Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.

Unread 05-10-2020, 12:25 AM

Synastry: Is composite Sun in the 12H immediately bad?

Hello,

Looking at composite chart between me and a person I'm dating and our Sun is well aspected (for the most part) but it's in the 12th house. Most interpretations I'm coming across for Sun in 12th house are "karmic" or "extremely difficult", but it doesn't feel like that so far.

Anybody have an interpretation for this they'd like to share? Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 5.15.29 PM.jpg (54.5 KB, 9 views)

Unread 05-10-2020, 11:20 AM

Re: Synastry: Is composite Sun in the 12H immediately bad?

It need not be bad, no - I have long-term friends where the composite sun is in the 12th but there is a reason it's usually called difficult. The 12th house is the house of sort of service to humanity (different angle than the 6th which is also about this on a more practical level) and alternatively of the unconscious and solitude. The composite sun is the basic identity of your relationship and is best placed in a relationship-friendly house (for example 1, 5, 7, 8 all make good houses for it) but when in the 12th the focus on the relationship becomes more the interests and issues of others vs your own.

So with this sun placement you won't just be able to focus on yourselves and work to make things happen in the usual sense - you can still do it but it will be mixed in with many other concerns beyond your own. I suspect that's partly why it is sometimes called a karmic position but this word gets used so much there are many different inferred meanings for it out there.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan

Tags
composite, immediately, sun in 12th house, synastry