Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 10-30-2016, 05:34 PM

Smile Re: "Beauty" in natal chart?

I saw a comprehensive study which showed that good looks are an advantage when it comes to hiring and promotions.

Unread 10-30-2016, 05:34 PM

Re: "Beauty" in natal chart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
sounded a lot like Rayla, to me...
I think it probably was. Wouldn't be surprised...
Unread 10-30-2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
I saw a comprehensive study which showed that good looks are an advantage when it comes to hiring and promotions.
That's not surprising either.
Unread 10-30-2016, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
That's not surprising either.
That was about good Venus/Saturn Aspect=$$$.
Unread 10-30-2016, 06:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
That was about good Venus/Saturn Aspect=$$$.
What about a Venus-Saturn square aspect? Because the Venus-Uranus square gives of a more intense energy than say the trine. But for the Saturn, would it be right to think that it would need to be well placed?
Unread 10-30-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell87 View Post
What about a Venus-Saturn square aspect? Because the Venus-Uranus square gives of a more intense energy than say the trine. But for the Saturn, would it be right to think that it would need to be well placed?
Most of the time, a harsh aspect from a malefic will be a negative thing. For instance, many of the people I've seen on this forum with issues surrounding relationships had Saturn square their Venus.
Unread 10-30-2016, 07:36 PM

Saturn has nothing to do with beauty, with the appearance, or the aura, and very little to do with the personality except as one's personal sense of practical order, rules and self-discipline. If a native with Saturn-Venus aspects happens to beautiful, look to other aspects and placements involving Venus like those with the Sun, Ascendant, and perhaps the Moon to explain that. The only exception may be if Saturn rules a Capricorn Ascendant.
Unread 10-30-2016, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyP View Post

1. row a:Male Model Looks Aries , b:Black model looks Capricorn , c:Looks earth sign, d:Libra + fire sign and a water sign

2. row a:Capricorn+Aquarius looking , b:Water sign look especially Scorpio , c.:Libra+Water sign , d:Air sign +virgo

3. row a: Capricorn+Cancer , b:Fire sign , c: is the same person as 1b , d:Water sign look.
Unread 10-30-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus View Post
Saturn has nothing to do with beauty, with the appearance, or the aura, and very little to do with the personality except as one's personal sense of practical order, rules and self-discipline. If a native with Saturn-Venus aspects happens to beautiful, look to other aspects and placements involving Venus like those with the Sun, Ascendant, and perhaps the Moon to explain that. The only exception may be if Saturn rules a Capricorn Ascendant.
Every planet has something to do with beauty
Unread 10-30-2016, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaike View Post
Every planet has something to do with beauty
What does Saturn have to do with beauty?
Unread 10-30-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
1. row a:Male Model Looks Aries , b:Black model looks Capricorn , c:Looks earth sign, d:Libra + fire sign and a water sign

2. row a:Capricorn+Aquarius looking , b:Water sign look especially Scorpio , c.:Libra+Water sign , d:Air sign +virgo

3. row a: Capricorn+Cancer , b:Fire sign , c: is the same person as 1b , d:Water sign look.
1B and 3C are not the same person. Lol, look at their ears, eyebrows, nose, everything.

Good time to mention though that trying to figure which aspects could cause a person to be "universally" beautiful is a losing endeavor because the people in the OP, save for a couple, look like everyday average folks to me with studio lighting and make-up. And I'm likely not the only who thinks so.
Unread 10-30-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
What does Saturn have to do with beauty?
Saturn rules skin, teeth and bones.If its not afflicted, can give good skin beautiful teeth and a symmetrical face.
The Following User Says Thank You to Melaike For This Useful Post:
katydid (10-31-2016)
Unread 10-30-2016, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Saturn rules skin, teeth and bones.If its not afflicted, can give good skin beautiful teeth and a symmetrical face.
So are you saying that universally an unafflicted Saturn will give facial symmetry, good skin and teeth? Even if Saturn has nothing to do with appearance in the chart? (e.g Capricorn of Aquarius Rising)

To me, the 1st statement is too general and broad to be useful and as to the second statement, I know of 2 examples off the bat where the natives had unafflicted Saturns that were geared towards the appearnce and had teeth problems -- one specifically had an Aquarius rising with Venus sextiling Saturn and while she is a cute lady, she had issues with her teeth and her bone structure isn't spectacular.
Unread 10-30-2016, 11:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Most of the time, a harsh aspect from a malefic will be a negative thing. For instance, many of the people I've seen on this forum with issues surrounding relationships had Saturn square their Venus.
I've got Venus-Saturn and Venus-Uranus both squared. I'm f*****. Although I've read the two can be good for each other. Certainly I've felt the effects of Saturn with my social awkwardness, although it's also in Sagittarius in the 3rd house. Great. I'm just a lucky so-n-so.
Unread 10-31-2016, 06:06 AM

It's interesting to see so many discussions about venus-saturn aspects in this thread. When I have in other thread asked about my triple saturn-venus-mercury conjunction, there was less interest, but maybe because question was about emotional issues not about beauty .

My only experience is that this planets in the first house can manifest in so many different ways at different people that I can't make any conclusion.

In theory there are some appearance issues connected with hard Saturn-Venus aspects. It is said that people with Venus in opposition or square to Saturn might either downplay their physical appearance or pay excessive attention to it. I couldn't find any theories for the conjunction, however. I just know for myself that I didn't pay much attention to appearance, I was simply indifferent. Anyway, I do relate much to the emotional part of the Saturn-Venus conjunction. It would be interesting to see how it works in others.

When it comes to the question of beauty and appearance, it has always played certain role in people's lives (we can't say it's unimportant). But in today's consumer society and flood of commercials, it is becoming an obssesion. It seems like appearance is everything. It's quite frightening.

Last edited by demetraceres; 10-31-2016 at 08:15 AM.
Unread 10-31-2016, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demetraceres View Post
It's interesting to see so many discussions about venus-saturn aspects in this thread. When I have in other thread asked about my triple saturn-venus-mercury conjunction, there was less interest, but maybe because question was about emotional issues not about beauty .

My only experience is that this planets in the first house can manifest in so many different ways at different people that I can't make any conclusion.

In theory there are some appearance issues connected with hard Saturn-Venus aspects. It is said that people with Venus in opposition or square to Saturn might either downplay their physical appearance or pay excessive attention to it. I couldn't find any theories for the conjunction, however. I just know for myself that I didn't pay much attention to appearance, I was simply indifferent. Anyway, I do relate much to the emotional part of the Saturn-Venus conjunction. It would be interesting to see how it works in others.

When it comes to the question of beauty and appearance, it has always played certain role in people's lifes (we can't say it's unimportant). But in today's consumer society and flood of commercials, it is becoming an obssesion. It seems like appearance is everything. It's quite frightening.
In the 1960's there was a short-lived trend to consider "inner-beauty" more important than outward appearance. There are still many, myself included, who feel that way. The media is $$$-driven, and there are huge profits to be made from convincing people they need to improve their appearance by buying products and even resorting to plastic-surgery.
Missed your Thread, and I'm interested in your experience with that Conjuntion, so I'll check it out!

Last edited by david starling; 10-31-2016 at 07:55 AM.
Unread 10-31-2016, 12:26 PM

Quote:
So are you saying that universally an unafflicted Saturn will give facial symmetry, good skin and teeth? Even if Saturn has nothing to do with appearance in the chart? (e.g Capricorn of Aquarius Rising)
No, I don't look at certain planet's position to find the beauty in people's chart.I'm saying that every planet in the first house or making aspect to ASC can give beauty.Also every sign can give beauty of their own.

Quote:
To me, the 1st statement is too general and broad to be useful and as to the second statement, I know of 2 examples off the bat where the natives had unafflicted Saturns that were geared towards the appearnce and had teeth problems -- one specifically had an Aquarius rising with Venus sextiling Saturn and while she is a cute lady, she had issues with her teeth and her bone structure isn't spectacular.

