• The Moon is changing house and sign
  • The Sun is changing the house

What to expect?

Attachments

• sun 2nd progression.jpg
    sun 2nd progression.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 21

Frisiangal

S.A. Sun into 5th house releases the motivated solar energy onto 5th house affairs. This can be self creativeness, love (affairs), children, parental relationship, as well as hobbies and gambles. (Aries is always in for a risky business. :smile:). In Taurus physical safety, security, and self assurance can be given to any Aries impulsiveness and impatience. OR it can make life seem dull and 'unmoving' for the natal Aries spirit, whereby self indulgence can become a surrogate means of pleasure.

Natal Moon closely opposes Pluto that can refer to obsessive compulsions. As S.A. Moon enters a new sign, so does s.a. Pluto on the opposite side. The 6th house can refer to employment or physical illness. Gemini/Moon together bring about (in)flexibility towards change, issues with agility and/or nervous system in this area, whilst 12th house can refer to any kind of retreat as a relief/release from them.

Only s.a. Sun is a 'real' position, as it is the same as its secondary progressed position (one day = 1 year progressed). Moon and planets are all hypothetical positions that are moved at same arc of motion as Sun. Their natal aspects therefore remain the same, although they undergo a different 'essence' through change of sign or house.....which doesn't mean that they don't work.:wink:

A solar arc direction has an approximate 3 year influence; one degree before and after exactitude, and then loses its influence. A secondary progression brings about life changing circmstances. Neither Sec. progr. Sun or S.A Moon-Pluto make any immediate aspects to other natal planets.

Last edited:

Seneka

Frisiangal, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

About SA Moon-Pluto opposition - is there a way to tell what kind of obsessive compulsions? In what area? And if so, how can I manage them? The Pluto moves into 12th house and changes sign to Sag.

Which aspects would typically indicate *certain* life changing events in a secondary progression?

Frisiangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seneka
Frisiangal, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

About SA Moon-Pluto opposition - is there a way to tell what kind of obsessive compulsions? In what area? And if so, how can I manage them? The Pluto moves into 12th house and changes sign to Sag.
Have you become aware of what the natal Moon-Pluto opposition means to you?
A 4th house Moon in Aries brings 'basic instincts' to mind for me.
Pluto can either control or be controlled, by one's self and/or through another (Libra)in various ways.
This could accompany a deep struggle within to become aware of, overpower, and overcome powerful forces through which one is driven to 'feel and act' a certain manner.

Through solar arc direction, any theme between Moon-Pluto went through Taurus (fact through physical ) and Scorpio, Pluto's ruling sign (the intensity of emotional content). I read recently that Pluto is associated with purging (I thought a Neptune trait). If this be so, the entry of Moon-Pluto into Gemini-Sagittarius could accompany the end of any influence of tangible physical feelings, to feel replaced by those of an intangible nature in the realms of spirit (Sag.) and mind (Gem.).
How this would work depends upon the strength of other planetary traits feeding or denying the Moon's needs, and the personal growth of the individual Sun.
It should not be overlooked that natal Saturn is also part of the Moon-Pluto opposition. With Moon ruling the 8th house (Pluto's natural domain), the search for (individual) answers through the importance and investigation into life versus death, occult and/or sect situations, could play a strong role

Quote:
Which aspects would typically indicate *certain* life changing events in a secondary progression?
The chart you included did not give secondary progression aspects.
The daily motion of the personal planets, Sun thru Mars, are all fast enough to produce effects when, through secondary progression, they aspect any natal planet. Obviously, the conjunction would be the strongest, but any major aspect would produce an effect.
Jupiter's daily motion is fast enough to produce a further long-lasting effect should it aspect any planet to which it is not natally aspected. The motion of Saturn and those planets beyond it are so slow that their natal position indicate an influence for life.
That said I do believe that there are those who are more, or less,
'susceptible' than others to planetary influences to a chart.

