Avoiding events.

virgo18

This is a newbie question:

Can we prevent what our horary chart is telling us?

For example: We ask something, (could be anything) and we get Moon square Mars as the final aspect. That's telling us that if we pursue what we asked, things will go bad....

So I want to know if we can prevent that Moon square Mars "whatever it is" from happening If we don't pursue our question, or if we go in the opposite direction and protect ourselves.

I am sure you all will tell me a YES but I was thinking about the signs where those planets are placed. For example if those planets are in fixed signs then the event will be harder to avoid that if they were in mutable signs. huh?

Thanks

tikana

what a good question

IMO if the chart says no, just don't do it.. it will save you a lot of money on advil.

virgo18

what a good question

IMO if the chart says no, just don't do it.. it will save you a lot of money on advil.

Yeah I understand but I will narrow my question:

What you say applies If the chart says NO event "nothing will happen"? Or if the chart says YES to the event but negative outcome if you get it?

virgo18

An example:
Moon trines the quesited "whatever". (YES)
But after that trine: Moon squares/opposes Mars or Saturn (very BAD!) And as a final aspect of the moon. This gives advice the querent that he/she must not do anything regarding the question...

virgo18

OK
It is from a girlfriend of mine that she has been with a guy for 8 years, since highschool so so and she wants to get married with him, so she asked if the guy will propose her soon.

I told her that the moon is in via combusta
moon will conjunct Saturn, so she will have to pressure him.
Moon is in bad state and squaring Mars (I think they will break up very bad if she pursues the guy to propose her)

So I don't know how and what to tell her! If it is a NO, or if she must avoid it.
She is very concerned.

Last edited:

tikana

via combusta ends at 15 scorpio

i am not seeing a proposal but another guy!

moon sextiles sun and sun is not L7!

virgo18

via combusta ends at 15 scorpio

i am not seeing a proposal but another guy!

moon sextiles sun and sun is not L7!

Ok NO proposal then.

About of the other guy. Reception is not so good. Sun in Capricorn is desliked by moon.
Maybe it will not be transcendent.

tikana

where are you getting that stuff from? Moon will enter saggie
saturn and moon will not be any kind of reception but nature of moon/saturn might be called into question

virgo18

where are you getting that stuff from? Moon will enter saggie
saturn and moon will not be any kind of reception but nature of moon/saturn might be called into question

From what I seen here about receptions.
BTW what I don't like is the Moon square Mars, she will make it after leaving Scorpio. I don't know the Moon is considered void since the aspect will perfect when the moon arrives Sagittarius. Or things will end badly in the overall question.

tikana

the saturn will not propose because he is peregrine
and in his own 12th house

i'd say start looking elsewhere

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
A little late to this party, but I just wanted to share some thoughts on this as this question you have has become something of a philosophical divide among many practitioners.

From a philosophical stand point, yes. There ought to be things we can do to avoid or make things easier on ourselves, even if that thing is not pursuing the matter further. There is great power in the ability to just stop. However, we do have some historical examples of charts who offer their querents advice on how to proceed more effectively in helping them obtain the matter they are after, typically by finding benefic planets in the chart and going to them for assistance.

One could argue further that astrological medicine relies heavily on the chart aiding the situation beyond merely identifying it.

virgo18

Thank you Kaiousei, that was the kind of answer I was waiting for.
Yeah we have free will, and horary can help us to identify what we are doing wrong and stop it or make things lightly at least.