Saturn Synastry - What are your opinions, because I need HELP!

I have a few thoughts on Saturn. Saturn is a planet I'm particularly interested in, this is because unfortunately a lot people my age have their Saturn squaring my personal planet stellium and even my own mother has her Saturn squaring my stellium and my sister’s Saturn opposing my stellium (Yikes).

My saturn squares all of my personal planets, thankfully I have some jupiter and a healthy moon to ease these squares some what.

BUT, I read often about Saturn squares in synastry. A lot of people say how these Saturn aspects will play out in synastry depends largely on the relationship to Saturn in that person's natal.

Example -

Person A's Saturn Squares Person B's Mars

Well if Person A has healthy aspects e.g Saturn trine Jupiter, Saturn trine Mercury.. Then the square between their Saturn and Person B's Mars will be 'easier' to handle.

BUT I would think that Person A's Saturn wouldn't be used to the tension of the square, (as they have trines) so the negative traits of Saturn could be more prevalent?

Like I said above, my Saturn squares all of my personal planets. Whenever I've experienced situations where my Saturn has squared someone else's personal planets, I have been able to handle the energy very well as I've been aware of this energy my whole life and able to work through these conciously. (Although this could be due to other factors in my natal chart? Maybe my Venus/Jupiter in 3rd house? I'm unsure...)

Now for my next topic regarding Saturn… I would really like some personal help with this if you could offer your opinion.

Saturn is a ‘teacher’, I read this time and time again. I accept this, but what are they trying to teach?
Sometimes it feels that prudish Saturn is just plain old jealous of the Sun/Merc/Mars cheerful enthusiasm out of nowhere.
I remember being at a wedding party, at parties you dance. Saturn person said to me ‘Wow, you were so embarrassing on the dancefloor’, (I bit my tongue as I choose my battles, and didn’t want to dampen my night, I understood this was Saturn’s behavior). I sincerely replied, ‘I’m sorry if It was embarrassing, I was just celebrating their union’ and Saturn seemed somewhat guilty for their criticism, like they didn’t receive the satisfaction of an argument or they recognized it was their own insecurities? It feels that a lot of Saturns insecurities are flagged up by the other person and Saturn is envious or scared maybe they stray away or something??? I want to know what Saturn is trying to teach so I can learn, but sometimes this seems like a myth! I feel like Saturn doesn’t want me to be myself so I think ‘Well I’ll just leave then’ but then Saturn also doesn’t want me to leave? So shall I just sit and be quiet and twiddle my thumbs? So far, I’ve learned to do nothing, say nothing, be nothing because all I do is **** Saturn off!

ardentika

I've read many times about Saturn in synastry and usually squares and oppositions are not meant to last. Saturn is called for a good reason "Lord of Time" . With difficult asspects it gives you the lessons you need but makes sures they don't stay with you. I've noticed this in synastry too. Usually squares in synastry from Saturn esp to NN are not meant to last. But meant to happen. Now I don't know how this will play in your case when you yourself have a lot of Saturn squares.

wan

I read that hard aspects (opposition, square, conjunction) from one person's chart to another is necessary for the relationship to last.

Erickaf

I've read many times about Saturn in synastry and usually squares and oppositions are not meant to last. Saturn is called for a good reason "Lord of Time" . With difficult asspects it gives you the lessons you need but makes sures they don't stay with you. I've noticed this in synastry too. Usually squares in synastry from Saturn esp to NN are not meant to last. But meant to happen. Now I don't know how this will play in your case when you yourself have a lot of Saturn squares.
Where do you guys learn astrology and synastry? I am always surprised what I read on threads. I studied synastry...I read books on Saturn and I don't remember coming across that the squares and oppositions are not meant to last. I hope you can send me sources.

ardentika

Where do you guys learn astrology and synastry? I am always surprised what I read on threads. I studied synastry...I read books on Saturn and I don't remember coming across that the squares and oppositions are not meant to last. I hope you can send me sources.

Eh, I forgot, I kinda just go on google and read everywhere. I think it was a tumblr blog, but not sure.

It's true, I know that Saturn is needed to make a committment, however hard aspects from Saturn can be rather harsh. It's a harsh planet on its own already. I don't know how much that's true for the squares from Saturn, I definitely experienced that, squares from Saturn in synastry, and indeed it didn't last.

But also I think it's very important to note the natal aspects one has. I will say again, if you have heavy Saturn in your own chart, it's normal you will attract the same. For two reasons. Either you are comfortable with that energy and you know how to deal with it (hence become the teacher for someone else), or because you are not comfortable with that energy and don't know how to deal with it , so it will manifest in external source, aka partner. The position of your natal saturn is also very important. Everything is basically, no one can make a simple judgement just by one aspect, astrology is much more complicated than that.

ardentika

Now for my next topic regarding Saturn… I would really like some personal help with this if you could offer your opinion.

