Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology

Horary Astrology Ask and answer any horary questions, and discuss theory and technique. Please post a chart of the time, date, and place you asked the question. Please do not ask the same question repeatedly, hoping for a different result: horary works best when you ask the question ONCE and then interpret the chart that results from when the question FIRST came into your mind. Horary forums are ONLY for discussion of horary charts and techniques.

Unread 08-13-2011, 11:25 PM

Will the changes we've made be enough?

Last time I post this kind of question. I posted a while back an horary an election question about the day we opened our business and the news was rather dire. We've had changes since then, rebirthed the company in a way, and things did improve somewhat. The problem became growing fast enough to overcome the overhead. Since then we've employed some hocus pocus, redirected our marketing efforts, and undergone an internal overhaul which changes the game for us in this market, essentially shooting for volume and repeat clientele as opposed to a membership plan being basically the backbone of the stability of the business. This makes things a lot more flexible for us and our clients, and so far the reception has been pretty good. With the hocus pocus, our marketing efforts have paid off drastically more than they have in the past, people react to everything we put out.

Things look good, and although this particular week we're still handling the fallout from the past few weeks, I am more optimistic to see the change. However, we have a lot of catching up to do now, and we've only had the changes in place for the past week.

Whether we'll be successful or not at this point depends on whether we can survive long enough to get there. The question is, Will these changes be enough for us to survive that long?

Chart: horary_8132011.jpg

I'm not entirely sure how to look at this chart. I think it's a 2nd house question, so both the significator and the quesited are saturn, correct? Or does it work that way? When these two things are the same, I'm not sure what it means. Saturn in the 9th house is cadent, and the moon is separating trine from it in the 2nd house. At 9 degrees, it might actually be a wide orb for horary, not sure. Moon also in separating trine from MC.

Saturn exalted, in triplicity and face makes it very well dignified.... but again, I don't know how to tell if that puts me in a strong position, or the quesited.

Saturn disposits to venus, which is currently combust but is minutes from cazimi under the sun in leo - does this suggest that things will possibly get harder before they get better? Being in 8th house is scary, and between sun/venus puts me in mind of tax troubles. We weren't able to pay last quarter's taxes and they tell us that we'll have to pay penalties but we're not looking at jail time or anything serious. The moon opposing sun/venus gives me a bad feeling as well but is separating, making me think that having called to have this conversation might be what is possibly pointed to there.

So my interpretation looking at it makes me think that maybe we're in for a struggle before things change. The next aspect the moon will make will be combust mercury in the 8th, and I'm not sure how to read that either.

Am I entirely in left field?

peace

Unread 08-14-2011, 12:01 AM

Re: Will the changes we've made be enough?

Also possibly of interest, I haven't intepreted horary at all using parts or lots, but there are some aspects to some possibly pertinent parts here... I use a 1* orb

The moon in particular is squared to the part of Trickery and Aggression at 22*taurus49 (asc. + Mars - Moon) as well as the part of Organization 22*taurus22 (Asc. + Pluto - Sun, traditionalists ignore). It opposes the part of Wastefulness at 22*Leo01, and the part of Popularity/Influence at 22Leo55. But of these, only the part of Trickery and Aggression involves the moon in the formula. It's applying opposition with 1 degree also to the part of Kings and Royalty, which also involves the moon and mars, but I can't see that it's necessarily relevant even if the parts could be interpreted in this way.

Saturn is applying semi-square to the part of Faithfulness and dedication (a venus/saturn formula) in scorpio, and separating 1 minute semi square the part of Hidden Changes also in scorpio. It squares the part of commerce and communication in Capricorn, and Trines the part of Sudden Luck in Aquarius.

Don't know if this is relevent at all, but it most looks dire... I'm still fuzzy on reading aspects in horary, whether hard aspects are always negative, and easy aspects always positive, etc. And of course parts and lots, I've never seen them read here, (shrug) I just had access to them.

peace

Ew, also looks like saturn is conjunct Algorab, quoted from http://www.astrologycom.com/fixedstars.html#Libra
Quote:
Scavenging, destructiveness, repulsiveness, malevolence, fiendishness and lying, suicide, greed, injuries.
It's related to the natures of Mars and Saturn.

Acendent falls on Facies, from the same website:
Quote:
Blindness, violent death, sickness, accidents; leadership, war, coldness, detachment, perfectionism; earthquakes; pure combative energies; risk-taking, glamour; seeks fulfilment through charitable works
Do these things matter on horary?

Last edited by Mahasvapna; 08-14-2011 at 12:16 AM.
Unread 08-20-2011, 07:18 AM

[QUOTE=Mahasvapna;306878]
Whether we'll be successful or not at this point depends on whether we can survive long enough to get there. The question is, Will these changes be enough for us to survive that long?

