Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 11-24-2007, 04:02 AM

Re: What in someone's chart would make them generally attractive

Agreed mdinaz-

Attractiveness is determined by an astrological comparison between two people. This falls into mental, emotional or physical attractiveness. The 7th house plays a part. I have Mercury in Gemini in the 7th house so usually my significant others talk a lot--others may say they never shut up-HA!--
but that is what I love and what I am attracted to.

There has been two threads about this and I think itís all been answered. Thanks !

- De

Unread 11-24-2007, 11:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to smilingsteph

This person I know is a total charmer! Sun in Virgo, Libra rising and Venus in Libra first house. Although a charmer, talk about a totally lazy guy!!! Pays a maid to take care of his house, fires her if he finds a piece of dust. Makes the girl get the takeout, makes her pay, then complains that the order was not right...nitpicks about your looks, your car, your wardrobe and so on!
I guess that is what you get with a virgo and libra mix!
A nitpicking charmer!!!!
Unread 10-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Squapius

I think there will never be a general for attractiveness, but this is a health issue.
Health is naturally attractive. Search the 6th house.
Unread 10-09-2008, 09:05 PM

This is an interesting conversation.

I was thinking of setting up a rival thread entitled:

What in someone's chart would make them generally unattractive?

Just as a comparison. And I thought it would be a lot harder. For you people.

What is unattractive in someone, might be their looks.

But for me it is personality, 9 out of 10 times.

I find that what most men find attractive in a woman... your pin-up beach babe is fairly bland, empty, and meaningless. Personality wise at least, and the points that I give her for looks are pretty much counterbalanced back to equilibrium by her vanity and pride....

Vanity and Pride make an "attractive" person, unattractive in my head.

Here is my list:

(Having Mars in Virgo and Venus in Libra both in house 1, I am entitled to have a criteria of Attractivity.)

Attractive Physically: 5
Intelligence: 3
Charisma: 3
Kindness: 3
Smile: 3
Eyes: 3
Legs: nice

Total: Out of Hotness.

OK, right, so that I am keeping with the Astrology she has Jupiter in Pisces, Sagittarius Sun, Venus in Capricorn Square Pluto (and my Venus, her Sun conjunct my Naptune and Trine my Moon.)

I am in love with this woman: Pretty much: Kari off Mythbusters. She's intelligent, happy, sexy, sassy, she has the charisma, the looks, she has everything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KariByronDemotivationalPoster2.jpg (71.4 KB, 50 views)
Unread 10-26-2008, 02:29 AM

Talking Re: What in someone's chart would make them generally attractive

In my experience
Virgos are very handsome and beautiful...
Scorpios are sex gods..
Geminis are sex kittens...
and Cancers are just so cute!!
Unread 10-26-2008, 07:09 AM

GemSagRising - just a polite request and I'm not a moderator - would it be possible for you to remove your chart from your signature? It's taking up a lot of space on threads, especially when you post multiple times. It's also not really necessary.
Unread 10-26-2008, 07:26 AM

GSR - you could probably make the chart into a clickable thumbnail that links to the full-sized chart if you wanted to keep it in your signature.

Does it make sense that Saturn in good aspect to the Ascendant or Capricorny Venus influence in the chart would give an individual beautiful bone structure? Maybe a refined appearance?
Unread 10-26-2008, 07:35 AM

Apparently, given my harem of men right now, the classical Mars trine Venus and Jupiter trine Venus are attractive. I'm talking here about personality though, not physical beauty.

I think the Moon-Neptune opposition in the 1st and 7th houses, especially if they are connected with Saturn are attractive for some strange bizarre reason. Marilyn Monroe has this with Saturn in a T-square (she also has the Venus-Jupiter sextile). Audrey Hepburn has it with Saturn in easy aspect.

Of course there is self-interest here as I have the aspect too (Moon 1st house, Neptune 7th and Saturn 5th). I suspect it is the dissolving of emotional barriers in the houses of self and relationships combined with Saturn acting as a retardant for the emotions so the person retains a child-like innocence.

EDIT: Two other famous women whose beauty drove men mad where Anne Boleyn who drove Henry VII to break with the Catholic Church and Mittie Bulloch (mother of Teddy Roosevelt and the person Scarlett O'Hara is based on). Neither were considered beautiful in the physical sense but both were described as having such personality and charisma that men fell for them anyway. They both had Venus-Jupiter aspects.

Last edited by Yoi; 10-26-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Unread 10-26-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna Jupiter
I want that Venus/Mars Trine Jupiter aspect next life to.

/JJ

Mittie and Anne Boleyn didn't have the Venus-Jupiter trine. Mittie had the conjunction and Anne Boleyn had the opposition. And neither had Mars aspecting Venus or Jupiter.
Unread 11-25-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clandestinehorrors
i'm a pisces rising and i have venus in the first house, which adds to the overall effect...
you have the exact same skin as the girl I love....shes hispanic(I don't know if she is mixed or not with white...but has black hair like yours she is a pisces rising with venus in scorpio closley trining the ascendant and jupiter in pisces in the first
Unread 02-06-2009, 04:43 PM

i think all aspects of venus with uranus,neptune,pluto are a indication of attractiveness uranus(magnetism), neptune(illusion),pluto(mysterious,darkness) and if asc is involved it will be much stronger.
Unread 02-06-2009, 05:49 PM

To this moment, I've never gotten a date. Even though my mom would keep on talking to me about how pretty my Hazel-Green Eyes looked.(Seeing as Green is the gemstone color of a Pisces. No wonder I'm a Pisces Sun)

It is generally said that Saturn in the 7th indicates that it would take quite the bit before I am to get intimidate with others. So I guess that explains my god awful luck.

I have the Saturn-Moon aspect. I believe it's a sextile. So I believe Saturn(Structure) supports Moon(Feelings). Hey, it's an Aries moon . I hope that scores some girl points.

Moon-Sextile Mars as well, seeing as Mars is the ruler of the Aries MH and that I have an Aries Moon. Some under-rated Aries energy .

Sun Sextile Uranus and Neptune. So I guess there may be some truth to the beauty. But beauty does not equal popularity.
Attached Images
File Type: gif My Chart.gif (26.6 KB, 27 views)

Everything is decided within our own hands. When we come together as one, then it can be said we are truly humane
Unread 02-08-2009, 06:14 AM

[quote=Kingsley]Usually a Venus ruled ascendant with Venus trine the ascendant will show great beauty. Usually that would mean the asc ruler in the 5th house trine asc (a dexter aspect). I have also seen beauty in this configuration no matter what the ruler of ascendant is.

your right about this config.....brad pitt is a sag sun sag rising with jupiter in the 5th in aries trine the sun and ascedant.....

I have a question about this...I am a libra rising with pluto in the first(just....barely the strongest planet in my chart before venus.....I mean they are pretty much equals) venus is in taurus at the end of the 7th house its intreprted in the 8th but I include both 7 and 8.......its conjunct the moon, vertex and north node....trine neptune sextile mercury and mars..square jupiter opposite pluto in the first(In scorpio, trine the sun,mercury,mars sextile neptune ooposed the moon) it is quincunx the ascendant by 3 degrees......my question is that still a good aspect for beauty that it quincunx's the ascendant...................how would you intrepret my chart for attractivness
Unread 03-03-2009, 06:37 AM

what would a venus square ascendant do? make the person less attractive? make the person believe that they're not attractive?
Unread 03-03-2009, 04:37 PM

I have Asc opposition Venus. Very strong actually. I been told im attractive so I dont find the square and opposition to Asc case true. But my Venus is in the 7th house and in Pisces. So its very well aspected. Recieves sextile to Saturn. My Jupiter is in the 10th house in Cancer. So it is well aspected. Jupiter has 2 oppositions to Uranus and Neptune. My Ascendant is Virgo.
So Asc Ruler is Mercury in Taurus which is in the 8th house, conjuct Sun.

I generally dont believe that there are fixed positions that decide if a person is attractive.

I personally have noticed many celeberties to have Cancer Ascendants. This includes people such as Angelina Jolie, David Beckham, Rihanna, and many more.
Unread 03-07-2009, 09:08 AM

Hello Redwolf

I have no idea, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some Scottish guys are ugly however they seem to have very attractive qualities about them too. They are handsome in unique ways.

If you use the ascendant and physical properties to rectify charts, some astrological bodies will fail you in exams. I cant really say Redwolf if you are attractive or not? Sometimes planets on the ascendant will add special qualities - such as Neptune. Glamorous and mysterious appeal perhaps.

Mars on the ascendant will give a man a more of a masculine look to others - stronger jaw line and expresses his leasership qualities which may be attractive to some. Mars in asc guy may not feel that he is alpha male but that is how other see him which then creates all sorts of misunderstandings.

So the planets in the ascendant have a greater expression in ones personality and that may be attractive to others. Whether the planet in the asc is representive of physical characteristics is debateable. Attractiveness has much to do with persona and familiarity - transference and what others prefer. Sorry if this post is disjointed - I am quite tired

kingsely

[deleted swear - Moderator]

Last edited by wilsontc; 03-09-2009 at 05:59 PM.
Unread 03-09-2009, 05:18 AM
4leafclovah

I am told by people that I am attractive, but I don't think its just looks but the energy I put out. My sun is Pisces/8th house and Leo asc.. I get so sick of men telling me that I am "intriguing'-it's so annoying because i don't make a conscious effort to do so. I am what I am. I am also very independent and I guess a lot of men prefer a girl they have to work on a bit- not that I really care one way or another.
Unread 03-10-2009, 06:42 PM

If someone has relevent aspects like mars-venus trine. There is a higher chance someone else will have a positive aspect to both planets.
I guess this is 1 reason some people are considered more attractive.
Unread 03-11-2009, 02:33 AM

I cant answer that since im not so shallow,,im attracted by a twisted mind thats hard to get.
Unread 03-11-2009, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley

Mars on the ascendant will give a man a more of a masculine look to others - stronger jaw line and expresses his leasership qualities which may be attractive to some. Mars in asc guy may not feel that he is alpha male but that is how other see him which then creates all sorts of misunderstandings.

[deleted swear - Moderator]
Oh man, I have this aspect! (and I’m a girl) When I was a lot younger (well actually, upto the age of 14….some people used to tease me a lot about looking like a boy, my really short hair really didn’t help either, you know?)

i have a very prominent jaw (of which I am obviously not a fan of) and my figure is not feminine at all….flat chest, no hips. Oh, and I looks a lot like my dad and nothing like my mum.

I do however have some of the aspects that have been mentioned in this thread:

Sun Conj. Venus
Sun Conj. Mars
Venus Sextile Pluto
Mars Trine Jupiter
Mars Trine Neptune

Oh and, both Venus,Mars and Sun is in Virgo for me (9th HS), my Moon(11HS) and Asc. is both in Scopio

I find that people never approach me for a date....as well so I can relate to what confusedpisces had said

BUT I do get told that I am beautiful by total strangers when I am on holiday, abroad!? (sometimes these complements occure where i live, but not as offten) My friends don’t complement my looks nor does my family.
i’ve been bullied severely though out my life (but that been very on and off) but never for my looks (but just about everything else in the book), in high school a few of my friends got picked on for being “ugly”

Last edited by barthelemy; 03-11-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Unread 03-11-2009, 11:50 PM

Okay, a few people in this forum bring up how 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder' or 'I like personality not looks' and etc. But we are talking about just looks, beautiful people, people considered physically attractive by most people, for example Leonardo Dicaprio, without even knowing this persons personality, we can all say hes unbelievably striking (especially in his younger days), everyone knows it. Since it is just about plain looks, shouldn't we look at Sun and Ascendant? Venus and Mars are about attracting and flirting, a trine would just give a more smooth charming complimenting attitude towards love, and a square can make a person come off a bit too strong and maybe awkward (bad flirting skills)?
Unread 03-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley
Usually a Venus ruled ascendant with Venus trine the ascendant will show great beauty. Usually that would mean the asc ruler in the 5th house trine asc (a dexter aspect).
i find that mars is most attractive. in a similar way to what you have said here, Pam Anderson's chart has AC trine a 5th house mars. and just look how tight the orb is - 01'

Pam also has an extremely strong lilith placement. Pam's lilith the the action point of a boomerang configuration. opposing mars and quincunxing uranus/pluto and neptune. a truly stunning chart.