Saturn is a ‘teacher’, I read this time and time again. I accept this, but what are they trying to teach?
Sometimes it feels that prudish Saturn is just plain old jealous of the Sun/Merc/Mars cheerful enthusiasm out of nowhere.
I remember being at a wedding party, at parties you dance. Saturn person said to me ‘Wow, you were so embarrassing on the dancefloor’, (I bit my tongue as I choose my battles, and didn’t want to dampen my night, I understood this was Saturn’s behavior). I sincerely replied, ‘I’m sorry if It was embarrassing, I was just celebrating their union’ and Saturn seemed somewhat guilty for their criticism, like they didn’t receive the satisfaction of an argument or they recognized it was their own insecurities? It feels that a lot of Saturns insecurities are flagged up by the other person and Saturn is envious or scared maybe they stray away or something??? I want to know what Saturn is trying to teach so I can learn, but sometimes this seems like a myth! I feel like Saturn doesn’t want me to be myself so I think ‘Well I’ll just leave then’ but then Saturn also doesn’t want me to leave? So shall I just sit and be quiet and twiddle my thumbs? So far, I’ve learned to do nothing, say nothing, be nothing because all I do is **** Saturn off!

Saturn has nothing to do with insecurities or jealousy. Saturn is not a personal planet nor personal energy, which means when someone came trying to embarass you, they had nothing personal with you. It's like lord of time arranged that meeting so it could test you how you would deal with that energy. Saturn will put you trhough tests your whole life, but I assume you are already familiar with that.
Saturn wants you to be your true self. Not the self that is comforming society, or others. Your truest self. And ofcourse Saturn doesn't want you to leave, it wants you to stay and learn the lessons trhough trial and error.

You aren't pissing off Saturn, that's a wrong notion. As I said Saturn will put your through tests your whole life, it's all about how you respond to those tests. If you respond well, they will become fewer and fewer, and easier. If you don't respond well, they will repeat. No matter if you stand still or move fast, the challenges will be there.

I have intercepted Saturn in 1st house, and it's been pretty challenging most of my life, and will be still, but it gets easier with time. I'm mostly aware of what it wants from me, so I try to deliver when I'm asked to. If I can't ... well I know it will repeat basically. And it always does. Till I make it.

It's all about responsibility with Saturn, and responsibility is never fun, but its a needed part of maturing and growing up.

IleneK

Premium Member
I agree with Wan. Saturn contacts, and particularly hard contacts, point to longevity, even is the relationship is not good.
So pick your relationship carefully if Saturn makes hard contacts [1, 90, 180 deg] because they are hard to get out of if you want to exit.

I think I can handle the energy, I just don't want to have to be able to handle it :(

I've done some more reading about Saturn and found somethings. All the things that Saturn suppresses and hides away are displayed in 'full glowing colours by the Sun' and that this produces 'a very potent reaction'.

'There is often an element of reluctant respect or grudging towards the Sun because the Sun can express easily and automatically those qualities that Saturn finds difficult to express and frequently fears or dislikes within himself'

---- This to me sounds a lot like jealousy and a lot like my situation. This to me, sounds as though Saturn should be the one learning the lesson... That just because you don't like parts of yourself, doesn't mean you attack others who have the confidence to express themselves. So why is it so commonly understood that the planet person is always the one who needs to learn.

IleneK

Premium Member
I think it can go either way, with, as in your example, the Sun reflecting Saturn, or with the Saturn person acting out Saturn. It depends upon the entire chart of each person and the unique synastry chart they form as to how the Saturn contact will show itself.
But in any case, if this does not look like something you want, that is really good to know so you can absent yourself from it.

snotgirl

I have actually read that many married couples have harsh saturn aspects in synastry. Saturn aspects are the glue of relationships and they give them longevity. I have read many synastry and composite books too, but I also learn from what I see online and on youtube.
Harsh saturn aspects are karmic. I have only seen the "not meant to last" sentiment here.

It really depends on the natal charts, though. Personally, I'm a capricorn and I have saturn on my descendant and squaring my sun. I'm very used to saturn energy and would never enter a relationship without some strong saturn aspects. However, if someone has no saturn influence in their chart, a heavy saturn relationship might be terrible for them, and it may not last.

sea_of_qi

In Composite charts, Saturn in the 1st can indicate relationships that last forever even when they shouldn't. The closer Saturn is to the ascendant degree the harder it is for the relationship to break. I would expect Saturn contacts in Synastry to provide a similar longevity for better or worse. Saturn makes things last.

ardentika

In Composite charts, Saturn in the 1st can indicate relationships that last forever even when they shouldn't. The closer Saturn is to the ascendant degree the harder it is for the relationship to break. I would expect Saturn contacts in Synastry to provide a similar longevity for better or worse. Saturn makes things last.

That's true, also it's more true about hard aspects from Saturn but in the composite. I've had a synastry with someone's Saturn on my Asc, and it didn't last. We are still friends and keep in touch from time to time, but that's it. But it was definitely hard to let go for a long long time. I can agree Saturn is a karmic contact. But I've seen people who survive with not much Saturn aspects either. Karma is not always something good.

So indeed it really depends on the whole picture. I've always said we get what we need. SO just because a certain synastry looks difficult it means nothing, only that this is what we need. I always see our charts as gears and we have so little knowledge , and apparently a higher power makes those gears click when someone enters our life. SO yeah, astrology is fun to look at, but it promises nothing nor denies it.

sea_of_qi

That's true, also it's more true about hard aspects from Saturn but in the composite. I've had a synastry with someone's Saturn on my Asc, and it didn't last. We are still friends and keep in touch from time to time, but that's it. But it was definitely hard to let go for a long long time. I can agree Saturn is a karmic contact. But I've seen people who survive with not much Saturn aspects either. Karma is not always something good.

Yeah, it makes more sense in the composite because that is the relationship itself.

Karma is definitely not always good.