Astrology Software

giatabaza

Hi everyone, I just downloaded the LuckyAstro app at

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.luckyastro.www.luckyastro&hl=en

great free app which gives online reatime transits, overall and/or on a personal basis (need to enter date and time of birth and birth and current location for that), with the ability to change to a future date.

So its like a chart (online) but in a few words only on your mobile.

I always check with LuckyAstro before making any scheduling decisions!

Great free stuff.

I am familiar with three programs: Winstar, Kepler and Solar Fire. My byte of choice is Winstar, which is the first program I bought back in the nineties. Solar Fire is a solid program, but I just like the way Winstar is set up. I don't like Kepler. There's nothing "wrong" with it as it creates lovely accurate charts, but I don't like the workflow. Everything is set up through a front control panel and you have to return there for new charts. Winstar and Solar Fire have an open-range approach where you can access and create charts all other program functions anytime, anyway.

The look of the program is very pink-purple, soft green-blue...not my color preferences.

Also, I had a horrible experience with the Kepler customer service department!!!

Nitsie

I used to draw up charts with paper and pencil. Showing my mature age ha! Guess it's time to get software. What would you all recommend that's simple to use and for someone just getting back to studying after many years of not? Thanks.

My Gemini rising of many interests needs something that will keep me interested.

rojochispa

AstroWin is an online thing, and it's just as good (if not better) than most of the professional software I use (e.g. Kepler, SolarFire, Janus.. et cetera). You have to sign up, but it's completely free. Seriously, it's super awesome. It has all the information you need. And probably more. Aspects, compatibility/synastry, everything.

Also, there's no trial period. It's free. Permanently. And there's no "Premium Member" bullsh*t. You get full access. Free. Forever.

My apologies for sounding like an informercial. I just can't recommend it enough.

Ditto on the Astro Win, Alan Edwall has many other free programs. Seems like he has been around since Dos.3. He is also into the Zain, Church of Light education series of beginning and advanced astrology, tarot and metaphysics, all free or donation,Zain was an innovator of many astrological concepts currently in use.

this type of software i was looking for my PC. i had tried some software by searching on google but didn't work out. I'll try few software here. thanks to all :D

AutumnMoonfire

Oh my! So I found the software thread.

I used, for years, and love, Halloran's AstrolDL. however about 2 years ago I got a mac. I was using my old windoze for astrology but, as I don't use that computer for much else I wanted to buy a program for my mac. I searched and looked at websites and only confused myself with the possibilities.

Right now I'm wavering between Astro Gold, a version of Time Passages, and IPheremis for Mac. Astro Gold is irritating because their prices seem heavily buried. I'm willing to spend...but only within reason. I also don't want to pay for interpretations that I'm not using...(I'm not selling my services) Although I must admit the mouseovers are...interesting. I guess I want to not spend more than $200.

I know I want synastry, not just composites, progressions and transits, I want an easy straightforward UI. It would be nice if it listed aspects as well as providing a grid.

So are there any other mac users? What have you liked? What drove you fruit juice crazy?

Saggal

Hi AutumnMoonfire

I am a Mac user as well and have used TimePassages for years which I am very satisified.
It does list the transits as well a a grid. I have the Advanced Edition, but if you want the synastry or solar returns you will need the Complete Edition. I think you will be pleased.
Hope this helps.....

AutumnMoonfire

Good grief! $850 regular price, it's on sale now for $550, but yeah, I never cared for the price points were set up...I'm sure it's excellent software but...ouch.

Zaphod

I've been doing some research for a program with traditional (as in classical, Hellenistic, Renaissance, etc.) features that will work well for horary interpretation ala John Frawley and William Lilly. I've been using John Halloran's software for decades, but John has said he's more interested in moving astrology forward rather than backward, so no traditional module is forthcoming. I do have the free traditional program Morinus, but the interface is dated. I also looked at Delphic Oracle and talked to the creator, but it's not a perfect fit. I found top programs like Solar Fire and Kepler to be far too expensive for this single purpose, so I settled on Janus. I haven't bought it yet but I will soon.

JUPITERASC

I've been doing some research for a program with traditional (as in classical, Hellenistic, Renaissance, etc.) features that will work well for horary interpretation ala John Frawley and William Lilly. I've been using John Halloran's software for decades, but John has said he's more interested in moving astrology forward rather than backward, so no traditional module is forthcoming. I do have the free traditional program Morinus, but the interface is dated. I also looked at Delphic Oracle and talked to the creator, but it's not a perfect fit. I found top programs like Solar Fire and Kepler to be far too expensive for this single purpose, so I settled on Janus. I haven't bought it yet but I will soon.
Our member kaktuzz provides flexible and versatile free software calculation
at https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/
Includes Traditional, non-Traditional, Sidereal AND Tropical options :smile:

rojochispa

Hello everyone,

I need some help. I'm looking for an astrology software to use on my PC that has all the cities of the world (like on astrodient) but also the option to enter the latitude and longitude without having to pick a location. Is anything like this available?

Also, I prefer downloadable sofware. I don't want to wait for shipment (I wonder what in my chart makes me so impatient :D). A pretty interface would be great too 8) .

I do not know what the rules are concerning publishing the names of software on the forum. If it is not ok to publish them here, please p.m. me.

Thanks.

Janus software is inexpensive and does all you require $150.00
https://www.astrology-house.com/

zoetic

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this, but I was wondering if anyone here has the KiddieGram report software for Sirius. I'm getting an error and need to edit one of the definition files to fix it, but I don't know what the correction needs to be. The company just wants me to pay $100 to upgrade to the latest version of Sirius (from 1.1 to 3) instead of them answering that simple question. But the programs always worked well together before my computer crash required I re-install them, so I really don't want to pay for an upgrade. If anyone has a copy of the KiddieGram/Sirius file NFH3.DEF, can you let me know what it says?

Keeping my fingers crossed for any help.
Thanks!