Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Karmic Astrology

Karmic Astrology In this forum, you're invited to share insights on subtle spiritual matters and karmic astrology.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 03-15-2015, 05:09 PM
LyP LyP is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 393
Our Karmas and other people past lives

how can we know if someone else is involved in our karmas
in the natal chart?
north node/planets fo example

if us did someone be happy or suffer in the past, and we know this person now
and we have to pay our karma with this person
in this life
that sort of thing
help

one question more: you think all the people we interact, there is a reason for this?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 03-15-2015, 06:21 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 49,805
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyP View Post

how can we know if someone else is involved in our karmas
in the natal chart?
north node/planets fo example

if us did someone be happy or suffer in the past, and we know this person now
and we have to pay our karma with this person
in this life
that sort of thing
help

one question more: you think all the people we interact, there is a reason for this?
Common sense informs us that
since serial killers have multiple victims
so then
one murderer can have dozens or even hundreds of victims

and also
NOT ALL MURDERERS ARE CAUGHT

therefore

either life is completely unfair and random

or

we all EVENTUALLY AT SOME STAGE answer for our actions by experiencing the consequences of those actions


Reward is welcome
Punishment is unwelcome
Karma is neither 'reward' nor 'punishment' but simply
A CONSEQUENCE of an action.
'Karma' means 'action'
actions have consequences

and so

karma = action = consequences of action

when the consequence of an action is 'rewarding'
then we approve of that consequence

when the consequence of an action is somehow 'punishing'
then we disapprove of that consequence

However, in both cases, the consequences are simply the results of action/actions

Actions frequently have unpredictable/unforeseeable consequences
since karma = consequence
then there are uncountable consequences

so many
that we cannot even begin to comprehend

AND SO

to argue that karma is not our responsibility

is comparable to
children who attempt to escape reprimand by claiming
they did not eat the cookies... when the evidence says otherwise
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (03-16-2015), blindowl (05-18-2016), kimbermoon (05-18-2016), LyP (03-16-2015), serafin5 (03-26-2015)
  #3  
Unread 03-30-2015, 03:51 AM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,600
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyP View Post
how can we know if someone else is involved in our karmas
in the natal chart?
north node/planets fo example
I've just been studying up on that sort of thing. My takeaway is, birth charts don't spell out which specific people are involved in our karmas, but planets that aspect either the south node or its ruler might indicate people who played a significant role in our past lives. If it's a hard aspect, such as a square or an opposition, this person played an adversarial role or harmed you in some way. If it's a soft aspect, such as a trine or a sextile, they supported you... but since south node aspects indicate what went wrong, what they probably did was make it easier for you to go wrong.

If the south node is in hard aspect with its own ruler, that indicates that you were your own worst enemy in some way. That might mean a wrong you did to others, or it might just be a way that you hurt or hindered yourself. For example, you might have been too hard on yourself, or too self indulgent, or stunted your own development by taking on too many responsibilities, or by neglecting responsibilities you should have taken.

And to confuse matters more, those planets aspecting the nodes don't always indicate people. They could just as easily indicate circumstances.

There may be some way to determine karmic connections between people through relational astrology, but if so, I'm not familiar enough with it to say.

In any case, you don't necessarily know which people you have a past life connection with, or who you owe a karmic debt to, or who owes a karmic debt to you. The important thing is to act in a generally ethical way towards everyone, as best you know how. And regarding karma shown in the birth chart, the same planets that show your karma are also indicators of how to work through it in this life.

Suppose, for instance, that you have Pluto in the seventh house conjunct your south node. One possible interpretation of that is that you were in an abusive marriage in a past life... and with the conjunction, you might very well have been the abuser. You don't necessarily know that's so--there are other possible interpretations of that placement--and if it is so, you don't know who the spouse you abused is in this life, or even if they're with you in this life. So making direct amends to them is not an option, at least not knowingly.

However, that placement also gives you Pluto in the seventh house for this life. Very likely, that will result in you getting involved in relationships that force you to face your shadow side. You could fall back into the past life pattern of abusive relationships, perhaps as the abuser or perhaps as the abused... or you could make a conscious choice to face that shadow and work with it. Pluto is also a good indicator for therapy and other forms of healing work, and in the seventh house, it's good for drawing healing partnerships into your life. That could be a romantic relationship that becomes a source of healing, or a partnership with a therapist... or you yourself could become a therapist and partner with clients to help with their healing. The important thing is to change that karmic energy from harm to healing. The exact details of how you do it are not important.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
astroangel (04-03-2016), astrobunny (06-28-2016), LyP (03-30-2015), Sweet Pea (02-18-2016), TheFish (05-18-2016)
  #4  
Unread 04-03-2016, 01:48 PM
Julia Karmic Astrology Julia Karmic Astrology is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Currently located on planet Earth :)
Posts: 624
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyP View Post
how can we know if someone else is involved in our karmas
in the natal chart?
north node/planets fo example

if us did someone be happy or suffer in the past, and we know this person now
and we have to pay our karma with this person
in this life
that sort of thing
help

one question more: you think all the people we interact, there is a reason for this?
Hi LyP:

Your English is fine!

Yes there is a way via synastry to determine if there is a past life life connection, and if so, what those issues happen to be.

To determine karmic connections across two charts you are looking for double whammy inner to outer aspects. One way or inner to inner planet aspects are more about karma in the making rather than past life connections.

The specific issues will be determined by the planets and signs involved. For example, Chiron to personal planets indicate areas of past pain and an opportunity to heal that pain. Pluto describes power and boundary issues, etc.

Julia
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julia Karmic Astrology For This Useful Post:
astroangel (04-03-2016), StillOne (05-19-2016), TheFish (05-18-2016)
  #5  
Unread 04-03-2016, 03:36 PM
astroangel astroangel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 63
Question Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

In synastry chart-
Wht would SN sq Moon in 8th house mean? This is both ways.
And PL sq Saturn and AC mean?
SN opp Uranus
Of cource there are other soft aspects with this person, but i wanted to know abt these hard aspects.

So having more soft aspects with ccertain person than hard, mean that most of it was better in past life with them?
Thanks

Last edited by astroangel; 04-03-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to astroangel For This Useful Post:
TheFish (05-18-2016)
  #6  
Unread 04-03-2016, 09:14 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 49,805
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroangel View Post

In synastry chart-
Wht would SN sq Moon in 8th house mean? This is both ways.
And PL sq Saturn and AC mean?
SN opp Uranus
Of cource there are other soft aspects with this person, but i wanted to know abt these hard aspects.

So having more soft aspects with ccertain person than hard,
mean that most of it was better in past life with them?
Thanks

It is simply not possible to validate or prove any so-called astrological "past lives"
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 04-03-2016, 11:17 PM
Julia Karmic Astrology Julia Karmic Astrology is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Currently located on planet Earth :)
Posts: 624
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroangel View Post
In synastry chart-
Wht would SN sq Moon in 8th house mean? This is both ways.
And PL sq Saturn and AC mean?
SN opp Uranus
Of cource there are other soft aspects with this person, but i wanted to know abt these hard aspects.

So having more soft aspects with ccertain person than hard, mean that most of it was better in past life with them?
Thanks
Are all of these aspects double whammy (going both ways in the two charts)?
Both way contacts indicate past life relationships. One way aspects may be karma in the making.

The SN sq Moon is indicative of feeling pulled back into past life emotional interactions and karmic patterns. This may have felt initially comfortable but old issues may arise suddenly. This may serve to bring the old emotions to the surface for resolution, or there may need to be separation.

