Why is Venus said to be exalted in Pisces?!

aquarius7000

Venus is extremely benevolent in Pisces. [IMO] it's an excellent placement.
Precisely. Pisces is where Venus can live its inherent qualities of love and compassion to the fullest and unconditionally (which does not happen even in Taurus and Libra). That is why Venus is exalted in Pisces, and exaltations are stronger even than dignities (which show only rulerships).

Venus, however, is weak in Virgo - a sign firstly that is cold and dry, and a sign, whose earthiness is too into critical details, which is the opposite nature of Venus.

To those with Venus in Virgo, please do not jump about Venus being weak in Virgo. That does not mean, per se, that you will not be able to find love or not love yourself. Look holistically at the houses that Venus rules and see how strong those area of life are for you. Also, see if benevolent Jupiter or a strong Moon aspects Venus to strengthen it.

Abby83

Precisely. Pisces is where Venus can live its inherent qualities of love and compassion to the fullest and unconditionally (which does not happen even in Taurus and Libra). That is why Venus is exalted in Pisces, and exaltations are stronger even than dignities (which show only rulerships).

Venus, however, is weak in Virgo - a sign firstly that is cold and dry, and a sign, whose earthiness is too into critical details, which is the opposite nature of Venus.

To those with Venus in Virgo, please do not jump about Venus being weak in Virgo. That does not mean, per se, that you will not be able to find love or not love yourself. Look holistically at the houses that Venus rules and see how strong those area of life are for you. Also, see if benevolent Jupiter or a strong Moon aspects Venus to strengthen it.

This forum is too obsessed with Pisces. I love my Virgo planets and think Virgo is one of the best signs in the zodiac. Everyone is different and I must say I'm mostly attracted to Venus in Virgo men and women myself. I don't see it as a flaw at all. I prefer their qualities to be quite honest. That's why I'm not a fan of this whole exalted planets. Eg say venus in Virgo represents a woman's hb in her chart. Some may say he's socially weak. But the woman might like that he's shy and a virgin who can tame her. Everyone is different. I'd really like to see how this forum will survive when slower planets enter Gemini and Virgo. That will shake it up!

david starling

This forum is too obsessed with Pisces. I love my Virgo planets and think Virgo is one of the best signs in the zodiac. Everyone is different and I must say I'm mostly attracted to Venus in Virgo men and women myself. I don't see it as a flaw at all. I prefer their qualities to be quite honest. That's why I'm not a fan of this whole exalted planets. Eg say venus in Virgo represents a woman's hb in her chart. Some may say he's socially weak. But the woman might like that he's shy and a virgin who can tame her. Everyone is different. I'd really like to see how this forum will survive when slower planets enter Gemini and Virgo. That will shake it up!

Virgo seems to be a very misunderstood and unappreciated Sign. Personally, I see it as THE "Sky-sign", with a direct connection to Earth's atmosphere. The archetype I use for it is mainly Athena, wise in the art of maintaining an abundant, harmonious civilization, but eminently capable of defending it through the art of war. I think Virgoans in general are intuitively keeping a low profile, sort of like being "cloaked".

aquarius7000

Not sure you read carefully - but we are discussing exaltations and falls. And, no matter how emotional or passionate one becomes about Virgo or Pisces, like there are rules/formulae in Science and Maths, similarly there are too in Astrology. And, the fall of Venus in Virgo or the exaltation of Venus in Pisces is just that!

david starling

Not sure you read carefully - but we are discussing exaltations and falls. And, no matter how emotional or passionate one becomes about Virgo or Pisces, like there are rules/formulae in Science and Maths, similarly there are too in Astrology. And, the fall of Venus in Virgo or the exaltation of Venus in Pisces is just that!

