Sun Sign Confusion? Am I a Cancer or Leo?

lunarye12

Hello!

I am new to all of this and would love if someone can help me interpret my natal chart. I've always considered myself a Cancer. So it's surprising to me to see that I am a Leo although I was born on July 22. But since my birth time is 7:05pm I am considered a Leo?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 11.42.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 11.42.52 PM.png
    139 KB · Views: 23

eightsquares

You are a Leo for sure. I'm also born on the 22nd (September 1993), except I'm born at the end of a sign (Virgo), whereas you're born at the start. I'll leave the chart analysis up to the more experienced users, although I should point out that there's a lot of information to be obtained by researching your Chinese zodiac sign as well (or, try researching "Leo/Dog"; The New Astrology is one source for this).

Osamenor

Staff member
You're a Leo because you were born after the sun transited to Leo. The exact date and time when the sun changes signs varies from year to year. July 22nd is one possible date for the sun to transit to Leo. It can happen earlier or later. Some horoscope books list it as a Cancer date, some as a Leo date, but it's not the same every year.

It looks like the sun transited to Leo on the day you were born (it's at 0 degrees, which means it must've made the transit within the previous 24 hours, because the sun moves an average of 1 degree a day). In that case, yes, the later in the day you were born gives you a better chance of being a Leo.

kshantaram

Premium Member
How correct is 7.05pm exact?
could check if sun would be in cancer moving back few minutes to 7.03pm etc.

Hospital records could be few mins delayed, practically,
unless birth was closely monitored by watch and recorded correctly
either by the hospital or by close relative present at the birth moment.

regards, kshantaram