Easy aspects indicate that the energies and issues involved have been worked on in the past with some success, yes.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julia Karmic Astrology For This Useful Post:
astroangel (05-31-2016), StillOne (05-19-2016), TheFish (05-18-2016)
  #8  
Unread 05-18-2016, 10:32 AM
leolitsa leolitsa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 113
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Hello! I have felt it in synastry with a guy. His karma (retrograde) is in exact conjunction with my retrograde natal saturn. And my karma in in exact conjunction with his north node! (we also have psych-eros conjunction but anyway the point here is karma)
I met this person when I actually didnt want to be in the place I met him. I wasnt supposed to be there but circumstances made me. since then he is still in my life, I've dealt with many hard lessons through this relationship. lots of crying and hurt. one day I dont want to see him and the other we are at good terms. attraction and repulsion at the same time. I've changed through this relationship. the way I express myself the way I see life at general. but for me it was hard.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leolitsa For This Useful Post:
StillOne (05-19-2016), TheFish (05-18-2016)
  #9  
Unread 05-18-2016, 03:33 PM
TheFish TheFish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 56
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

What an excellent and interesting thread!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Karmic Astrology View Post
Hi LyP:

Your English is fine!

Yes there is a way via synastry to determine if there is a past life life connection, and if so, what those issues happen to be.

To determine karmic connections across two charts you are looking for double whammy inner to outer aspects. One way or inner to inner planet aspects are more about karma in the making rather than past life connections.

The specific issues will be determined by the planets and signs involved. For example, Chiron to personal planets indicate areas of past pain and an opportunity to heal that pain. Pluto describes power and boundary issues, etc.

Julia

Julia, one question, can past life issues also be determined via composite charts, or is synastry better? TIA.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheFish For This Useful Post:
StillOne (05-19-2016)
  #10  
Unread 05-18-2016, 05:20 PM
Julia Karmic Astrology Julia Karmic Astrology is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Currently located on planet Earth :)
Posts: 624
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFish View Post
What an excellent and interesting thread!
Julia, one question, can past life issues also be determined via composite charts, or is synastry better? TIA.
I use synastry.
But actually I do a hand calculated interaspect chart to obtain the information I need.
I think you can get a computer program to do this for you.

To determine karmic connections between two people, you are going to look for inner to outer planet aspects across the charts. If the aspects go both ways then it is a past life connection. One way aspects are individual karma or karma in the making.

For example, look at the degree the Sun falls in one chart. Then look at the degrees in which all the outer planets fall in the other chart. Make a note of any outer planets which fall within 8 degrees on either side of the Sun sign. Then do the same for the other inner planets, Moon, Mercury, Venus, and include the Nodes and Chiron.

Then do the same thing with the other chart, inner to outer aspects.

Then go through your list and circle the interaspects that go both ways, this is called a "double whammy". These are the factors that indicate past life connections. The couple has worked on the issues in question in past lives. They have returned to continue that work.

In a love relationship, you are probably going to look at primarily the Venus to outer planet double whammys. These are fairly self explanatory:
Chiron/Venus is karmic wounding.
Neptune/Venus, deception and idealization
Uranus/Venus commitment issues
etc
__________________
Become familiar with your natal chart.
It is the story of your soul.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julia Karmic Astrology For This Useful Post:
astroangel (05-31-2016), StillOne (05-18-2016), TheFish (05-18-2016)
  #11  
Unread 05-18-2016, 07:30 PM
TheFish TheFish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 56
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Thank you Julia! This is very interesting!

Do you use the main aspects only? Or also semi-sextile, quincunx, semi-square etc?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 05-18-2016, 08:36 PM
Julia Karmic Astrology Julia Karmic Astrology is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Currently located on planet Earth :)
Posts: 624
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFish View Post
Thank you Julia! This is very interesting!

Do you use the main aspects only? Or also semi-sextile, quincunx, semi-square etc?
In synastry, the minor aspects are not typically used. However karmic astrology sees the quincunx as a major aspect; it is quite karmic in nature. These energies are major challenges in this life and must be balanced.

Also in synastry there is going to be more of an emphasis upon how the energy is actually manifesting rather than the traditional easy and difficult aspect interpretation. Easy or difficult aspects reflect the past life patterns and it is up to the soul in this life to continue the pattern or not. The goal is to change dysfunctional patterns. When I look at a chart I can see the past life pattern, good or bad, but it is not clear what the soul will do with it in this life due to free will.

