Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Aspects & configurations

Aspects & configurations Discuss here about natal chart aspects and configurations.

Unread 04-02-2011, 02:04 AM

Re: Venus square Saturn

one thing i've noted which I don't think I mentioned is that heath ledger had the opposition aspect and I think it was very significant in his tragic death.he also has sun opposite pluto and sun aspecting neptune, being someone who has similar aspects I can understand it in his behaviour .it plays out in his personality when in films where you see him cast in a relationship role. if you study his body language and behaviour you can see the coldness and austerity ,add pluto in the 7th and more of the suspicious side of a personality pops up when people are expressing affection towards him. venus saturn sometimes doubts the sincerity when people show affection,his pluto opposite sun in the 7th may have amplified a sense of distrust,the neptune aspects to his sun mercury and mars would set these ideas in his mind that he is being persecuted, even if the person isn't causing them harm.saturn venus people can sometimes test others to see whether they really care but this often causes their own undoing as its scares others away and makes one look cold which is exactly the opposite of what they want.

Last edited by multiple; 04-02-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Unread 04-02-2011, 08:52 AM

I have venus in libra square saturn, neptune, uranus (all in capricorn) and jupiter (in cancer).

I never understood why i had no luck in relationships until i came across astrology. I would say I subconsciously believe I am not worthy of being in a loving relationship. I am sensitive to rejection and always assume I will be alone. Out of all the aspects in my natal chart- venus square saturn is the most challenging without a doubt.

As a child, i had low self-esteem, very few friends and even as an adult I have not overcome it yet.

I have had very loving people in my life and have had some positive relationships, however like others have said there is always a defense mechanism that goes up when someone gets to close to me. I think people with venus square saturn are so unhappy with themselves that they project that on to others and get negative results.

It's really great to hear other people's stories because it lets you know you are not the only one feeling like this.

Thanks for sharing everyone
Unread 04-02-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannon View Post
Inferiority complexes are common among Cancer types. That is your rising sign according to this chart, but to be certain of any Ascendant figure, I'd have to cast your chart myself. It is likely that you actually have Pluto squaring your Ascendant.

So let's address Venus square Saturn. What Venus and Saturn have in common are what we Value. Venus values from the heart (or gonads) and Saturn values from a place of practicality, material or earthly realities. In square aspect these two show a conflict of feeling and standards.

Part of the problem is that you will have to work to understand how to give and take without compromising yourself. Your sense of Love has a tendency to be too fixed, not flowing. You are relationship-oriented with those Libra planets and Sun and Venus in aspect, but you will have to work through things some would call karma related to these things.

Venus in Scorpio can mean you withhold affection unless you have possession of them. Saturn in Leo is often status-oriented, not respecting someone unless they meet certain criteria.

Understand this aspect is a strong, driving one. Many people who have this aspect are involved in relationships and marriage. Venus and Saturn create commitment, but don't expect it to be all roses and come easily in some happily-ever-after scenario.

The chart you show here, if reasonably correct, is the chart of an entertainer, someone who pursues her passion and who has an audience. If this does not in any way describe you, then we're looking at a chart that needs to be seriously adjusted.
great interpretation!
Unread 04-17-2011, 12:30 PM

Hello,

I found out about my square Venus(Aquarius) Saturn (Scorpio) not so long ago, and, being generally very paranoid, I realised it has affected me badly as is already.

So, I accidentally came across this thread, which was indeed very enlightening, and everyone is going on about being realistic.

Everything has been very true about me, I never even felt attracted to anyone, and when I did, the person would typically be popular, and myself generally uncool and unwanted, nothing much at all, the usual teen clashes. I first kissed a boy at 23 and first made love at 25. And I really feel like I messed things up between myself and my lover because I felt insecure around him all along, this permanent fear of rejection and unwanted-ness seems to be chasing me everywhere.

And the most beautiful thing that has ever been done for me was when a crazy latent lesbian took a train from Berlin to Paris to meet me for one evening - this is really lame, because this is the last thing one would want to happen.

I am very good looking, by every single standard, I gradually learned to make myself popular, I made friends with cool popular people it's a privilege to be friends with (in my teens I was friends with unpopular ones like myself, for lack of a batter alternative). So everyone wants to be around me now, but still once it comes to love as such, I find myself desired by the wrong men and overlooked by the ones I would consider being with.

