Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 07-26-2011, 03:25 AM

Re: The Astrology of Myers-Briggs Personality Types

ISFJ - The Nurturer

0deg Pis Sn
27deg Tau Mn
14deg Scorp Asc

Merc aqua
Ven ari
Mar aqua
Jup ari
Sat aqua

Fit me pretty well from what I read.

Alicia Michelle Serafin ~ Facebook
Unread 08-06-2011, 03:47 PM

I took the test at least 3 or 4 times in the past two years.

I am an INTJ. Only about 2% of the population are INTJs or something, but I don't feel like I'm a mastermind/strategist at all.. That's why I periodically retake the test to see if the results would differ.

I'm new to astrology. I'll attach my chart incase you are somehow able to relate my personality type to my chart. o__o
Attached Images
File Type: gif astrochart.gif (53.7 KB, 14 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf chart.pdf (54.9 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by jenuine; 08-07-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Unread 08-06-2011, 07:20 PM

Jenuine, it looks like you, Inline, and I are part of a small but mighty band of geniuses.

So far as your chart goes, Leo rising might suggest an extrovert, but with both your moon and Saturn opposing your 12th house sun, it looks like you've been under siege from authority figures such as teachers and supervisors--possibly starting with your parents. It might be fun to let the Big Cat out occasionally, however. People with the sun in the 12th, 4th, and 8th do tend to be more private (introverted) people.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 08-07-2011, 10:31 AM

I'm actually very happy that I'm part of such a special personality type.

Inline, I totally understand how you feel about education. Luckily (or maybe not), I go to a somewhat mediocre university, so I could slide by with minimal effort and still be within top 10% of my class.

There have not been many opportunities for the strategist in me to come out and play. Hopefully, it will surface up later when I start working on my career or something. (:

I'm not a genius, but I don't think I am born to be ordinary (or at least, I don't want to be).
Unread 08-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Banned

Last time I took this test, I got ISFP. The times before that I got INTP.
Unread 08-07-2011, 08:24 PM

jenuine, I am a retired college professor and one thing I don't recommend is that you "slide by with minimal effort." Some day you may want a job that uses your considerable talents, and the competition out there will have worked hard to master their course content--probably at more prestigious and demanding institutions.

You have four planets that are very strong (domiciled) in their own signs, which usually indicates someone who can make something of her life, if she chooses to do so.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 08-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inline View Post
Another INTP, and with only 2% of the population, there sure are alot of astrologers in the group!

I was invited a couple of years ago to join an INTP blogging site. The idea was to communicate your ideas and meet like-minded people, but there were so few of us that it never took off. I guess everyone was over here.
Honestly the ISFP profile fits me more than any other, with INTP running a close second.

Maybe it's just that particular site wasn't very active, because I've Googled the different profiles and have come across forums that seem to get pretty decent traffic. On the Astro forums there were concentrations of certain profiles, but INTP wasn't one of them....
Unread 08-07-2011, 09:53 PM

INFP - Healer/Idealist

I can see how this may fit with my chart, this is the second time i've scored this combination.
Attached Images
File Type: gif natal.gif (60.5 KB, 7 views)
Lives in eternity's sun rise."
- William Blake.
Unread 08-07-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
jenuine, I am a retired college professor and one thing I don't recommend is that you "slide by with minimal effort." Some day you may want a job that uses your considerable talents, and the competition out there will have worked hard to master their course content--probably at more prestigious and demanding institutions.

You have four planets that are very strong (domiciled) in their own signs, which usually indicates someone who can make something of her life, if she chooses to do so.
waybread; It's not as bad as it sounds. I know education matters. I do have a goal of graduating cum laude. It's not the highest distinction, but it's definitely within reach.

In my opinion, grades only matter to a certain extent. It could be the sole determining factor of whether I get a job or not as a new graduate. However, I believe that after working a considerable number of years, my work experience and achievements would be what truly matters on my resume. At that point in time, GPA would be a really small factor.

Unless we're talking about actually applying what I learned in school on the job (LOL)... that would be an issue. I have TERRIBLE memory. I almost instantly forget what I learn in the class a week after the final is over. ):
Unread 08-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Banned

When I was first tested (I think about five years ago) it showed I am an INTJ. I retested myself two-three years later and it again showed INTJ. I think it described me fairly accurately and I liked the idea of a "scientist." I retested myself again a couple of months ago and it showed I am an INFP. I was baffled to say the least, as I thought the pattern was stable over time.