How does Neptune's modern rulership of Pisces factor in to these rules and formulae? :unsure: Given that "Dignities and Debilities" is specifically Traditional terminology, maybe this section should be moved into the Traditional forum.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

How does Neptune's modern rulership of Pisces factor in to these rules and formulae? :unsure: Given that "Dignities and Debilities" is specifically Traditional terminology, maybe this section should be moved into the Traditional forum.
I am the wrong person to ask, since I don't subscribe to Ura/Nep/Plu as sign rulers as there is no logic behind that modern rule for me. Plain rebellion against tradition doesn't do it. :)

Rhiannon228

I'm a Pisces sun, Mercury and Mars and my Venus is in the 12th, so I hope this still counts. From my perspective, I love EVERYONE. If people with Venus in Pisces feel the way that I do about others, I completely understand why it's exalted in Pisces.
I TRULY feel a deep love and compassion for every living being. I believe in kindness. My love for others is almost impersonal. Meaning that I feel love and friendship as much with the stranger at the bookstore as I do for my friends and family. I just feel love for everyone and everything.
Just my two cents ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

david starling

I'm a Pisces sun, Mercury and Mars and my Venus is in the 12th, so I hope this still counts. From my perspective, I love EVERYONE. If people with Venus in Pisces feel the way that I do about others, I completely understand why it's exalted in Pisces.
I TRULY feel a deep love and compassion for every living being. I believe in kindness. My love for others is almost impersonal. Meaning that I feel love and friendship as much with the stranger at the bookstore as I do for my friends and family. I just feel love for everyone and everything.

Aquarian Moon?

aquarius7000

Ditto that. I greet the door/security person or toilet cleaner-person at work just the same as I do my boss. I smile at every homeless and do what I can on a daily basis, instead of frowning at them and thinking - they are living off of my tax money. Stopping and helping a blind person cross the busy roads of nyc comes naturally to me. I also have a big heart for animals.
Nothing beats Venus in Pisces that will selflessly do for others, and that is the reason it is exalted in Pisces.

Abby83

I was thinking about Venus in Pisces lately and this is how I feel.

I think Venus in Virgo natives have physical beauty, but lack self love. They work too hard to get love but their bodies are immaculate. So there is a good level of physical beauty.

With Venus in Pisces on the other hand, I don't think it's exalted here because of physical beauty. Sometimes I wonder if its just my opinion but then I check with other ppl and they agree with the idea that Pisces Venus are not as physically appealing, especially when it comes to skin and muscle tone.

So why is Venus exalted in Pisces? It's the qualities. The selfless love, the gentleness and positive appreciation of others, receptivity, fantasy, artistic interests, and emotions.

Venus in Taurus and Libra on the other hand has both physical and emotional beauty.

Last edited:

AppLeo

I don't think Venus determines physical beauty at all.

I've seen ugly and attractive of all Venus sign placements.

Gigi Gorgeous has Venus in Pisces. Don't tell me she isn't physically attractive.

qiXmiD

Abby83

I've seen ugly and attractive of all Venus sign placements.

Gigi Gorgeous has Venus in Pisces. Don't tell me she isn't physically attractive.

qiXmiD

That's exactly my point.

As for Gigi, she's hideous.

Abby83

Hideous how?

Fake. The lips and glass eyes. Plastering layers of make up doesn't make you beautiful. Everything in the face looks fake. And I haven't even seen the body. If she's gonna go as far as being plastic, she should at least try to look as good as barbie.

jkxx74

Premium Member
Correct, according to this book and I'm inclined to agree. Venus instead shows what we value and find beautiful although it is synchronistically echoed by the personality somehow.

Though it was Abby's comment which brought me here since I agree with her definitions of the various placements.

As for self-love problems the Sun and Venus can create the minor semi-square aspect although they can't be in any other aspect excepting the conjunction and I think that semi-square tends to have this quality.

JUPITERASC

Well I cant watch a video now
so ive got no idea what it's about.

l8rs then :smile:

It's a Traditional pattern that excludes the outer 3 Planets.

recent - just published 10 May 2018

and discusses
ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES and DEBILITIES in Traditional Astrology

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVz6xT7yHDs

it's episode 156 of Astrology Podcast
Charles Obert discussing in detail essential dignities
and debilities
and
how ESSENTIAL DIGNITIES & DEBILITIES are used

to determine the condition of a planet in an astrological chart.