Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 09-02-2017, 08:56 PM
Leondar Leondar is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 8
Looking to start a career, need advice.

I quit my job as a software engineer a year ago to look for direction, haven't found many since. Tried Vedic astrology - against my intuition, and the last year was terrible as I neither connected with the planets in signs, nor with the ancient system, went more off track than expected (needed).

I am sick and tired of having astrologers PREDICT my stuff, either through videos or natal chart reports. I want to know what I have, and what SHOULD I work with, like an actual conversation, I don't want to have to connect with the stuff and go Oh! That's what this means! I want to see what I have and how to work with it. I am looking for answers to What SHOULD I do, not what WILL HAPPEN. Rant over.

I have my Western chart, attached. And a link to the page, below. Can someone, anyone look at this and start talking, just say anything, something, human personal responses. What career SHOULD I consider pursuing.

I don't want to do the math, I am sick and tired of doing the math, I just want answers.

Thanks in advance, no offence at all intended.

<3
Attached Images
File Type: png graphic.png (26.4 KB, 40 views)

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 09-03-2017, 05:33 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,061
Re: Looking to start a career, need advice.

Birth charts allow a very wide range of possible careers. It comes down to which, out of that very wide range, you're interested in and have the means to pursue.

I see software engineer being one possibility that works well with your chart. Since that was what you became initially, it's obviously not outside your birth chart's possibilities. You could do very well at it. But if you left it because you didn't find it fulfilling, it's obviously not the right career for you.

Your Pisces MC has two rulers to choose from: Neptune if you go with the modern ruler, Jupiter if you go with the traditional one. They're in close opposition, which looks to me like some conflict for you in which career to pursue. Neptune is in your eighth house (other people's money, shared resources), while Jupiter is in your second (personal finances, money you earn for yourself, what you create for yourself).

Neptune conjunct Uranus looks a lot like the tech field to me. Uranus is associated with computers, the internet, disruptive technologies, all things tech. Neptune is illusion, and insight, and dream-like logic. Just like the tech field creates: the experience of being hooked on gaming, or social media, spending lots of time glued to the screen, is very Uranus/Neptune. Capricorn carries the weight of authority... the picture I'm getting here is that you became a software engineer because it was what others wanted you to do, and that you were supported by other people's money in doing it. Did you work in a startup, perhaps?

If Neptune is the career you went into for others, Jupiter is what you would go into for yourself. While Jupiter has a conflicting aspect, the opposition, with Neptune, it has a nice supportive trine with Pluto in your sixth house of day to day work. That suggests that the best way for you to make a living, and the way least likely to cause you internal conflict, would be in a way that fits with the meanings of Pluto/Scorpio and Jupiter/Cancer, and since your sixth house cusp is in Scorpio, you need something Scorpio-like in your day to day work.

There are many possibilities. Scorpio can be associated with investigating, turning up hidden things, psychology, the collective unconscious, hidden meanings, archetypes and stories, death, the occult, sexuality.... the list goes on.

Are you interested in psychology? Detective work? Storytelling of some kind, maybe writing or movie making or music? Teaching, maybe (associated with Jupiter, and with Gemini, has a psychological element to it)? If not any of those things, is there something else that resonates for you that would fit?

Last edited by Osamenor; 09-03-2017 at 05:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 10-12-2017, 04:30 PM
Leondar Leondar is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 8
Re: Looking to start a career, need advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Birth charts allow a very wide range of possible careers. It comes down to which, out of that very wide range, you're interested in and have the means to pursue.

I see software engineer being one possibility that works well with your chart. Since that was what you became initially, it's obviously not outside your birth chart's possibilities. You could do very well at it. But if you left it because you didn't find it fulfilling, it's obviously not the right career for you.
Yes that is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Your Pisces MC has two rulers to choose from: Neptune if you go with the modern ruler, Jupiter if you go with the traditional one. They're in close opposition, which looks to me like some conflict for you in which career to pursue. Neptune is in your eighth house (other people's money, shared resources), while Jupiter is in your second (personal finances, money you earn for yourself, what you create for yourself).

Neptune conjunct Uranus looks a lot like the tech field to me. Uranus is associated with computers, the internet, disruptive technologies, all things tech. Neptune is illusion, and insight, and dream-like logic. Just like the tech field creates: the experience of being hooked on gaming, or social media, spending lots of time glued to the screen, is very Uranus/Neptune. Capricorn carries the weight of authority... the picture I'm getting here is that you became a software engineer because it was what others wanted you to do, and that you were supported by other people's money in doing it. Did you work in a startup, perhaps?
Yes, I pursued the field of career that resulted from the choice my father made for me, educationally, I worked for a between A and B tier company, not too well, or too bad, getting by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
If Neptune is the career you went into for others, Jupiter is what you would go into for yourself. While Jupiter has a conflicting aspect, the opposition, with Neptune, it has a nice supportive trine with Pluto in your sixth house of day to day work. That suggests that the best way for you to make a living, and the way least likely to cause you internal conflict, would be in a way that fits with the meanings of Pluto/Scorpio and Jupiter/Cancer, and since your sixth house cusp is in Scorpio, you need something Scorpio-like in your day to day work.

