i was told this is very rare. can someone help!?

astro_2gw_01_suzanne_galati.65544.27554.jpg

So I read that this is extremely rare, but cannot find any further information about what it actually means..

As you can see from my chart, I have an Aquarius/Leo interception in houses 2 and 8. My doubled houses are in Taurus and Scorpio in 5/6 and 11/12. All of the signs and houses affected are fixed.

the house of the Aquarius interception is in 2 which is ruled by Taurus
the house of the Leo interception is in 8 which is ruled by Scorpio

House 5 is meant for Leo and contain Taurus - which is doubled in 6 as well
House 11 is meant for Aquarius and contains Scorpio - which is doubled in 12 as well.

I have looked everywhere but have found no information about the meaning behind it. There are also many karmic indicators in my chart as you can see (Nodal axis 2/8 Leo/Aquarius, intercepted planets, retrograde planets)

I would appreciate it if someone with knowledge of these circumstances could please lend their insight as this question has been burning inside me for quite some time. Thanks for your help!

haidee

My mind is blowing trying to figure this out.
I'd like to reply by asking a question.... Do you identify with the description of the intercepted/duplicated signs in your chart? If not, then maybe another house system is more suitable for you.

My mind is blowing trying to figure this out.
I'd like to reply by asking a question.... Do you identify with the description of the intercepted/duplicated signs in your chart? If not, then maybe another house system is more suitable for you.

I'm glad I'm not the only one stumped by this. I'm definitely more Taurus/Scorpio than Leo/Aquarius. I'm a Leo sun and do not possess much of the typical Leo traits. I've had quite a few long term relationships with both Taurus and Scorpio as well as friendships. My moon is in Taurus too. I just don't understand how or why it all configured so perfectly within the fixed signs and houses. I really do believe it's significant.

If it eases your mind at all, there is nothing rare about having intercepted signs in a chart.

Thanks I know and I'm not worried about the interception. I'm actually trying to work through them so I'm just trying to find the significance behind this strange pattern

Jadi

Houses are not equal to signs. The sign indicates your patterns where the house indicates the patterns of your environment or others. So I don't see why this would be confusing.

Last edited:
Houses are not equal to signs. The sign indicates your patterns where the house indicates the patterns of your environment or others. So I don't see why this would be confusing.

Everything I've read suggests that each house has a natural ruler. Aries 1, Taurus 2, etc.
maybe you have a different way of looking at it - but that's what I'm going by. The question is regarding the fixed signs and their respective succedant houses being intertwined. I have read that it is a rare occurrence but haven't found much more info than that .. So if you feel like it's easy to provide the answer I'm looking for than by all means interpret it for me (you are in the read my chart section), but don't misunderstand what I'm asking for because it's not as simple as how you're describing it.

Jadi

Everything I've read suggests that each house has a natural ruler. Aries 1, Taurus 2, etc.
maybe you have a different way of looking at it - but that's what I'm going by. The question is regarding the fixed signs and their respective succedant houses being intertwined. I have read that it is a rare occurrence but haven't found much more info than that .. So if you feel like it's easy to provide the answer I'm looking for than by all means interpret it for me (you are in the read my chart section), but don't misunderstand what I'm asking for because it's not as simple as how you're describing it.
I understand what you're saying, but you're phrasing it wrong. Aries doesn't rule the 1st house, Mars does. Why? Because Mars is the ruler of Aries. If you're interested in looking for the issues the house will provide look at it's ruler.

In your case:
2nd house: Venus
8th house: Pluto & Mars
5th house: Sun
11th house: Uranus & Saturn

Good luck.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Everything I've read

suggests

that each house has a natural ruler. Aries 1, Taurus 2, etc.
Many astrologers disagree with that idea :smile:
because
1st House ruler is the SIGN on the ascendant
and
ascendant sign could be any of the twelve signs
and not necessarily the two mars-ruled signs Aries or Scorpio
maybe you have a different way of looking at it - but that's what I'm going by.
The question is regarding the fixed signs and their respective succedant houses being intertwined.
I have read that it is a rare occurrence but haven't found much more info than that ..
Intercepted signs are not rare
signs are frequently intercepted
dependent on how far north or south of the equator
and
UNLESS
one uses Whole Sign Houses

astro.com Extended Chart Selection Page has options of fourteen of the more popular house systems
and in fact there are more than thirty house systems

So if you feel like it's easy to provide the answer I'm looking for than by all means interpret it for me
(you are in the read my chart section),

but don't misunderstand what I'm asking for because it's not as simple as how you're describing it
Maybe it is as simple as Jadi has described

Jadi

The question is regarding the fixed signs and their respective succedant houses being intertwined. I have read that it is a rare occurrence but haven't found much more info than that .. So if you feel like it's easy to provide the answer I'm looking for than by all means interpret it for me (you are in the read my chart section), but don't misunderstand what I'm asking for because it's not as simple as how you're describing it.
The simplest answer to your question is, other than it's rulers, houses and signs have nothing to do with eachother. So even if they're intertwined, it doesn't have any significance.

Oddity

Excellent, excellent series of posts describing the differences between signs and houses here: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8463

katydid

I have never seen intercepted houses as hugely impactful. But my teacher, Marion March, swore by them. She put a great emphasis upon which houses a planet ruled, and if there is an interception, then some planets may not have a rulership over any particular area of one's life.

In this chart, that would be both the Sun and Uranus that were devoid of their own houses to rule over.

With the Sun in Leo, in it's own glory, and in the 8th, one would expect a passionate, creative flair and artistic individuality. But with Cancer on the cusp of the house, instead of Leo, is something cramping your style? Emotional uncertainty, childhood insecurities, few of what the parents will say or think? With leo on that cusp, one would probably not worry about any of the above. But Cancer muddies the waters and throws water on the fire of leo's creative output.

Uranus has a different issue. And the interception may work in Uranus's favor. Uranus is in the structured and stilted sign of Capricorn. If Capricorn also ruled the first house then it would be even harder for Uranus to break free and be more innovative and rebellious. But with Sag there, making Jupiter the ruler of the first, uranus has more of a green light to break out of the box and listen to your own drummer.