Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology > Transits

Transits Transits are the most used predictive astrology technique. This sub-board is dedicated to them.

Unread 08-15-2010, 07:08 AM

Re: Hairy Transits - Can you share your experiences?

The hairiest transits of all are Pluto transits angular to Asc/1st house planets. After that I'd say Uranus' angular transits. Neptune let's you work things out subtlely and test the quality of your thoughts. Uranus will change the dynamic of your relationships and you may find yourself running into more than what you thought you were asking for.

The most important thing to do with major Pluto transits is just survive, drawing on more inside. Look back when its over (5 yrs total) and see what you learned.

Saturn transits by themselves aren't especially 'hairy' unless reinforced by an outer planet, unless transiting Asc/MC. In the book Planets in Transit, Robert Hand mistakenly attributes former Pres Richard Nixon's downfall (Watergate scandal) to Saturn transiting his MC/square his Asc. Actually it was t.Pluto opposite Nixon's correct n.MC that brought him down so to speak. Saturn only challenges us modestly. Pluto can dethrone you. It is a king-maker or killer.

Nixon Asc [19CAN52] - MC [6ARI24].
Pluto [4LIB53] at resignation speech (8 Aug 1974, 21:05 EDT), opposite his Asc, reinforced by a trine from t.Neptune, quincunx from t.Mars, trine from t.Mercury, while t.Saturn [21N15] was Parallel n.Asc [21N58] .

No other astrologer that I know of caught this at the time. Maybe John Willner had already discerned Nixon's correct chart by then. I don't know.

Just shows the importance of working with a correct chart.

See my posts on Asc signs, etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kannon For This Useful Post:
northernstar (11-06-2019)
Unread 08-15-2010, 07:55 AM

hi, "Here's my personal take on why so many of us are having these mega transits lets call them. I feel that many of us are cramming as much karma/clearing/healing/integration/transformation as we can stand and NOT go mad in the process before 2012 arrives. Most everyone thinks that the 'big stuff' is coming with 2012 when actually its happening between now and then."I agree. Having just been going through a Pluto-Saturn-Uranus T-square transit to my natal sun. very well said! Dr. Christine Page, an astrologer, has some great views on 2012. (she wrote 2010 and The Return of the Great Mother), in which she validates exactly what you said. What an exciting time! peace Cataluna (sorry, don't know how to add part of your quote as part of the reply)

Last edited by cataluna; 08-15-2010 at 08:02 AM.
Unread 08-15-2010, 01:44 PM

cataluna, I have a sneaking suspicion this is awful close to the truth. Except maybe the "and NOT go mad" part.
I keep trying to figure out what was going on to set this lifetime up with this inevitability in a chart:

current transits : Pluto conjunct (Natal)MC and SUn
Pluto opposed lilith and Jupiter
Pluto Trine Chiron and Saturn
Neptune and Chiron Trine Jupiter and Lillith
Neptune and Chiron opposed Saturn
Neptune and Chiron Sextile MC and Sun
Jupiter and Uranus square MC and Sun
Jupiter and Uranus square Jupiter
Jupiter and Uranus Quincux Saturn
Saturn Square Sun/Mc
Mercury Square Moon
Mars and Venus Conjunct N.Node
Sun Trine Mercury and Venus (both natally conjunct Sun&MC)

Now if anyone can give me an idea of what to do with such types of celestial scenarios, that might be useful. Other than not NOT go mad.

Talk about cramming.

"quick, look busy, Jesus is coming!
Unread 08-24-2010, 01:38 AM

Ok . . . . this is what one of my friends calls "Funny/not funny!"

I'm looking at (transit to natal): Pluto conjunct Sun and MC; Jupiter and Saturn square Sun and MC; Mars and venus conjunct Pluto and Northnode, trine Moon (which one might think was nice . . . ); Sun conjunct saturn; Ixion and Pholu conjunct Neptune and Ceres; Vesta and Saturn conjunct Vertex; and Neptune and Chiron sextile Chiron and Mercury, Venus, and Juno; and Nessus conjunct Eros (which, I kid you not, the internet says is "abuse cycles, betrayal, infidelity" conjunct "romantic love, sexuality, erotic nature"-- now that's hilarious in the funny/not funny kinda way!) Lovely.

Here's the charttransit.jpg

So the other day I said (stupidly) "well all 'they' can take from me now is music and my dog." My left hand stopped working and so did the dog's hind legs. When I was in the vet's looking at xrays of advanced spine deterioration my ex left a note on the front seat of my car. That's all I have to say about that right now. Funny/not funny!!

I'm currently considering the price differential between what looks like indefinite medical treatments and the price of two 44 mag bullets. I already paid for those. Now someone remind me why exactly would any of us try to clean up this much karma this fast?
Unread 08-24-2010, 02:18 AM

Ah pluto on your sun.....I have posted on this thread before and shared my experience.

I can relate to coming back to nothing....I think the Budhists call it no self. I reckon it is a short cut to removing layers and layers of fear held in the body. Looking back the last seven years have been the most productive in my life in some ways. I am definitely happier having left a lot of baggage behind. Though I did promise myself after I felt I had nothing left that I would put only things I loved back in it. Sometimes that is difficult especially on the job front! But I keep remembering it....and now most of my life is full of things I truely love.

As for the Karma bit...... a palmist was mentioning to me that no one has a straightforward hand anymore they are all real complicated. Maybe that is about the change of the ages......sped up karma resolution as a completely new energy is coming in...and to make the most of it we have to leave as much of our old self behind.....as that is to do with the past and not the future.

FleaXX

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...m/322chart.gif
Unread 08-26-2010, 11:15 PM

Hi -

I've had some intense outer planet transits in the past several years... I hoped that I would feel that the weight of the world was lifted from my shoulders when these transits were over - not true! I feel more confused than ever, and, frankly, I feel like I've been completely bullied, defeated; v scared about my survival (v plutonian)... I just want to be a hermit

During this time (starting in 2005) I took a pro-active approach, trying to work with transits to improve myself (career, home, life goals, appearance..).. My Neptunian health problems (**** endocrine system - hypothyroid, migraines) & subsequent money, employment problems have left me feeling completely crushed...

I went to an astrologer once who told me that you work w Pluto by "surrendering"; I tried to work w the transformative aspect of Pluto, but I keep remembering the advice of the astrologer, and think she was right.... BUT - how do you surrender w/o complete defeat/annihilation? The money/survival part is the scariest part!

Saturn in 5H was heartbreak; at 45 - and still single - I realize I will likely never marry..

Saturn in 6H scares me - don't need any more work & health problems! trying to work WITH Saturn via discipline, good daily habits... fingers crossed..

Uranus in 11H was office politics; the trine to venus brought some much-needed $$ help ... I feel in love, but was rejected

Bottom line: I have absolutely no idea where I belong in the world anymore & I don't see how I will ever recover from the financial devastation from the past 5 years..

btw - I feel I would be going through this even if it weren't for the awful economy.. In fact, my personal crisis coinciding w the recession may be a blessing in disguise; I can collect unemployment while I get better physically and learn new job skills to go in a new direction...Don't know if I'll EVER get out of debt, though, OR be able to retire...
that's my "hairy transit" story!

Finishing several Pluto Transits 8H:
Square Mars [2005-06]
Opposite Sun [2006-07]
Opposite Mercury [2008-10]

Finished Uranus Transits 11H:
Opposing Uranus, Pluto; Trine Venus [2006]
Conjunct Saturn; Trine Neptune [2007]
Opposing Mars [2009]

Finishing several Neptune Transits 10H:
will leave my 10H for good in 2012 -
Trine Sun [2009-10]
Square ASC [2009-10]

Finished Saturn transits 5H:
Square Mercury; Trine Moon/MC [2009-10]
Square Sun; Conjunct Mars [2009]
Conjunct Uranus, Pluto, Pr Venus; Opposite Natal Placement [2008]

Natal w current progs & transits
http://s683.photobucket.com/albums/v...nsitsprogs.gif
Unread 08-26-2010, 11:32 PM

Wow, well that's not exactly encouraging. And a pretty good description of where I feel like I'm headed. Excepting the money/survival part. I've never really been able to equate paper notes signifying debt with survival or even real value, much less ones and zeroes, so losing most or all of my ability to buy and sell is more of a minor annoyance comparatively. Probably something to do with Neptune in house7 and like half the chart in house 8. (Natally, not transits) Or maybe an effect of growing up close to the natural world and therefore finding it obvious that food grows up out of the soil or falls at my feet when I put a bullet through it or catch it on a hook or in a net.

My survival issues largely consist of fighting the urge to lay down and die or concede that I've lost my mind and check myself in for an indefinite institutionalized sabbatical . . .and/or the reoccouring thought that suicide must be easier than this. So maybe surrender isn't my best option at the moment . . . besides it's not in my nature or genetic predilictions . . .

I'm afraid to say that it has to get better at some point . . . feels like asking for a (yet another) shoe to drop (on me).

but I hope it gets better for you, gemastro . . . and never say "never", from my limited experience that's definitely asking for it!
Unread 08-27-2010, 12:18 AM

Pluto is passing through my 8H - which explains the money/survival issues that have come up for me...

I tried to work w the positive - ie, transformative - aspects of Pluto; maybe I will see that this really did work once I'm through the whole Pluto period?? I don't regret trying this route; doing nothing is not an option for me.. I'm not completely through with this - and Neptune in 10H is awful; and Saturn in the 6H concerns me..... I still have hope that things will be better...

What area of your chart is Pluto passing through?
Unread 08-27-2010, 12:25 AM

If you scroll up a couple posts you'll see I left a clickable. I's equal house, the house scenario changes dramatically if you use another system, however. In equal it's 8 in placidus it's like 9, 10, and just about 11 . . .
Unread 08-27-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Saturn in 5H was heartbreak; at 45 - and still single - I realize I will likely never marry..
Yep ... I had heartbreak twice while Saturn was in the 5th ... not sure what lesson I was supposed to learn from that ... I've come to the conclusion that I will likely stay single from here on ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemastro View Post
I've had some intense outer planet transits in the past several years... I hoped that I would feel that the weight of the world was lifted from my shoulders when these transits were over - not true! I feel more confused than ever, and, frankly, I feel like I've been completely bullied, defeated; v scared about my survival (v plutonian)... I just want to be a hermit
I think Neptune&Chiron may be the reason you are still struggling.I have them opposite my Leo planets, square my Jupiter. You have it square your Asc/Desc. I have that same feeling of confusion and not knowing where I am headed in life and just wanting to be a hermit.

They have one more shot at my Leo planets and your asc/desc in November and then they are gone for the rest of our lives (well ... Chiron might be back if you live to 95!).

You also have Uranus/Jupiter having a sextile/trine at your asc/desc. It probably won't be a bad thing just don't make any longterm decisions until the transits are over.

The other thing to recognise is that everybody seems to be struggling a bit in life at the moment. There is a general feeling of difficulty out there. It's harder to be positive when the overall climate isn't.

Good luck! It will pass ...
Unread 08-27-2010, 09:39 PM

Dear Inside Out Orange,

thanks for sharing your experience, and for the kind words.

Did you feel a tremendous relief when Pluto exited your 8H? I SO have my fingers for that day :-)

gemastro
Unread 08-27-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemastro View Post
Dear Inside Out Orange,

thanks for sharing your experience, and for the kind words.

Did you feel a tremendous relief when Pluto exited your 8H? I SO have my fingers for that day :-)

gemastro
Not so much relief ... but when I looked back at the period that it was in my 8th (which was essentially while it was in Sag 1996-2008); I did look at things quite darkly and cynically. I did try to analyse everything and everyone. I guess that became the background of life and you just come to accept it as the way you are. It's only as it changed that I suddenly felt everything became lighter and realised what I'd been experiencing.

I was lucky because Pluto trine my Leo stellium and then my early Taurus ascendent for the last few years it was in my 8th so those weren't particularly difficult transits. But it did coincide with Saturn moving into the 5th and I had such heartbreak when I met, fell in love with and then got reject by someone.
Unread 08-27-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside Out Orange View Post
I did look at things quite darkly and cynically. I did try to analyse everything and everyone. I guess that became the background of life and you just come to accept it as the way you are. It's only as it changed that I suddenly felt everything became lighter and realised what I'd been experiencing.
wow...again, that really resonates... AND makes me feel better.. I analyze everything & everyone's motives. My mind is ALWAYS going and I put so much effort into trying to shut it off. I think that I'm like that to begin with, but it's really emphasized right now.. WAY too much for my comfort. It's also Pluto opposite Mercury - which is coming to an end, thankfully!

Thanks again for sharing.
Unread 12-07-2010, 01:22 PM

Saturn is squaring my venus and breaking my heart again. I hate you Saturn sorry just venting a little. It stinks.

Unread 12-20-2010, 03:12 AM

has anyone experienced Saturn conjuct Pluto before? if so, what were your experiences?....this does not sound like a fun transit.
Unread 12-20-2010, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrology02 View Post
has anyone experienced Saturn conjuct Pluto before? if so, what were your experiences?....this does not sound like a fun transit.
It's generational so you'll be going through it with your peer group. Have a look deeper down the Transits forum board because I'm pretty certain I asked this same question earlier this year.
Unread 12-20-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrology02 View Post
has anyone experienced Saturn conjuct Pluto before? if so, what were your experiences?.
Yes, in 2007. My mother died and I hit one of the worst lows of my life. You're right , it's no fun at all.
Unread 01-18-2011, 08:00 AM

Hi,
Astrology works but it is also related with our tasks.
Spiritual Blog Meditation downloads
Unread 02-12-2011, 10:51 PM

I'm experiencing a Neptune conjunct ASC as well. Pointers??

The funny thing was when it first started, I was reading about another teenager who committed suicide because of bullying, and I felt...like I was responsible, though it took place on the other side of the country. I just felt like there was something I could do, even by myself. Beautify the world in some way. Right before it started though, I started feeling out-of-touch with reality, like I was sleepwalking and I couldn't focus on anything, which was an issue as I was going through a nursing assistant program which got me into a little bit of trouble. I was much more super-sensitive to my environment that usual, and it was making my mind all fuzzy. Then, when it just so happened that the teacher (a RN) told me I wouldn't be any good for this profession, I hit depression and really just felt like my purpose was lost. I was an Aquarius with a crushed heart of wanting to help people. I actually believed her for a little while, and I broke down into tears in front of the program director when she told me that she sees too much potential in me for me to just give up (who funny enough was an Aquarius too). She DID teach my classroom portion of the nursing assistant training class, told me that I would make an awesome pediatric nurse one day and transferred me into a different class.

When I went into the next class, I was so happy and balanced and recharged. I guess hitting meltdown point got me to fight for what I truly wanted and loved. I have belief that Neptune dissipated my lack of seriousness in the beginning about it and made me look at myself.

Here's an issue at this current point with my big transits:

Saturn trans. 7th House, gonna be hitting my 8th house in October for the first time in my entire life (natal 10th house Saturn in Sag anaretic degree). THEN, comes this Jupiter AND Uranus conjunct Venus I'm going through, Pluto trans my 11th and now Neptune is conjuncting my ASC.

I really have no idea how this all parallels. To my understanding Saturn is maturing me about relationships with other people, then Neptune on the opposite spectrum is doing something more personally. THEN Jupiter and Uranus are wanting to bring me new relationships from out of the blue, all the while Pluto is driving me to form more fulfilling friendships and relationships and group dynamics....

It's crazy.
Unread 03-30-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblack View Post
I think the weak point of my chart is Sagittarius in the second and therefore any planet that goes through this sign/house.

In 1998 I started a three year degree course. In september of that year when the course began pluto was at five degrees of sag. Quite literally I had walked into a **** storm. I was insulted left right and centre. No matter what I did it was always viewed by others as aggressive. Stories were passed around and embellished just to prove the point. I spoke to few people as few people would speak to me. as one wit put it "guilt by association". It was not just the university It was the whole town and area. I would walk into shops and it would be "just when you thought it could not get any worse" or "I should I know what he wants this for he probably want to clean his teeth with it". People would openly talk about me and openly insult me. It was particularly intense and particularly damaging.

I still live in the same place. I have not been able to escape. Its like I am doing time until I have payed my debt to society. Having said this it is not any where near as bad now. Lessons have been learned on both sides. They know that if they have a go at me I will have a go at them back. They don't like that. And I have learned to keep a low profile, so they can resist temptation.

But you can see from my chart that in many ways it is about attack and counter attack, and at the time this was being intensely activated by pluto t-squaring my big opposition that included natal pluto.

All the best
Interesting. How did things go in 2001-02 when Saturn energised the opposition from Gemini?

It's interesting that you also have BMlilith at 5Sag ... I don't know too much about that asteroid ... but it might be worth a bit of research? Pluto was still a few months off making contact with some of your planets ... although it did contact mars very soon after you started university.

On reading your story, my initial feeling was that it could be classed as bullying and victimisation. I looked to see if Neptune's entry into Aquarius could have cause anything but there's no aspects. But then I noticed you have natal Neptune on the ascendent as well as Pisces Sun and other planets. I say the following with respect as an observation than an accusation, but in my experience the laidback and passive behaviour of neppy/pisces types often contributes to them becoming an easy target and one whom it can become a case of baiting to try and get a reaction. That's not to say it's acceptable but is how life works out. It seems that by learning to have a go back, you have essentially stemmed this problem by learning to stand up for yourself and say your piece. Dare I suggest that the next step in your growth is learning to move your responses from aggressive to assertive.

Nonetheless a difficult experience that I don't think would be nice for anyone. Particularly if they had moved to a new town and had few friends there.
Unread 05-17-2011, 08:03 PM

Question Re: Hairy Transits - Can you share your experiences?

