Hello! Libra Scorpio Cusp here ~

ArtMuse

Hi forum members;
There didn't seem to be a way to 'continue', only the option to post a 'new' thread, so here we go.

This is a vast community! I look forward to exploring all that you have to offer, and hopefully, building new relationships.

Thanks for being here!

Attachments

• October22.png
    October22.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 31

ArtMuse

Hi forum ~
I'm a bit perplexed...I see activity...is it possible my post is invisible? No welcome comments from moderators?
I would really like to feel more welcome so that I can learn more about this website and what it has to offer. Is there anyone out there who might have a conversation with me besides myself? :)

JUPITERASC

Hi forum members;
There didn't seem to be a way to 'continue', only the option to post a 'new' thread, so here we go.

This is a vast community! I look forward to exploring all that you have to offer, and hopefully, building new relationships.

Thanks for being here!

Hi forum ~
I'm a bit perplexed...I see activity...is it possible my post is invisible? No welcome comments from moderators?
I would really like to feel more welcome so that I can learn more about this website and what it has to offer. Is there anyone out there who might have a conversation with me besides myself? :)

Helo ArtMuse - I just noticed your comments - I'm not a moderator - you said
Hi forum members;
I did not read your previous thread so to save you repeating it all can you post a link to it? :smile:

ArtMuse

Oh Thank you JupiterAsc! ;)
I was trying to determine how everything works...including 'where' to begin posting as a newbie...I posted on another thread, and my post seems to have been deleted, with no explanation.
So, I came to this thread, and that was ten days ago.

I appreciate your response.
What's your best recommendation for threads to read?
I've covered the FAQ's, and forum guidelines that could be found...

Thanks again!

JUPITERASC

Oh Thank you JupiterAsc! ;)
I was trying to determine how everything works...including 'where' to begin posting as a newbie...I posted on another thread, and my post seems to have been deleted, with no explanation.
So, I came to this thread, and that was ten days ago.

I appreciate your response.
What's your best recommendation for threads to read?
I've covered the FAQ's, and forum guidelines that could be found...

Thanks again!

That's ok :smile: the next link shows how to upload a thumbnail of your chart so the forum can view and make comments
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

Once you have a copy of your chart you can then explore the basics:
(1) choose the free chart option (on astro.com)

(2) then click on 'Extended Chart Selection' which brings you to a page on which you'll see the word 'Options' written (to your left as you look at the computer screen)
and below 'Options' you'll notice that written at the same line level of the words 'House System' is the word 'default' (which you'll discover is the house system known as Placidus)
Click on the word 'default' and a drop down menu selection presents you which a choice of fourteen different house systems
you can now choose any house system you like,
just click on your choice and the name of the chosen house system appears in place of 'default'
Then looking to your right as you are facing the screen you'll find highlighted with white letters on a blue background the words: 'Click here to show the chart'
when you have done that successfully you shall have an immediate visual of your chart in that particular house system! You'll then see visually why it is that your planets house positions are dependent upon the house system that you use! When you wish to experiment with seeing your chart in another one of the fourteen house systems on offer at astro.com you'll find a yellow box outlined with a thin red line which states 'Back to chart selection' - that's just above your chart drawing and to your right as you are facing the screen - clicking on that brings you back to the house selection page and you can choose another house system. You then have the basics necessary to begin to explore the meanings of the various house positions of your planets. Here's some more good advice written by another member of this forum that I found on another thread
There is one thing about the study of Astrology: you must do your own empirical experiments to find out what works best. This is the scientific method. With software you can try many house systems very quickly. Keep a record of what you do and use confirmable questions not "how will I feel astrology". Leave that to the fortune tellers.
and here are some more commonsense comments for you
............In a nutshell, all house systems were attempts to figure out what sign was on the horizon and what sign was directly overhead at a specific time and then...how do we divide the rest of it fairly...especially at higher latitudes where we now need to project back to the ecliptic or equator or whatever................. Its a big, sticky pool to wade through and no one astrologer has THE answer. We just have traditions and examples. Until we are like the masters of old in having a well rounded understanding of higher math, astronomy and astrology, my humble opinion is to pick a master astrologer (historically), learn their technique/rules and use the house system they preferred until enlightenment is achieved...lol!

:smile:

Last edited:

ArtMuse

Oh dear. I might need to take a powder for this undertaking...*
Thanks for shining a bit of light on the path...(it's kinda dark in here...)
:)
I only had a printed copy of the chart avail., so I scanned it in...hope it can be viewed ok...(w/my notes/scribbles included...!)

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Oh dear. I might need to take a powder for this undertaking...*
Thanks for shining a bit of light on the path...(it's kinda dark in here...)
:)
I only had a printed copy of the chart avail., so I scanned it in...hope it can be viewed ok...(w/my notes/scribbles included...!)

Not a problem ArtMuse! Once you get practice with the basics you'll find chart interpretation makes more sense. Some astrologers say you need to choose between Modern as against Traditional Astrology but, because Modern Astrology is completely based on Traditional Astrology then you find it does help to read something about both disciplines. Knowing some Traditional Astrology helps you make sense of the reasons why Modern Astrologers make the kinds of interpretations they do - anyhow, astrology has plenty of room for all opinions - it just gets more interesting! :smile:

ArtMuse

Ah...I'm a goober..I see that I actually attached a copy of my chart at the start of this thread (must've been at a different computer...'cause it's not in my documents here).
There is so much to know, and as the cliché goes, the more you know, the more you realize you don't know!
Have always really enjoyed astrology, and have had two readings in person where I was told I would be "doing" this...but so far, not yet.
Gotta get my 'University' on...

Btw, are there any 'certifications' in astology? I guess that is a sweeping generalization of a question...

Thank you!

(addendum: This is the forum I had posted in when I first joined, on the 17th. My post is MIA)
The future cant be predicted at all. (for newbies)

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Ah...I'm a goober..I see that I actually attached a copy of my chart at the start of this thread (must've been at a different computer...'cause it's not in my documents here).
There is so much to know, and as the cliché goes, the more you know, the more you realize you don't know!
Have always really enjoyed astrology, and have had two readings in person where I was told I would be "doing" this...but so far, not yet.
Gotta get my 'University' on...

Btw, are there any 'certifications' in astology? I guess that is a sweeping generalization of a question...

Thank you!

There are certifications in astrology and here is a useful link for you regarding a discussion on that matter on another thread http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14125 :smile:

btw these are a couple of helpful opinion from another thread on this forum
There is one thing about the study of Astrology: you must do your own empirical experiments to find out what works best. This is the scientific method. With software you can try many house systems very quickly. Keep a record of what you do and use confirmable questions not "how will I feel astrology". Leave that to the fortune tellers.
and
Its a big, sticky pool to wade through and no one astrologer has THE answer. We just have traditions and examples. Until we are like the masters of old in having a well rounded understanding of higher math, astronomy and astrology, my humble opinion is to pick a master astrologer (historically), learn their technique/rules and use the house system they preferred until enlightenment is achieved...lol!

Last edited: