The 12th house is the things we don't like.

sibylline

100% positive, My arch-enemy is in my 12th, I am in his 12th. A-hole has even wrote books slandering me.

What do you mean "in your 12th" -- Sun in 12th? Or Moon, Ascendant, any other personal planet or point in your 12th? If that's what you mean, I have Cancer in 12th (like you, Mia), and I've rarely found Cancer Sun, Moon, etc to be enemies. I tend to like them.

Last edited:

MiaMiaMia

What do you mean "in your 12th" -- Sun in 12th? Or Moon, Ascendant, any other personal planet or point in your 12th? If that's what you mean, I have Cancer in 12th (like you, Mia), and I've rarely found Cancer Sun, Moon, etc to be enemies. I tend to like them.

Me too, not all of them, but they resonate well with other aspects of my chart :smile:

How do you experience your 12th house in Cancer btw? I think it´s quite a powerful house, right?

sibylline

Me too, not all of them, but they resonate well with other aspects of my chart :smile:

How do you experience your 12th house in Cancer btw?

I can never be sure. I haven't found anything associated with the sign of Cancer to be harmful to me. On the other hand, the Leo ASC, Cancer 12th house is supposed to indicate that vulnerable emotions are buried deep, where a proud and/or happy face is shown to the world. My Moon is in the 5th and trine the Ascendant and sextile Mercury though, so it's a little different from most and more easily expressed outwardly.

craft94

My Venus is placed in the 12th house of this boy with a crush on me (oddly enough it's also placed in the 12th house of one of my favorite musicians/crushes). I don't think he sees me as his "arch-enemy" but he has a Venus-Neptune hard aspect and being Venus, well I didn't lead him on. I made sure of that. I was very blunt with him actually, but let's just say he lead himself on. I'm not an enemy exactly but I get the feeling he thinks of me as more of a friend than I actually am. (He's into astrology and I think he'd know this was me if he saw this **** let's say a prayer)

This other guy I dated had his Venus in my 12th house, and I guess the reverse kind of happened except this guy initially chased after me (but left once he got what he wanted, so to speak). I still don't think he's my "enemy" but again, hidden motives are involved.

My Moon is placed in my friends 12th house, and I wouldn't say I'm her enemy. I love her. But there have been times where I've gotten angry and I have a hard time being honest with her or confronting her about this, because she's ultra sensitive and I know that if I say the wrong thing, she'll start threatening to kill herself. This isn't a problem I usually have either. So I guess you can say my feelings are hidden from her.

As for my own 12th house, well, my own Moon is placed there but I've never had any real trouble with Taurus's. I don't know many Tauruses. This guy I dated was a Taurus Venus, one of my best friends is a Taurus Venus, my mom is a Taurus Venus, my sister is a Taurus rising and the friend I just mentioned is a Taurus rising - besides that I have no significant relationshups with them whatsoever.

Almost all of my closest friends are Scorpio Risings, meaning my Sun (and possibly my scorpio planets depending on the degree) and I can say with 100% certainty that I'm not secretly talking behind their backs or plotting their murders in my head.

I think the 12th house represents all things hidden - and this could refer to enemies but not necessarily. With my Moon in the 12th, I've dealt with a lot of backstabbing, two faced friends so I do think its *something* the 12th house symbolizes but not the only thing.

MiaMiaMia

I can never be sure. I haven't found anything associated with the sign of Cancer to be harmful to me. On the other hand, the Leo ASC, Cancer 12th house is supposed to indicate that vulnerable emotions are buried deep, where a proud and/or happy face is shown to the world. My Moon is in the 5th and trine the Ascendant and sextile Mercury though, so it's a little different from most and more easily expressed outwardly.

I relate to the hiding of vulnerable feelings and putting on a face, but I don´t know how it really looks like to others.

I have experience with a Leo Sun friend (don´t know the rest of her chart) who does this also, but the front is very easy to see through, so the only person she fools is herself, thinking that people don´t know about her hidden sadness, needs, etc...:innocent:

Interesting, what sign is your Moon in? Isn´t this an artistic placement, since it´s the 5th house?

MiaMiaMia

My Venus is placed in the 12th house of this boy with a crush on me (oddly enough it's also placed in the 12th house of one of my favorite musicians/crushes). I don't think he sees me as his "arch-enemy" but he has a Venus-Neptune hard aspect and being Venus, well I didn't lead him on. I made sure of that. I was very blunt with him actually, but let's just say he lead himself on. I'm not an enemy exactly but I get the feeling he thinks of me as more of a friend than I actually am. (He's into astrology and I think he'd know this was me if he saw this **** let's say a prayer)

This other guy I dated had his Venus in my 12th house, and I guess the reverse kind of happened except this guy initially chased after me (but left once he got what he wanted, so to speak). I still don't think he's my "enemy" but again, hidden motives are involved.

My Moon is placed in my friends 12th house, and I wouldn't say I'm her enemy. I love her. But there have been times where I've gotten angry and I have a hard time being honest with her or confronting her about this, because she's ultra sensitive and I know that if I say the wrong thing, she'll start threatening to kill herself. This isn't a problem I usually have either. So I guess you can say my feelings are hidden from her.

As for my own 12th house, well, my own Moon is placed there but I've never had any real trouble with Taurus's. I don't know many Tauruses. This guy I dated was a Taurus Venus, one of my best friends is a Taurus Venus, my mom is a Taurus Venus, my sister is a Taurus rising and the friend I just mentioned is a Taurus rising - besides that I have no significant relationshups with them whatsoever.

Almost all of my closest friends are Scorpio Risings, meaning my Sun (and possibly my scorpio planets depending on the degree) and I can say with 100% certainty that I'm not secretly talking behind their backs or plotting their murders in my head.

I think the 12th house represents all things hidden - and this could refer to enemies but not necessarily. With my Moon in the 12th, I've dealt with a lot of backstabbing, two faced friends so I do think its *something* the 12th house symbolizes but not the only thing.

Would you say that you tend to hide your emotions/opinions/motives though? Or bury them so to speak?

craft94

Would you say that you tend to hide your emotions/opinions/motives though? Or bury them so to speak?

Are you referring to my Moon in the 12th?

I'm not sure. I mean, yes. I don't think anyone knows the "real me". A lot of my life is internal and there's a lot people don't know about me. I keep a lot of things to myself, and how much of that is even conscious, I'm not sure. Some of it is, some of it isn't. But I'm a very emotional, very sensitive person and I find it hard to hide. I wear my heart on my sleeve to an unhealthy degree (unhealthy by society's standards anyway).

MiaMiaMia

Are you referring to my Moon in the 12th?

I'm not sure. I mean, yes. I don't think anyone knows the "real me". A lot of my life is internal and there's a lot people don't know about me. I keep a lot of things to myself, and how much of that is even conscious, I'm not sure. Some of it is, some of it isn't. But I'm a very emotional, very sensitive person and I find it hard to hide. I wear my heart on my sleeve to an unhealthy degree (unhealthy by society's standards anyway).

That´s so interesting, since many people do it of course, but everyone has their reasons. So you say that it´s just default mode in your case?

Idk enough about the 12th, but have you ever read other natal charts with that Moon i na biographical way, like you share the life experience of those people? I ask because one thing I heard a lot is that the 12th is basically a lot of potential, sorry because that and the confinement are the only things I know:whistling:, but sounds powerful to me.

Bambi95

Account Closed
I have Cancer in my 12th house and the guy I'm going to make my BF is a Cancer. No way is he my enemy by any means. His Sun and Jupiter fall in there by the way - perhaps being the greater benefit plays a role there, unsure.

I wonder if it really depends on the planets that fall into that house? Maybe Mars or Saturn being placed in another's 12th can make them a secret enemy?

MiaMiaMia

Sagittarius Moon. Can be artistic because it just needs to creative self-expression. With a dramatic flourish, of course. :happy:

Interesting, because I assume it´s also an interesting contrast between the fire/water energies.
What art forms are you the most interested in btw? Does it relate to the Sag energy? Or Jupiter, as in is it about creating A LOT:joyful:or being philosophical about it?

MiaMiaMia

12th house also rules dreams, sleep and 'bed pleasures', btw.

Does that mean that it influences sexuality? And how?
Because we already have Mars in the style of pursuits, Venus in the relationship between the lovery, the 5th in the fun/romance department, the 8th in the transformative aspect of it... that´s a lot of focus on sexuality:joyful:

I have Cancer in the 12th btw, its ruler the Moon in the 6th, does that mean that I am caring/traditional and consider sex a part of my service/routine?

astrobunny

In synastry, I'd had quite a few close friendships with people whose 12th house my sun/moon activate. Same for people who activate my 12th house. In every case, we stir up unconscious desires & baggage within each other. Ime, it's been a really good indicator for a relationship where healing from past experiences occurs. EDIT: I imagine that is helped by the fact that my relationship with the individuals is more positive than negative tho.

Last edited:

craft94

How about spending habits? I´ve read that they are also tied to the 12th.

For spending habits, I'd look at the 2nd house. I have no idea what the 12th house would have to do with spending habits. I'd also look at the Moon for habitual anything.