I didn't get it.Does she have Venus or Saturn in the first house ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post
1B and 3C are not the same person. Lol, look at their ears, eyebrows, nose, everything.
They both look Capricorn influenced

Last edited by Melaike; 10-31-2016 at 12:30 PM.
Unread 10-31-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
No, I don't look at certain planet's position to find the beauty in people's chart.I'm saying that every planet in the first house or making aspect to ASC can give beauty.Also every sign can give beauty of their own.
You call it "beauty" but I'd say that every planet simply affects the appearance when in aspect to the ascendant. Someone may be beautiful and happen to have Saturn in the 1st but I disagree that it is Saturn himself that makes the beauty manifest.

Quote:
I didn't get it.Does she have Venus or Saturn in the first house ?
Saturn rules the first house and it is unafflicted with a nice sextile from a domiciled Venus. I don't use Uranus as a domicile ruler but it happens to be conjunct the ascendant. (she is pretty laid back and conventional)
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
Horus (10-31-2016)
Unread 10-31-2016, 06:58 PM

Well I guess one of the inherent problems to arguing which planets or aspects confer beauty is in the definition itself. This tends to be subjectively determined, as commonly said in the old "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" proverb. And by what (often cultural-specific) standards do we judge it? I recall old Polynesian societies that considered obesity beautiful!

At the same time, many of us adhere to a more common and consensus definition of the term. For my Venus list above, I'm going by a basically Western, perhaps more superficial view (right or wrong). And from that standpoint I don't think Saturn or any other malefic does much for beauty in a general sense.

Last edited by Horus; 10-31-2016 at 07:11 PM.
Unread 10-31-2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demetraceres View Post

Who wrote that? I have the opposition and I don't do either.

Save
Unread 10-31-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
You call it "beauty" but I'd say that every planet simply affects the appearance when in aspect to the ascendant. Someone may be beautiful and happen to have Saturn in the 1st but I disagree that it is Saturn himself that makes the beauty manifest.
I say every planet can positively affect appearance.

Quote:
Saturn rules the first house and it is unafflicted with a nice sextile from a domiciled Venus. I don't use Uranus as a domicile ruler but it happens to be conjunct the ascendant. (she is pretty laid back and conventional)
Aquarius' and Capricorns look different.So when you use Saturn as Aquarius' ruler you shouldn't expect it to behave like its Capricorn's ruler.
Unread 10-31-2016, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I say every planet can positively affect appearance.
Okay

Quote:
Aquarius' and Capricorns look different.So when you use Saturn as Aquarius' ruler you shouldn't expect it to behave like its Capricorn's ruler.
This sounds like a copout. Saturn's rulership of both signs makes it pertinent to the appearance of both if it is geared towards the first house. The other person who I mentioned has a Capricorn rising with an unfflicted Saturn and he has teeth issues as well, in direct contradiction with what you stated previously about Saturn giving good teeth etc if unafflicted.
Unread 10-31-2016, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Okay

This sounds like a copout. Saturn's rulership of both signs makes it pertinent to the appearance of both if it is geared towards the first house. The other person who I mentioned has a Capricorn rising with an unfflicted Saturn and he has teeth issues as well, in direct contradiction with what you stated previously about Saturn giving good teeth etc if unafflicted.
The Signs are about quality of expression. So, Saturn expresses different qualities in Aquarius compared to it's being in Capricorn.
Unread 10-31-2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
The Signs are about quality of expression. So, Saturn expresses different qualities in Aquarius compared to it's being in Capricorn.
The original argument was that Saturn can confer beauty; what it does or doesn't do in a specific sign isn't what I'm disputing.

And still, I don't believe this applies because in both examples, Saturn is neither in Capricorn nor Aquarius.
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
david starling (10-31-2016)
Unread 10-31-2016, 08:57 PM

Saturn+Venus=Lucifer, rumored to be a handsome devil!

Tags
beauty, chart, natal