There are many possibilities. Scorpio can be associated with investigating, turning up hidden things, psychology, the collective unconscious, hidden meanings, archetypes and stories, death, the occult, sexuality.... the list goes on.

Are you interested in psychology? Detective work? Storytelling of some kind, maybe writing or movie making or music? Teaching, maybe (associated with Jupiter, and with Gemini, has a psychological element to it)? If not any of those things, is there something else that resonates for you that would fit?
YES YES YES

all of this, investigation (Astrology) digging up the past (Archeology) all of it, even sexuality, psychology (was reading a book on psychology this afternoon xD), been thinking about the writing for movie and television program in VFS (Vancouver) for the past few days, been thinking about teaching, and applied for a B Ed program last year, didn't pursue because time, was JUST thinking about music based on Enneagram, and for office environment, MINUTES before opening this, storytelling, yes, blogging, for instance, astrology TOTAL YES...

...I don't know, but I want this, but I don't know, like the conflict you mention, I don't know, that's the real feeling, anyway, I don't want to be seen, I want to work in the shadows, to work make things better for people, and I don't want anything, really, I just want to investigate, support, and understand, that's all, I just want to understand, and I'm such an 8, it's crazy, sorry, need a few, will finish as soon as able

Last edited by Leondar; 10-12-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leondar For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (10-12-2017)
  #4  
Unread 10-12-2017, 04:57 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 4,061
Re: Looking to start a career, need advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leondar View Post
I don't want to be seen, I want to work in the shadows, to work make things better for people, and I don't want anything, really, I just want to investigate, support, and understand
That is very thoroughly Scorpio. That Scorpionic desire is exactly what you should pursue. What form it takes doesn't matter. Which of your Scorpionic interests you decide to make a career of doesn't matter, either, as long as you go with something that fulfills the desire. So, work with that, be creative, consider the possibilities, and whatever is most feasible to pursue will solidify for you soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 10-12-2017, 06:43 PM
kshantaram kshantaram is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: india
Posts: 2,416
Re: Looking to start a career, need advice.

hope the reading was found insightful, any ack and feedbacks to share.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kshantaram View Post

may be you could get into global technology research/scorpio, and teaching-training and advisory consultancy widespectrum analytical research services, and earnings-gains thereby, in the education, banking, education, insurance, manufacturing-mechanical-mining-food technology and foreign trade sectors,

utilising your analytical, literary, public relations and presentations skills,
coupled with a brilliant impressive intuitive personality,

where you need not take any major decisions yourself, and where need not get sandwiched between major choices;

time to take long-term decisions impacting next 30 years, not missing on opportunities owing to mere misjudgments, misunderstandings by the jup-sat opp; including considering moving to distant lands if need be.

wear pearl to strengthen objective decision making.

share feedbacks how relevant and useful these insights,
could adapt experientially based on your vision for yourself
and your self-assessment of your strengths and weaknesses,

wishing well,


kshantaram

I am sick and tired of having astrologers PREDICT my stuff, either through videos or natal chart reports. I want to know what I have, and what SHOULD I work with, like an actual conversation, I don't want to have to connect with the stuff and go Oh! That's what this means! I want to see what I have and how to work with it. I am looking for answers to What SHOULD I do, not what WILL HAPPEN. Rant over.
__________________
Donate to your Delight!!!

Last edited by kshantaram; 10-13-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 10-13-2017, 09:21 AM
Leondar Leondar is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 8
Re: Looking to start a career, need advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshantaram View Post
hope the reading was found insightful, any ack and feedbacks to share.





time to take long-term decisions impacting next 30 years, not missing on opportunities owing to mere misjudgments, misunderstandings by the jup-sat opp; including considering moving to distant lands if need be
Oh yes, I meant to reply to you, I think this one was the most relevant. I did consider everything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshantaram View Post
analytical, literary, public relations and presentations skills
but I think I really feel the appeal of Scorpionic careers, like @Osamenor mentioned, over these ones, and the others. They just felt too out of my "zone", niche, not something I felt was "in there", I can very much see myself doing them, and did even consider them, but I don't think I'll get far, without struggle, which in itself implies that it's not my natural calling, and I don't mean the "grind" or the "things which need to get done", but the fact that I will have to "internally struggle" to align myself to what needs to be done, which isn't my natural calling, then.

Cheers! <3
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
advice, career, start

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.