Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Traditional Astrology

Traditional Astrology For discussions on Traditional Astrology only. (Note: Typically, traditional astrology is defined as using techniques developed prior to 1700 by astrologers from the Hellenistic, Persian, Hebrew, and Renaissance eras. In general, it relies on Ptolemaic aspects (sextile, trine, square, opposition and conjunction) though there may be some exceptions, and always excludes modern planets (Neptune, Uranus and Pluto,) as well as any asteroids. The focus is less on what would be considered modern psychological chart interpretation and more on prediction. Members who wish to explore a combination of traditional and modern ideas should feel free to start a new thread in an appropriate forum for further discussion.)


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 06-15-2020, 03:31 AM
AW041 AW041 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 103
Combust Jupiter

Hi,

I wanted to check if people with combust jupiter always have bad marriages/bad husbands and any subsequent marriages will also be that bad.
Being a virgo ascendant, my jupiter is deblitated in the 3rd house, and have not been very lucky in marriage. I have also been told that my any next marriage will not be great.
Thoughts?


Last edited by AW041; 06-18-2020 at 02:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 06-17-2020, 11:20 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 59,580
Re: Combust Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW041 View Post


Hi,
I wanted to check if people with combust jupiter
always have bad marriages/bad husbands
and any subsequent marriages will also be that bad.
Being a virgo ascendant
my jupiter is deblitated in the 3rd house
and have not been very lucky in marriage.
I have also been told that my any next marriage will be great.
Thoughts?

generalisation is fun but unreliable



these are instructions
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART
TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/traditional-astrology

MOBILE
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Upload the image to Imgur using the following URL:

https://imgur.com/upload
3) Once the chart is uploaded to Imgur, click on 'Copy' or 'Embed Post'
4) Paste the Imgur image location to forum post

Quote:
DESKTOP
1) Once you generate the chart image using your favourite website, copy the image address
2) Click on the Attachment icon (if you don't see it, select 'Advanced' posting first)
3) New window will open, paste the image address, click Upload button, close the window

if that is for some reason not possible
then
another option is, after creating the natal chart
then save the chart to your desktop
then when on the thread click to edit your post
then scroll down to the Attach Files box
then click on Manage Attachments
and follow the instructions on the screen to upload your chart that way
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 06-19-2020, 08:35 PM
AW041 AW041 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 103
Re: Combust Jupiter

Here you find attached my chart. Combust jupiter, deblidated moon and weak 12the house (so weak mind, not a great husband and almost no sex)...life *****
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 06-19-2020, 09:59 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 59,580
Re: Combust Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW041 View Post

Here you find attached my chart.
Combust jupiter, deblidated moon and weak 12the house
(so weak mind, not a great husband and almost no sex)...life *****
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...907#post383907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnisphericus View Post

This is very intriguing subject isn't it?

Well, I must mention in the very beginning in explaining the methods here that they are of medieval astrology type (Bonatti, Abu Ali, Al Khayat and etc.).
To say that the method is 'Traiditional' is really using very wide range of time span in which different techniques for delineating marriage were used.
For example, the Hellenistic Astrologer's (Valens, Dorotheus and etc.) have used methods on their own, methods which I'll probably (not even later) not explain on this thread, but we can open another thread for that matter.
As this section of Traditional Astrology is quite new and in its beginnings, we now trow out the techniques here and there and title them as "Traditional". I hope that in the future we can make sub sections of traditional astrology, such as: "Medieval Astrology", "Hellenistic Astrology", Renaissance Astrology" and etc..

There are certain rules in Medieval Astrology compiled which can give quite good and workable methods for delineating marriage. The rules one can learn for a short period of time, but the practice is what is needed in order these rules to become second nature of the astrologer's intuitive tool in delineating such things as Marriage in the chart. This is what I would like to do on this thread: to practice as much charts as I/we will have the time to do it.


The Technique

The Compound Almuten is what is very practical thing in almost all methods used in medieval delineation. It seems that Bonatti and other medievals were very fond on Compound Almutens.
I will first give delineation for male charts, and in some later post will explain the delineation for female charts.

Finding the Compound Almuten for Marriage:

Find the Rulers of all 5 dignities for these places:

1. 7th house cusp

2. Lord of the 7th house

3. Planets in 7th house (if any)

4. Moon

5. Venus

6. Part of Marriage (According to Hermes) (ASC + VE - SA) for Men.

The Planet which gets most points over these places is Almuten of Marriage.
But consider also if there are impediments to these places.
If there is affliction to 7th house (by some Malefic's square or opposition), to the Moon (aspect, combust, cadent, retrograde and etc.)

See if one of the individiaul Almutens over these places is joined to the Lord of the Ascendant or its Almuten or the Lord of the 7th or its Almuten.
If they are in trine or sextile, and if especially in reception, then the native will rejoice in living beautiful life with his wife according to his desire.

But if the aspects were without reception, or if the aspects were square or opposition, then the significations will be judged lower.

Bonatti:
Quote:
But if the lord of the Ascendant were joined to the lord of the 7''', so that the former were lighter than the latter, it signifies that the native will want to copulate with women. If indeed the 7'h sign were Cancer or Scorpio or
Pisces or there were a conjunction of the lord of the 7
th or its Almuten with the lord of the first or its Almuten in these (signs) or from these (signs) or with one of them, it signifies that the native will have many wives or a great number of other women. If however you find the contrary, you are able to judge otherwise."

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 06-19-2020, 10:17 PM
aquarius7000's Avatar
aquarius7000 aquarius7000 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 6,539
Re: Combust Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW041 View Post
Hi,

I wanted to check if people with combust jupiter always have bad marriages/bad husbands and any subsequent marriages will also be that bad.
Being a virgo ascendant, my jupiter is deblitated in the 3rd house, and have not been very lucky in marriage. I have also been told that my any next marriage will not be great.
Thoughts?
Hi

Per my experience, this would not matter much in natal charts. Also, one should always see the entire chart to determine such important matters as marriage or job or health...
__________________
Be very wary of those that put down or ridicule another's way of worship because the former serves only their own ego thereby expressing that their God and their practice is the only true and right one. Such practice is completely synthetic and organised with just one mission- convert and increase the numbers of their own organised religion or cult. It reflects the intolerance, megalomania and fascism of such cultism- a pure antithesis to spirituality and morality.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 06-21-2020, 03:39 AM
AW041 AW041 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 103
Re: Combust Jupiter

I understand, perhaps attachment I shared can help and you can throw some light
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 06-26-2020, 09:47 AM
muchacho muchacho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,756
Re: Combust Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW041 View Post
Hi,

I wanted to check if people with combust jupiter always have bad marriages/bad husbands and any subsequent marriages will also be that bad.
Being a virgo ascendant, my jupiter is deblitated in the 3rd house, and have not been very lucky in marriage. I have also been told that my any next marriage will not be great.
Thoughts?
Combustion can mean different things in different charts. In horary, it can mean things being hidden. In natal, it can mean adding a more selfish/egotistical note to whatever the combust planet represents. And theoretically, if your Ju would be in good zodiacal condition, combustion wouldn't matter that much. The worst case here would be that the matters Ju represents are somehow dominated by the matters Su represents. And even if your Ju would be in bad condition, there are always other mitigating factors, like a strong dispositor, especially if angular.

And keep in mind that there are different ways to read a natal chart. One way is working with accidental significators, another way is working with natural significators. So in order to get a more comprehensive picture of your natal promise in terms of marriage, you should take Ve into account as well. And then there's also the part of marriage, as JA mentioned. So don't focus on one single factor only but also don't spread yourself too thin. I wouldn't recommend working with almuten though. That's going to create total confusion.

I'm looking at the sidereal chart here (calculating it mentally), and there your L7 has no dignity and additionally is USB and cadent and also out of sect. That's 4 out of 5 possible negatives in terms of zodiacal condition (for aspects and reception I need the actual sidereal chart). So that means your Ju can't act naturally (no dignity) or freely (USB), will feel uncomfortable (out of sect) and can only realize the bare minimum of the matters it is in charge of (cadent). IOW, the areas of life your Ju rules will be areas of major frustration and setbacks (unless you get proactive).
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 06-28-2020, 04:00 AM
AW041 AW041 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 103
Re: Combust Jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho View Post
Combustion can mean different things in different charts. In horary, it can mean things being hidden. In natal, it can mean adding a more selfish/egotistical note to whatever the combust planet represents. And theoretically, if your Ju would be in good zodiacal condition, combustion wouldn't matter that much. The worst case here would be that the matters Ju represents are somehow dominated by the matters Su represents. And even if your Ju would be in bad condition, there are always other mitigating factors, like a strong dispositor, especially if angular.

And keep in mind that there are different ways to read a natal chart. One way is working with accidental significators, another way is working with natural significators. So in order to get a more comprehensive picture of your natal promise in terms of marriage, you should take Ve into account as well. And then there's also the part of marriage, as JA mentioned. So don't focus on one single factor only but also don't spread yourself too thin. I wouldn't recommend working with almuten though. That's going to create total confusion.

I'm looking at the sidereal chart here (calculating it mentally), and there your L7 has no dignity and additionally is USB and cadent and also out of sect. That's 4 out of 5 possible negatives in terms of zodiacal condition (for aspects and reception I need the actual sidereal chart). So that means your Ju can't act naturally (no dignity) or freely (USB), will feel uncomfortable (out of sect) and can only realize the bare minimum of the matters it is in charge of (cadent). IOW, the areas of life your Ju rules will be areas of major frustration and setbacks (unless you get proactive).
Thank you very much!
A quick question, do you see another marriage for me? and I have been told becasue of poor Jupiter my any other marriage will be not great..how true do you think that will be?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
combust, jupiter

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.