[deleted sexually explicit comment and picture - Moderator]

mars or lilith or both?

Last edited by wilsontc; 03-13-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Unread 03-13-2009, 06:05 AM

Fun reading thru this thread. Usually physically attractive people have emphasis on Taurus and Virgo whether it's planets in those signs or planets in those houses.
Venus/Mars conjunction or trine doesnt add physical attractiveness, just charm (said by a Venus trine Mars girl)
Unread 03-13-2009, 11:59 PM

pretty hard to find out the formula for attractiveness..
i dont know about taurus's being attractive, I know a guy with a taurus ascendant venus in the 7th, not too attractive, also short. And myself with Sun, mercury, jupiter in taurus house 2nd, im not the best looking girl. Usually Libra ascedants are very pretty, for example my friend has Libra sun, Libra rising and Venus in Virgo (wow what a combination) she is VERY pretty, except she doesnt think so.. Venus in her 12th. Someone else I know who is also unusually attractive, i say unusual because her facial features aren't in balanced, But she is Sun Libra, Venus in Virgo ascendant, she looks REALLY healthy, she just glows. hmm.. I say a good emphasis on Libra and Virgo could be it. I have seen a lot of people with Venus on the ascedent to be attractive but there are attractive peoplel with no sign of Venus. One chart confuses me though, he has Venus on his ascedent and Libra Mideheaven, hes not good looking at all.
Unread 03-16-2009, 05:49 AM

This is an interesting thread, and I'm glad people are very candid about saying that this is about physical looks and aren't soft-peddling it.

Although I'm not going to post my brother's chart (for one, it's family; two, I didn't get permission and wouldn't want to intrude on his privacy), he has Libra rising with his Venus in Taurus in the 8th house.

I, on the other hand... well, here's my chart:

Now, I'll be blunt... over the years, I've noticed my brother has gotten more attention, he looked less geeky than me, etc. And this hurt. Still does. In general in life it just seems like things have worked out for him more. And to have it top off for him in looks just hurts all that much more.

All right, enough of the poor me drama junk. I've decided to participate in this thread because people are being blunt about talking about looks, not just "what makes someone attractive to be around". I realize that the title of the thread is about "attractive in general", yet the group seems to want to get down to brass tacks, which is appreciated.

My Venus, although conjunct ascendant and in a 12th house/1st house blend, does square my Neptune, so I'm wondering if that means I won't be aware of my looks, only others will (for good or bad) [beyond the elementary "disillusioned" interpretation]... or, otherwise I don't know what that might mean. I've recently been made aware that Venus conjunct the ascendant adds eroticism to the body. I definitely feel that, but I don't know if that contributes to good looks necessarily. I would like to think so, but am not sure.

Now, I've read that Angelina Jolie has her Venus conjunct Ascendant, but her's is in Cancer, not Pisces like mine. Still, to hear that comparison about Venus and to her gives even a guy hope, lol! Also, I know that George Clooney has Pisces rising, as does Robert Redford.

Sorry, not trying to be sweet on myself, but more like, keep my head above water. I've indicated in other threads that I get jealous of good-looking guys, and that still holds true. I was frankly shocked to read another guy responded right after me felt the same way.

To be honest, in an ideal world, I think it can be more important to compliment women on their beauty, and men on their chivalrous acts, only because I think it becomes a sore subject for women who haven't been appreciated/complimented on their looks (and there are all kinds of good looks, you unsure ladies, so don't despair!).

Point being, I'd like to be considered by people to have those down-and-dirty really desirable good looks than some lofty angelic fairness. I dunno... just a thought.

I've noticed that Brad Pitt had a ton of planets in his first house, with Sagittarius rising. Anybody thinking he's not handsome is on crack, lol!

Anyways, onward and upward!

Tags
attractive, chart, generally, make