Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology

Horary Astrology Ask and answer any horary questions, and discuss theory and technique. Please post a chart of the time, date, and place you asked the question. Please do not ask the same question repeatedly, hoping for a different result: horary works best when you ask the question ONCE and then interpret the chart that results from when the question FIRST came into your mind. Horary forums are ONLY for discussion of horary charts and techniques.

Unread 04-06-2011, 03:38 AM

Will I win the hearing?

Essentially it's a money issue - will I win it - in the hearing?

I signed a lease on a new place that would allow for a room for my daughter. We are currently sharing. We live in a great place, but she needs her space and for cost reasons in my city, this is what I could afford. I was told the day of receiving the key for the 2 br condo that there was no hot water (I later found out it had been an unfixable issue 4 months, one of the reasons the tenants moved.) I then found it there were issues with the heat as well. The day I was told, the same night I received the key, the landlord couple then told me they were off (unreachable, in a "jungle") on a trip for a week. Great. I am finding out all this stuff from the handyman that was working on the problems there for months.

Long story short: I asked if I will win at the hearing date I set up for me against the landlord. I am asking for 3 days pay for taking off work, packing and trying to move in. I stopped the cheques for the 2 yr lease and notified him, but he didn't reply. I later noted he didn't have an address on his portion of the lease. That's my fault, and I noticed this, but I really did not consider I'd ever need it for any purpose. I had all his numbers, his wife's #s and their emails for contact.

I have hardly looked at charts of this kind, but references the houses to consider from Skyscript here:

"Scholars and practitioners of law are attributed to the 9th house and confusion often exists as to whether lawyers and those who enforce the law should be associated with this house or the 10th. In the sense that the 9th house represents guidance and advice from those more knowledgeable than ourselves, lawyers, counsellors and advisors generally fall under the principles of the 9th house when they act in an advisory capacity. Law, as a means of enforcing a ruling over others, however, belongs to the 10th house, which is the house of authority and rulership. Hence lawyers and solicitors are attributed to the 9th, whereas judges and magistrates are attributed to the 10th. If a matter of law is being considered with respect to a ruling, the decision or outcome should be judged from the 10th house. " www.skyscript.co.uk

This is what I can see:

I am Jupiter (same as the outcome/judge) in Aries without nightime triplicity being that it's a 6am chart... I also have no term there. But I am angular and in my own first house. Accidentally dignified? Jupiter and Saturn Rx are in exact opposition, Saturn being in the 7th. Perhaps it represents a hidden enemy (ruler of 12th) exposed in my 7th now (landlord). The opposition is separating. Showing the past and finding out the truth most likely.

I'm also Moon at 29th deg. ruled by Saturn Rx. This is where it gets complicated for me. Is that a purely prohibiting factor? I think its also VOC. The other possibility is that since it's so close to beginning of cusp, can we consider it in the next? In Hopes/Wishes/Dreams . ?

I am hoping Mars, ruler of my 8th being in my house and representing "other people's money" shows a monetary gain. I don't see any aspect other than Moon leaving sextile with Mars though.

Other than sharing the Jupiter signifactor with the outcome and the judge, I don't see clear indicators of winning. Unless Mars is counted - but even that has no good aspects.

Moon in 29th could also mean I perhaps stop the hearing. Something I considered. I'm not solely after money. I just felt wronged. The cash would be good but it won't be major. My POF is in 2nd though and this makes me pause.

Unread 04-06-2011, 07:07 AM

Re: Will I win the hearing?

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

I'll take a chance and say yes, you will be successful in the lawsuit:

-you = 1st house = Pisces = Jupiter
-the judge = 10th house = Sagittarius = Jupiter
-Lot of Lawsuits (LOL) -asc+mercury-mars-falls @ 16 Aries
-LOL falls in a succedent house (+) and your house of money = + testimony
-LOL @ 16 Aries is within 2 degrees conjunct Jupiter-both your and the judge's significator, which is also applying toward perfect conjunction with the LOL = + testimony
-lord of the 2nd house, lord of the LOL = Mars; Mars flows toward the LOL = + testimony
-Moon flows toward both Jupiter and the LOL and also toward the Part of Fortune = + testimony

Note: there is a possibility that this matter could be settled out of court, favorable to you.
-Jupiter flows toward the Part of Fortune = + testimony
-Lucky strike North Node is posited in the Judge's signifying house/sign (Sagittarius, 10th house) = + testimony

...so for me at least I'll take a chance and say you will be successful in this matter.

Last edited by dr. farr; 04-06-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Unread 04-07-2011, 04:36 AM

I agree with dr. farr.

Indicators that you will win are:

1) Moon and Sun in your hemisphere;

2) Opponent's Significator in your House;

3) Opponent's 2nd House Ruler in your House;

4) You are the Superior Planet;

5) Jupiter is Angular;

6) Saturn is in your opponent's House, and even though Saturn is Angular and exalted, Saturn is Retrograde and in oppostion to the Sun without Reception, ie the Sun impedes Saturn, making Saturn Malefic and the Sun an Accidental Malefic (even more so since Sun hates Libra and Saturn hates Aries). Saturn rules your opponent's House of contracts and tenants. With Saturn Retrograde, I would say the lease will be voided, if that is what you want, or at perhaps suspended, temporarily set aside, until the matter is resolved, and I mean the matter of the problem, not this hearing thing. Saturn goes Direct in about 2 months or so (give or take a week).