I'm not entirely sure how to look at this chart. I think it's a 2nd house question, so both the significator and the quesited are saturn, correct?

I always take 10 ruler to signify 'the business' in these types of questions. However, you're right to look at 2 ruler as well. Part of Fortune is also relevant.

Here, I would take Mars as 10 ruler & look at his condition, dignity wise - which includes house placement. He is angular in the 7th of other people and, very happily, conjunct Fortuna within only 3 degrees - good position/condition for a business to be in esp since you mentioned other people in your background comments.

Saturn in the 9th house is cadent, and the moon is separating trine from it in the 2nd house. At 9 degrees, it might actually be a wide orb for horary, not sure. Yes, it is a bit and describes you moving away from your money in the past, not the future.

Moon also in separating trine from MC. No - Moon is applying by trine to the MC which is at 27 (late) degrees Libra, meaning the action is coming towards the business. Moon in the 2nd House shows you thinking about your finances - reasonable in the circumstances of this question.

Saturn exalted, in triplicity and face makes it very well dignified.... but again, I don't know how to tell if that puts me in a strong position, or the quesited.
Yes, Saturn is strong, being exalted in Libra and in his own triplicity and face and means you and your finances are strong. The question is what's going to happen to Saturn? and, importantly, what's going to happen to Mars, 10 ruler, the business? Saturn goes Rx in Feb 2012 and so does not move into the next sign of Scorpio until Oct 2012 and when Saturn is in the late degrees of Libra, he will be in the Terms of Mars anyway - which is helpful. So, that seems to be saying that all will be well for this and next year.

Saturn disposits to venus, which is currently combust but is minutes from cazimi under the sun in leo - does this suggest that things will possibly get harder before they get better?

Cazimi means the 'heart of the Sun' and is a place where a planet is protected from combustion and has enormous strength. But as soon as the temporary protection of being cazimi is removed, then of course the planet is combust and combustion is most certainly not good ... and suggests in relation to your question that whatever is driving or pushing Saturn may go a bit haywire for a time. Remember, though, Venus will soon move away from combustion and Saturn is strong. This is not a static condition for Venus as Saturn's dispositor. Remember, she is not a main significator, just something to be thought of as 'behind' or 'pushing' Saturn.

Being in 8th house is scary, and between sun/venus puts me in mind of tax troubles. We weren't able to pay last quarter's taxes and they tell us that we'll have to pay penalties but we're not looking at jail time or anything serious. The moon opposing sun/venus gives me a bad feeling as well but is separating, making me think that having called to have this conversation might be what is possibly pointed to there.
Yes, the 8th always means 'loss' of some kind ... but the things I don't like here are Pluto on the ASC and Neptune in the 2nd - whenever these outer planets are on an angle, they seem to cause some sort of trouble - and since Pluto means 'something coming to light' - in 3 degrees - this could be the tax news - outside your control. Keep focused on your business and keep going tho, because sometimes a Pluto on the ASC is not as bad as it could be and sometimes it rarely even shows its face! ... Neptune can indicate worry and confusion and this, I would say, describes you at the moment, doesn't it.

What's going to happen with Mars in the future? Well, Mars in Cancer is in his Fall but he's also in his own Triplicity and is angular. This gives him both essential and accidental dignity to counter the 'fall.' Also, Mars is sextile Jupiter in 3 degrees and - as previously mentioned - conjunct Fortuna in 3 degrees. This suggests to me that whatever negatives may come to light, will be able to be managed (via negotiation perhaps?) and, given Saturn's exaltation and strength, this indicates success for the business and your finances.
Best of luck and don't forget to keep us posted on developments!
Unread 08-20-2011, 04:48 PM

Thanks for your interpretation aquarius, there were definitely elements I wasn't seeing there, so it clarifies some of the overall subject of horary a bit as well.

There actually have already been some developments, which ultimately affect the business but are centered around my own personal finances, we will unfortunately have to leave the house we are renting; but in the very same day we were offered another somewhat smaller rental house actually in the same town where the clinic is - currently we live about 30 miles away and the cost of gas these days is definitely taking a toll, we spend about 400 a month on gas alone. Anyway, this significantly decreases our personal overhead which means of course that I can afford to skip a paycheck periodically without crippling my own finances, and devote more resources to the business.

The tax people said that as long as I can keep up with employment taxes, things will balance out at the end of the year though we may have to account for late payment penalties; ultimately we'll be due a refund regardless but it won't be as large as it would have been if we'd been able to pay taxes each quarter, as the end of the year settlement will include the penalties taken out of the refund. It's not a lot, just a few hundred dollars, and we're looking at a refund of around 7k for being a startup business as well as having had an overall loss this year rather than profit.

So, they are strange developments, but I think if we can make it up to the saturn Rx and plan appropriately, all ducks in a row, we'll make it through the Rx just fine.

Thanks again
Peace

Tags
made