In karmic work, there is more of a belief that we control the stars, the stars don't control us. Typically our charts are chosen carefully prior to each incarnation, we have a plan and goals. (This sometimes is not the case however and the incarnation doesn't work out as well as it could have.) Many of us have chosen difficult life plans and paths, which is typical of the intermediate to advanced level soul.

That is why when I see people talk about "horrible" charts, feeling doomed, being a victim of their transits, I am horrified and dismayed as these beliefs are totally inconsistent with karmic/spiritual/soul astrology.

Oops, sorry to get carried away. I just love karmic astrology and could chat all day about it.

Julia
__________________
Become familiar with your natal chart.
It is the story of your soul.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julia Karmic Astrology For This Useful Post:
animatedoodle (06-10-2016), StillOne (05-19-2016), TheFish (05-18-2016)
  #13  
Unread 05-18-2016, 10:04 PM
TheFish TheFish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 56
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Karmic Astrology View Post
In synastry, the minor aspects are not typically used. However karmic astrology sees the quincunx as a major aspect; it is quite karmic in nature. These energies are major challenges in this life and must be balanced.

Also in synastry there is going to be more of an emphasis upon how the energy is actually manifesting rather than the traditional easy and difficult aspect interpretation. Easy or difficult aspects reflect the past life patterns and it is up to the soul in this life to continue the pattern or not. The goal is to change dysfunctional patterns. When I look at a chart I can see the past life pattern, good or bad, but it is not clear what the soul will do with it in this life due to free will.

In karmic work, there is more of a belief that we control the stars, the stars don't control us. Typically our charts are chosen carefully prior to each incarnation, we have a plan and goals. (This sometimes is not the case however and the incarnation doesn't work out as well as it could have.) Many of us have chosen difficult life plans and paths, which is typical of the intermediate to advanced level soul.

That is why when I see people talk about "horrible" charts, feeling doomed, being a victim of their transits, I am horrified and dismayed as these beliefs are totally inconsistent with karmic/spiritual/soul astrology.

Oops, sorry to get carried away. I just love karmic astrology and could chat all day about it.

Julia
Oh I love you getting carried away! It's a fascinating topic. Thank you for sharing your insight.

"Typically our charts are chosen carefully prior to each incarnation, we have a plan and goals. " - I believe that too.

With the help of your posts I will have a look at my and my husband's charts. Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 05-19-2016, 01:25 AM
Julia Karmic Astrology Julia Karmic Astrology is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Currently located on planet Earth :)
Posts: 624
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFish View Post
Oh I love you getting carried away! It's a fascinating topic. Thank you for sharing your insight.

"Typically our charts are chosen carefully prior to each incarnation, we have a plan and goals. " - I believe that too.
Fish, I have a particular interest in this topic, the period in between incarnations.
While past lives are of course interesting and very helpful in identifying deeply ingrained karmic patterns, it is the period in between lives that I find totally fascinating. Reputable researchers have published their findings on this topic. (Dr. Michael Newton and Dr. Brian Weiss.)

Sometimes a soul reincarnates too quickly, cuts some corners and is not really adequately prepared. Our guides try to advise and assist. But older souls are free to dive head first into the next incarnation if they so wish. Earth is said to be a highly sought after soul educational experience, producing some of the most resilient, courageous, determined souls in the universe. If you can make it on Earth, you can make it any where. This is a tough planet. But the good thing is that to make karmic progress, we don't have to be Mother Theresa or Gandhi. We simply have to learn our karmic lessons, complete some of the goals. And a strong finish is really the goal, it takes most of us a lifetime to get it figured out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFish View Post
With the help of your posts I will have a look at my and my husband's charts. Thank you!
If you determine the double whammy aspects, I can show you the past life issues.
__________________
Become familiar with your natal chart.
It is the story of your soul.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Julia Karmic Astrology For This Useful Post:
TheFish (05-19-2016)
  #15  
Unread 05-19-2016, 02:00 AM
StillOne's Avatar
StillOne StillOne is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Coastal Mountains
Posts: 2,588
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Hi Julia,

Thanks so much for your wisdom on the topic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Karmic Astrology View Post
However karmic astrology sees the quincunx as a major aspect; it is quite karmic in nature. These energies are major challenges in this life and must be balanced.
When you mention this, do you mean in Synastry or Natal? Both?