Tests initially showed I was on the brink between J and P so I understand that. But I scored slightly to moderately higher in Thinking while the new test showed a very high score for Feeling. That is too drastic a change for me to fully believe although my work as a teacher since the time of the original testing has made me more understanding and accommodating to people's needs. I would also be tempted to attribute the change to a progressed Moon in Cancer forming a grand water trine with Jupiter in Pisces and Venus, Mercury and Pluto in Scorpio. I feel changes in the types are to be sought in the progressed chart.

Other than that, I am as strong in introversion (Scorpio as the dominant sign in my chart) and intuition (Mercury in Scorpio conjunct Pluto, Neptune conjunct MC, Neptune sextile Venus, Neptune sesquiduadrate Moon, as well as Sagittarius as the second dominant sign in my chart (intuition in the type indicator is also large scale thinking vs focus on detail (which would be more characteristic of Gemini and Virgo).

The Thinking part in my previous testing I would attribute to Saturn conjunct Sun (an effect which is wearing off with time), generally well-aspected Mercury (exact trine with Jupiter in Pisces and conjunct Pluto to give it depth) and a very badly aspected Moon in Leo (square Mercury and Pluto, trine Uranus, trine Saturn. I view the last two placements as not very positive in terms of expressing the Moon's emotional and nurturing side.)

Judging versus Perceiving is an interesting tie. I would attribute Perceiving to the trine between Jupiter and the Scorpio planets, also to having a relatively strong mutable influence in my chart as well as North Node conjunct Ascendant which is progressively travelling through my 12th house.

I hope this helps and good luck with your testing! I think paralles like this one are extremely useful and really take astrology and psychology to the next level and thus the understanding of human character!

Edit a year and a half later: I retested myself again and it showed INTJ. Maybe the INFP result was related to the circumstances I was under at that time.

Last edited by zona967; 12-29-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Unread 11-23-2011, 03:39 AM

Wow fascinating

I usually test ENTP, or anything with Ne in dominant/auxillary (least INTP). I'll have to give this a shot, haha.

E - Gemini asc, asc trine jupiter Libra, gem venus?, suppose Saturn in Aquarius could go here
N - Cancer Mercury trine Pluto, Mercury opposite Uranus, Pisces moon in 9th
T - Virgo mars in 3rd
P - Mercury opposite Neptune

Not so sure on what my type is fully, yet, but I can easily see how the mercury aspects and Gemini ascendant lead to dom/aux Ne.
Unread 11-23-2011, 06:08 AM

ENFP
Here
So this thread does exist
Unread 11-23-2011, 06:37 AM

I'm ESTJ

I have a shitty chart with lots of squares.

Sun Libra, Moon Sadge, Rising Aqua.
Unread 11-23-2011, 06:38 AM

Lolllllllllll
Unread 11-23-2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
Lolllllllllll
You just laughed out loud? You're disqualified!

(I remembered your mention of that silent library vomit game...or however it went. )
Unread 11-23-2011, 06:46 AM

Hah yeah I would totally suck at that game ok
E i guess is my leo traits
N My cancersun and or moon conjuct asc
F see above moon 1st Moon Conjunction Venus
P hmm I dunno prob some mercury square pluto going on.

Last edited by Love2Know; 11-23-2011 at 05:29 PM.
Unread 11-27-2011, 10:46 PM

I decided I'm probably ENTJ even though every variable has changed except the N when I took this a few times a while back. I'm going to go take another test quick to see.

Last edited by Rebel Uranian; 11-27-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Unread 11-28-2011, 12:23 AM

I usually test as INTP with one recent anomalous INFP result

I - lots of 12th house planets. Saturn on the luminaries in the 11th.
N - 12th house Mercury, perhaps?
T - Mercury ruled moon, rather than the other way
P - Another Mercury function? Can't really explain this one without what looks like research.
Unread 11-28-2011, 12:59 AM

Haven't taken the big one yet, but i think INTP fits me just fine.

