Do you believe in Astrology

waybread

I think we always have to be critical thinkers, so "belief" may be too strong a word.

I have studied astrology for the past 26 years. There is the good, the bad, and the ugly. I don't believe in bad astrology. I think good astrology has merit.

chris10

I don't believe in Astrology because it doesn't require belief--it obviously exists.:smile:

I was actually asking if you believe astrology really works ... some things occasionally happen in my life and I start questioning it all over :annoyed:
Trying to figure out if we should be using trad or modern, relocation chart or natal requires great amount of study time which can be a problem if you don't actually have that time :pouty:

chris10

I think we always have to be critical thinkers, so "belief" may be too strong a word.

I have studied astrology for the past 26 years. There is the good, the bad, and the ugly. I don't believe in bad astrology. I think good astrology has merit.

26 years is a long time waybread! Do you have any experience with relocation charts?

waybread

Some-- you have to move some distance away from your birth place to see much difference. Then see whether you have better aspects to your angles, and how your planets move between houses. For instance, if you're making a big career move, you'd hope for favourable action involving your relocated MC or 10th house. See also the planetary line maps under "special charts" at Astrodienst on their chart construction page.

david starling

I was actually asking if you believe astrology really works ... some things occasionally happen in my life and I start questioning it all over :annoyed:
Trying to figure out if we should be using trad or modern, relocation chart or natal requires great amount of study time which can be a problem if you don't actually have that time :pouty:

I think some Charts (like mine) make it VERY easy to see Astrological correlations in everyday life. Astrology informs my world-view to such an extent, it's not just a means to an end, such as prediction or self-analysis, although it's that as well. The way I now view Astrology, it's both egalitarian and essentially non-judgemental, since I don't believe we choose our Charts or the circumstances into which we are born. I originally thought Earth-sign placements in particular made Astrology seem illusory and unreal, but that hasn't been the case with the younger generations. What year were you born?

tsmall

Premium Member

I believe that astrology works, and fwitw I believe that your question is similar to asking if a higher power ordered the universe, and then left markers for us. Or, to put it a more Uranian way, I believe that astrology works because time is not linear. Everything is connected ("Trust the Force, Luke) and the past, present and future are all happening simultaneously. I believe that if you believe in God, however you perceive her/him, then it follows that you ought to believe in divination.

And at the end of the day, I study traditional astrology, because I believe that prediction is possible based on what I previously stated. "There are more things, Horatio..." I have seen too many accurate horary charts to NOT believe astrology works.

chris10

I think some Charts (like mine) make it VERY easy to see Astrological correlations in everyday life. Astrology informs my world-view to such an extent, it's not just a means to an end, such as prediction or self-analysis, although it's that as well. The way I now view Astrology, it's both egalitarian and essentially non-judgemental, since I don't believe we choose our Charts or the circumstances into which we are born. I originally thought Earth-sign placements in particular made Astrology seem illusory and unreal, but that hasn't been the case with the younger generations. What year were you born?
1973. The fact that I've moved across the Atlantic gives me a very different relocation chart than my natal. That perplexes things. It makes it difficult to decide what actually works and what does not. :sad:

chris10

I believe that astrology works, and fwitw I believe that your question is similar to asking if a higher power ordered the universe, and then left markers for us. Or, to put it a more Uranian way, I believe that astrology works because time is not linear. Everything is connected ("Trust the Force, Luke) and the past, present and future are all happening simultaneously. I believe that if you believe in God, however you perceive her/him, then it follows that you ought to believe in divination.

And at the end of the day, I study traditional astrology, because I believe that prediction is possible based on what I previously stated. "There are more things, Horatio..." I have seen too many accurate horary charts to NOT believe astrology works.

Thank you Tam.
My questioning has to more with my natal chart. Nothing seems to fit perfectly, some planets in some houses seem to work better using placidus and some seem to fit better using whole signs. Then, parts of my relocation chart seem to work too. But, when using my relocation chart I still am torn between whole signs and placidus,
traditional or modern. :pouty:

david starling

1973. The fact that I've moved across the Atlantic gives me a very different relocation chart than my natal. That perplexes things. It makes it difficult to decide what actually works and what does not. :sad:

Something else to add to your perplexity!:lol:Just what you need, right? Whole-sign Mars in Aries is in the 8th.

david starling

LOL Thanks ... for the help :pouty:

What does that mean David? What wouls Mars in Aries is in the 8th mean?

Strong transformational ability. Use it wisely (which you already know). I think Virgo Asc would cause you to question whether Astrology "works", whereas Sagittarius Asc would cause doubt as to whether you need it at all, whether it works or not. And then, there's that saying "wherever you go, there you are". Seems to me, "there YOU are" would be about your original Natal-chart, but that's just my opinion. There are some very good Astrologers who believe otherwise.

chris10

Strong transformational ability. Use it wisely (which you already know).
:smile: I do have some clues on that

I think Virgo Asc would cause you to question whether Astrology "works", whereas Sagittarius Asc would cause doubt as to whether you need it at all, whether it works or not.
True!

And then, there's that saying "wherever you go, there you are". Seems to me, "there YOU are" would be about your original Natal-chart, but that's just my opinion. There are some very good Astrologers who believe otherwise.
Of course, it makes sense the natal chart is stronger especially concerning personality. However, every placement, whether I use whole signs or placidus, natal or relocation, seems to have merit regarding prediction work, transits etc.
The question is what should I take into consideration when I want to use astrology as an aid tool in making important decisions? :pouty:

david starling

:smile: I do have some clues on that

True!

Of course, it makes sense the natal chart is stronger especially concerning personality. However, every placement, whether I use whole signs or placidus, natal or relocation, seems to have merit regarding prediction work, transits etc.
The question is what should I take into consideration when I want to use astrology as an aid tool in making important decisions? :pouty:

That's because you can, by virtue of your Natal-chart, make practical decisions using intuition and experience alone. In hindsight, which Astrological configuration has been most correct when checked against past decisions, the results of which you already know? It doesn't matter what works for others, just what works for you!

chris10

That's because you can, by virtue of your Natal-chart, make practical decisions using intuition and experience alone.
They both do wonders.

In hindsight, which Astrological configuration has been most correct when checked against past decisions, the results of which you already know? It doesn't matter what works for others, just what works for you!
lack of time, I'll reply later

CapAquaPis

I have to say Yes, I looked into astrology to find out what happened in my past and what to expect in the future, a form of fortunetelling and futurism. How does astrology work? We don't really know. You might ask God almighty itself on the provocative role planetary or celestial bodies have on our daily lives.