass is greener in the next cubicle.It is not.

It is TIME. Make an educated guess and commit to something. :rightful:

With Mars/Venus/Jupiter in your 10th in Leo, you could succeed at whatever you do. You just need to do the work before you. The squares to the Pluto in the first may represent your own inner fears/insecurities. Will I fail? Am I really as talented/special/intelligent as others think I am? Luckily that Pluto sextiles the Uranus/Neptune?node in the 3rd. You are very perceptive, smart, and a quick learner. If you want to become a professor, a lawyer, an art teacher/historian, YOU CAN SUCCEED. Just do it. :sideways:

IfIKnewBetter

I don’t think it matters all that much which career you choose. It is not the choice of a career that is holding you back, in my opinion. In fact, if you would just choose one and go for it, you would likely have great success.

But I don’t think there is any ‘magical’ choice which will get you to instantly buckle down and go all in and commit to it. It is not about what you choose. It is more about YOU making the commitment to choose one that suits you and DO IT.

I know there aren't any magic bullets. I probably miscommunicated my intentions here, I wanted to see what you guys thought. Suggestions or personalized options based on my chart. I'm not looking for someone to say, "This is what you're meant for based on your chart" because I don't astrology doesn't work that way. It's like you said, I want to find what suits me. I can do commitment. I tend to overcommit and hurt myself if we're honest lol

With the Moon exactly on your Ascendant, and the Sun in Gemini, you will always have some doubts, feel the need to make changes, be worried that you are in the wrong career path. The Moon squares the Saturn [Career] so it may be a life long theme that you second guess yourself and your choice of goals/ambitions/

However, if you can choose one and take the initial steps, then it is up to you to follow through and stop thinking the grass is greener in the next cubicle.It is not.

I should have thought of that Moon- Saturn thing. I'm always in my head about work. Actually my Moon is even Squaring my Midheaven and Saturn is Opposing it as well. I have to figure out how to make it so I use that, "I don't belong here" to prove I do or just let go of that. :sad: ... Now that I look at it, all my planets in the MC are Opposite Saturn... Is that why I'm delayed at finding a my "thing" too?

With Mars/Venus/Jupiter in your 10th in Leo, you could succeed at whatever you do. You just need to do the work before you. The squares to the Pluto in the first may represent your own inner fears/insecurities. Will I fail? Am I really as talented/special/intelligent as others think I am? Luckily that Pluto sextiles the Uranus/Neptune?node in the 3rd. You are very perceptive, smart, and a quick learner. If you want to become a professor, a lawyer, an art teacher/historian, YOU CAN SUCCEED. Just do it. :sideways:

Katydid if you're going to expose me at least buy me dinner first. Hey, what's that Pluto sextile Node? What's that do? I've seen it but I can't find a lot of stuff on that and with the other two it says they're generational.

... When it comes down to it I know I don't go after certain thing or don't even let myself try because the things that caught my attention seem like a pipe dream to me. They don't hold up to intense questioning pretty well.

Last edited:

Jadi

I didn't know he had this video! Thank you, there's a ton of info. He talked about one planet being more dominant, do you know how I could find that out? I'd like to know...
The one holding the lowest degrees becomes the most important planet, in your case that's Jupiter. From a Vedic point of view, your Jupiter is even exalted and Mars debilitated.

Last edited:

IfIKnewBetter

Back when Kitchy still graced our forums, she told me:

10th house is career, standing in society, how you are viewed by "so, what do you do?" questions.

6th house is how you perform rote functions in your jobs - day in day out - what are the routines and conditions of your daily "usefulness".

1st house is the 'image' of you that other people, in one to one - see and interact with - your perceived "self" to others.

2nd house is earnings, investments - basically how you earn and spend your money and how you hold onto it.

So...

look to the rulers of those houses and what is their relationship to another, if any - and what aspects are they making that are 'go or no go'? with other planets.

Following this then:

My 1st is in Scorpio, 2nd in Sagittarius, 6th is in Aries, 10th in Leo.

So the Ruler of my 1st (Pluto) is in 1st and it's aspecting (square) planets (Venus, Mars, and Jupiter Leo Stellium) sitting in the 10th House. (Just realized maybe this is why I'm a catalyst for mutiny at my jobs.) If you go by the traditional ruler Mars it's situated in my Midheaven. I've also got Moon in Scorpio sitting in the 1st adding it's own little ball of aspects.

My 2nd house ruler (Jupiter) is in my Midheaven (in aspect stated above as well as conjunct Venus and Mars.)

Mars, ruler of my 6th House is in my Midheaven as well aspecting the ruler of my 1st and conjunct Venus and Jupiter.

Finally the Ruler of my 10th House the Sun (Gemini) is in the 8th/9th House (depending on who you ask *rolls eyes*.) It's worth noting the Sun and Mercury are Trine my Asc. while the Moon is Conjunct Asc.

My MC itself is square Moon in Scorpio, conjunct Chiron in Cancer, and opposite Saturn in Aquarius. Venus and Mars opposite Saturn at a wide orb and Jupiter at a tighter 7 degrees.

Everyone is relating to each other in some way.

With my Sun ruling the 10th House and aspecting my Ascendant it's kinda no wonder it feels like a pressing situation. Who I am is my job and my job is who I am. Plus that Moon square is really underscoring the whole "emotional fulfillment/feeling nurtured" thing and why I feel empty floating around.

also, very important - look at your 1st jupiter return. it is the time that most of us learn what we really like and what we really don't like - and the core truths of that time are often carried with us in our portfolio.

think about school subjects, activities, sports, whatever it was - when you were 12-13 - where did you find your joy? where was jupiter returning to it's joy - what house - did it aspect rulers mentioned above, etc?

When I was 13 I was on my guitar, writing songs or stories, or trying to find psychology texts. Jupiter was stationed in my 11th House, I didn't see any aspects...

I'll come back later and try interpreting everything.