Question about conjunctions in composite chart

kimiko8

We have 3 major conjunctions in our chart I would like more details on:

Sun conj. Mercury, 10th
Moon conj. Pluto, 6th
Jupiter conj. chirion, 2nd, but also retrograde.

I understand the first but the second two, I cannot interpret how that might apply. Any ideas?

Attachments

• astro_621gw_cds_rc.5107.52381.jpg
    astro_621gw_cds_rc.5107.52381.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 31

kimiko8

Bump! I really cannot find much information on these conjunctions

We have 3 major conjunctions in our chart I would like more details on:

Sun conj. Mercury, 10th
Moon conj. Pluto, 6th
Jupiter conj. chirion, 2nd, but also retrograde.

I understand the first but the second two, I cannot interpret how that might apply. Any ideas?

thelivingsky

Conjunctions and stelliums of the composite Sun or Moon show up very frequently in long lasting relationships. Especially if they are also sextile or trine to other planets as this strengthens them. In both synastry and composites the strength of the luminaries are strong indicators of important relationships. Another feature of very lasting marriages that I have seen is the Composite Nodes squaring the stellium of the Moon or Sun or on the Sun or Moon This chart has this feature also.

The Moon is in H6, usually a very difficult placement for romantic relationships, but with the Sun in H10 this might be an excellent chart for working together.The Mars trine Saturn is also a great aspect for working together.

The intensity of this Moon/Pluto indicate powerful emotions and a desire for deep connection, deep psychological purging and exploration and in Scorpio this conjunction is even that much stronger adding to the intensity. These Moon/Pluto combinations can manifest as compulsive and obsessive behaviors, and H6 is a house that is about self-improvement, and critical analysis. I would caution against becoming excessively critical of each other or trying to change each other .This could be tricky to manage, but the rest of the chart is good.

I would like to se the synastry however as I never like to make judgements on the composite alone.

thelivingsky

P.S. Retrogrades are not really a concern in a composite because this is not a chart of an actual time/event. I have never seen a program that would mark a composite planet as retrograde. So did you somehow calculate this yourself?

Rob Hand in his Composite book says hard Jupiter aspects inc omposites tend to be benign. I agree, t is what I have seen also.

And as for Chiron, I haven't seen it to be impactful for or against the success of relationships. I have seen many very successful marriages lasting 25+ years with difficult Chiron aspects. I think Magi Astrology has an article I read a few years ago at their site confirming this.

kimiko8

Thank you, thelivingsky for your replies! I used astro.com's automatic composite chart maker, so I'm not aware that retrogrades aren't usual in a composite chart.

Here is our synastry chart - mine is inner, his is the outer in red.

Attachments

• syn.jpg
    syn.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 21

wan

Personally I do not consider Sun and Mercury as being conjunct, because they are always so close together.

thelivingsky

Personally I do not consider Sun and Mercury as being conjunct, because they are always so close together.

The conjunction of Sun and Mercury is the most common composite conjunction for the reason you state. They never stray more than 28 degrees apart. But a 2 degree or 6 degree spread is much different than a 28 degree spread; and if that tight of a "conjunction" is aspected by other planets with conjunctions, trines or sextiles it is by far the most common feature of the marriages and intense romances I have seen with the exception of aspects to Uranus.