Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Air - (Gemini/Libra/Aquarius)

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Water - (Cancer/Scorpio/Piscess)

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters

Draco

Hi all,

Just wanted to try out sending a poll to see if it works. I was wondering if there is an even distribution of Sun sign elememts among us. I did want to do a poll for all twelve signs, but the poll won't allow twelve options, so it'll just have to be the elements.

Thanks.

Draco.

Angel of Something

I'm Aquarius (oh, no, now you guys know my sun sign. ha).

(And I'm very proud to be that sign... I mean, not everyone gets to read that their sign are known for their eccentricity)

So, air.

T

The wise

I am Cancer, Which would make my sun sign Element water. I would like to politely encourage the ladies and gentlemen who insist on viewing the polls but not actually VOTING to rethink their decision. I for one am fascinated with the results, and would like to see more of the voters posting that information as well.

kyle8921

Woo I have Pisces and Aquarius Sun, though it's 2 degress Pisces, so I voted for Water.

Seems there are a lot less of us... **** water people, too afraid to vote!

Lmao...

Draco

Hi All,

Interesting how water signs seem to be lagging behind. I would have expected them to stand out on a site like this. Perhaps Kyle is right, and water types are more reluctant to participate in voting.

I'm not suprised to see so many air signs around.

Thanks for extending the poll options radu. :wink:

Draco.

dylan

Hello I'm a scorpio Sun here with cancer moon.

Where are all my fellow water - emotion signs friends ? *Waves* :D

Natasha

Stellium in Leo including my Sun and Libra Moon at 0:34 degrees & scorpio rising. Bit of a contrast to handle I find but thats it

greybeard

All you need do, if this poll is intended to reveal the distribution of "Sun in Elements" is look at birth statistics by dates, and you will get a much better statistical picture of the distribution among the general population.

Assuming the Sun travels through the circle of the ecliptic at an even speed (it doesn't, but it's close -- it moves faster while in Aquarius than it does while in Leo), and that births are evenly distributed throughout the year (they're not; the figures for 2010 are in the table below), then we would expect an even distribution by sign and by element.

Most Common Birth Month Statistics (Source: http://www.statisticbrain.com/birth-month-statistics/ : from the CDC).
Total number of US births in 2010 = 4,000,279
August 362,798
September 350,711
July 347,934
October 347,354
June 336,251
March 335,786
December 335,111
May 334,437
November 330,832
January 319,297
April 308,809
February 299,235

this table shows that 9.077% of all US births occur in August (Fire and Earth) while only 7.483% of births occur in February (there are about 18% more births in August than in February, widely approaching a ratio of 5:4). This means there is a lot of Hanky-panky going on in November and December.

The average number of births per month (4,000,000/12) is 333,333.

By adding February, June and October we can get a rough total for Air (982840), and thus for each of the elements. We see that Air is under-represented [the total should be 1000000.]

Yes, signs and months are offset, but this gives us a ballpark picture of the distribution.

Last edited: