Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 08-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Account Closed

Re: Venus square Saturn

I mean that it's good to see a person with this aspect mention that they've grown with the aspect, that it does not dominate their relationships etc. Many of these Saturn threads are quite negative. It was my belief that probably we'd ... overcome the more difficult lessons of this aspect with age, I certainly feel I have already. As for possible 'anger' problems...I've Mercury, Venus and MC in Pisces. It's not in my nature or my natural communicative tendencies to implode...I've Mercury on the MC and trine AC - in Pisces, so I can reflect on myself and self-heal, and the AC contact allows me to communicate very effectively and clearly with others. I always enjoyed using positions of leadership to balance needs and resolve conflicts within the group, it made me happy to see the harmony.

Last edited by byjove; 08-23-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Unread 08-28-2011, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiiiter View Post
Sassaqua: As well as how folks have worked with the aspect to overcome the challenges, and heal any wounds.
Sassaqua, I'm not sure if I'm answering your question, but there is an ongoing theme of cooping with Venus Saturn aspects, so I'll just write my way of doing it.
  • I simply parent myself – What I miss, I can give myself now. I can find it in my hobbies, interests, friends. Everywhere.
  • I express care for myself – nobody else has to know about it, but I do, and if I know how to enjoy myself, it is easier to share it with others, too.
  • I prefer company of people that we have a positive impact on each other – this is not always possible, but personally I grow on points of warmth. So why nott accepting love and positive feelings/deeds, when people are willing to share/give them?
  • I stay open for opinions of others as well – some critiques are very constructive – if somebody really wishes to »open my eyes« than it is not about putting down someone (that is about power), but it is time for to reconsider what I have been told.
  • Things change. I can change them. I can find new ways. And sometimes other people bring changes, if I let them. I stay open to changes. Perhaps today you are not my friend yet, but you might be tommorrow. If I am not happy, than this is a sign, that I need a certain change, either within or on the outside in action.

Astrology02: there is always a defense mechanism that goes up when someone gets to close to me. I think people with venus square saturn are so unhappy with themselves that they project that on to others and get negative results.
Yes, I have a defense mechanism, too. I think it is good to have it, but it can be a real block sometimes, too. Nevertheless, I am quite sure, that reason that I have it came from the best. It must have served me at some point, and it might serve me again in the future, perhaps it even saved my butt. When it starts blocking me, I just try to go into surrendering, and not running away.
Projecting: just reading a book The Dark Side of the Light Chasers – it is about Shadow and projecting too. Some points in the book are worth reading, you have exercises too, there's a nice chater on projections. We can also project good sides on others. Even with Venus Saturn.

Byjove: It's kind of what I was hoping for. It seem time healing all wounds works here too. And I get your harmony thing (I've Moon opp. Venus) and I'm a Ram too.
Why did you hoped for that? Since we are both Ram, I wonder if you have any »anger management« issues?

For everyone who feels unloved or unworthy....this is someting i read recently:
We have the first story we tell ourselves about ourselves. This story is about everything bad that happened to us, and why we are unhappy.
Then we also might have the second story, in which we say: I also experienced...(anything positive), and becuse of this I know..;It always saved me..;I miss many things, but despite of this, I have..
Then we might also have the third story:Becuse of what the second story told me, I can in the future...Because of the second story, I want to experirnce something I do not know yet, such as...
such an inspirational post (especially the last point) about looking at the positive side of things
Unread 08-28-2011, 07:20 AM

Without an exact chart and especially time of birth all else is just speculation. Using relocation chart doesnt help. We need the natal charts and a composite of those can only be accurate with right time of birth in both cases.
Unread 08-28-2011, 07:22 AM

I agree that Saturn aspects can be handled better with age perhaps but then again they tend to kick in more as we age, i.e. going through 1st, 2nd and often 3rd Saturn Returns.
Unread 08-28-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myst1calz View Post
im grateful for this aspect. it makes me stop and think what im doing and assess the situation or persons. i got moon opp neptune in 7th so its a good aspect to have. very cautious and selective when it comes to partnerships. i notice people with this aspect tend to look for quality partners who are reliable and trustworthy. great aspect to have when you're also under the vices of moon opp neptune influence.
Yes Moon opposing Neptune can be very tricky but at least it manifests in the outer world with others and is more tangible. Projection to and from others is a danger. Illusion, deceit and over idealism. But can be managed to become more spiritually aware, more compassionate and more discriminating in who we become emotionally involved with. The saviour/victim complex is always a danger.
Unread 11-08-2011, 03:36 PM

I have this aspect wow lame My Venus Leo Squaring my Saturn in Sagittarius, plus I have Saturn Retrograde. Hmmmmmm I have had many boyfriends some I know loved me a lot. I sometimes am unrealist and always want more or get unattached randomly and fast. I am an implustive dumper, which shocks my Cancer sun. I have fits of insecurity where I blame superficial things on my partner, like if I gain weight while dating them I go really unfairly bitter. I grew up with an extremely intellectual father and very protective and loving mother. I used to be teased at school for being 'so spoiled', and I would just say it's not my fault i'm so lovable. Being too spoiled can also make someone have an ugly temper though and expect too much out of others. Even good things can be bad if immature. I can sometimes be short tempered and harsh with loved ones, or not want to talk to my friends for a while because I get really distant and weird. Love is hard for me to understand unless it's towards animals or children. I do get scared to have any emotional investments on others and as a teen I was hurt a lot (random guys I was dating would vanish days before professing love to me). I guess I started to tune out love, or what people said they meant. My bf now if I try to talk about leaving or being unhappy about stuff he looks at me and says "I don't know who you think I am but I'm not a little boy you are going to scare away, I love you and I'm staying by your side". He does travel a lot and I worry about him sometimes I used to feel it was easier to just not worry and be alone but I have to stay with him. Just like the first time I met him, I felt like I was home or something. I have to be with him, he is too good for me to give up on because of my own emotional ice queen mellow drama bs. I think this aspects makes me the one who runs away and blames it on others. Kinda cowardly I am kinda waking up from that illusion now. I also have some pretty sweet venus aspects though, only 1 harsh one. Also, a nice mercury trine saturn, so everything balances out. Plus, there is not other love without self love. Also, I think some of my most beneficial qualities come from squares and my opposition. My lack of fear from opposition or being bullied, usually allows me to see opportunities in other peoples misuse of authority or when they are on the defense. Basically, if someone gets aggressive I can usually get what I want if they decide to challenge me in a negative way. If they stay positive then they can win, for example if I am told NO I quietly go nuts lol till I end up turning that no into a yes x3. The bottom line is my harder aspects take away a lot of my fear in more intense scenarios, when I face opposition that is when my mind slows down and I actually think more clearly. So these squares can make you a mighty warrior of life, no matter how hard and horrible life gets my leo lets me know its all an act and my feelings arn't that important. Just get up and move to the next scene.

Last edited by Love2Know; 11-08-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Unread 11-08-2011, 06:22 PM

http://askjulie.wordpress.com/tag/venus-square-saturn/ very good explanation

Good song to go with how the natives who posses this aspect may feel;

India.Arie - Ready For Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxkMl...feature=relmfu

Last edited by Love2Know; 11-08-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Unread 11-18-2011, 03:57 AM
Banned

From what people have said in this thread, and my experiences, Saturn is all about stunting when in a hard aspect. So stunting love, harmony, romance, ease, and beauty in our lives, making them something we need to work toward, is what Saturn does. It doesn't make us unloved, it makes love hard, and gives us many painful lessons to learn before we can realize that love.

I have Venus in 4th house Virgo square Saturn in the 6th house Sag 7 degrees, Saturn conjunct DC. I relate to what a lot of people said. I spent a lot of time alone as a child, and felt very rejected by peers (Saturn opp AC). When Pluto transited over my Saturn/DC, squaring Venus, my Sag mother married my Scorp stepfather and their relationship led towards divorce and left me traumatized by the time the transit was over. I spent some time homeless (4th house) as a teenager, furthering feelings of inadequacy among my peers and discord for a home life. I didn't have an intimate relationship until I was in my twenties. I have recurring feelings of being unworthy of love or consideration.

I've found that studying Saturn's influence (independent of Venus at first) helped me realize how I could turn my feelings and experiences into something positive. It's still hard, I suppose, but I don't have any pity for myself over it. I think that is really the first thing... not to pity yourself if you feel unloved or unwanted, or think that this stupid square is the source of all your problems (it's always an escapist route to place blame). What also helps is being open to the difficulty, and realize that you'll get there when you get there. Have patience with yourself if you feel you're too insecure to have a stable relationship. It's ok to feel that way and then work through it, slow and steady as Saturn toils in order to reap rewards. Count your blessings. Do something that you believe your Venus would enjoy (Venus in Leo? Sing a song out loud and dance. Venus in Gemini? Play a strategy game. Venus in Cancer? Have a delicious meal...) Of course you could go deeper than that, but just to give an idea.

Anyway, sorry for rambling! I hope that was sorta helpful. Keep posting stories. I like to read them (we have to support each other afterall).
Unread 11-18-2011, 05:29 PM

I am very thankful for reading a little peice of your experience and to see the strength you have realized within yourself. I also felt rejected by peers as a child, even though I had friends. It made me realize I should have more faith in people but mainly myself. It also showed me how my mistakes have made me smarter and taught me a sense of empathy beyond myself. It made me realize other people have feels too, it also taught me the important of loyalty and hanging in there when the going gets hard.. I used to run away and not look back if someone I cared for hurt me, even slightly.. Leo in venus (1st house) square Sag in Saturn (4th house Saturn retrograde) I do start to sing my emotions lolllllll

Last edited by Love2Know; 11-18-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Unread 11-18-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmoondawn View Post
I have a tight Venus semi-sextile Saturn that can play up in similar ways. Here's my take on this: I think that most people have unconcious intimacy sabotage mechanisms in place, I guess our charts shows the various ways which these manifest but underlying all that is the fear of getting close. I believe this is cuz we are usually unable to give something up, a strong attachment, and what that does is set up the showdown between creative avoidance (to maintain the status quo) or staying with the resistance. That attachment to something/someone/idea etc. is usually a huge blindspot for us (I see it but I don't "see" it) as the emotions involved are quite complex, usually it takes an uninvolved outside party to see it (although listening with an open mind is another story..).
Yes I agree with this, I also feel relationships with others have taught me the most about myself.
Unread 11-19-2011, 04:34 AM

has anyone with venus square saturn found meaningful love in their lives?

does anyone have a happy ending?
Unread 11-19-2011, 05:25 AM

I have lots of love in my life. Always have!
Unread 11-21-2011, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
I have lots of love in my life. Always have!
so there is hope
Unread 11-21-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrology02 View Post
so there is hope
Of course! It's only one aspect in a chart plus I have other "nice" aspects involving Venus and Saturn separately.

"The square from Venus to Saturn indicates that you have difficulty relating to others. As a result, you may feel left out of the mainstream of social relationships. You are basically unwilling to accept the responsibility that is established when two individuals meet in a more than casual way. You tend to be on the defensive, as if you feared that the other person would make impossible demands of you. Perhaps in your early life you felt rejected by someone you really cared for, even a parent."

I'm scared of people placing too much reliance on me, doesn't mean I have a lot of love just sometimes I just get fed up or a bit uncomfortable and wanna be alone. This is not from my parents though, they are the opposite of that. They have an open house to friends and family, I can kinda want to lerk alone and not have people expect me to do stuff. As I get older I realize it's worth it to open up, not just to run away emotionally. I still struggle with it, I guess it makes me kinda like a guy in relationships sometimes. lollllllll I have love and the people around me always push me to open up and help me work through my fears or desires to explore other areas of life in a unstable manner. Like I could be in school for 5 years then before I finish wanna bolt to another city even though I have lots of support as in people who enjoy me. I always struggle with those irrational feelings. "If you are attracted to someone whom you can admire and respect, isn't it worth adjusting to that person's peculiarities? You will find your own identity by being willing to identify with others in mutual responsiveness." Pretty much also the last part makes sense;" Try to become more optimistic and give yourself a greater chance for happiness. Feeling melancholy and sorry for yourself stimulates some physical problems, such as high blood pressure caused by tension and anxiety. Learn to relax and let go. Life is too short to let it become unnecessarily burdened by unimportant matters. Try giving instead of complaining about what others demand of you."

Basically every sexist thing said about men and relationships in a negative way would make them appear as having a venus sqaure saturn.

Quotes from http://www.strangehouse.com/natal-as...e-venus-2.html

good one too
http://theastrologyplace.blogspot.co...us-saturn.html
Unread 11-21-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arian Maverick View Post
You may have heard of the Law of Attraction, Arian Maverick
i too have Venus square Saturn [it is not a rare aspect] between Leo and Scorpio...after years of trying to cope with the subconscious inner conflicts as well as the financial hardships, I have finally learned that indeed true change must come from within rather than from without...what is required is a change of perspective and attitude, as well as developing a new faith and trust in the self [via the divine connection] and the willingness to see ourselves objectively and to forgive that inner self that keeps us feeling weak, unworthy or lonely.

Venus indeed is a large part of the Law of attraction and I consider that it also relates to 'expectations'...too often we hold unrealistic expectations and find ourselves remaining disappointed and frustrated when we feel we are not being given what we deserve...

Great posts, all!
Unread 11-21-2011, 06:52 PM

Yeah but I have been blessed with a lot of stuff including my university being payed for me.. my downfall is being vain, like if I gain some weight nothing else in the world matters besides that. I am getting over that horrible mentality.

A good song for all my venus square saturn peeps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J7J_IWUhls&ob=av3e

I think it is about overcoming our own fears of love and finding the strength within to take a leap of faith, when someone worth it finally comes.

Last edited by Love2Know; 11-24-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Unread 01-04-2012, 01:38 AM

HEY i have almost a t square in those houses too. 1st house pluto in scorpio square fourth house saturn in aquarius's last degree square seventh house venus in gemini square tenth house mars in virgo...
i would describe my childhood as a disillusioned inferiority complex, mind you i think it was great... it made me who i am today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodawn View Post
I have read liz greens saturn/venus with my eyes wide.
She described my childhood and relationship problems with so much accuracy it was like she knew me!

Ive got a t square of

7H saturn square 4H venus square 1H moon

I used to wish i was adopted when i was about 10 because i could have understood why they didnt like me?
I get into relationships with all sorts of waifs and strays and most turn out to be abnormal in some way .... you only have to read my previous posts.
I dont actually feel as though ive ever loved anyone properly and I dont think anyones loved me. ( although I always fall madly in love with new beaus's for about 6 weeks then it just stops) <---if you know what i mean?

A fascinating read on this subject, thanks for explaining my lifes trials in such a readable way

think I will have to give up on men, and be an old spinster

Dawn
Unread 04-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Account Closed

Hello, I was wondering, are there some helpful general advices, when flirting with someone with venus square saturn?

Do I have the correct impression, when I say, they are a bit cold and withdrawn (maybe even if they don't mean to)?

Is being persistent and cheeky a good strategy here to get through to these people? Or better be calm and patient? Or are there absolutely no general advices possible?
Unread 04-11-2012, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasmo View Post
Hello, I was wondering, are there some helpful general advices, when flirting with someone with venus square saturn?

Do I have the correct impression, when I say, they are a bit cold and withdrawn (maybe even if they don't mean to)?

Is being persistent and cheeky a good strategy here to get through to these people? Or better be calm and patient? Or are there absolutely no general advices possible?
Depends on the person, I have venus leo square sag being persistent and cheeky works for me lol, what are their square signs?
—Albert Einstein
Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission—to be of service to them wherever they require it.—Francis of Assisi
Unread 04-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
I have venus leo square sag being persistent and cheeky works for me lol
Ok, but you would probably act a little bit cool, even if you like the persistent and cheeky way? The cool behaviour is of course a bit discouraging, but if though a happy ending is prospective, I think it's possible to stay on the ball

Quote:
what are their square signs?
Mh, venus gemini square virgo...

Last edited by fantasmo; 04-11-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasmo View Post
Ok, but you would probably act a little bit cool, even if you like the persistent and cheeky way? The cool behaviour is of course a bit discouraging, but if though a happy ending is prospective, I think it's possible to stay on the ball

Mh, venus gemini square virgo...
Well I get morally intense and critical fast... Sometimes I just need space but if someone makes me laugh and flatters me a lot 10000 points
i am hot and cold but as i get older i ignore the cold more as to not make others feel bad
—Albert Einstein
Not to hurt our humble brethren is our first duty to them, but to stop there is not enough. We have a higher mission—to be of service to them wherever they require it.—Francis of Assisi
Unread 04-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Account Closed

Hey,

now I remembered a looong time ago I already knew somebody with this aspect venus gem. square saturn virg. (Also had moon gemini) (and I had a feelling like, being forced to get together, though it took a veryvery long time we first talked to each other, but attraction (when I speak for myself) was always there).
And yes, it all ended up in a lot of critisicm which hurt me very much.

So now I thought, is it my "destiny" being attracted to these guys? I also form a moon square venus with these people...maybe that's also a reason.

I have a link that show my planets and aspects (is that enough?)...I was wondering if it's possible to say: do I have a tendency to be attracted to such people? And the most important: Do I have talent to "handle" them well? (I believe I don't...especially the thing with permanent criticsm is really not easy...on the other hand I think I am always willing to help people and stay by their side).

So here's my link, would be very interesting, what you think:
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7271/tablevq.png
Houses are (if that's needed):
moon 5 (equal houses 6) // Sat 11 (equal houses 12)
mars 9 // Jup 11 (equal houses 12)
sun 10 // Pluto 12
merc 10 // Uranus 1
neptune 2
Unread 08-11-2012, 04:37 PM

I have Saturn in 2nd h. opposition Venus+NN in 8th.

I thought about this aspect very much. Because as I opened many threads about it, I believe I am cursed forever in relationships.

I don't believe the biggest problem is about self esteem. There are lots of times, especially in university, that I was very self-confident, talkative. I was never a cold person and I am a smiling person even if I don't want to(I mean I often laugh even if I am not in that mood, I can't hold myself)...because this is about Asc. not Venus. And I am like that although Venus is the ruler of my Asc. Probably it gets this cheerful power from Jupiter which squares this opp.

See? Even in the times I'm so self-confident, I couldn't find a boyfriend. The ones I found was hardly done although I knew they are not good for me.

Saturn is the self-torturer, not the teacher and it never ever gives a prize for this torture. I will give you an example:

I had social phobia during my adolescent years. I worked so hard to overcome it, you can't believe. I do many things to overcome my fearful personality. If Saturn is a teacher, then I do anything to change myself and let myself go. But at the end...nothing happened. 10 years of work and nothing changed. I made lots of new friends, they all left me. I didn't meet any person who is suitable for me. I even don't have a job. I am alone again. Look at this teacher

If Saturn is the teacher; In my second and longest relationship, I deny many things for a long time. But at the end of the first year, I realized it is not good for me and I finished it. I realized so many thing and get the lesson. But unfortunetaly after I learned my so-called lesson, I met nobody. For the last 5 years. I fell in love with a man whom I learned later that he has a girlfriend.

That is my fate. And I can surely say that Saturn created all the problems later, especially the fear. You start to get more paranoid and controlled in your life. Saturn causes the person to be over controlled and a cold person. I was not like that, I happened to be a person like that in the last 3 years. And this is not growing up, this is getting older and older and losing your life joy everyday. Because nothing changes even if you try.

So I understand that this is my fate and now I want to be alone forever. I accept it. I can't accept to marry someone at the age of 40 or 50 while all my friends and most of the people had fun in their most beautiful times. So I will live alone because I didn't get any gain from my work of self-improvement.

And because my Venus is in the 8th, I had very bad experiences about occult things. I am writing this because Saturn taught me to fear. I exactly live that. I'm 27 and in the last 2 years of my life, (also Saturn was transiting through my 12th-1st house) I learned to fear men, sex, occult things, friendship, trusting someone, showing myself. I lost everything I won and solved before. That's a huge disappointment and I won't let myself to be decieved again.

Last edited by midnight sun; 08-11-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Unread 08-12-2012, 07:37 PM

Maybe u didnt learn the lesson yet.. If people keep leaving u then maybe you should be examining why they do so. I was thinking about my saturn sag 4th square leo venus 1st..... and also how my cap mars 5th issues seem to come into play. I really can be so pleasure and lesiure focused that it makes these workaholic yet slighty goofy types go nuts. I tend to overdo pleasure to a T! I can come off so nice friendly and silly but not focused or serious. People are suprised I get anything done, I do not like to express any compeitiveness or accomplishments to others.... I believe that is boring and others are for fun. If I am at work I work, I cant over think or talk about it without feeling like my life is wasting away. I always strive to be free and have fun but I realise with some relationships this attitude can put on strain on them because no one wants to be with a loser. Or someone who comes off so laid back and care free they can be viewed as unmoitivated. But I am very intense and anxious, I guess my leo rising can hide it too well sometimes. I got in a fight with someone I love the other day, apparently arguing with me is like arguing with a wall..... I have a hard head and get confused by insults. I have have to try very hard to see the other persons perspective from a logical view point without twisting it into myself being totally right and justified and I do and sometimes I need to compromise instead of being fatalistic and saying F off bye, which I can do when I feel my freedom or self expression is being hindered. I try not to confuse a with b or c and stay on the issue. This is a hard lesson and one I have to keep learning sometimes sticking around through some harder times is the more difficult but better option than walking away so easily from people and living with a weird sort of half regret, that is clouded by ego. Now I kinda sit and try to become more compassionate with people instead of defensive and running away! In the end it makes you closer. So anyways sometimes the lesson you should really be learning is the one you haven't learnt yet because you have been too busy nursing your own ego while running away.
—Albert Einstein
Unread 08-12-2012, 09:04 PM

I never ran away. I changed my behaviours so many times but the result was the same. I tried so hard. I tried various therapies, pills, healing types. Nothing changed. And why there must be a lesson? This belief is for comforting ourselves in this unequal life. This is the double-face of this belief;
Saturn is said to give a prize after hard work, or punishes for non-work
But when we look at the pratical life, there is only punishment and pain. Outer world is not working like that. And these principles always blame the individual. Why am I the guilty one? Everyone knows how to love so good except me? Remember the people we're complaining are members of consuming culture, especially the ones born in 80s.
So personally I don't believe any planet in astrology is a teacher. Maybe the word "transformation" is better for using.(difference is being more constructive) If they are teachers, after thousands years of research we all have to know the solutions of these stressful energies. But we still don't know. A good teacher has to teach the solution of the problem in so many years. We're just talking but not solving anything. We know ourselves better with astrology and I like that but there is no solution. I read 7 pages of this thread and see no solution really.

Tags
saturn, square, venus