7) Judge has affinity for you, being in your House. Generally, when the same Significator destroys the matter, but that doesn't apply to contests or legal issues.

8) Moon is Void of Course, but that has no bearing in contests or legal issues either.

9) The outcome is determined by the 4th House, not because it is the 4th House, but because it is the 7th House from the Judge (or referee or arbitrator whoever runs the hearing). That is Mercury, Retrograde in your House.

If Mars is at 28° Pisces, that's a Pitted Degree. I don't really pay much attention to the Lot of Fortune in adversarial charts, but at 26° Taurus that is a Degree of Increasing Fortune, and the Dispositor Venus is exalted in Pisces. Even though Venus is in your 12th House, it is the 11th Sign from the Lot of Fortune and your 1st Sign. I don't see where Fortuna is debilitated by any aspects from Malefics, so you might actually get some compensation. It might not be in the form of cash though, rather it might be in the form of rent relief -- the Saturn thing -- (which saves you money either way).
Addressing his pupil, Satyacharya said, "The science of Astrology is a great secret. It should be guarded with care. This sacred science of Astrology should never be taught to bad people. Nor should it be revealed to too many people and very frequently. It should be taught only to a few chosen disciples who really deserve and have the necessary qualifications."
Unread 04-08-2011, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

I'll take a chance and say yes, you will be successful in the lawsuit:

-you = 1st house = Pisces = Jupiter
-the judge = 10th house = Sagittarius = Jupiter
-Lot of Lawsuits (LOL) -asc+mercury-mars-falls @ 16 Aries
-LOL falls in a succedent house (+) and your house of money = + testimony
-LOL @ 16 Aries is within 2 degrees conjunct Jupiter-both your and the judge's significator, which is also applying toward perfect conjunction with the LOL = + testimony
-lord of the 2nd house, lord of the LOL = Mars; Mars flows toward the LOL = + testimony
-Moon flows toward both Jupiter and the LOL and also toward the Part of Fortune = + testimony

Note: there is a possibility that this matter could be settled out of court, favorable to you.
-Jupiter flows toward the Part of Fortune = + testimony
-Lucky strike North Node is posited in the Judge's signifying house/sign (Sagittarius, 10th house) = + testimony

...so for me at least I'll take a chance and say you will be successful in this matter.
Hello, my friend, and THANK YOU for looking at my chart. Are you using lots more lately? Very revealing in my chart here. I had concern when reading this that LOL falls in Aries and it's intercepted. Does a.) being ruled by Mars not matter since you don't judge it as a Malefic? Also, I guess, Aries is not intercepted in your house system. Correct?

When you wrote that the matter could be settled out of court, is this because you saw Mercury in retrograde? I personally think that since he rents out more than one home that having this blemish at the Tenant Board could be damaging for him at that may be why he'd settle out of court. Also being Rx.

Unread 04-08-2011, 04:27 AM

Right-in whole sign there are no interceptions
Relative to Mars: I am a complete relativist regarding malefic/benefic, so being disposited by Mars is not necessarily a negative at all (in this outlook I largely depart even from the Ankara tradition, which still followed the typical essential malefic concept found both in Greco/Roman and Traditionalist astrology-and Vedic astrology too! My outlook here-relative to benefic/malefic-is Modernist...)
Unread 04-08-2011, 05:15 AM

Digesting.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobZemco View Post
I agree with dr. farr.

Indicators that you will win are:

1) Moon and Sun in your hemisphere;

2) Opponent's Significator in your House;

3) Opponent's 2nd House Ruler in your House;

4) You are the Superior Planet;

5) Jupiter is Angular;

6) Saturn is in your opponent's House, and even though Saturn is Angular and exalted, Saturn is Retrograde and in oppostion to the Sun without Reception, ie the Sun impedes Saturn, making Saturn Malefic and the Sun an Accidental Malefic (even more so since Sun hates Libra and Saturn hates Aries). Saturn rules your opponent's House of contracts and tenants. With Saturn Retrograde, I would say the lease will be voided, if that is what you want, or at perhaps suspended, temporarily set aside, until the matter is resolved, and I mean the matter of the problem, not this hearing thing. Saturn goes Direct in about 2 months or so (give or take a week).

7) Judge has affinity for you, being in your House. Generally, when the same Significator destroys the matter, but that doesn't apply to contests or legal issues.

8) Moon is Void of Course, but that has no bearing in contests or legal issues either.

9) The outcome is determined by the 4th House, not because it is the 4th House, but because it is the 7th House from the Judge (or referee or arbitrator whoever runs the hearing). That is Mercury, Retrograde in your House.

If Mars is at 28° Pisces, that's a Pitted Degree. I don't really pay much attention to the Lot of Fortune in adversarial charts, but at 26° Taurus that is a Degree of Increasing Fortune, and the Dispositor Venus is exalted in Pisces. Even though Venus is in your 12th House, it is the 11th Sign from the Lot of Fortune and your 1st Sign. I don't see where Fortuna is debilitated by any aspects from Malefics, so you might actually get some compensation. It might not be in the form of cash though, rather it might be in the form of rent relief -- the Saturn thing -- (which saves you money either way).
Bob, thank you for taking the time and really dissecting this chart. Very informative!

I have one question. It all makes sense and I just need to read it over, but I don't understand why some general horary rules don't apply to legal questions. ie: Sharing the signifactor = destroying the matter and Moon VOC not being an issue.

Thanks again. So lucky to have your input!

Last edited by SagiCap; 04-09-2011 at 06:42 AM.

Tags
hearing