I'd appreciate it if anyone who's been through the midlife Saturn opposite Saturn transit would be willing to share their insights and experiences. According to Astro.com, I will be starting mine this September...and as if that weren't enough, my natal Saturn is the point planet of one of the natal yods in my chart so transiting Saturn will activate that as well. (I suppose I should be grateful for the fact that it won't last more than a couple of years.) Quite frankly, I'm dreading this because I'm already up to my armpits in difficult transits. I'm in the final stages of my Uranus opposite Uranus transit, Pluto is still opposing the stellium of planets I have in the last degrees of Gemini -- Sun, Mercury, Venus, and Mars -- and Uranus is squaring the stellium at the same time. I will be so relieved when all of this is *finally* over and my life starts to settle down a little.

Unread 06-05-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiGrrl View Post
I'd appreciate it if anyone who's been through the midlife Saturn opposite Saturn transit would be willing to share their insights and experiences. According to Astro.com, I will be starting mine this September...and as if that weren't enough, my natal Saturn is the point planet of one of the natal yods in my chart so transiting Saturn will activate that as well. (I suppose I should be grateful for the fact that it won't last more than a couple of years.) Quite frankly, I'm dreading this because I'm already up to my armpits in difficult transits. I'm in the final stages of my Uranus opposite Uranus transit, Pluto is still opposing the stellium of planets I have in the last degrees of Gemini -- Sun, Mercury, Venus, and Mars -- and Uranus is squaring the stellium at the same time. I will be so relieved when all of this is *finally* over and my life starts to settle down a little.

There is a good book by Barbara Hand Clow that, in part, explores Saturn transits. It's called Liquid Light of Sex. I found it to be not only an enjoyable read, but also highly intriguing. Her discussion of Saturn and Uranus transits on life experiences hit home for me.

Hand Clow says of the second opposition, "the maturation process after the second Saturn Opposition is very profound because we re-experience all of the opposite polarities, just as we did when Saturn transited opposite houses that it journeyed through from birth to age 14," (56).

Basically, the first opposition exposes one to "opposite" experiences, necessary for growth. She writes on p. 57 that the polarity paradox (Saturn opp Saturn) is about "both/and" issues rather than "either/or" (think of the saying, "different sides to the same coin). However, the first paradox usually "magnifies the polarity," as it's Saturn's first time opposing itself. The second opposition still carries the general theme, but this time, the individual has the hindsight and accumulated knowledge to realize that the opposition issues are "both/and" instead of "either/or." Can you get a sense of what this polarity is for you?

I have only lived through one Saturn opposite Saturn transit thus far. Natally, Saturn is in Sagittarius in my 3rd, conjunct Mars and opposite Chiron. When Saturn opposed itself, I found myself nearly obsessed with 9th house issues. A whole new world opened up to me... one which included philosophy, spirituality, astrology, numerology, and psychic development. A large part of my life experience in the time following the opposition was saturated with spirituality, and more specifically communing with spirit. I also had seemingly karmic relationships with Gemini Sun fellows (trans Saturn in Gemini) who, by knowing and conversing with them, really challenged me to grow. This was A LOT different from life previous to the opposition, which I all but abandoned (magnifying the polarity).

I imagine that as I start to close in on my second opposition, I will have hopefully begun to live by the knowledge that mundane and spiritual realms can be integrated- I can't live everyday life without spirituality, however, I can't embrace spirituality to the exclusion of reality. The "exclusion of reality" has been a central issue throughout the last 11-12 years of my life.

Cheers!
*JupiterEyed
Unread 07-21-2011, 01:18 AM

I'm experiencing Saturn transit Pluto now and it is confusing and feels bad. I normally don't feel unmotivated, but I do now. It's like anything I do doesn't work out. I have been very successful to date and a leader in my field, which I love...but, really feel like I'm falling and that people I thought were friends really are trying to manipulate me. Saturn transits my ascendant next. I have an escape route and hope it works out...

Feel like nothing is what it seems at first, and I am seeing people for who they really are, myself included. At the same time, I also feel internally pretty calm and am happier than I have been in years. Just scared about losing what I've worked so hard for....and I've worked so hard that now I'm too tired to really buckle down and give 150% anymore. More like 100%, which doesn't feel like enough.

Last edited by librarising1976; 07-21-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Unread 07-29-2011, 11:24 PM

I'm now emerging from my Pluto-AC transit (AC 2.50 Cap, 5 hits). A hairy transit indeed. It has taken me almost five stressful and action-packed years to get a single lesson - that of self-acceptance
Unread 03-06-2012, 03:54 AM

Unhappy Re: Hairy Transits - Can you share your experiences?

When pluto transited my 8th house, multiple significant people in my life all died. Life was truly rough. My oldest son (who symbolically has been pluto in the flesh for me) and has moon conjunct pluto in his 8th house was very difficult to deal with.
As pluto exited my 8th house, our family lab died.

Tags
experiences, hairy, share, transits