Now there is a man in my life, twice my age or thereabouts, we seem to be dating, and my organic being is sort of happy around him (very attractive and intellectual and pretty much whatnot, younger girls just swoon over him by the dozen), I feel appreciated and generally not too useless, but another part of me feels that it's because guys around my age do not want to get involved with me that I ended up where I am.

The problem with me is that I just love young bodies, soft skin, immaturity in a good way. I would love to share and walk the road with someone, to evolve together pretty much, not to be with someone who is a fait accompli. I feel like beautiful things exist beyond my reach and I'm just getting older, and I have no clue what I might be doing wrong.

So, I can't make much out about this being realistic bit - my Mars in Pisces, obv. I don't want to work on anything - it hurts to see things turning up in everybody's life but mine, no one I know seems to be working on their lovelife, and it just seems unfair that I should "work". And even when I work it doesn't come to much. I don't want to be realistic. Everyone keeps saying I am unreasonably romantic (prob true), so I can't see why extraordinary stuff just can't come my way, realism seems to be like the poison that will make my life useless and not in the least fascinating, and I love being fascinated, it's part of my identity. I believe this sort of position is justified.

The usual questions, basically. Am I doing anything wrong? What is it that I should do to make things not this hopeless?

Many thanks in advance and cheers for reading

x

Elaine
Unread 04-17-2011, 06:09 PM

I have a t-square between a venus-mercury conjunction in 6th capricorn, a pluto-saturn conjunction in 4th (late libra and early scorpio) and my cancer moon in 12th. I can say that I have experienced the situation in full.

Starting with 4th house, my childhood years were not very happy. My parents quarrel a lot, mainly because my acquarious mum has a very essentric and strong personality, that she wants everything her way and she is the same time irrational and dominating. My dad couldn't cope with her and he left home to do business in another city since I was 12 years old, only comes back 2-3 times a year for a duratioin of less than 2 months. We are talking about China here, where their generation were not too keen to file for divorce. They stayed married till today, but I know both of them suffer alot from their marriage. The absence of my father's support may be the result of saturn being in my 4th, i guess.

That left me alone to cope with my mum. I suspect she does not have water sign at all in her chart, and she must have a strong mars or pluto. for today when I think back, I remember myself crying so very often, believing myself the most-miserable child in the whole world, because of my ever so sensitive cancer moon was afflicted terribly by her irrational behavior, quick temper, various accusations and abusive language. Growing up, I couldnt realize at all how wonderful I am and the many good qualities i process, even though I have always been a charming person outside of home, I was more alive elsewhere than in my own home. Even till today, i never talk about my feelings with my mum or my dad. Issues relate to the heart is completely shut off from both of them. Nor I am comfortable to speak my secret to any close friends till a few years ago. I definitely had the problems to entrust anyone with my feelings, because i fear rejection, disapproval etc.

The problem of venus square saturn becomes more accute when I fell in love with someone I love greatly. I am all spontaneous as long as i am not in love, but when I am, I feel so akward to express my feelings, and most important of all, i feel I am so undeserving of the other person. I mistrust my relationship, and constantly suspecting they are fooling around with women around him, and was very jealous about their past relationships. Having a capricorn sun and mecury, I tried everthing to force myself to act and think rationally, but my moon wouldnt let me. I have to constantly cope with the disconcord between my mind (mercury) and my feelings (moon), which were like two horses going opposite direction to split me in half. But still, I couldnt voice a word about this struggle to anyone. I kept everything for myself.

If not for jupiter gives support to both venus(sextile) and moon(trine). I could have been lost in limbo forever. But thanks jupiter, who gives me conviction and positivity as well as the courage to laugh at myself. Even in the darkest days, I still kept myself positive, and telling myself it will all be over one day.

The good thing about Saturn is that it makes people learn. having pluto conjunct saturn give the learning a tranformative power. I feel I have died and made alive again after my experience, as a result I see the world differently, although it could be either for better or for worse.

The advices I can give to people who have similar aspects:
1. there is no way to avoid it when planetary movement begin to energize the aspect, so be brave and face it with strength, knowing that all the miseries will be over one day
2. try to learn about urself as much as possible, speak to a consellor, study astrology and have a rational framework to solve your problem
3. be positive
Unread 07-06-2011, 03:35 AM

Hi all,

i would like to reinforce what several members have said here, as well as enquire further.

First, my venus(cap12) is trine my saturn(tau5). I have howver gone through a very horrible break up with someone I love dearly.

His venus is conjunct mine, and, in the same house - we are both cap rising so yes, his venus is also in his (and my) 12th house. But, his venus is inconjunct his saturn(gem5).

We have finally broken up, after awful, awful times, however, I attribute a lot of what happened additionally to other aspects in his chart - such as: his venus square pluto, his saturn opposite mars (my mars conjuncts his), and also square his moon(T-square).

I will try to keep the focus just on the saturn inconjunct his venus.

When we initially began dating I saw how much he would test me, on purpose. It became absolutely exhausing for me. Another thing I noticed initially with him is that, he gives people enough rope to hang themselves. This was awful to watch with others, thne, eventually it was with me. He will give and give, then, when that person doesn't meet his expectation or needs in some way, he totally lashes out, and then justifies it completely in his mind like they deserved it. Was sad to watch becuase from my side he was delusional, and setting others up for failure to justify the unleashing of his scorn, or rejection of them, and ultimately making himself more unhappy and dillusional. It was about power. And here I think it is absolutely correct to associate this aspect with an inferiority complex - much is done to (over)compensate.

What others have said here as well, there is a lack of trust and an absolute suspicion of the giving of love and affection from others. To this day he will still insist that I didn't love him I feel sad for him: he is like a deep black hole, a vortex that is never filled, he lives in constant fear, and taking the life out of others in a desperate attempt to fill his own vortex.

I say this with great sadness and regret as, I couldn't reach him. I tried to lend out my saturn trine venus but, it seemed he was only suspicious of my free and easier expression of love. He used to kind of emotionally trap me too, in a "i told you so" scenario. Yes, mostly - or even always - it was a completely bias and subjective rational that no logic could penetrate.

So, the moral of the story is, try to trust love. I think that, people need to trust themselves too in that, if they do get hurt from love, they trust themselves to be able to recover. It's better to have loved though. If one is uncertain, then certainly, travel with caution. But remember with this aspect, it can be exacerbating for those trying to love you - don't take it to extremes.

I would like to hear more about the inner feelings and dynamic one feels with this aspect - can any try to describe what happens inside your head/heart?

Last edited by sassaqua; 07-06-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Unread 07-06-2011, 04:20 AM

. .

Last edited by multiple; 08-28-2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: personal reasons
Unread 07-06-2011, 04:45 AM

"with my parents they do love me but it feels like tough love,like they will treat me in a way that is disrespectful or. cruel and that is how i'm suppose to experience love so I go into situations being a lot more wary of people. "

Wow, that's quite a statement and interpretation - but it feels like tough love,like they will treat me in a way that is disrespectful or. cruel and that is how i'm suppose to experience lov. I don't know you but, personally, I don't think it is how you are supposed to experience love at all. The equation is quite illogical: these things are the antithesis to love!

I noticed similar with my ex's folks, I know he had deep feelings that he was unloved, and abused even. His parents are - as far as i am concerned - cold, distant and undemonstrative of love and affection, between themselves, and toward their children. My ex had the opportunity to live a life contra to this, however, it seems he cannot get beyond his conditioning (or his venus inconjunct his saturn), and has decided to go with what is familiar, and therefore easier to acquiesce. It's pretty difficult when you do not have an alternative model to develop toward, and most people just want to "go with the flow" of what is easy and unconscious, rather than do the work of living a conscious life.

Unfortunately what you get then is projection and blaming others outside of oneself for the pain you feel inwardly. Which is what I copped - he blamed me for everything: if he was not sitting comfortably with himself for whatever reson, it was because I looked a certain way, a tone in my voice or, anything. It was the most abusive situation I've ever encountered, and on a truly sadisitc level.

Sorry, I'm still recovering....
Unread 07-06-2011, 05:37 AM

. .

Last edited by multiple; 08-28-2011 at 01:30 PM. Reason: personal reasons
Unread 07-06-2011, 05:49 AM

I can almost feel the fear and isolation of your childhood coming through your post Multiple.

Thanks for sharing your experience and perceptions.
Unread 07-06-2011, 01:59 PM

I just though of something else: what about fleeting/unstable romance attractions with a venus square saturn, does this ring any bells for anyone?
Unread 07-06-2011, 03:12 PM

This thread is really insightful and I'm grateful I came across it yesterday.

I also have Venus in Gemini (8th house) squaring Saturn in Virgo (11th house). For me, it all ties down to my low self-esteem and wrongfully believing that I am not worthy of love, or there is simply something wrong with me. It's a constant battle to quieten the voice down, but it is something I am more aware of and working on.

I've only had unstable romances. My Venus also squares my Moon in Pisces (5th house). Saturn is also opposite my Moon. *argh*
Unread 07-07-2011, 12:55 AM

That sounds very tricky melinda. Keep working at it
Unread 08-08-2011, 05:08 PM

Hi everbody, joing you with my Venus square Saturn ascpect.
I believe in a positive life heading. Perhaps some of you might like Michael Brown, who writes about authenticity, integrity, intimacy, presence, grace, gratitude in connection to working on yourself. He has a webpage, The Presence Process, his approach is very warm (10 basic "lessons":1. connectning with present moment and body via breathing lesson, 2. recognizing mirroring and projecting, 3.choosing consciouos reacting, 4. feeling unconditionally, 5. i am innocent, 6.connecting the burdening feelings, 7. I feel sage now, 8. I forgive myself, 9. I love myself unconditionally, 10. I respet myself for who/what I am). It about re-connecting.

All the best

Jupiii
Unread 08-21-2011, 10:20 PM
Account Closed

Hi everyone,

does anyone know what kind of effects this aspect might have on one's attitudes to friendships? I've read that Venus-trine-Saturn individuals are often loners and don't place much value in them, and I know one individual with this natal aspect and is exactly as described. So what about us venus/square/saturns? Scared, confused, fear problems, and pull back?

And are there any members who feel that they've overcome the most negative features of this aspect as they got older? Any troublesome artifacts remain? Just curious.
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:40 AM

Yes, that is a great question -
often questions around Venus (and Mars) are kept limitted to romantic relationships, forgetting they are very active still in other parts of our lives, this includs friendships! So yes. I am interested to hear too.

As well as how folks have worked with the aspect to overcome the challenges, and heal any wounds.

I have the venus trine saturn, I am pretty much a loner. I do not like packs, or groups very much; I like to play autonomously, and I am compelled to striving for the master of my domain; I stand independently! But i have strong uranus too, and pluto on my mc too.
Unread 08-22-2011, 12:51 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassaqua View Post

I have the venus trine saturn, I am pretty much a loner. I do not like packs, or groups very much; I like to play autonomously, and I am compelled to striving for the master of my domain; I stand independently! But i have strong uranus too, and pluto on my mc too.
How interesting! I'm so glad I posted that now - I think I've found clues in that Venus/Saturn connection that I was looking for. So how have the years gone by with your friendhips Sassaqua?

Me...Venus square Saturn (Venus in Pisces, Saturn ruler of 7th, 1st ruler Moon square Saturn and opp. Venus...mutable T) I have to say I had serious people problems growing up. I was so defensive and grumpy, very sarcastic. But I've overhauled...Cancer rising, two water planets, and one of them sitting on Pisces MC...how could I not learn from this? I admit, I still keep friendships at bay, and frequently quiz myself if I like being a bit of a loner sometimes...I guess I like people, but I re-charge by being away from them lol. I'm very ambitious, a little time-selfish and reflective so I guess I enjoy time alone pursuing my own pursuits. But friendships have gotten better as I've gotten older, and I definitely have an easier time now, and those horrible characteristics from youth are shaken off...

Last edited by byjove; 01-21-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Unread 08-22-2011, 01:09 AM

Hiya

I don't understand your positioning - Venus in Pisces.. (Saturn ruler of 7th yes), but in ..?

Ok, remember, I have the trine with venus and saturn. My friendships are always one on one, and I like the full attention I give my friends, and the intimacy that the 1:1 can provide, I don't like superficial talk; I don't like my time - without sounding like a dick - wasted. That is, I always have some project, or something on the go, and I am selective wit my time. Even if it's just an appointment with my doona for the day

My venus is conjunct my ascendant (12th), square my moon (10th). I guess I can feel sometimes vulnerable in groups, exposed, as well as, I can feel overwhelmed with too many peoples' emotional energy.

My last two relationships, I was heavily betrayed and ******* over. Mu last relationship, of which I am still recovering, he had the inconjunct between venus and saturn. Our venuses were conjunct - I am figuring now, his very, very, mean inconjunct won over. Or so it seems.

I have never met such a cruel, mean, viscious, deceitful, horrible person. Hence my query here about the square

Keeping in mind, he had heaps of problem aspects, so obviously in was an accumulation of aspects, I am making attempt to delineate between them all, to understand the darker side of human nature.

Obviously I am of the lighter
Unread 08-22-2011, 01:11 AM

Oh, may I add, the betrayals also included some friends, as well as - in the first relationship - his friends. People I didn't even know.

I am more shy than ever about people, and being scapegoated or victimised by them.

Never again... my eyes are wide open now
Unread 08-22-2011, 01:30 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Rushwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiiiter View Post
Hi everbody, joing you with my Venus square Saturn ascpect.
I believe in a positive life heading. Perhaps some of you might like Michael Brown, who writes about authenticity, integrity, intimacy, presence, grace, gratitude in connection to working on yourself. He has a webpage, The Presence Process, his approach is very warm (10 basic "lessons":1. connectning with present moment and body via breathing lesson, 2. recognizing mirroring and projecting, 3.choosing consciouos reacting, 4. feeling unconditionally, 5. i am innocent, 6.connecting the burdening feelings, 7. I feel sage now, 8. I forgive myself, 9. I love myself unconditionally, 10. I respet myself for who/what I am). It about re-connecting.

All the best

Jupiii
Thank you this is exactly what I am going through myself, after having experienced time and again relationships where it is all about the other person. That I am ok, that I am innocent, able to be in the moment these are all extremely important things for me. I have scorpio saturn ic sq venus leo (also conj ascendant) , and its like my natural desire for warmth and honesty is always a weakness of mine that gets me involved with bad characters (saturn scorp) who hide the truth, and use emotional manipulation to pull me in beyond what I can handle, then I am terrified and have to leave. Just a few days ago, I had to call the police and get a restraining order on a person who I thought was a friend, who has a venus saturn opposition (along his asc descendant) and who had used me completely after violating my personal boundaries time and time again, but my need to care for someone (perhaps all my virgo planets) made me blind to the warning signs. He threatened to kill himself if I left him over and over, and had no remorse for the fact that he would not leave me alone after I asked him, begged him too, over and over. It was awful. He created it for himself I think, as another subconsciously reinforcing failure to prove how he cannot love women the right way. It was terrible. He was 67, and I am 25. I never EVER EVER wanted to have a relationship with him he was revolting to me, but I spent my energy looking at the light side of him rather than the dark. Because he did not back down to the point that I had to lock all my doors for fear of my safety and the safety of my family, this whole experience has brought me back to this forum for consolation and release.

Also, additionally, I have found with my venus sq saturn aspect, is that there is a great deal of shame about my personal desires, as if being particular about what I want is wrong. Also there is a fear about coming clean about the past, because if I do then no one will love me. Perhaps this is because my saturn is conj my moon as well, that I have a great deal of fear of showing my inner needs and feelings. My venus however, just wants to run off and have a good time! Not going to happen anymore. .. ;_;

Unread 08-22-2011, 01:41 AM

Oh, Byjove, I just saw your chart

I see... wow, my ex had the moon square saturn too, and in a tsquare, but with mars
Unread 08-22-2011, 03:24 AM

did anyone who has venus square saturn in their natal chart find love later on in life?
Unread 08-22-2011, 09:46 PM