Quote:
In karmic work, there is more of a belief that we control the stars, the stars don't control us.
This is so powerful of a position! Thank you for mentioning it! I know other astrologers who feel the same and some that don't. It's like studying the sign and recognizing and embracing their strong suit while being aware and minimizing their weakness.

Quote:
Many of us have chosen difficult life plans and paths, which is typical of the intermediate to advanced level soul.
So important to recognize that this is a challenging environment. Thanks for highlighting it.

Quote:
That is why when I see people talk about "horrible" charts, feeling doomed, being a victim of their transits, I am horrified and dismayed as these beliefs are totally inconsistent with karmic/spiritual/soul astrology.
So great to know that there is such a classification of astrology to assist with the deeper issues at hand.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Karmic Astrology View Post
Earth is said to be a highly sought after soul educational experience, producing some of the most resilient, courageous, determined souls in the universe. If you can make it on Earth, you can make it any where. This is a tough planet. But the good thing is that to make karmic progress, we don't have to be Mother Theresa or Gandhi. We simply have to learn our karmic lessons, complete some of the goals. And a strong finish is really the goal, it takes most of us a lifetime to get it figured out.
Very powerful statements IMO. Thanks for sharing Julia!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Karmic Astrology View Post
If you determine the double whammy aspects, I can show you the past life issues.
Just so I make sure, when you say "Double Whammy" aspects, do you mean my Sun Squares someones Pluto and that someone's Sun Squares my Pluto?

Thanks!

S1
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 05-19-2016, 02:59 AM
TheFish TheFish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 56
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Karmic Astrology View Post
Fish, I have a particular interest in this topic, the period in between incarnations.
While past lives are of course interesting and very helpful in identifying deeply ingrained karmic patterns, it is the period in between lives that I find totally fascinating. Reputable researchers have published their findings on this topic. (Dr. Michael Newton and Dr. Brian Weiss.)

Sometimes a soul reincarnates too quickly, cuts some corners and is not really adequately prepared. Our guides try to advise and assist. But older souls are free to dive head first into the next incarnation if they so wish. Earth is said to be a highly sought after soul educational experience, producing some of the most resilient, courageous, determined souls in the universe. If you can make it on Earth, you can make it any where. This is a tough planet. But the good thing is that to make karmic progress, we don't have to be Mother Theresa or Gandhi. We simply have to learn our karmic lessons, complete some of the goals. And a strong finish is really the goal, it takes most of us a lifetime to get it figured out.
I agree it is a very fascinating topic. I love to spend time on the nderf.org website, reading about near death experiences. Some of the stories people share there touch on the same topics.

I will check out the two researchers you mention.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Karmic Astrology View Post
If you determine the double whammy aspects, I can show you the past life issues.
Thank you!

I have spent the better part of an hour to look at my and my husband's aspects, and found three that go both ways:

Pluto quincunx Mars
Neptune trine Moon
Neptune square Mars


I found also several aspects where the planets involved are the same but the type of aspect differs, for example, my Saturn quincunx his moon and his Saturn conjunct my moon - these don't count as double whammy's, correct?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Unread 05-19-2016, 03:54 AM
CapAquaPis's Avatar
CapAquaPis CapAquaPis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ...in the sidereal astrological system.
Posts: 2,066
Unhappy Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

On my chart, the North Node is occupied by the sign Libra and the malefic Pluto is there. (doesn't seem my recent past life was a good one). The 4th house is about family and home. I'm concerned on whether or not I was a victim of disease or violence in a past life. In addition to Sun/Moon conjunct Aquarius (8th, house ruled by Scorpio) square Aquarius ruler Uranus in Scorpio (5th), I attempt to understood what were my circumstances relating to tragedy.
__________________
or , I have the same ruling planets: Uranus and Saturn. I see the Cancer rising. Aries in the MC and Venus was her name!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Unread 05-19-2016, 04:24 AM
TheFish TheFish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 56
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
On my chart, the North Node is occupied by the sign Libra and the malefic Pluto is there. (doesn't seem my recent past life was a good one). The 4th house is about family and home. I'm concerned on whether or not I was a victim of disease or violence in a past life. In addition to Sun/Moon conjunct Aquarius (8th, house ruled by Scorpio) square Aquarius ruler Uranus in Scorpio (5th), I attempt to understood what were my circumstances relating to tragedy.
I think it's the South Node that tells about past lives - the North Node is about what you want to learn/develop in this life.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Unread 05-20-2016, 04:49 AM
Julia Karmic Astrology Julia Karmic Astrology is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Currently located on planet Earth :)
Posts: 624
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
Hi Julia,

Thanks so much for your wisdom on the topic!


When you mention this, do you mean in Synastry or Natal? Both?


This is so powerful of a position! Thank you for mentioning it! I know other astrologers who feel the same and some that don't. It's like studying the sign and recognizing and embracing their strong suit while being aware and minimizing their weakness.


So important to recognize that this is a challenging environment. Thanks for highlighting it.


So great to know that there is such a classification of astrology to assist with the deeper issues at hand.



Very powerful statements IMO. Thanks for sharing Julia!




Just so I make sure, when you say "Double Whammy" aspects, do you mean my Sun Squares someones Pluto and that someone's Sun Squares my Pluto?

Thanks!

S1
Hi StillOne,

Responding to your comments and question.

Yes I mean both natal and synastry. It is a karmic aspect, the inconjunct, and it is the cosmic equivalent to a modern day little yellow sticky saying "please take care of this issue once and for all in this life!" This has been deeply engrained challenging energy or situation from the past and it is time to deal with it. A person with more than one inconjunct typically wants to understand the reason behind the current incarnation.

Yes I know, there is a very wide variation in the theory and practice of astrology.
In karmic work we come from a very strong philosophical belief in various topics such as reincarnation, free will, enlightenment, a soul's relationship with its horoscope.

I really enjoy spiritual/soul/karmic work. I don't know if I should be allowed to call myself an astrologer. Astrology is a tool I use to assist in spiritual work. There are other tools I use, but astrology is one of the best, most exquisite tools available as far as I am concerned.

As an aside, I do feel the horoscope is a Divine gift from God. Who else but Divinity could have devised a symbolic coded visual, loaded with all kinds of information. It is like one of those tiny computer chips that contains an incredible amount of information. And each professional specialty can access the information they need to do his or her job. And of course since our natal chart is a gift from God, how could we possible be afraid of it, or feel cursed by it? Of course since we chose our charts, we may wish to curse ourselves from time to time.

Yes. In synastry, a "double whammy interaspect" is as you describe, except they don't both have to be the same aspect. Your Sun aspects the other person's Pluto. And the other personís Sun aspects your Pluto.

Then from there it is fairly straightforward to quickly identify the specific issue. For example, Pluto of course is going to be indicative of past life power issues. Power, symbiosis, co-dependency, enmeshment, etc. The challenge in this life will be to have intimate relationships without smothering each other. It is also possible that the past life was a situation where one person had power over the other. And for example it is a Moon/Pluto double whammy they there is the maternal, emotional pain, emotional abuse, abandonment issues. Mercury/ Pluto would be one person had mental power or abuse over the other. Venus/Pluto indicates the couple has a desperate need for love, a needy dependent role will have occurred in past lives.

And it doesnít really matter which partner took which role. We tend to incarnate with members of our soul group from life to life, and we usually switch roles.

I think you get the idea, once you have identified the DW interaspects, it is straightforward and a matter of just using the basic esoteric sign/planet symbolism as per our training. I also want to emphasize that the relationship pattern shown by the DW is not fated, the goal is to address the issue in this life if at all possible. We need to resolve the issue or separate.

Incarnating is a way to learn what we need to learn. As souls we can sit in a Nirvana classroom and learn about love, duty, loyalty, courage, etc. But this is abstract. It is not until we incarnate in human form that we can truly understand what these concepts mean. Certainly the lessons we learn on Earth, as humans, will be forever hard wired into our souls.

Julia
__________________
Become familiar with your natal chart.
It is the story of your soul.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julia Karmic Astrology For This Useful Post:
Dubyadude1986 (05-20-2016), StillOne (05-20-2016), TheFish (05-20-2016)
  #20  
Unread 05-20-2016, 05:27 AM
Julia Karmic Astrology Julia Karmic Astrology is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Currently located on planet Earth :)
Posts: 624
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFish View Post
I agree it is a very fascinating topic. I love to spend time on the nderf.org website, reading about near death experiences. Some of the stories people share there touch on the same topics.

I will check out the two researchers you mention.
Dr. Weiss is a graduate of Columbia and Yale Medical School. He is a physician, psychiatry specialty, was a traditional hypnotherapist working with phobic patients. In his routine practice, patients began spontaneously regressing to prior lives. He was initially very shocked and skeptical, but gradually with much investigation, began to accept the notion of souls incarnating. He put much on the line professionally to publish his work as he was the Psychiatry Department Chair at Mt. Sinai Medical Center. His seminal work, Many Lives, Many Masters, is considered a classic in the field.

Dr. Newton is a licensed psychologist, also was doing routine clinical hypnotherapy, when his patients regressed to past lives and lives between lives. He was also originally dubious and compiled a considerable amount of research before he published his work.

I greatly admire their scientific approach. I am spiritual to my core, but my Virgo Ascendant and Virgo South Node require that I be on firm ground. I also respect the courage it took for these men to publish. They come from very conservative professions.

Edited to add: And yes, NDEs (Near Death Experiences) do add to our understanding of the Afterlife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFish View Post

I have spent the better part of an hour to look at my and my husband's aspects, and found three that go both ways:

Pluto quincunx Mars
Neptune trine Moon
Neptune square Mars

I found also several aspects where the planets involved are the same but the type of aspect differs, for example, my Saturn quincunx his moon and his Saturn conjunct my moon - these don't count as double whammy's, correct?
I know it is kind of a pain and time consuming to determine the synastry interaspects, but once you do, it is simple and straight forward to do the interpretation.

Yes, they DO count as double whammys. The type of aspect does not matter. So add the Saturn/Moon as a DW to your list. In my next post, I can walk you through the interpretation.
__________________
Become familiar with your natal chart.
It is the story of your soul.

Last edited by Julia Karmic Astrology; 05-20-2016 at 08:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julia Karmic Astrology For This Useful Post:
StillOne (05-20-2016), TheFish (05-20-2016)
  #21  
Unread 05-20-2016, 07:23 AM
Dubyadude1986's Avatar
Dubyadude1986 Dubyadude1986 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,286
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Julia,

You did a great job here, as usual. Thanks for offering so much up.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dubyadude1986 For This Useful Post:
Julia Karmic Astrology (05-20-2016), StillOne (05-20-2016)
  #22  
Unread 05-20-2016, 11:58 AM
Julia Karmic Astrology Julia Karmic Astrology is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Currently located on planet Earth :)
Posts: 624
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Fish, I just want to to make sure you included Chiron and the Nodes when looking for interaspects.

Chiron of course is considered an outer planet so you are looking for inner planet to Chiron DWs.

The Nodes are a bit different in that you are going to look at both inner and outer planets aspected to the Nodes, creating a DW situation. You can use a 10 degree orb for the Nodal interaspects.

Julia
__________________
Become familiar with your natal chart.
It is the story of your soul.

Last edited by Julia Karmic Astrology; 05-20-2016 at 12:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Julia Karmic Astrology For This Useful Post:
StillOne (05-20-2016), TheFish (05-20-2016)
  #23  
Unread 05-20-2016, 01:31 PM
Julia Karmic Astrology Julia Karmic Astrology is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Currently located on planet Earth :)
Posts: 624
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
On my chart, the North Node is occupied by the sign Libra and the malefic Pluto is there. (doesn't seem my recent past life was a good one). The 4th house is about family and home. I'm concerned on whether or not I was a victim of disease or violence in a past life. In addition to Sun/Moon conjunct Aquarius (8th, house ruled by Scorpio) square Aquarius ruler Uranus in Scorpio (5th), I attempt to understood what were my circumstances relating to tragedy.
Rose Lineman, Karmic Astrologer, developed a technique which can give information about the most recent past life and sometimes indicates cause of death. It involves using the prenatal eclipses. But I think this is probably off topic for this thread?

