Natal placement for being a troll

obsidianmineral

So, what do you guys think makes a person a troublemaker or someone who likes to troll just to see people get mad? I have to admit, I actually am a troll. I just have been trying to get serious, but deep down I like trolling and annoying other people. I don't know, I just feel like laughing when I do these things on the internet. I'm not like that IRL though. I don't see the point there. I guess it must be my Mars square Uranus? Haha.

I won't snap and become a troll here though, so don't worry. I usually enjoy making posts on reddit that make fun of other posts. I feel like a lot of the things people do on the internet are dumb and predictable, hence why I like doing stuff like that.

D-Rok

Uranus means nothing in proper astrology.

If you are going to be a troll, probably look at some combination of the communication between Mercury and the Malefics. I have Mercury conjunct Mars — both in Virgo — so Mercury kind of forces Mars to be nice (especially since they are essentially in Mercuryland). Also would depend on the strength, or activity, of those planets, based on house position.

I will say this: We Get a Small Amount of Free Will. I say that, because usually things like this, unless they are actively malicious enough to cause consistent harm — aren’t really worth looking into in your own chart, simply because it’s what you want to do for your own entertainment (pleasure correlates to the 5th house so I don’t know, that’s something else to consider). If what you do — trolling — gets you giggles, provided it doesn’t hurt anyone deeply, I really don’t see a need to delve any deeper into the thought.

Blaze

Account Closed
Should've joined us on Skype man. Could've used another joker on there.

Anyway, Mercury is the messenger, right? I'd look toward whatever the hell he's doing and where he sits. Maybe even Jupiter. I know some silly phucks with strong Jupiter placements.

It'd be neat to look at the charts of those banned for trolling. Try to find a commonality.

obsidianmineral

Uranus means nothing in proper astrology.

If you are going to be a troll, probably look at some combination of the communication between Mercury and the Malefics. I have Mercury conjunct Mars — both in Virgo — so Mercury kind of forces Mars to be nice (especially since they are essentially in Mercuryland). Also would depend on the strength, or activity, of those planets, based on house position.

I will say this: We Get a Small Amount of Free Will. I say that, because usually things like this, unless they are actively malicious enough to cause consistent harm — aren’t really worth looking into in your own chart, simply because it’s what you want to do for your own entertainment (pleasure correlates to the 5th house so I don’t know, that’s something else to consider). If what you do — trolling — gets you giggles, provided it doesn’t hurt anyone deeply, I really don’t see a need to delve any deeper into the thought.

Well, I don't have any aspects between Mercury and the malefics. Sesquisquares count? If not, then no. I feel like the outers do actually represent things in natal charts. Many people report that these planets have an influence in their lives. Not in horary or other branches of the art, but in natal they do. I want to look into things like this in natal because I know that not everybody trolls for fun, and I'm actually just posting this for funsies. The ruler of my 5th is Mars though. Does that have to do with what you said?

obsidianmineral

Should've joined us on Skype man. Could've used another joker on there.

Anyway, Mercury is the messenger, right? I'd look toward whatever the hell he's doing and where he sits. Maybe even Jupiter. I know some silly phucks with strong Jupiter placements.

It'd be neat to look at the charts of those banned for trolling. Try to find a commonality.

I've got a long history of trolling on online forums, hahahah. I just enjoy speaking my mind freely I guess. I don't have any difficult aspects between Mercury or Jupiter with the malefics, though.

D-Rok

Well, I don't have any aspects between Mercury and the malefics. Sesquisquares count? If not, then no. I feel like the outers do actually represent things in natal charts. Many people report that these planets have an influence in their lives. Not in horary or other branches of the art, but in natal they do. I want to look into things like this in natal because I know that not everybody trolls for fun, and I'm actually just posting this for funsies. The ruler of my 5th is Mars though. Does that have to do with what you said?

They don’t HAVE to connect since you’d be communicating anyway, but if Mars rules the 5th I mean there’s a tendency to gain enjoyment from being hostile in whatever stuff you do for fun. Not always, since it’s not so cut and dry, but it might be a contributing factor. Might also mean, traditionally, you gain enjoyment out of classic Mars-things: combat (in many senses of the word), fighting, sparring, you know...Martian things.

Here, so the reason I mention the outers don’t matter:

In the beginning, God created light and saw it was good. And so he said, Let There Be Light. The planets — the ones that actually have traditional significance — receive and cast light. The outer planets DO, but they can’t be seen without the help of technology.

The point I’m trying to make is that, in the old times, much of astrology was based on empirical analysis. What makes sense? What doesn’t? What is right in front of us? What can be *seen*?

Perhaps they do have significance. But, the ancients don’t have things written on the outers, and so, we shouldn’t be pulling divine rulerships over material matter out of our *** based on planets that were only discovered, relatively speaking, pretty recently. Plus, isn’t knowing the rulerships and relationships between 7 planets, the SN and NN, and the Lot of fortune, enough?

obsidianmineral

They don’t HAVE to connect since you’d be communicating anyway, but if Mars rules the 5th I mean there’s a tendency to gain enjoyment from being hostile in whatever stuff you do for fun. Not always, since it’s not so cut and dry, but it might be a contributing factor. Might also mean, traditionally, you gain enjoyment out of classic Mars-things: combat (in many senses of the word), fighting, sparring, you know...Martian things.

In the beginning, God created light and saw it was good. And so he said, Let There Be Light. The planets — the ones that actually have traditional significance — receive and cast light. The outer planets DO, but they can’t be seen without the help of technology.

The point I’m trying to make is that, in the old times, much of astrology was based on empirical analysis. What makes sense? What doesn’t? What is right in front of us? What can be *seen*?

Perhaps they do have significance. But, the ancients don’t have things written on the outers, and so, we shouldn’t be pulling divine rulerships over material matter out of our *** based on planets that were only discovered, relatively speaking, pretty recently. Plus, isn’t knowing the rulerships and relationships between 7 planets, the SN and NN, and the Lot of fortune, enough?

We can consider outers as those whose light doesn't reach us, but that doesn't mean that with the use of technology we can't study their behaviours. Their meanings in astrology have been a result of empirical analysis and observation.

katydid

You are in the GENERAL ASTRO portion of the forum. You are not presently posting in the TRADITIONAL forum.

So you cannot just trash modern astrology in this forum. You need to be in the Traditional Forum to espouse your beliefs that the outers are useless trash. :smile:

JUPITERASC

Perhaps they do have significance. But, the ancients don’t have things written on the outers, and so, we shouldn’t be pulling divine rulerships over material matter out of our *** based on planets that were only discovered, relatively speaking, pretty recently.

Plus, isn’t knowing the rulerships and relationships between 7 planets, the SN and NN
and the Lot of fortune, enough?
indubitably mon ami :smile:
HOWEVER
keep in mind that

members discuss planetary aspect meanings
within any and all contexts
including that of one thousand five hundred asteroids

or a mere 700 asteroids
if that is ones preference

i.e.
and I quote for example:
I use the following asteroids for love and relationship:
Erato, Amor, Bienor, Bosque Alegre, Compassion, Amanda,
Frigga, Klyria, Medea, Rousseau, Summa, Valentine, Anteros, Hathor, Jason, Moraes, Peirithoos,
Pocahintas, Sidi, Ubasti, Sappho, Amicitia, Patroclus, Cupido, Medusa,
Hephaistos, Demeter, Hera, Thereus, Valentine, Nessus,
Ariadne,
Chariklo, Close, Rhoda, Damocles

Does anyone use others not here, and what do they mean?

Zarathu

its a small number. I regularly use 700 of them

Clearly then, our forum allows discussion on a varied spectrum of astrological shades of opinion

and so
"obviously not" is the response to your earlier enquiry

by the way that member closed their account
for reasons discussed in depth on our members only
help with forums board

D-Rok

You are in the GENERAL ASTRO portion of the forum. You are not presently posting in the TRADITIONAL forum.

So you cannot just trash modern astrology in this forum. You need to be in the Traditional Forum to espouse your beliefs that the outers are useless trash. :smile:

I really dislike that we need safe spaces now in the pursuit of absolute truth.

JUPITERASC

You are in the GENERAL ASTRO portion of the forum.
You are not presently posting in the TRADITIONAL forum.
So you cannot just trash modern astrology in this forum.
You need to be in the Traditional Forum to espouse your beliefs that the outers are useless trash. :smile:
If you would highlight in bold precisely where the words "the outers are useless trash" appear
that would be helpful
otherwise your post seems somewhat harsh
because
the General Forum is intended for BOTH Modernist AND Traditional amicable discussion
:smile:

JUPITERASC

We can consider outers as those whose light doesn't reach us, but that doesn't mean that with the use of technology we can't study their behaviours. Their meanings in astrology have been a result of empirical analysis and observation.
The empirical analysis and observation of the Modernist outers is scarcely voluminous
when compared with the thousands of years of observation
of the seven classical visible planets :smile:
however

Guys guys guys guys. We are forgetting Ophiucus here.

OpiucusFoot-Scorpio-Sagittarius-Galactic-Center.jpg

Z

obsidianmineral

The empirical analysis and observation of the Modernist outers is scarcely voluminous
when compared with the thousands of years of observation
of the seven classical visible planets :smile:
however

OpiucusFoot-Scorpio-Sagittarius-Galactic-Center.jpg

Z

We're also forgetting to use sidereal with whole signs considering Ophiucus, the outers and other bodies such as Pallas and Ceres!! I present to you the position of all real 100% bodies in astrology right now.

https://imgur.com/a/aTe3n

Sorry I couldn't add Ophiucus there, Solar Fire Gold threatened me to kill itself if I did that.

katydid

If you would highlight in bold precisely where the words "the outers are useless trash" appear
that would be helpful
otherwise your post seems somewhat harsh
because
the General Forum is intended for BOTH Modernist AND Traditional amicable discussion
:smile:

My point was that it wasn't seeming to be very amicable. :wink:

JUPITERASC

My point was that it wasn't seeming to be very amicable. :wink:
you said
and I quote :smile:

You are in the GENERAL ASTRO portion of the forum.
You are not presently posting in the TRADITIONAL forum.

So you cannot just trash modern astrology in this forum.
You need to be in the Traditional Forum to espouse your beliefs
that the outers are useless trash. :smile:
so to be clear then
when you made the foregoing comment

you were not aware that your own comment seems less than amicable
particularly since the comment that offended you
definitely makes no mention at all of the outers equating to useless trash

i.e.
and I quote the post that apparently so offended you

there is no mention at all of outers equating to useless trash there

which is the reason for my mentioning that your comment seems somewhat harsh
because
the General Forum is intended for
BOTH Modernist AND Traditional amicable discussion :smile:
HOWEVER
it seems

Katy did say something reasonable here.