Will I learn German language?

The Everqueen

so your logic is everyone who asks a question about a language, will get merc to rule?
your logic MAKES no sense! Becuase linguistic 3rd house is inner house under a horizon meaning it is inner not outer. a person is asking about learning a FOREIGN LANGUAGE. 9th house issue.

At what point did I say that EVERY question would get Mercury? I didn’t. It made sense to me in context to the 5H learning for pleasure. My logic to you might not make sense but at least my sentences do. You just immediately attacked the thought behind Mercury ruling languages because you couldn’t find it in the book and then proceeded to belittle me with your arguments. I don’t need to prove myself to the likes of you. I learned horary 20 years ago with John Frawley and on occasion still get things wrong – it’s not against the law! Even Lilly did. Which by the way, a planet heading into combustion is the worst thing that can happen to a planet, so the Moon heading into the Sun when it doesn’t give the answer to the question is NOT a good thing.

"God you're so patronising! "
Laughs hysterically

Don't hurt yourself.

" Do you realise that a child doesn't have a 'reason' to learn their mother tongue - they can't get away from the fact. "
There are PLENTY of kids who were born in Germany who do not speak German.

Yes there are and probably from other backgrounds where German is NOT their first language.

Your argument MAKES 0 sense btw. Here in the US, we have plenty of kids who were born in the US who do not speak english at all because they lived in spanish neighborhoods and etc. I had 2 classmates like that in HS. I have no idea how they passed through Jr HS. Australia is known for that. A child is born somewhere in the rural tribal area doesnt speak english. You can check out quora for some interestng findings.

I live in London. I am fully aware of immigrants not speaking the language. You are mixing two issues. Immigrants and language learners who WANT to learn a language. We all know people that live in countries who don’t bother to learn the language.

"Native German speakers get the cases wrong too, just like English speakers get things grammatically wrong. I've heard German speakers drop the indefinite article if it's just one word being used."
yeah and? this is normal. we get sloppy once we master a language. Then throw in slang terms it becomes something else.

Pure assumption. You have got sloppy. Not everyone gets sloppy once they know something – only ‘some’ people. Personally, I wouldn’t go around on forums, throwing my weight around with badly constructed sentences implying other people are stupid.

Ja! because they get cases wrong. That's NORMAL even for native Germans.
Not everyone remembers masculine, feminine and neuter endings and common stuff like (time, locations, trees, flowers, cardinal numbers, and etc) to determine the if they should use "der", "das" or "die". I speak German.

I hope you speak it better than you write English.

Hell, we ***** up with "an, the, a" all the time as well.

No 'we' don’t.

and btw WE HAVE a chart about a learning a language
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=968031

https://www.horoscopejoy.com/the-9th-house-in-astrology-time-to-learn/

Oh the Gods have spoken - thank you!

A child has a reason to learn or not learn. For example, I lived in the area where people spoke 3 languages + 1 learned one in school (french, spanish, english or german - pick your class). LOL 1 of them is native, we had to learn it in school too. Did I speak it? HELL NO! Was it common to speak the regional language? yep esp in suburbs. It was my choice not to. I cannot remember literally anything. Yeah i was my choice not to speak it.

Again, you are talking about older kids, learning second + languages. If someone doesn’t have a ‘need’ or a 'want' to learn then they’re not going to. You clearly didn’t feel the need to as is your want. Rarely do kids learn a language fluently at school – that’s fluent as in functional. You can ‘learn’ it for three years and come out not speaking a word but it is entirely possible to be functional in a foreign language within three months – if you want to. Your first language is learned entirely differently from birth and is automatic, unless there is something wrong with an individual no one grows up NOT speaking a language.

I don’t know why you feel the need to be so argumentative on here. It’s supposed to be a learning forum. Your word isn’t God. I’m more than happy to be wrong with something – that’s how you learn at the end of the day – from mistakes. and looking at things from someone else's perspective without getting shirty about it. Same with language learning, you don’t have to be right all the time.

I hope the querent will update which doesnt happen here often.

I wonder why?!
Tik

Everything doesn't always have to be an argument just for you to show how clever you think you are. You have a very off-hand way of expressing yourself that always sounds combative. I don't come here to be attacked for expressing my thinking over something in the process of trying to help someone figure something out. There are many ways to skin a cat - as William Lilly evidently shows. Peace!

tikana

Everything doesn't always have to be an argument just for you to show how clever you think you are. You have a very off-hand way of expressing yourself that always sounds combative. I don't come here to be attacked for expressing my thinking over something in the process of trying to help someone figure something out. There are many ways to skin a cat - as William Lilly evidently shows. Peace!

your original approach to this horary makes no logical sense.
that is all i am saying.
no one is attacking you personally. I am attacking your "approach".

The Everqueen

your original approach to this horary makes no logical sense.
that is all i am saying.
no one is attacking you personally. I am attacking your "approach".

It was just a 'thought' at no point did I say it was 'the way' to do it - it made sense to me if it was a hobby but we won't go there again - still ended up with the same answer anyway! So a load of fuss for nothing! :tongue::biggrin:

The Everqueen

Danke Ever queen :happy: doods at home cannot teach me German cos they are not that type " teachers ". first of all they have no patience. They all busy bees in their own worlds.

I have found this "German with Laura" her way of teaching is very understandable as if it is customised for me.

Thanks for the recommendations I will have a look :)

They can teach you inadvertently - just listen to them speaking, much easier to learn something in context than in a book really. If you need a tutor, iTalki is a good site to find one. The Community Tutors are a lot cheaper than the regular ones and finding one you get along with will make all the difference too.

Another site to check out is DW.com - There is a lot of information on there as well as lots of different courses that are free.