I wonder if it is coincidence that, checking with the ephemeris,:
secondary progressed Mercury is entering its own sign, Gemini, to conjoin S.A. Moon. Applying of mental aptitude?
s.p. Venus in Pisces is now quincunx/inconjunct natal Pluto, and applying square towards natal/s.p Neptune (now retrograde). The two planets are not natally aspected. Bernadette Brady in her book 'Predictive Astrology'(aka The Eagle and the Lark) suggests that this implies a totally new situation arising for planets involved in such an s.p. aspect,
S.P. Mars has retrograded to 1*Libra, trining s.p. Mercury-s.a. Moon, another 'new situation' for planets not linked natally.

Houses and house rulerships should be considered in interpretation.

What it all means to you is not for me to say but for you to decide. :smile:

Seneka

Have you become aware of what the natal Moon (Aries/4th) –Pluto (Libra/10th) opposition means to you?

3 possible scenarios:

Father was controlling and abusive (Pluto/10th) and conditioned me to inhibit self-expression, repress anger, disconnect from own feelings, not defend myself (Aries, 4th). I’m working on overcoming this influence.

I want to turn music (Libra) into a career (10th) but don’t have the courage (Aries) to risk my security (4th). This struggle is constant and I don’t see how to integrate the two.

My partner who is a Libra ASC, Pluto on the ASC, but also Libra by definition since he’s a partner, seems to be projecting lots of his unconscious fears on me (Aries) but also manifesting is plutonian qualities at home (4th) with our kids which caused a great deal of trauma in the past couple of years. He’s been a source of major distress for me and I am working on asserting my authority, especially at home where the kids are. I am considering separation but am reluctant due to small children.

The person I work for is also known for his unhealthy grip on power, so that just adds to everything.

The past couple of years Pluto fried me really hard. I lost weight due to stress (developed bulimia nervosa aka uncontrollable purging). It seems like I’ve absorbed a lot of low-level Plutonian energy and I need to find ways to control it (or heal from it). A certain threshold has been reached and I am no longer able to accept it.

I feel like Saturn has played a key role too, imposing its limitations at every corner.

I’ll take any astrological pointers if you have more thoughts.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Does it change anything you wrote above?

It's said that females live more through the influential effect of their Moon and the soft aspects in their chart, whilst males tend to express the challenges in the harsh aspects.
The male/female significance does not necessarily change what I wrote. It may effect dealing with it.:smile:

david starling

Have you considered re-envisioning yourself by using Whole-sign Houses? A lot would change, maybe for the better, and it appears that you have the ability. What you tell yourself about yourself is important.

david starling

It's said that females live more through the influential effect of their Moon and the soft aspects in their chart, whilst males tend to express the challenges in the harsh aspects.
The male/female significance does not necessarily change what I wrote. It may effect dealing with it.:smile:

With Fire-signs in particular, cultural norms and prejudices come into play, regarding gender: A "bold, confident" male with a Chart nearly identical to a "pushy, abrasive" female, for example.

Seneka

Have you considered re-envisioning yourself by using Whole-sign Houses? A lot would change, maybe for the better, and it appears that you have the ability. What you tell yourself about yourself is important.

Hi David,
Do you mean read my natal (or progressed) chart using whole-sign system? Any specific arguments as to why that would shed a new/deeper perspective?

david starling

Hi David,
Do you mean read my natal (or progressed) chart using whole-sign system? Any specific arguments as to why that would shed a new/deeper perspective?

You seem very keyed into what Houses are about. I believe the House systems signify differing Life Path choices. I, myself changed from what I can see as a "Placidus Life Path" to a Whole-sign Path, unconsciously, before I knew what they were--it wasn't deliberate, it just needed to happen. It moved Mercury and Mars out of H12, and into H1; and Jupiter in Scorpio moved from H8 to H9. Big difference as far as functionality was concerned. You could envision what it would mean for you. It's even possible Whole-sign would already better describe what Path you're on. I always read Charts using both, to see which works best.