"To know all is not to forgive all. It is to despise everybody." Quentin Crisp

"Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost."
Charlie Chaplin, in The Great Dictator (1940)
Unread 11-28-2011, 01:08 AM

My personality changes almost all the time I take the test. I can't find a personality type that I agree with completely to me. I think I might actually be more ENTP than ENTJ, but I might even be something else entirely. I just know that my N score is about 90% every time I take this test. That doesn't mean much, considering I don't know anything else. Maybe I have MULTIPLE PERSONALITIES. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I'm probably just a ENTP.

I do know that I generally don't get along well with IS people at all since they're really conservative and boring. There's a good place to start.

Edit: "The least developed area for the ENTP is the Sensing-Feeling arena. If the Sensing areas are neglected, the ENTP may tend to not take care of details in their life. If the Feeling part of themself is neglected, the ENTP may not value other people's input enough, or may become overly harsh and aggressive." I'd say that's pretty final.

So:
E - Most planets above the horizon or in more extroverted houses below (such as the 1st or 3rd)
N - Uranus and Jupiter everywhere
T - Mercury and Air emphasis
P - Lots and lots of aspects that hate routine etc.

I'm also the opposite of serafin5 and some other people including lots of Virgos and Cancers, and I'm either "The Visionary" or "The Lawyer" depending on who you ask.

Last edited by Rebel Uranian; 11-28-2011 at 01:26 AM.
Unread 11-28-2011, 01:32 PM

Second time I've done the test and it hasn't changed from INFJ (The Confidant):

"INFJs, making up an estimated 1% of all people, are the most rare type (males even more so). They are introspective, caring, sensitive, gentle and complex people that strive for peace and derive satisfaction from helping others. INFJs are highly intuitive, empathetic and dedicated listeners. These traits tend to act as a "tell me what's wrong" sign on their forehead, hence the nicknames Confidant, Counselor or Empath."

So let's see...

Introverted: Pisces sun in the 4th sextile neptune, trine saturn/pluto.

Intuitive: Sag rising conjunct jupiter and uranus in 1st, neptune in 1st.

Feeling: Moon in 7th trine mercury.

Judging: Mercury in Aqua sextile uranus/jupiter.

A vague attempt, anyway...
Unread 11-28-2011, 03:36 PM

sequestra you have the sweetheart type awwwww *Touches you* ouuu
Rebel it says like you should take it a could of times and your types might evolve over time. ( it says, a psych phd student at my school who was my "carrier adviser" when I took the tests, she also told me you can't find these tests for free.......) The best is what I got for my main career suggestion CEO..... I was like thanks, now which courses do I take for that? Lol I hate having to focus on stupid details, so much its like pulling teeth.

Last edited by Love2Know; 11-28-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Unread 11-28-2011, 05:34 PM

I think i'm something in between of INTP (The Thinker) and INFP (The Idealist). I guess that makes me an Idealist Thinker?

Introvert (69.53%): Cancer Rising, Stellium in Capricorn, Retrograde Jupiter Rising.

Intuitive (61.13%): Aquarius Sun Square Pluto in Scorpio, Talent Triangle (Neptune in the apex, Pluto, Moon).

Thinking (56.47%): Two planets in water, 1 in Air (Singleton Sun). I actually think it should be 50/50 here

Perceiving (69.81%): Mars in Capricorn? Stellium in the 7th? I like taking my time when making decisions. I'm not a very good planner, a bit lazy even.

"To know all is not to forgive all. It is to despise everybody." Quentin Crisp

"Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost."
Charlie Chaplin, in The Great Dictator (1940)
Unread 11-29-2011, 01:30 AM

If you want to know what type you are, read about the ones you can't decide between. The obvious way to tell is the Jungian functional preference ordering, which is how I decided that I'm definitely a ENTP and not a ENTJ. If you score higher on one variable than all the other ones, that one variable is typically higher in some types than others because that's the primary mode of the type you're looking at. In my case, ENTPs always score really high on intuition, while ENTJs don't really because that's not their primary mode.
Unread 11-29-2011, 02:26 AM

Myers-Briggs plots me as INTP. There are other tests on http://www.similarminds.com for those interested. I hadn't really considered the test in conjunction with astrology. INTP is supposedly a low percentage of the population, but there seems to be several on this thread, and based on posts I've read, quite a few of the members on this forum. Coincidence?

Tags
astrology, myers-briggs, myersbriggs, personality, personality types, types