And yes Fish is correct, the North Node indicates present life goals. The South Node and the Moon are past lives. A conjunction with the North Node in the natal chart will assist with soul growth. Pluto is going to help you with soul transformation and evolution in this life via personal empowerment. Take care that you do not use this to have power over others. By malefic, do you mean your Pluto is in hard aspect to a personal planet?
__________________
Become familiar with your natal chart.
It is the story of your soul.

Last edited by Julia Karmic Astrology; 05-20-2016 at 02:06 PM. Reason: sp
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Julia Karmic Astrology For This Useful Post:
StillOne (05-20-2016)
  #24  
Unread 05-20-2016, 06:44 PM
TheFish TheFish is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 56
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Karmic Astrology View Post
Dr. Weiss is a graduate of Columbia and Yale Medical School. He is a physician, psychiatry specialty, was a traditional hypnotherapist working with phobic patients. In his routine practice, patients began spontaneously regressing to prior lives. He was initially very shocked and skeptical, but gradually with much investigation, began to accept the notion of souls incarnating. He put much on the line professionally to publish his work as he was the Psychiatry Department Chair at Mt. Sinai Medical Center. His seminal work, Many Lives, Many Masters, is considered a classic in the field.

Dr. Newton is a licensed psychologist, also was doing routine clinical hypnotherapy, when his patients regressed to past lives and lives between lives. He was also originally dubious and compiled a considerable amount of research before he published his work.

I greatly admire their scientific approach. I am spiritual to my core, but my Virgo Ascendant and Virgo South Node require that I be on firm ground. I also respect the courage it took for these men to publish. They come from very conservative professions.

Edited to add: And yes, NDEs (Near Death Experiences) do add to our understanding of the Afterlife.

Many Lives, Many Masters - I read that book! :facepalm: Many years ago though, I forgot the name. Yes, fantastic book and research!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Karmic Astrology View Post
I know it is kind of a pain and time consuming to determine the synastry interaspects, but once you do, it is simple and straight forward to do the interpretation.

Yes, they DO count as double whammys. The type of aspect does not matter. So add the Saturn/Moon as a DW to your list. In my next post, I can walk you through the interpretation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Karmic Astrology View Post
Fish, I just want to to make sure you included Chiron and the Nodes when looking for interaspects.

Chiron of course is considered an outer planet so you are looking for inner planet to Chiron DWs.

The Nodes are a bit different in that you are going to look at both inner and outer planets aspected to the Nodes, creating a DW situation. You can use a 10 degree orb for the Nodal interaspects.

Julia

Yes I looked at Chiron aspects as well. I will go through it again to include DW's with different types of aspects and get back. Thank you for your help!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheFish For This Useful Post:
Julia Karmic Astrology (05-20-2016)
  #25  
Unread 05-20-2016, 07:17 PM
StillOne's Avatar
StillOne StillOne is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Coastal Mountains
Posts: 2,588
Re: Our Karmas and other people past lives

Hi Julia,

Thanks for taking the time to explain some of this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia Karmic Astrology View Post
Hi StillOne,

Responding to your comments and question.

Yes I mean both natal and synastry. It is a karmic aspect, the inconjunct, and it is the cosmic equivalent to a modern day little yellow sticky saying "please take care of this issue once and for all in this life!" This has been deeply engrained challenging energy or situation from the past and it is time to deal with it. A person with more than one inconjunct typically wants to understand the reason behind the current incarnation.
Interesting, with 6 of these in my scope what would you make of that (including one to Chiron)... Seems a bit excessive? The sources I have on the inconjunct aspect don't really tell that much about it. Do you know of any good sources on that matter?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
karmas, lives, past, people

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.