Ciao,
so Venus square Saturn and friendships - from my experience (Venus/Tau8/ square Saturn/ Leo11/):
yes, it did change with years of course - but life is supposed to be more or less a constant change
I like company of other people a lot, some more others less, but I find this very natural. I enjoy everything, from being alone, to one to one, small groups and bunches of people. I can't really imagine being alone too long, though I admit that even among many people I can sometimes feel alone. I think all this is simply natural. Maybe we have different social needs - some people like (or need) to socialize more than others. I had jobs where I worked with people and I liked it. As for filling or re-charging batterries - sometimes it is a must to do it on my own, sometimes other people fill me up. As a child I was much more closed regarding this, but I traveled much and lived abroad, which all contributed to being more open and rather focus on trying to figure out new situations and people. But on a deepest level, I do need a lot of time to open up, and honestly I just think it's quite ok if I keep some secrects for myself and simply learn on my own, too. Perhaps Venus square Saturn implies emotional growth on a interpersonal level, so to resolve this "problem" - at least in a full specter - it is almost impossible to do it without other people, as the relations reflect some aspects of us that would stay hidden otherwise. I find my friendships far more enjoyable and relaxed than my realtionships. But being involved with someone, is far more personal than being a friend. As far as the friendships are concerned, I always prefer harmony, but perhaps I could accuse my Libra rising for this. So in this aspect, sometimes I do not expose problems, or can be overly tolerant. But not always, since my Ram nature is here, too, just to contradict sometimes...
Unread 08-23-2011, 01:15 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassaqua View Post
Oh, Byjove, I just saw your chart

I see... wow, my ex had the moon square saturn too, and in a tsquare, but with mars
lol don't worry, I'm sure I don't have the same intentions as your ex lol .

Jupiiter ^^^ That's interesting stuff. It's kind of what I was hoping for. It seem time healing all wounds works here too. And I get your harmony thing (I've Moon opp. Venus) and I'm a Ram too
Unread 08-23-2011, 11:51 AM

Sassaqua: As well as how folks have worked with the aspect to overcome the challenges, and heal any wounds.
Sassaqua, I'm not sure if I'm answering your question, but there is an ongoing theme of cooping with Venus Saturn aspects, so I'll just write my way of doing it.
  • I simply parent myself – What I miss, I can give myself now. I can find it in my hobbies, interests, friends. Everywhere.
  • I express care for myself – nobody else has to know about it, but I do, and if I know how to enjoy myself, it is easier to share it with others, too.
  • I prefer company of people that we have a positive impact on each other – this is not always possible, but personally I grow on points of warmth. So why nott accepting love and positive feelings/deeds, when people are willing to share/give them?
  • I stay open for opinions of others as well – some critiques are very constructive – if somebody really wishes to »open my eyes« than it is not about putting down someone (that is about power), but it is time for to reconsider what I have been told.
  • Things change. I can change them. I can find new ways. And sometimes other people bring changes, if I let them. I stay open to changes. Perhaps today you are not my friend yet, but you might be tommorrow. If I am not happy, than this is a sign, that I need a certain change, either within or on the outside in action.

Astrology02: there is always a defense mechanism that goes up when someone gets to close to me. I think people with venus square saturn are so unhappy with themselves that they project that on to others and get negative results.
Yes, I have a defense mechanism, too. I think it is good to have it, but it can be a real block sometimes, too. Nevertheless, I am quite sure, that reason that I have it came from the best. It must have served me at some point, and it might serve me again in the future, perhaps it even saved my butt. When it starts blocking me, I just try to go into surrendering, and not running away.
Projecting: just reading a book The Dark Side of the Light Chasers – it is about Shadow and projecting too. Some points in the book are worth reading, you have exercises too, there's a nice chater on projections. We can also project good sides on others. Even with Venus Saturn.

Byjove: It's kind of what I was hoping for. It seem time healing all wounds works here too. And I get your harmony thing (I've Moon opp. Venus) and I'm a Ram too.
Why did you hoped for that? Since we are both Ram, I wonder if you have any »anger management« issues?

For everyone who feels unloved or unworthy....this is someting i read recently:
We have the first story we tell ourselves about ourselves. This story is about everything bad that happened to us, and why we are unhappy.
Then we also might have the second story, in which we say: I also experienced...(anything positive), and becuse of this I know..;It always saved me..;I miss many things, but despite of this, I have..
Then we might also have the third story:Becuse of what the second story told me, I can in the future...Because of the second story, I want to experirnce something I do not know yet, such as...

Tags
saturn, square, venus